Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

23,358 replies to this topic
Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Every year after black friday you see videos going viral of crowds rushing and jostling, and fights breaking out. Just how common is that behaviour?

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 5 days ago

if i had to guess i'd say it's a yearly occurrence

Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

black friday in the US seems like a really good opportunity to shoplift

There's usually police present at the bigger chains for crowd control. Just boost on a regular day - LP alone are usually powerless, depending on the store and their policy.

I've only gone to Black Friday once, but the lines were unfathomably long and I was too late to get what I wanted. Not worth the wait and hassle just to get a sh*tty 720p 30HZ TV.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 5 days ago

Black Friday actually starts on Thursday on l.a.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 5 days ago

new firefox update sucks cock

Fixed^^

i'd still take firefox 57 over the memory leaking botnet sh*tf*ck that is chrome anything other browsers are invalid keep it moving free max b

Firefox 57 is crap as it killed so many plug-ins, and basically killed off any UI customization, go for Waterfox as it's based off 56, although you do need a 64 bit machine for it.

B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Clearly Public Transport in my town has turn full sh*t or something.  Today I finished lunch up with my friends and went around 2 streets to catch a bus back to the shopping centre then home. My friend who came to the same stop as I did had no trouble hailing he's bus as it came around the corner and got on fine but Mine which comes 20 minuets later. 

Mine comes around the corner and as I see him coming I hail clearly so he can see it. he almost speeds past (He wasn't paying attention to the bus stop or the fact that I tried to hail him) Had I not screamed out at him and flapped my arms around like a mad chicken (yes a chicken) I would of missed my bus, been left out in the downpour of heavy rain, missed my connecting bus and it would of taken a hour or two longer to get home. 

Drivers reason? "Well mate no one get's on there usually". Well It's literally a fully marked bus stop with seats and signs and from your position you could clearly see me hailing. This wasn't a professional response and I was thinking of leaving a complaint but they don't have a f*cking complaints line open on the weekend (What kind of bus company doesn't have a complaints line open on the weekend? Silly). I called the head number for Comfort Del Gro NSW and got told the voice mailbox is full (FFS). Anyway had he sped past and not stopped after I clearly hailed him them yes I would of left a complaint and told the bus company to turn the bus back around since the driver missed picking up a passenger that wanted to board the bus.

F*ck you Comfort Del Gro and f*ck your no customer complaints hotline not being opened on the weekend. 

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by R3CON, 4 days ago.

^tbh this is a fairly common occurrence with public transportation. It's not limited to that company or that location. Alot of bus drivers are assholes or just don't care about their job like that. They're just driving from A to B and there's no real recourse if they don't pick you up. Hard to prove, hard to log complaints, hard for that to trickle down into a meaningful consequence.

Even if you make noise about it, this will still continue to happen in the future. Best bet is to invest in a car. And next time get the driver's bus number and plate number.

Every year after black friday you see videos going viral of crowds rushing and jostling, and fights breaking out. Just how common is that behaviour?

Rustling and jostling is very common. The fights do happen at some places but they're very, very few and far between. Most people just want to get their stuff and keep it moving.

Also, many Black Friday deals actually start on Thursday and some deals have been staggered to spread out the sales over more days. Cyber Monday and online shopping is another factor since you don't even need to leave the house/work. Many people have become wary of the hectic and stressful nature of Black Friday and in recent years companies have made changes to disperse the madness and provide alternatives.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

^tbh this is a fairly common occurrence with public transportation. It's not limited to that company or that location. Alot of bus drivers are assholes or just don't care about their job like that. They're just driving from A to B and there's no real recourse if they don't pick you up. Hard to prove, hard to log complaints, hard for that to trickle down into a meaningful consequence.

Even if you make noise about it, this will still continue to happen in the future. Best bet is to invest in a car. And next time get the driver's bus number and plate number.

Rustling and jostling is very common. The fights do happen at some places but they're very, very few and far between. Most people just want to get their stuff and keep it moving.

Also, many Black Friday deals actually start on Thursday and some deals have been staggered to spread out the sales over more days. Cyber Monday and online shopping is another factor since you don't even need to leave the house/work. Many people have become wary of the hectic and stressful nature of Black Friday and in recent years companies have made changes to disperse the madness and provide alternatives.

Due to a Medical condition I have (Which I won't disclose for personal reasons) I can't really drive so Public transport is all I really have. Some of my friends are nice to give a lift where possible but it doesn't always happen which is understandable. 

I'm still P!ssed about the fact that for a major bus company in our region, they don't have a customer complaints line open on the weekend. What kind of major service has no complaints line opened on the weekend? This would be like Wal-Mart of a weekend closing their complaints line and telling you to wait till Monday if you have any complaints. By then it's too late and the person who wishes to complain has probably moved on. 

Anyway I got the bus rego (plates), time dotted down as well as route number so it's pretty easy to put all of this together. The buses are tracked via satellite from the various depots / Head office / Operational Control Centre and have cameras on the outside and inside so it'll be easy to prove to the company that a passenger attempted to flag down a driver only for the driver to almost drive on. 

This isn't the first time I've had a driver be smart to me and it probably won't be the last. 

• R3CON likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 4 days ago

When you order Fruit as one of your sides and they don't cut off all of the rinds from the pineapples so when you bite into it you hit a brick wall

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

There is nothing more that upsets me than people who don't use commas. I paid just enough attention in English class, but I didn't really get proper with it, so I made B's instead of A's. That being said, it's better to use a comma and be wrong, than to not use commas at all. When I see sh*t like this...

"Oh my god this game is so boring like who even plays this sh*t anymore people are so stupid these days lol get rekt scrub you are so bad at this game you need to pack up and leave hahaha I f*cked your mom last night I'm your dad"

No-no-no-no-no, hell no, I am not reading that sh*t. I instantly scroll past your post if you cannot use any commas. There's a reason it's on your keyboard, or at the bottom of the screen of your phone.

I ain't no goddamn college professor, but it will save me the frustration, and maybe many others, of reading through your clusterf*ck of words, to get some kind of understanding.

Let's not completely throw English out of the window. For f*ck's sake, Cursive is already becoming obsolete.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 4 days ago

Every friggin year, When i was still with the Fire Dept we would actually set up advance stations at the local stores because every single year without fail we'd get a call out for people getting trampled, broken bones ect.

The stores finally wised up and now hold a lottery system for the big box items such as TV, Gaming Systems ect so unless you had the ticket you weren't getting the item no matter how many people you trampled.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A day ago

unknown.png

*dj khaled voice* another one

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Instead of hand washing 3 coffee cups, which would take maybe 37 seconds, my roommate throws them into the completely empty dishwasher and starts a load.

Holy sh*t, how lazy and worthless can one human being be?
  • Star-Lord, ten-a-penny and fashion like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Instead of hand washing 3 coffee cups, which would take maybe 37 seconds, my roommate throws them into the completely empty dishwasher and starts a load.

Holy sh*t, how lazy and worthless can one human being be?

i feel like that kinda defeats the purpose, that would make them extra soapy. which he will probably need to rinse them out after the wash. what a waste of water too. you should "sell a honda civic" for him.  

• ten-a-penny likes this

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago Edited by ProKiller93, A day ago.

why the f*ck are star wars movies coming out every year now. 

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Mickey Mouse needs cash to fund his coke habit.
  • Star-Lord, fashion, ProKiller93 and 1 other like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

RAD XTREME LEFTIST

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted A day ago

• Static and Femme Fatale like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

just be happy there's no micro transactions that will force you to buy the climax.

• Star-Lord, ten-a-penny and Neon_Dreaming like this

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

Dance-Off, Bro. Me and you.

• Facade
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I'm sort of grumpy with myself today, drank too much rocket fuel (Cheap Vodka) yesterday. Hungover to the max.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users