» «
Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

10,528 replies to this topic
All-Blacks
  • All-Blacks

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:20 AM

Anything school-themed is something to rant about.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (EmoPat @ Jan 8 2007, 16:33)
@Arch: Real men wear pink. cool.gif

No, seriously, I wouldn't be caught dead in pink. Anyway, I have some more things that piss me off.

• Halo 2 on Xbox Live. So, back last year when I was thirteen, I'd go over to my friend's house and play Halo 2 online with him. Know what pissed me off? Those nine year old kids always masking their voice and such. I even had one who thought he'd be a smart ass, and he kept yelling "WHERE'S MY CHOCOLATE MILK BITCH?!". I saw him around a corner, popped out, and capped his ass. "HERE'S YOUR CHOCOLATE MILK BITCH!". Then his other nine year old friends bitched at me calling me a noob and such.

• School lockers. Ok, so I was almost late to class. I go to my corner lockers and guess what? Completely blocked by people standing there talking about god knows what. So I gently push my way through, and grab my books. But apparently what I did pissed them off, so now they won't let me out. Enough is enough. I shoved my way through, and they said "Do you mind, we're talking here!". I almost said "Do you mind, I'm trying to get to class and your fatass is in the way!". But there were teachers around. confused.gif

I had a really good one other than those but I can't remember it..

Ha, I'd pay to see you do that with the kid on Xbox Live.

I know what you mean w/ the kids in the hall. Some of them don't even stand near lockers, they just stand right in the middle of the f*cking hallway, making masses of kids squeeze around them.

After seeing some Assassin's Creed videos, I just push on their backpacks like Altair pushes on peasants' shoulders to get them outta my way. I don't look at them, just gently push. Works every time.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (OdDsOcK @ Jan 8 2007, 21:16)
I don't know about yall, but I hate when people drag their feet.

I'm a military civilian and I have been taught proper drill and cadence. Now when I walk I am incredibly quiet, as I always pick up my feet and lay them down softly. Sometimes I sneak up on people and don't even mean to!

But so many youths like me drag their damn heels across the floor EVERY FREAKING TIME they take a step. It's so annoying! I know we're a lazy generation but it's not hard to do!

Gotta agree entirely with you there. If I had my way I'd make it compulsary for kids to learn drill in school.

I must admit my trousers are a little baggy, not grunge baggy, just seen as "wid da fashion yo!" baggy, though that not my reason. I'm short lol tounge.gif .

Kids standing in hallways in school? You guys never heard of pushing, or bundles? That's school life summed up for me tounge.gif Yay for crappy corridoor layouts that cause congestion biggrin.gif

eyeswideshut
  • eyeswideshut

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:21 AM

Damn those Gothic anti-conformists and their Dance Dance Revolution angry.gif .

Hayden2
  • Hayden2

I'd like some tachitos.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (eyeswideshut @ Jan 9 2007, 16:21)
Damn those Gothic anti-conformists and their Dance Dance Revolution angry.gif .

Dance Dance Revolution you say...? nervous.gif

>>> Linkage <<<

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:57 AM

Stupid Oldies with their tight pants.....

WE DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR BULGES!!!

also, We get the locker problem in Australia too.

We don't have DDR disease here though.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

DDR Disease is dumb...but DDR sure as hell is fun. Maybe I'm gay..

Lost-Fender
  • Lost-Fender

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:01 PM

I hate how shallow young people in my age range are when it comes to music! It's really annoying when they hear any random mainstream crap they hear, and they think they're smartasses on music stuff. Pisses me off.

And I hate all these "emo" wanna-be's. They say they're emo, and when you look at them, they arseholes. And they think being "emo" is cool. Makes them look even more dumb like that. They don't even get that stereotype right and stuff. dozingoff.gif

Hayden2
  • Hayden2

I'd like some tachitos.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

DRUGS AND ALCOHOL. People don't realise what they're doing to themselves. Not only the big issues people try to push aside like Crack, Marijuana, and Ice. Even coca-cola and things like that are really bad for you and the main problem is that people don't have the knowledge that they should have. It's the people who profit off this crap that really piss me off. I really hope they all get their just-desserts. confused.gif

Fortunately there are those who are willing to risk their lives to get the message across, but it's not working very well. People think, oh it's just a coke, I'll be fine. It's not just a coke, it's a long term affect, which means that it takes a long time to affect you. Especially "Diet" coke and all that crap. Asparatine is a cancerous drug. MSG, or "flavour enhancer 621" is a toxic additive used in most products such as chips. Apparently it's the secret spice in The Colonel's recipe (KFC) (or so I hear).

According to one of the heads of ONEGroup (Organic & Natural Enterprises Group) the amount of toxins and radiation that is inflicted onto the world is the equivalent of dropping 100,000 nuclear bombs every day. The only difference, is time. So apparently in around 40 years there will be serious mutations and defections. Hopefully we can reverse this affect before it becomes too late.

a_fool_from_edinburgh
  • a_fool_from_edinburgh

psychonaut

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

Hayden mate, the sadder thing is that alot of people who are on hard drugs or boozeheads are aware of what they are doing to themselves but the power of the narcotic is such that they just can't stop.
Your info bout coca cola interesting but most people are aware that its hardly healthy and as with everything, in MODERATION it ain't gonna do harm.
Also as i said earlier STOP lumping weed with crack and ice, its a plant tht grows in nature its pretty much the most natural drug out there its not produced or refined in labs or it simply cut off bit of plant and smoke it!
The medicinal benefits of marijuana are only just being explored already a company in the UK has developed sprays that ease pain alot but with no affects commonly associated with weed.
Also if you choose to ingest cannabis in cakes or cookies or whatever then well your doing yourself no harm at all no dmage to your lungs etc, their is as with any psychoactive drug the risk of mental problems but I'm a strong believer in that the mind is easily powerful enough to overcome any problems it just depends on how strong the individual is willing to be.

Hayden2
  • Hayden2

I'd like some tachitos.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:29 PM

Marijuana is arguable I happen to know a reputable doctor who uses Marijuana, though through an apple which he says reduces a depression effect so you get enlightened from it. I have also heard bad things about it though so... dozingoff.gif

richard the pissed
  • richard the pissed

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Hayden @ Jan 9 2007, 14:11)
DRUGS AND ALCOHOL. People don't realise what they're doing to themselves. Not only the big issues people try to push aside like Crack, Marijuana, and Ice. Even coca-cola and things like that are really bad for you and the main problem is that people don't have the knowledge that they should have. It's the people who profit off this crap that really piss me off. I really hope they all get their just-desserts. confused.gif

Fortunately there are those who are willing to risk their lives to get the message across, but it's not working very well. People think, oh it's just a coke, I'll be fine. It's not just a coke, it's a long term affect, which means that it takes a long time to affect you. Especially "Diet" coke and all that crap. Asparatine is a cancerous drug. MSG, or "flavour enhancer 621" is a toxic additive used in most products such as chips. Apparently it's the secret spice in The Colonel's recipe (KFC) (or so I hear).

weed isn't any worse than alcohol. infact, it's better. deaths by alchohol per year? 75000 in the U.S alone. deaths by cannabis? anyware? ever? one. a crate full of it fell on someone 10 years ago. ease off.

According to one of the heads of ONEGroup (Organic & Natural Enterprises Group) the amount of toxins and radiation that is inflicted onto the world is the equivalent of dropping 100,000 nuclear bombs every day. The only difference, is time. So apparently in around 40 years there will be serious mutations and defections. Hopefully we can reverse this affect before it becomes too late.

Bullsh*t. I don't remember my skin slowly cooking while i crawl around in pain, through the burning wreck of my former home, because my eyes have exploded when the heat came. i don't remeber thinking i'm going to slowly boil alive before the main blastwave hits.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Hayden @ Jan 9 2007, 09:11)
Especially "Diet" coke and all that crap. Asparatine is a cancerous drug. MSG, or "flavour enhancer 621" is a toxic additive used in most products such as chips. Apparently it's the secret spice in The Colonel's recipe (KFC) (or so I hear).

Jesus f*ck, you people will believe anything a 'reputable' source throws at you.

I'm diabetic, and have been injesting aspartame (not asparatine, that's not even a word) in stupid amounts for the past 10 years since I was diagnosed. Amazingly, I'm in perfect health, aside from the diabetes part. Aspartame isn't a rampant carcenogen as most believe. It doesn't make your hair fall out. It doesn't do any of that sh*t. It may not be healthy for you (then again, neither is sugar), but it's not detrimental to your health either.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure KFC doesn't have MSG in their foods. Just an assumption though. I wouldn't really know much on that subject, I'm only a cook at KFC.

Oh yeah, and MSG, monosodiumglutemate, wouldn't be used in foods if it were a toxic f*cking additive.

Hayden2
  • Hayden2

I'd like some tachitos.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Jan 10 2007, 03:52)
Especially "Diet" coke and all that crap. Asparatine is a cancerous drug. MSG, or "flavour enhancer 621" is a toxic additive used in most products such as chips. Apparently it's the secret spice in The Colonel's recipe (KFC) (or so I hear).

Jesus f*ck, you people will believe anything a 'reputable' source throws at you.

I'm diabetic, and have been injesting aspartame (not asparatine, that's not even a word) in stupid amounts for the past 10 years since I was diagnosed. Amazingly, I'm in perfect health, aside from the diabetes part. Aspartame isn't a rampant carcenogen as most believe. It doesn't make your hair fall out. It doesn't do any of that sh*t. It may not be healthy for you (then again, neither is sugar), but it's not detrimental to your health either.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure KFC doesn't have MSG in their foods. Just an assumption though. I wouldn't really know much on that subject, I'm only a cook at KFC.

Oh yeah, and MSG, monosodiumglutemate, wouldn't be used in foods if it were a toxic f*cking additive.

Dude, you have no idea, and that's the problem. I'm not pointing this directly at you, but it's people like you that are the problem. I happen to have met some of these 'reputable' sources personally. I would not post what I just did if I had any doubt on the subject. Like I said, it takes time. You personally may not have ingested so much food, or used so much shampoo and etcetera but the world as a whole has. MSG has been quoted by these 'reputable' sources, saying "I don't think toxic is too harsh a word" (not an exact quote).

Again, note that I'm not attacking you or your believes, I'm just stating from what I've heard and I strongly believe.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

...and another thing that gets me goat, these so-called 'Green' folk who are having a go at Air travel being this big massive polluter of the air, and that anyone who flies should be hunted down and made to eat Soya for the rest of their lives. Yes Airplanes do pollute, but in the grand scale of things all the air travel in a year produces less pollution than a Coal burning power plant in the same time, oh and did I mention that Air Travel is Mass-Transportation, it's not like a car where any mug can get one, if we all had a plane just like we had a car, then yeah I could see the problem, but nur-huh we don't. And to generalize about the folk who moan about it, their usually hippy sorts who have authentic Pan-Pipes from Peru... which got here on a plane, nur-huh... plus loads of other things which make you think dur. And if they knew anything about Plane engines they would realise that outside Rocket engines, they are the most efficeint engines on the planet producing only a fration of the amount that cars carrying the same amount of people the same distance would do.

PS Hayden and All-Blacks, I've noticed within this and couple of topics... you two should get a room tounge.gif

a_fool_from_edinburgh
  • a_fool_from_edinburgh

psychonaut

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

hahah thats some good sh*t. Hippys bug the f*ck out of me having said that many people would consider me a hippy, the only problem is i like cars guns and killing animals..... so maybe i ain't a hippy, i like the term 'alternative hippy'
What also amuses me is how they say 'omg you cant eat beef etc, they chop down the amazon for the cows to graz etc etc' , when latley the big food companys have started using the amazon to grow Soya. haha Ironic no? I'm sure some bigwig in a multinational thought that it would be funny to grow soya for the hippys in their beloved amazon, good for him! I love irony!
Though I have to say that i don't approve of the destruction of the Amazon, I wanna go there but by the time i get there it'll probably be tiny and have no animals left to hunt mad.gif

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Archaon, Lord of End Times @ Jan 8 2007, 15:26)
And like OdDsOcK stated above, what is with all these guys in pink shirts!? cry.gif

People like you piss me off, pink shirts aren't girly. In fact, a lot of women like men wearing this colors. It shows that a men is both sure of himself and that he doesn't give a sh*t about what others think.

whatsthat.gif

Also, maybe you don't know, but many many teenagers suffer from depression, is not a f*cking stereorype.

I agree with Hayden on drugs and alcohol. People here are a bunch of alcoholic idiots and that's why we have a lot of traffic related deaths per year. Costa Rican's most precious national emblem is the Cerveciria de Costa Rica.... turn.gif It gets to the point where I have friends that can't live without alcohol, a party without alcohol is boring, etc.

btw, try getting really high on maryjane, then drink like an alcoholic bitch, you'll see what happen then happy.gif

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (_-playero-_ @ Jan 9 2007, 14:39)
QUOTE (Archaon @ Lord of End Times,Jan 8 2007, 15:26)
And like OdDsOcK stated above, what is with all these guys in pink shirts!? cry.gif

People like you piss me off, pink shirts aren't girly. In fact, a lot of women like men wearing this colors. It shows that a men is both sure of himself and that he doesn't give a sh*t about what others think.

whatsthat.gif

Also, maybe you don't know, but many many teenagers suffer from depression, is not a f*cking stereorype.

I agree with Hayden on drugs and alcohol. People here are a bunch of alcoholic idiots and that's why we have a lot of traffic related deaths per year. Costa Rican's most precious national emblem is the Cerveciria de Costa Rica.... turn.gif It gets to the point where I have friends that can't live without alcohol, a party without alcohol is boring, etc.

btw, try getting really high on maryjane, then drink like an alcoholic bitch, you'll see what happen then happy.gif

Hey man, I am 100% sure of my sexuality. I know I'm straight and because I know this I have no problem with gay people or acting gay around people as a joke (it's hilarious).

However, I STILL would never wear a pink shirt. It's just feminine to me and doesn't fit my style as a guy and individual. I like blue.

I'm sixteen, I know if teens are depressed, at least in my area (I live in a medium-sized middle-class town). Very much all of the teen population is very happy; we never have any suicides and all our goths and emos are just posers or weirdos.

Oh, and I hate alcohol and drugs too. I never will understand the usage of that stuff. I have sworn to myself not once in my life will I divulge in drinking, smoking, or drug activity (but of course I have taken a few sips of my father's beer or wine on occasion; never a full bottle/can!).

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Hayden @ Jan 9 2007, 08:29)
Marijuana is arguable I happen to know a reputable doctor who uses Marijuana, though through an apple which he says reduces a depression effect so you get enlightened from it. I have also heard bad things about it though so... dozingoff.gif

Excuse me, what exactly makes an apple reduce the "depressive effect" of cannabis? Furthermore, what kind of apple? Even further, what type of cannabis? I don't really want to question your credibility about aspartame or what-have-you, because I don't really care about that--the foods you've discussed were bad even before aspartame or any adulterant was added.

However, I am trying to make a subtle point that, you should offer some sort of proof for such substantial claims. There's conflicting evidence whether or not cannabis is a depressant (i.e. depressing) or a hallucinogen. So to go ahead and assume that there is a "depressive" element of cannabis, and then go right ahead and say a simple apple will eliminate it--well, I think your doctor is the only quack to be heard up Bullsh*t-creek on this one.

"I agree with Hayden on drugs and alcohol. People here are a bunch of alcoholic idiots and that's why we have a lot of traffic related deaths per year. Costa Rican's most precious national emblem is the Cerveciria de Costa Rica.... turn.gif It gets to the point where I have friends that can't live without alcohol, a party without alcohol is boring, etc"

Well, although to many it may seem like it'd be better to just completely get rid of alcohol, but that's not really a simple solution. The United States tried that at one point, and it didn't work too well. I don't think you can really blame the judgmental-lapse of these people on the alcohol itself--if they are stupid enough to get hammered, and get behind the wheel, then that was their problem to begin with. That's not to say that alcohol isn't a catalyst to that situation, but why punish the masses for the action of a few? There are plenty of people who enjoy alcohol responsibly, and then there's the darker side who don't--however, you can say that about most anything.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Jan 9 2007, 14:59)
Well, although to many it may seem like it'd be better to just completely get rid of alcohol, but that's not really a simple solution. The United States tried that at one point, and it didn't work too well.

I think the Soviet Union tried once as well in the 1800s.

For three years people resorted to vodka, gasoline, and lighter fluid to get drunk before the ban was lifted. A fellow high-school student told me this so I'm not 100% sure if it's credible.

Wayfarer
  • Wayfarer

Goats in the Shell.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:03 PM

Right now there are two things that really annoy me...

1. My parents talking on the cellphone. Not the fact they're talking itself, but the manner of talking. Even if the there is no noise on the line and the quality of the sound is perfect, they yell. No, they're not talking loud. They're yelling. Now imagine what you would think if you were talking to one of my parents on the cellphone. Like they're standing on the goddamn battlefield or in the middle of traffic jam. confused.gif

2. Kids on the morning train listening to the sh*tty techno/trance/whatever else that goes "boom boom" all the time on the cellphone. Mostly guys from vocational schools. Like people come to the train, they want to sleep (like me) or learn for school. And suddenly 3 or 4 guys come in, and one of them pulls out a new Nokia or Sony Ericsson and starts playing. I don't know how big the memory is, but they play it all the way (about 40 minutes). I can't f*cking stand them.

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Hayden @ Jan 10 2007, 03:59)
QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Jan 10 2007, 03:52)

Dude, you have no idea, and that's the problem. I'm not pointing this directly at you, but it's people like you that are the problem. I happen to have met some of these 'reputable' sources personally. I would not post what I just did if I had any doubt on the subject. Like I said, it takes time. You personally may not have ingested so much food, or used so much shampoo and etcetera but the world as a whole has. MSG has been quoted by these 'reputable' sources, saying "I don't think toxic is too harsh a word" (not an exact quote).

Again, note that I'm not attacking you or your believes, I'm just stating from what I've heard and I strongly believe.

According to Dr. Carl, who is a more Reputable source than the internet.

QUOTE (Dr. Karl in his book Great Myth Conceptions.)
The main reason Asparatine is thought to be poisonous is because it contains phenylalanine, with is only toxic to people with phenylketonuria which afects 1 in 15,000 people, so in a way they are right, it can be poisonous for 1 person out of 15,000, the other 14,999 are fine, also there is alot of phenylalanine in our regular food, for example an Glass of Diet drink has 100mg, an Egg 300Mg, a glass of milk 500mg and a large Hamburger has 900Mg.

So according to what you and Dr. Karl said, I'm going to die of poison later because I had a omlette this morning, God I hate people like you, who think the know, but they are false, Its like those Christians that come around to get you to convert, also its people like you who will believe anything from a "reputable" source, I have hard Science here, you have some sources that are probably confused by what they heard, sure they might be reputable sources, but are the people/Internet site/whatever they got it from Reputable? Probably Not.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:41 AM

I love how 'Dr.Karl' can't even spell aspartame. dontgetit.gif

Rayo Puņo
  • Rayo Puņo

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:39 AM

Why isn't there a new episode of Mythbusters on every hour? They need a channel dedicated to that.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Rayo Puņo @ Jan 9 2007, 22:39)
Why isn't there a new episode of Mythbusters on every hour? They need a channel dedicated to that.

I know, exactly that show kicks so much ass!

All-Blacks
  • All-Blacks

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Jan 10 2007, 16:48)

It kicks fat ass! God they're jack of all trades, they could do any job which involves the use of hands ie-carpenting.

Hayden2
  • Hayden2

I'd like some tachitos.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Jan 10 2007, 13:41)
I love how 'Dr.Karl' can't even spell aspartame. dontgetit.gif

Well apparently we Australians have a different name for it Mr. Canada because I've always heard it called Asparitane. Anyway that's not important. Believe what you want to believe.

Lost-Fender
  • Lost-Fender

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (All-Blacks @ Jan 10 2007, 05:38)
QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Jan 10 2007, 16:48)

It kicks fat ass! God they're jack of all trades, they could do any job which involves the use of hands ie-carpenting.

Mythbusters. cool.gif They kick fat arse hard! You're right! Why new episodes don't come out so often?! sneaky2.gif

richard the pissed
  • richard the pissed

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:02 PM

people who hijack a good topic to talk bullsh*t. yeah, I'm serious. stop f*ckingaround and get back on topic.

De_Spank
  • De_Spank

spheres.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Hayden @ Jan 10 2007, 00:11)

You are a f*cking idiot. Stop being so dramatic.

Practically the whole world drinks alcohol, drinks coke, eats take out, smokes bud and guess what.. most people make it to old age just fine buddy.

You can spend your entire life being so f*cking up tight and careful about what you eat and drink and being totally anti-alcohol or whatever but you might just end up getting hit by a f*cking bus at 16 while the guy who drinks on the weekend, smokes cigarettes and eats take out lives till his 85.

You are lame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users