Grumpy Old Forumers

22,015 replies to this topic
feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Nope, I'm not good at being positive either.

I guess I could try.

crazy_smile_by_nerdboy69-d5cvhng.jpg

i feel like if there was a picture of Gollum as a child, that would be it.

• ceszayers likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 4 days ago

Hearing somebody say the only family gatherings the wanna go to are funeral is sickening. :/

• Finn 7 five 11, ten-a-penny and LincolnClay like this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Finn 7 five 11, 4 days ago.

I guess this forum has become an outlet for emotions rather than a place to learn and test myself anonymously. I do have a question though.
Regarding alcohol abuse, apologies if it's long winded. You can skip to the end if you wish, it was going to be for have a question, however I'm going to get some 14 year old's answers and I really need someone with experience.

My family on my mother's side have always had problems with alcohol, I dunno the exact timeline of events but their father died of a rare disease, young, caught from a blood transplant, I think it derailed the whole family, or at least contributed.
My grandmother managed to kick it and still enjoy alcohol in small amounts now.
My mother used to quit often, but when she was on, she was very much on, and my parents split as a result, she managed to keep up work however retired from dentistry And work at 42 after not being able to handle her problem any more, plus bad arthritis. Good job, she was lucky she'd saved her money. Now approaching 60, she still has on/off times which is sad because she's nearing on 60, gave up her life pretty young to a problem still afflicting her.
My auntie On and off, her husband died of leukaemia when my cousin was 6, I think she had problems since, she is a nurse, has been fired from some hospitals for her problems.
My Uncle He drank, smoked like a chimney and worked as a builder and in construction management his whole life, he drank his way to death at 60, a few years ago now. Drove away the most loyal wife that refused to give up on him until the last few years.
Another uncle He is now 43, he quit, for good, nothing more 13 years ago now, nearly destroyed his marriage and his life, but he quit. Is doing fantastic, owns a reasonably large company, still has his wife.
Best uncle He has been successful his whole life, he's 45 now, high positions in companies, never gone off the rails, however I have noticed he drinks a lot, but he has fun.
Final uncle The oldest, 60 something, did great for himself, has a few businesses, qualified in multiple trades, has a wife, a few kids, also has some kind of autism, so he's a little different to the rest. Never had a problem with alcohol, but never stayed with the family either.

They all seemed successful, but struggled with alcohol.

Question
Anyway. I would say I haven't had many problems with alcohol, (I don't smoke or even drink coffee) doesn't make me violent or abusive, when I was younger it wasn't uncommon between 18-20 to go out drinking 2-3 weekends a month for 2-3 nights in a row. But everyone did. Between 20-22 I cut down a lot, still binge drank but it was often months inbetween, and I drank More casually with a meal, or kept it to a few drinks and went home.

When I was just about 23 I started working a job where I was there from 80-110 hrs a week. I became so exhausted and started turning to booze to get through my shifts. I would have 8-10 drinks a night 2-3 days a week working until 2am. I thought it was fun, I enjoyed working. But the next morning I'd have a beer before work too to keep me moving. I realized I had to stop. So I didn't do that any more.

Anyway now, 25, going on 26. I don't drink much, still party from time to time, feel horrible when the hangover comes, had a few weekend long benders, but I generally end up taking some cocaine or Ecstasy or something on the second/third day to keep me going which is bad.
I avoid lunch beers at work. However sometimes I do have them. Or evenings, and the thing that concerns me, is that when I do, I get this feeling that I want to quit everything and just continue drinking, just keep the bender going, and I guess I'm just asking, is this how it begins? Is it a choice to just give up and let it take me, or am I just paranoid because of my family history? I don't know if this is a warning sign.

I guess that's the real question, anyone with experience? What do you think?

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I feel like you drink a lot more than you say you do or think you do. 

XXI
  • XXI

set 'em on fire

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 3 days ago

someone has been running their engine for the last hour across the street, it's loud and after midnight ffs.

• ten-a-penny and alkaline_ like this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°1 sǝɹɐɔ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 3 days ago

^^ ui ui ui! I hate it when people camp in their cars and it doesn't have a catalytic converter. Its what death smells like!!

I am grumpy because I'm just really p'd off with the cost of shipping oversized items here, damnit! I wish I didn't know shipping was free in the continental US, maybe it wouldn't hurt me so much...

• alkaline_ likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 3 days ago

What's making me grumpy right now, or more so making me cringe, is all of the idiotic and mislead backlash 13 Reasons Why is being given from people who let's be honest just didn't get the show at all...
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 days ago

What's making me grumpy right now, or more so making me cringe, is all of the idiotic and mislead backlash 13 Reasons Why is being given from people who let's be honest just didn't get the show at all...

Don't listen to them. 13 Reasons Why is a strong reason to get Netflix. :^: 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 3 days ago

Troll Cruise is at it again.

When ma went outside to feed the cats, she gave everyone their food minus one - it wasn't enough. That same cat (well, kitten) is, One, too young to venture out and eat with the rest of the assholes, and Two, she's always hiding in the garage - she refuses to leave.

I took a piece of cheese, went to her "home, gave her her food, only for Troll Cruise to come in. I tried to separate both, and it worked. I went inside to eat my breakfast, I head outside only to see the f*cker has taken the innocent kitten's food. Fck's sake Troll Cruise, you've had your food! Don't steal other people's sh*t! Bad bad! :angry:

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

Gangsta

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 3 days ago Edited by ceszayers, 3 days ago.

The heat is making me miserable.

Again, it's my psoriasis that is taking the worst of it. I imagine it seems like I'm exaggerating about how much the heat affects me, sadly I'm not.

My legs were clearing but since this heat has struck they've begun bubbling up again. That and my neck is covered in stinging psoriasis patches that keep bleeding and weeping.

Not a pretty image below, but an honest image.

Spoiler

• Kirsty, ten-a-penny, Pavle and 2 others like this

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

I can't find my beard trimmer charger, I always leave it near my TV, where is it, oh wait I put it away in a bag with all the other cables. atleast I cut down my sideburns and trimmed my stubble, looked like wolverine.

agh this hot weather, its sure is a lovely view I have on the farm but damn the heat makes me feel drained.

Synthol
  • Synthol

You're not bulletproof

• Members
  • Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 2 days ago

I'm really sick and f*cking tired of my ISP's bullsh*t. I'm not even getting half of the bandwidth I'm paying for, I called them and they gave me the bullsh*t excuse of 'your area doesn't support it'. Motherf*cker, I live smack dab in the centre of the city, I don't live in a f*cking hut in the middle of nowhere.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Travedge
  • Travedge

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

The heat is making me miserable.

Again, it's my psoriasis that is taking the worst of it. I imagine it seems like I'm exaggerating about how much the heat affects me, sadly I'm not.

My legs were clearing but since this heat has struck they've begun bubbling up again. That and my neck is covered in stinging psoriasis patches that keep bleeding and weeping.

Not a pretty image below, but an honest image.

Spoiler

Damn sorry you have to deal with this. I thought cold sores were a curse. If I was covered in weeping sores just bet Id be in opioid wonderland. Or an alcoholic.
  • ceszayers likes this

Buy EMOTION on iTunes

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago Edited by 2281, 2 days ago.

I'm really sick and f*cking tired of my ISP's bullsh*t. I'm not even getting half of the bandwidth I'm paying for, I called them and they gave me the bullsh*t excuse of 'your area doesn't support it'. Motherf*cker, I live smack dab in the centre of the city, I don't live in a f*cking hut in the middle of nowhere.

Could be worse, I guess. My former ISP used to overcalculate our 'data' usage on a regular basis. We could be away all day with both the modem and router unplugged and I would return to check their online tracker only to find data usage calculated for said days, often several hundred megabytes (sort of a big deal when you have a 60 GB limit each month).

For any curious Canadians, it was Rogers. f*ck them.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 days ago Edited by AiŽaŠobŽa, 2 days ago.

Getting pissed with Verizon every time i have the $100 to spare to pay for the activation fees and everything i go to order the iPad 12.9 it's out of stock and when i don't have it, it's in stock.

I should've gotten it last month as i did a pre-order so i would get one once the new shipment came in but 24hr before they were due to ship out my order was "Canceled" and when i called them they couldn't tell me who or why it was canceled and told me they couldn't "un-cancel" my order because they only had a limited amount and once my order was canceled i lost my place and someone else got it.

I might just settle for the 9.7in one but i want the 12.9in one i'd even buy the rose gold one as tacky as it looks that's what covers are for.

My ISP throttles my internet speed at random times even though they claim they don't.

I'm suppose to be getting 70mbps and most of the time i do but there have been times where i've checked my speed when i noticed things are running super slow to find my speed is around 10mbps.

When i call to complain about this they say they aren't throttling my speeds and everything looks fine on their end but they'll "reset the system" and see if they fixes and then all the sudden i'm getting my normal speed again even though i reset my router just before calling them.

This didn't just happen once but many times i am so mad that i switched to TWC not Spectrum i switched because the deal they offered was great Cable Phone & 70mbps for $99 a month (no contract) now i found out why they did this as a no contact deal they claims so we could cancel at anytime without fees but it's so they can slip in extra fees so my bill went from $120 a month to almost $250 even thoug nothing has been added since i switched.

I'd like to go back to AT&T U-Verse but you have to pay for the speed i want separately and 50mbps is $65 by itself maybe i'll just get one of those jailbroken Roku/Firesticks and just pay for internet by itself

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness - GFX Requests

Posted 2 days ago Edited by CCPD, 2 days ago.

My YouTube account was suspended for "spam, scams or commercially deceptive content" recently. Not only I had no such videos, the last upload I did was back in 2013. The only few videos I had were some trailer for GTA4. The only reason I even uploaded them is to post them on my blog, which I also no longer update. I only use my YouTube account for watching videos. None of those trailers have anything even closely relevant to "spam, scams or commercially deceptive content". My YouTube account was always in very good standing, and I would never post or condone any such things. I was allowed one appeal and it was auto-rejected with standard copy pasted response within 20 minutes. When I went online to see what's going on I discovered that Google forum is full of people with the same problem. Some similar as me who has old YouTube account with some dumb old videos, some teachers who post their own educational material and some didn't even have any videos to begin with. Currently not sure what to do since can't appeal anymore and how to prove my innocence. In case somebody doesn't know back in 2011 Kotaku published a story YouTube Bans Indie Dev's Trailer Account as "Scams, Spam and Commercially Deceptive", so apparently nobody is save from YouTubes stupidity and unless you can raise some social noise like TotalBiscuit you pretty much out of luck.

Sooo, how everybody else been doing?  :miranda:

• The Deadite and LincolnClay like this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Spaghetti Cat, 2 days ago.

Apple sometimes discontinues products right before they announce new versions. They did this with the old Thunderbolt displays before moving on to the 4k versions from LG. It's a way to clear inventory before the new products arrive on-shelves. The WWDC is in a couple weeks and they may announce a couple new versions of iPads there. From the rumors I've heard it may be an OG 9.7", the maxIpad 12.9" version and possibly something in-between. There are also rumors that the mini-Ipad won't be refreshed, so just FYI.

I have the 12.9" version when it came out last year. It's a great machine, nice big screen. Works great with the keyboard and pencil. If I could do video editing on there I'd replace my MacBook.
  • AlienTwo likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted A day ago

Ended up overeating during Breakfast, still suffer this sh*t despite it being hours. >#FirstDaysInRamadanProblems

Travedge
  • Travedge

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Time to fast like sonic the hedgehog right? Good Ole ramadan.

I ate a cold in n out burger. Best day old fridge burger I ever had <3

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted A day ago

"MaxiPad" is a thing?
  • Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

love or a garbage disposal unit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted A day ago

Why do people have to shoot at each other at 3:30 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep?

• gtamann123 likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 hours ago

I hate drinking on a full stomach. Takes me twice as long to get drunk. f*ck.

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

Space Marine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 hours ago

corey in the house predicted obama's presidency

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 9 hours ago

corey in the house predicted obama's presidency

Not quite, but "Idiocracy" predicted Trump's.
  • ten-a-penny, The Deadite and LincolnClay like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 4 hours ago

Why do people act like there was ever a perfect generation of humans?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 4 hours ago

Why do people act like there was ever a perfect generation of humans?

There *was* a perfect generation. The Next Generation.

giphy.gif
  • Scaglietti and Neon_Dreaming like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users