Grumpy Old Forumers

21,446 replies to this topic
feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

It's not. Not even close. No US city appears in even the top 10 global places to live in terms of cost. Even in the US, New York is much more expensive.

daily mail chart has SF as 2, this is from Decemeber, ive seen more recent articles that has SF as 1. 

http://www.dailymail...ose-behind.html

3BB2DF1000000578-4073464-The_cost_of_liv

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

Murder Maketh Man

• Daily Globe
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Weather is grim, f*cking Tories.

• Natasha likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 2 days ago

San Francisco and the bay area is insanely expensive.  My buddy has been living there for about ten years and has been telling me his rent and housing prices.  Denver, where I live, is up there on the pricey end and his costs make mine seem like pauper rates.

• ten-a-penny and Payne Killer like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Madness fixing sadness.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

I'm coming down with a cold, I miss the drugs.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Tämän Maailman Ruhtinaan Hovi

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 2 days ago

daily mail chart has SF as 2, this is from Decemeber, ive seen more recent articles that has SF as 1. 

It's from the Daily Wail, therefore liable to be completely wrong like pretty much everything else they publish.

For instance, Singapore constantly tops pretty much any poll of cities by living cost but barely ranks in the Wail list. The 2016-17 Economist Intelligence Unit top 10 reads

1. Singapore
2. Hong Kong
3. Zurich
4. Tokyo
5. Osaka
6. Seoul
7. Geneva
8. Paris
9. New York
10. Copenhagen

That's from data published a week ago (http://www.economist.../daily-chart-13)

That's a more recent data set than my earlier post was based on, and puts LA at 11th.
  • RedDagger, Mr. Fartenhate and ten-a-penny like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 2 days ago

Then again, SF is a Major City. It makes sense for a Major City to be expensive.

It does NOT make ANY sense for Morocco to be THIS expensive. f*ck

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Daily Globe
  • Canada
  • Nicest Canadian

Posted 2 days ago

People be like, "get a new phone yet?".

Yeah, when you buy me one. Sh*t. Barely have my life on track, idgaf about a phone.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

XXI
  • XXI

We the leaders.

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • Best New Member 2015

Posted 2 days ago

Yeah, when you buy me one. Sh*t. Barely have my life on track, idgaf about a phone.

You f*cking woke me up, don't you f*cking demand sh*t from me. Ever.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Daily Globe
  • Canada
  • Nicest Canadian

Posted 2 days ago

You f*cking woke me up, don't you f*cking demand sh*t from me. Ever.

Wait..what? :s

Mion
  • Mion

Duke #MarchMadness

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 days ago

1. Singapore

2. Hong Kong
3. Zurich
4. Tokyo
5. Osaka
6. Seoul
7. Geneva
8. Paris
9. New York
10. Copenhagen

Seems legit idk about Paris and Osaka, but then again every kpop idol from there is f*cking rich.

I hate SJW twitter, the first screenshot is media but go off.

https://twitter.com/...131499653107716

Buy EMOTION on iTunes

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago

ux2Uaut.gif

That's from data published a week ago (http://www.economist.../daily-chart-13)

Yikes. Here I was thinking I was still going to be living with mommy at age 30.

It still saddens me to see Toronto at 86th.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 2 days ago

I don't see the problem here. Is it because a Muslim is standing with the victims?
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Eucatastrophe

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 days ago

I don't see the problem here. Is it because a Muslim is standing with the victims?

I was confused at first but I think it's because the mainstream media is running the story but the original tweet says they wont run the story.

• Carbonox and Natasha like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Playa

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

Why do people arrange times to meet and upon that time choose to message to inform me they're 'getting ready' ... eh no, you made the time so if anything it's me who should be running late as I agree'd to your terms on short notice.

I should just start telling people an earlier time in the hope they're actually there when they originally proposed! :miranda:

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 2 days ago

My laptop is pissing me off. I've been using a City Overhaul mod for Skyrim (Dawn of Skyrim), and Whiterun is one of the few heavily affected cities. I've been through the dame Gods-cursed style: start Skyrim, reach Whiterun, start the Companions Questline then restart all over again because I "forgot" something. To make it even better, I eas using a fairly strong ENB.

Didn't lag even ONCE in Whiterun, yet for some reason when I removed the ENB (don't remember why tho), it started lagging loke crazy. Now, despite the fact I haven't done anything (other than lowering the shadow's detail level from Ultra to Medium), the game's back on track again. What gives!

Anti-Complaint: Just bought a good desk. IfI ever get lucky I MAY buy a Desktop computer with good specs. No more pathetic looking Skyrim and finally an access to DOOM4 and Watch Dogs 2! :D

Natasha
  • Natasha

Playa

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

Anti-Complaint: Just bought a good desk. IfI ever get lucky I MAY buy a Desktop computer with good specs. No more pathetic looking Skyrim and finally an access to DOOM4 and Watch Dogs 2! :D

Having a good desktop is always better than a laptop there really is no competition, specially when it's bang for buck!
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ShadowRageEX
  • ShadowRageEX

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted A day ago

Just got in a misunderstanding with my crush. So I decided to clear it up. One of my friends, who is also interested in her despite having a girlfriend said to me ''Hey, just tell me every detail when you will be going to talk to her on facebook''. I got angry a little .. I mean come on! Sure you are interested in her doesn't mean that you will butt-in in my matters.

Anyways, then he messaged me telling that I shouldn't clear the mess up as she won't be going to have a relationship with me and even if she will, I will have complications. I was like ''Are you a fortune teller?''. I told him to shut the f*ck up and that I am talking to her at the moment in a group to which he replied ''Give me every detail will ya'?''. I didn't. Than he begged that I should also include him in the group. I mean WTF? First you tell me that I won't bother to try to clear the misunderstanding and than when I refused, asked me to add him in the group? Pffft .. I really hate such peoples. 

• ten-a-penny and LincolnClay like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินีเลื&

• The Precinct
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A day ago

Just got in a misunderstanding with my crush. So I decided to clear it up. One of my friends, who is also interested in her despite having a girlfriend said to me ''Hey, just tell me every detail when you will be going to talk to her on facebook''. I got angry a little .. I mean come on! Sure you are interested in her doesn't mean that you will butt-in in my matters.

Anyways, then he messaged me telling that I shouldn't clear the mess up as she won't be going to have a relationship with me and even if she will, I will have complications. I was like ''Are you a fortune teller?''. I told him to shut the f*ck up and that I am talking to her at the moment in a group to which he replied ''Give me every detail will ya'?''. I didn't. Than he begged that I should also include him in the group. I mean WTF? First you tell me that I won't bother to try to clear the misunderstanding and than when I refused, asked me to add him in the group? Pffft .. I really hate such peoples. 

Your friend is a c*nt.

• ShadowRageEX and LincolnClay like this

ShadowRageEX
  • ShadowRageEX

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted A day ago

Damn right! Sometimes I really think if he is truly my friend or not. It made me so pissed that just for his interest, He didn't even cared for his friend.

• ceszayers and LincolnClay like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted A day ago

Apparently the desk we just bought is too big than what we though. Damn thing blocked both sides of the Dresser's doors. Now I can't use the upper side.

As the Moroccan saying goes, "اللحية وقاة الحياء / A beard with nonexistent manners". The asshole we bought this sh*t from is apparently religious, judging by his beard. Asshat cheated us - we've found a good desk in his shop but its part of a set. We asked him if he have an identical desk, he said he have, with the only difference is that this one is darl brpwn while the other (the one we bought) is light brown. Turned out that one is A LOT BIGGER than it should be. We only had 90-109 cmm to spare. This thing is a weeping 120. Wtf?

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted A day ago

Damn right! Sometimes I really think if he is truly my friend or not. It made me so pissed that just for his interest, He didn't even cared for his friend.

Dude if he's in a relationship and is trying to get with her you should tell his girlfriend about him being a dickwad and attempting to cheat on her.

• ten-a-penny, ShadowRageEX, ceszayers and 1 other like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Daily Globe
  • Canada
  • Nicest Canadian

Posted A day ago

ux2Uaut.gif

I'm waiting too..for you to cop me a phone from work. You unload the f*ckers. Ain't gonna miss 1.

ShadowRageEX
  • ShadowRageEX

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted A day ago Edited by ShadowRageEX, A day ago.

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

Dude if he's in a relationship and is trying to get with her you should tell his girlfriend about him being a dickwad and attempting to cheat on her.

I really want too. But I have seen him with his girlfriend and seeing how happy she looks with him together makes me stop. Their relationship has been going on for years and if I told her this, she will be crushed. It is also funny how he cares about his girlfriend too and is afraid of loosing her but still interested in the other girl. Me and my other friend are doing our best to prevent his increasing interest on my crush though. We decided to make him distant with her and so far have been successful.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

Olive Green Angel of Death

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago

Spent five minutes trying to get a mouse of the room, but it ran away...only to return later. I don't understand why they're here. Never seen a mouse before in this house. Why are you in my house, vermin? Why?

Oh, and spiders. Huntsman ones especially. *gags*
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Playa

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

Spent five minutes trying to get a mouse of the room, but it ran away...only to return later. I don't understand why they're here. Never seen a mouse before in this house. Why are you in my house, vermin? Why?

If I honestly found a huntsman I would burn the f*cking house down. Couldn't be dealing with that sh*t!
  • Crokey, The Happy Clown and LincolnClay like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 22 hours ago

I'd suggest a mouse trap.  

They work well, spiders NEVER expect them.

• Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Daily Globe
  • Canada
  • Nicest Canadian

Posted 21 hours ago Edited by Kushology, 21 hours ago.

Came across a comment directed towards a friend.. I want to defend them but don't want to start sh*t.

So now I'm just sitting here bitching about it to myself and here.

E: Well, this is awkward but was bugging me a lot.. Lol.
  • ceszayers, LincolnClay and Natasha like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users