Grumpy Old Forumers

11,062 replies to this topic
make total destroy
  • make total destroy

☭death to the bourgeoise, long live anarchyⒶ

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

So, why was everybody targeting this kid, exactly?

http://gtaforums.com...6652-struggles/

Because his title was open to so much interpretation. We all think we post our struggles in there, it was just him complaining about stuff.

Except I'm fairly sure that feeling generally useless evokes more emotions in a person than, I don't know, failure to plunge a toilet.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

So, why was everybody targeting this kid, exactly?
http://gtaforums.com...6652-struggles/

Because his title was open to so much interpretation. We all think we post our struggles in there, it was just him complaining about stuff.

Except I'm fairly sure that feeling generally useless evokes more emotions in a person than, I don't know, failure to plunge a toilet.

It's not a case of the content of the original post, but rather it was the title that did it. It said "Struggles" and nothing more, so it made people post things they struggle with. It's as if I made a thread called "free plane tickets" in which I just talk about plane tickets I won. See how misleading that is?

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

I'm mildly irritated for forgetting about a party that most 10th graders go to before finishing middle school. People basically put up tents on the school grounds and stay the night. From what I heard, a lot of people got drunk, which would have been fun to see.

Also, it may just be my old-ass phone, but the mobile version of this site is an unlubed pain in the ass!

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

I'm mildly irritated for forgetting about a party that most 10th graders go to before finishing middle school. People basically put up tents on the school grounds and stay the night. From what I heard, a lot of people got drunk, which would have been fun to see.

Also, it may just be my old-ass phone, but the mobile version of this site is an unlubed pain in the ass!

damn. Here, we leave middle school in grade 8

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

@SolidSnails

Where are you from?
In Norway, elementary starts obviously in 1st grade (6 years old), and ends in 7th grade (12 years old). Then it's middle school 8-10th grade, and high school 11-13th grade (High Schools are not as connected to middle and elementary schools, so they are actually called 1st-3rd grade). Then it's university for however long you want to study.

OT: I'm f*cking pissed at how awkward I get infront of this certain girl I like. I start sweating and tounge-twisting like someone with social anxiety.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

Whenever I'm talking to a girl either online or via text, the conversation always goes like this (I'm the stud in all caps)

HEY AMIGO YOU WANNA GO BOWLING WITH ME

THEY INSTALLED A KARAOKE MACHINE

AND BOWLING ALLEY FOOD IS SWELL

HELLO?

i have to fit if into my schedule

FINE BY ME

I WORK EVERYDAY BUT WEDNESDAY AND WEEKENDS

YOU THERE?

ill think about it

GROOVY COOL

Godammit I'm too clingy
  • PaletoChickenCapo likes this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:01 AM Edited by SolidSnails, 18 June 2014 - 05:06 AM.

@SolidSnails

Where are you from?
In Norway, elementary starts obviously in 1st grade (6 years old), and ends in 7th grade (12 years old). Then it's middle school 8-10th grade, and high school 11-13th grade (High Schools are not as connected to middle and elementary schools, so they are actually called 1st-3rd grade). Then it's university for however long you want to study.

OT: I'm f*cking pissed at how awkward I get infront of this certain girl I like. I start sweating and tounge-twisting like someone with social anxiety.

Canada. we go elementary 1-5th grade then middle school til 8th grade then high school til 12th then u graduate

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

Whenever I'm talking to a girl either online or via text, the conversation always goes like this (I'm the stud in all caps)

HEY AMIGO YOU WANNA GO BOWLING WITH ME

THEY INSTALLED A KARAOKE MACHINE

AND BOWLING ALLEY FOOD IS SWELL

HELLO?

i have to fit if into my schedule

FINE BY ME

I WORK EVERYDAY BUT WEDNESDAY AND WEEKENDS

YOU THERE?

ill think about it

GROOVY COOL

Godammit I'm too clingy

Hey amigo, this is your amigo - UT. You want to go bowling?

No, I don't want to go bowling.

No problem amigo, perhaps another time then.

-end phone call-

*like percentage decreases*

• Mr.Scratch, universetwisters and SolidSnails like this

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

@SolidSnails

Where are you from?

Canada. we go elementary 1-5th grade then middle school til 8th grade then high school til 12th then u graduate

Or if you don't go to Middle School ( Like me ), in Elementary School it's grade 1-7 and in High School it's grade 8-12

Also at UT, at least the girl you msg all of a sudden doesn't send this

okay. its funny how u know i like you and all but you still seem to talk about other girls i get it. im not your type and personally your to old for me anyways but the thing that really hurts me is you know how i feel but you honestly didn't have to show or tell me about that i don't talk to you because i like you i talk to you because i love your jokes and your advice and how your so down to earth i find it kinda unfair that i always have to hear about girls i never mention boys but my brothers you know how i feel but you still go ahead I'm not even lying I've stayed up freaking out,crying and even just trying to make sense of something but what I'm trying to say is u know that i don't like talking about girls and i would just like it if we could not talk about them and in return i wont talk about boys. srry to make this so awkward but here is something to look on the brighter side summer vacation hey!

• universetwisters likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

For me, middle school was 4th through 6th. 7th through 9th was junior high, and 10th through 12th was high school.

On topic: I hate that I'm always sleepy until I actually want to go to sleep. Then I'm wide awake.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Some guy who goes by the name of Elven87 put me on the GTAF page on encyclopedia dramatica. Not very frustrating or angry, but I'd at least like to know who he is here.

xHEOi.jpg

They forgot about my obsession with "New Kids" and happy hardcore.

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Some guy who goes by the name of Elven87 put me on the GTAF page on encyclopedia dramatica. Not very frustrating or angry, but I'd at least like to know who he is here.

xHEOi.jpg

They forgot about my obsession with "New Kids" and happy hardcore.

I've just checked that page out and it's not even funny, it's just a rant, filled with insults, what's the point of it? I mean, there are other similar sites that at least try to be humorous instead of simply disrespectful for the sake of it.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

Laughing at someone getting hit in the head is also disrespectful. Doesn't make it any less funny though
  • Xyn likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

I've just checked that page out and it's not even funny, it's just a rant, filled with insults, what's the point of it? I mean, there are other similar sites that at least try to be humorous instead of simply disrespectful for the sake of it.

Encyclopedia Dramatica is meant to be offensive but funny/satirical, but is mostly there for people to be offensive under the pretense of humour. Think of it similar to 'trolling, in a bad way.

Anyway,  a few people in my small tech class were talking about how they weren't homophobic, but hated (yes, hated) 'the idea of gayness' or something to that effect. It annoys me so damn much.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

But it's not even funny or satirical. It's simply offensive, pure garbage. It's like a 11 year old kid ranting on the mic after losing in a CoD match.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:11 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 18 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

But it's not even funny or satirical. It's simply offensive, pure garbage. It's like a 11 year old kid ranting on the mic after losing in a CoD match.

It's not really meant to actually offend the person reading it, they're just poking fun at trends on the internet by becoming an exaggerated joke about being the internet, if that makes sense. There's a little bit of truth and a lot of joking. If you were offended it means it was good satire on their part, or confusing satire. Either way. ;)

Also be sure to visit the offended page to read their official apology and take on the matter.

scrotumstuff.jpg

• Yolo Swaggins likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

So my town is basically 70% Hispanic, 90% of them being either immigrants or children of immigrants. There's this white guy I grew up with who recently got REALLY into the uber-conservative way of thinking... the whole nine yards: overbloated "Christian" beliefs, wanting to basically murder Obama in his sleep, and, something that's a touchy issue for immigrants and Hispanics, a deport-them-all attitude towards immigration. So the dumbass, whose friends list is 80% Hispanic and 10% Tea Party people from other states he's never met in his life keeps posting sh*t on Facebook about how illegal immigrants eat babies and what-not. And THEN he keeps acting all depressed because no one wants to hang out with him... like, seriously, dude? That's like going over to israel and shouting "dirty jews! Anyone wanna be friends?"

• El_Diablo likes this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

dude, illegal immigrants don't eat babies.

you've got it all backwards.

it's the Lizard People who eat the babies of illegal immigrants to sustain their immortal powers.

everybody knows that.

lizardrumsfeld.png  lizardcheny.png

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, DeafMetal and SingularSoul like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

dude, illegal immigrants don't eat babies.

you've got it all backwards.

it's the Lizard People who eat the babies of illegal immigrants to sustain their immortal powers.

everybody knows that.

lizardrumsfeld.png  lizardcheny.png

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL HIM

• El_Diablo likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:05 AM Edited by Yolo Swaggins, 19 June 2014 - 07:06 AM.

I'm grumpy because GTA V has such a terrible loading system.

For one thing, it shatters the realism when you can actually see the cars and fencing load into the game as you drive. What's really sad is the de-spawning system. It's sad when you actually have to keep the cars/people you want to stay on the screen, otherwise they disappear.

I had the police on standby and got into fights with people so they would shoot the person. Sure enough, I let the police out of my sight for 5 seconds and they disappear.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

and the police didn't shoot you? Weird. I can't fart without getting a 5 star wanted level in that f*cking game.

• Yolo Swaggins likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Fatal+Route+82+Bozrah+Crash1200.jpg

Tree won this time, with minor injuries...

25815257_BG4.jpg

Looks like the safety 'cage' of the passenger cabin doesn't work very well, when the speeding vehicle hits a tree. Four more students that won't be at the graduation ceremony.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Physics is a bitch. There's only so far you can go in terms of building safety measures into road cars. Once the speed gets above 70 or so even the toughest monocoques end up looking like they've been fed through a mincer. Even FIA approved rollcages in road car shells as often seen in GT type racing cars start letting go at circa 120 if what you hit is hard enough. And that's is the decelerative force doesn't result in instant death from a basilar skull fracture.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

Physics is a bitch. There's only so far you can go in terms of building safety measures into road cars. Once the speed gets above 70 or so even the toughest monocoques end up looking like they've been fed through a mincer. Even FIA approved rollcages in road car shells as often seen in GT type racing cars start letting go at circa 120 if what you hit is hard enough. And that's is the decelerative force doesn't result in instant death from a basilar skull fracture.

The toughest don't really look like they've been fed into a mincer tbh. Maybe in a light crash but by no means a mincer.

senna-death.jpg

While the wings and wheels are heavily damaged/not present the main monocoque is largely intact. Well, it's been damaged but there isn't all that much damage to the monocoque considering it's 20 year old design and it's been in a ~130 MPH "meeting" with a concrete barrier.  What surprises me is that the occupant (Ayrton Senna) wasn't killed instantly. 

Road legal cars on the other hand... they wouldn't do so well.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

I was playing STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, I managed to get to the part where you go into the sewers. Anyways, I crouched in a pipe and quicksaved, and when I reloaded the game it made me stuck through the pipe. I didn't have any backup saves and I don't know of any noclip cheats or positioning editors, so I guess I have to restart from the beginning.

Such is life in the Zone.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

The toughest don't really look like they've been fed into a mincer tbh. Maybe in a light crash but by no means a mincer.

I was talking about road-going monocoques (that is, pretty much every modern car seen as we don't build on ladder chassis anymore), not single-seater tubs which are incredibly strong as you quite rightly point out.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

GTA Forums in a nutshell?  

http://theconcourse....akes-1592701686

• THE GHETTO JEZUS likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by Winning001, 20 June 2014 - 07:34 PM.

quote text

[fuqdup ass race car]

While the wings and wheels are heavily damaged/not present the main monocoque is largely intact. Well, it's been damaged but there isn't all that much damage to the monocoque considering it's 20 year old design and it's been in a ~130 MPH "meeting" with a concrete barrier.  What surprises me is that the occupant (Ayrton Senna) wasn't killed instantly. 

Road legal cars on the other hand... they wouldn't do so well.

its all in the design of the race car

basically designed to keep the driver safe at high speed crashes

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'm pretty pissed that I couldn't open a Chase account today. Like I'm talking to my mom about taking me there to open an account since they don't have Suntrust banks in Colorado and Chase
needs two forms of identification to open up an account. I brought my drivers license and I asked my mom if we can go to my grandparents house to get my social security card thing, to which she's all like "No, this letter from Suntrust saying you closed your account should be good enough". So I go to the bank and the bank guy says that the letter isn't good enough and I would need my social security card, like I suggested. Now seeing as the bank is closed on Sunday and I won't be able to go to the bank until next Saturday to open an account considering my work week, I'm pretty livid.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Я не говорю

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm pretty pissed that I couldn't open a Chase account today. Like I'm talking to my mom about taking me there to open an account since they don't have Suntrust banks in Colorado and Chase
needs two forms of identification to open up an account. I brought my drivers license and I asked my mom if we can go to my grandparents house to get my social security card thing, to which she's all like "No, this letter from Suntrust saying you closed your account should be good enough". So I go to the bank and the bank guy says that the letter isn't good enough and I would need my social security card, like I suggested. Now seeing as the bank is closed on Sunday and I won't be able to go to the bank until next Saturday to open an account considering my work week, I'm pretty livid.

https://www.chase.com/checking

Open it online.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users