Grumpy Old Forumers

19,038 replies to this topic
ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

f*cking PSN. Its impossible to login and play GTA:0 without being kicked from the session just because "I was signed out from PSN".

I just got disconnected again. PSN is now worse than Rockstar by billion times.

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Alcohol just f*cking destroys people. How is this sh*t legal if Weed is illegal? Anyone with a brain can tell you that booze is orders of magnitude worse. f*ck the powers that be.

And it's also the substance responsible for making my dad pause a movie every 3 minutes in order to add 15-20 minutes of commentary on the events that had happened in the last 3 minutes. That alone makes it the Devil's drink.

You may start to like it after drinking, especially in family times. It's awesome.

• Mr. Scratch likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

I wonder why the neighbors' f*cking child cries 24/7...

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

I hate when people don't use a picture of themselves as their profile pic on Facebook. No, you're not a baby. No, you're not a car/truck. No, you're not an anime character.

I mean just point the camera at yourself and take a picture, and then upload it. It's really not that hard.

• universetwisters likes this

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

It's raining a LOT since friday, the whole state is flooded. Lots of dead people and thousands are homeless. Thank God this sh*t didn't affect me and my family.

foto_chuva_ok.jpg

And they're bringing the world cup here. Are you f*cking kidding me.

• ten-a-penny likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

No, you're not a car/truck.

You don't know that.

6ENiO.jpg

• Plank. and ten-a-penny like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:17 AM

Why do people like to stereotype "spoiled" people? Like if you're a kid who comes from a family that is doing fairly well and you have some highly valued possessions, people automatically classify you as spoiled and on top of that, assume that you don't care about anybody and that you need a reality check. It's like people are so quick to judge.

I know that everyone and everything has a stereotype but this spoiled brat stereotype is among one of the most common and it is getting old.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

Didn't you complain about the same thing a little while ago? It stems down to one reason: Jealousy.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:13 AM

I hate when people don't use a picture of themselves as their profile pic on Facebook. No, you're not a baby. No, you're not a car/truck. No, you're not an anime character.

I mean just point the camera at yourself and take a picture, and then upload it. It's really not that hard.

How do you know they're not baby or a car/truck? Think for someone else for a change, you think for yourselfer!!!

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

I don't use a picture of myself for my Facebook profile.

why would I?

the people who I want to communicate with on Facebook already know who I am and what I look like. otherwise I'm just advertising to strangers.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

I don't use a picture of myself for my Facebook profile.

why would I?
the people who I want to communicate with on Facebook already know who I am and what I look like. otherwise I'm just advertising to strangers.
exactly!!!

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

Didn't you complain about the same thing a little while ago? It stems down to one reason: Jealousy.

I guess you could say it was a similar argument: one about how people hate on the wealthy. But this spoiled brat judgement it much much more prevalent.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

Where's yours on this forum? You don't even have an Avatar... :^:
  • ten-a-penny likes this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

fkyou

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:48 AM Edited by EphemeralStar, 09 June 2014 - 04:49 AM.

I find it weird when people use their actual face as an avatar on forums boards, but to each their own. 

• Daz and Plank. like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:52 AM

Where's yours on this forum? You don't even have an Avatar... :^:

I'm talking about social media sites, such as Facebook, where more people know each other personally. Most people here prefer to remain anonymous, though I have uploaded a few pics to the Member Photos Topic.

As stated earlier by El_Diablo, most of your Facebook friends probably know what you look like. With that being said, it still wouldn't hurt to upload a personal picture. Of course that decision is up to the individual. Maybe I'm not so much annoyed by people not using their own picture, and instead more annoyed by people who repeatedly post pictures of their car, or their baby.

It's good to take pride in something you love, but man, we don't need an update every five seconds about how your baby crapped his diaper, or another picture of your beat up '93 Civic.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:51 AM Edited by Daz, 09 June 2014 - 10:54 AM.

They've not banned plastic bags and don't intend on.
They're just introducing a 5p charge for people who are lazy or forgetful and don't bring their own.

Quite standard in many places and good practice. 10 cents for a bag here and it actually helps people remember to bring their own bag. When I forget mine I actually go back home to get it so I don't have to deal with the condescending looks from the clerk when I say i'll need to buy a bag. More places should do this.

Too bad when I order online they deliver the things in plastic bags anyway. And the c*nt asks me if I have any bags to recycle before I have even got the stuff out of the crates.

It would be a whole lot easier if you could just pay a one off fee for insurance on the crates, then any time they turn up to deliver they can just let you keep the crates, and give them back on the next order you recieve or go online and ask for them to be collected on the way back from one of their deliveries, that would save the use of bags. And that way it won't make you feel like a god damn filthy piece of sh*t as they watch you unload all your unhealthy crap as they just stand there in the doorway holding their sh*tty electronic signature device.

I believe there was a startup company that was trying to do a similar thing, only with refrigerated containers and to just leave them outside for you to take in when you get home but I don't think it came to anything in the end.

Am I supposed to walk around town with a wicker bag just encase I want to buy some food? f*ck off. I ain't doing it.

Bag for life? Yeah because nobody f*cking uses them.

The whole thing is a f*cking farce.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

I find it weird when people use their actual face as an avatar on forums boards, but to each their own. 

It is pretty weird, isn't it... :/
  • Crokey, Danz. and Frank Brown like this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 09 June 2014 - 02:24 PM.

They've not banned plastic bags and don't intend on.
They're just introducing a 5p charge for people who are lazy or forgetful and don't bring their own.

Quite standard in many places and good practice. 10 cents for a bag here and it actually helps people remember to bring their own bag. When I forget mine I actually go back home to get it so I don't have to deal with the condescending looks from the clerk when I say i'll need to buy a bag. More places should do this.

Too bad when I order online they deliver the things in plastic bags anyway. And the c*nt asks me if I have any bags to recycle before I have even got the stuff out of the crates.

It would be a whole lot easier if you could just pay a one off fee for insurance on the crates, then any time they turn up to deliver they can just let you keep the crates, and give them back on the next order you recieve or go online and ask for them to be collected on the way back from one of their deliveries, that would save the use of bags. And that way it won't make you feel like a god damn filthy piece of sh*t as they watch you unload all your unhealthy crap as they just stand there in the doorway holding their sh*tty electronic signature device.

I believe there was a startup company that was trying to do a similar thing, only with refrigerated containers and to just leave them outside for you to take in when you get home but I don't think it came to anything in the end.

Am I supposed to walk around town with a wicker bag just encase I want to buy some food? f*ck off. I ain't doing it.

Bag for life? Yeah because nobody f*cking uses them.

The whole thing is a f*cking farce.

Yeah man, what the government don't understand is that the plastics causing the problems are: bottles, packaging and Samsung. Not to mention those bags for life are worse for the environment.

Spoiler

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

I'm all for the environment but the British government banning plastic bags is just rubbish. Ok, make them all biodegradable but don't sodding ban them. What if I just want to buy a magazine and some apples? Do I need to carry a bag around with me??

And just how are the British Government going to do that? Firstly as it has been said there is no ban on them so whatever, but in case you weren't aware, the British Government aren't a plastic bag making company. The only thing they have the power to do is create a tax on plastic bags and slap it onto businesses, who then charge you for it. Maybe if people hadn't sat back and allowed corporate power to become rampant and smashed the ability for any sort of state intervention then this wouldn't be an issue, but it is. Besides which, these companies don't have to charge people for plastic bags anyway.

More importantly, who the f*ck needs a plastic bag for a newspaper and an apple?

• sivispacem likes this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

When are we gonna get TV shows back on their respective channels? It seems like all of the channels are trying to copy one another. Do we really need another show about buying storage lockers, or another show where you watch web clips while some guy makes unfunny comments?

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:04 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 10 June 2014 - 09:06 AM.

I was reading the website for the American Nazi party and I actually felt like I could sympathize with them about a few things. :( I guess that's the point of the website, to lure people in carefully with nice sounding strings of words. Still creeped me out though. :(

Also I've been lonely this week. To fix this I've been butting into peoples' comment threads on youtube, trying to start conversations with them, but nobody wants to talk there. Whenever I get a notification it's because someone +1'd a post of mine, or commented in the thread, but at the OP. :(

There's too much dust in my room. I really hope I can get rid of all of it before everything turns into dust again. :(

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

I've been feeling the urge to go mountaineering for a while now however the lesion in my knee still hurts when I push hard with the legs. I can't no longer stand my routine, I want to leave it all.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

Just when I thought the V section was becoming browse-able, Rockstar drops the next-gen GTA V build. Now it's going to be full of whiny babies and reaction images again.

• a20characterusername likes this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 11 June 2014 - 01:03 AM.

Just when I thought the V section was becoming browse-able, Rockstar drops the next-gen GTA V build. Now it's going to be full of whiny babies and reaction images again.

Not for nothing, but the amount of complaints *about* the V/GTAO sections aren't any more appealing. Bunch of whining whiners who whine about whining. And now I'm whining about it.

online is a pretty sh*tty subforum though

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:44 AM Edited by universetwisters, 11 June 2014 - 01:44 AM.

This sunburn is getting on my f*ckING NERVES. f*cking arms, f*cking fingers. f*ck YOU SUNBURN YOU TASTELESS PIECE OF sh*t I HOPE YOU MAKE OUT WITH A GARBAGE COMPACTOR.
  • Frank Brown likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

We have this here at a good number of stores. No one gives a sh*t. Most people just pay the 5-10 cents per bag. Most people just view it as the store making money off of something really cheap.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

I f*cking hate staircases. I was holding my cat and decided to bring her downstairs with me, and I nearly lost my footing on the top step. That would have been so terrible if we had fallen. F*ck you stairs.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

I f*cking hate staircases. I was holding my cat and decided to bring her downstairs with me, and I nearly lost my footing on the top step. That would have been so terrible if we had fallen. F*ck you stairs.

You can't handle the pussy.

• Killerdude and SingularSoul like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

We have this here at a good number of stores. No one gives a sh*t. Most people just pay the 5-10 cents per bag. Most people just view it as the store making money off of something really cheap.

To be fair it pretty much is, I don't think it's the best way of tackling the use of plastic bags, but unless supermarkets are given the incentive or have extreme public pressure and/or government legislation I don't see the situation changing any time soon. Of course if there was a situation where there was huge public pressure then the public would probably be carrying around reusable bags anyway, but you get my point.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

You can't handle the pussy.

I suppose I stumbled right into that one.

• SolidSnails and Frank Brown like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users