Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

12,142 replies to this topic
trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:34 AM Edited by trip, 31 January 2014 - 02:35 AM.

Quick rant.

There is a company that has been advertising on TV about how they will counter negative reviews about your company that have been posted on the internet with positive(they may even say glowing) ones.  It isn't like a low production ad either.  So if your company sucks and people on the internet decide to give you an accurate review of how much you suck...you can hire a company to make them all go away and have nothing but unsubstantiated good reviews posted about your business.

I think they just successfully advertised that you can't even trust internet reviews with a grain of salt anymore.  Stupid asses.

Hot damn.

Is there a link to the commercial or their company?

http://www.brand.com/

I really didn't want to point out the specific company but what the hell...

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

Quick rant.

There is a company that has been advertising on TV about how they will counter negative reviews about your company that have been posted on the internet with positive(they may even say glowing) ones.  It isn't like a low production ad either.  So if your company sucks and people on the internet decide to give you an accurate review of how much you suck...you can hire a company to make them all go away and have nothing but unsubstantiated good reviews posted about your business.

I think they just successfully advertised that you can't even trust internet reviews with a grain of salt anymore.  Stupid asses.

Hot damn.

Is there a link to the commercial or their company?

http://www.brand.com/

I really didn't want to point out the specific company but what the hell...

sh*t.

That's like Scammers R Us

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:55 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 31 January 2014 - 02:56 AM.

TLoU fanboys are starting to piss me off. I love the game, it was my 2nd choice for GOTY after V, but f*ck, some people take it way too f*ckin' seriously. Every Awards Show I've checked out on the internet is full of fanboys complaining that TLoU didn't win basically every award. People who are discussing sh*t like adults get swarmed by fanboys. I was talking about BI and TLoU to some dude over at GI back when the VGX was airing, and a fanboy comes in and basically insults everyone who found anything wrong or not great about it. He even PMed me. Jesus. Imagine a bunch of redx clones all over the internet, basically.

I mean, yeah, Bioshock Infintie and GTA V have fanboys, but they're insignificant compared to the amount of fanboys TLoU has. Every thirteen year old thinks he's Sherlock after playing it. They're making me dislike the game just because they like it lol

(Late reply)

Saw a top comment on a youtube video saying "TLoU is for real gamers, GTA V is for wannabe internet thugs"

Even if it was the other way around, I still would of been pissed over how euphoric that comment was.  

• Sting4S likes this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

I'm literally so freaking grumpy right now. My stupid friend's text messages woke me up and I've only had 4-5 hrs of sleep and she knows I don't wake up as early as she so wtf. She keeps freaking asking me what I'm doing because she's so bored and wants to hang out and it's 10 am in the bloody morning!!! I already f*cking told her that I'm busy today and I have to babysit a few days ago too!!! UGHHHH it's so annoying!!! She thinks because I told her I'm babysitting around the evening that I can possible wake up f*cking early to hang out with her beforehand when I FINALLY get to sleep in on a saturday because it's reading break and there's no class. YEAH NO! I am not....repeat...not a morning person. 

• theadmiral likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:08 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 01 February 2014 - 07:11 PM.

I'm literally so freaking grumpy right now. My stupid friend's text messages woke me up and I've only had 4-5 hrs of sleep and she knows I don't wake up as early as she so wtf. She keeps freaking asking me what I'm doing because she's so bored and wants to hang out and it's 10 am in the bloody morning!!! I already f*cking told her that I'm busy today and I have to babysit a few days ago too!!! UGHHHH it's so annoying!!! She thinks because I told her I'm babysitting around the evening that I can possible wake up f*cking early to hang out with her beforehand when I FINALLY get to sleep in on a saturday because it's reading break and there's no class. YEAH NO! I am not....repeat...not a morning person. 

turn off your phone.

/thread

Plus. I have a small rant.....

dunno if its actually a tactic but......

FOR GOD'S SAKE RUN TOWARDS THE GODDAMN BALL! today and right now there's a Football Match between Libya and Ghana. stupid Libyans, instead of bursting towards the damn ball, they walk. simply, the ball is far, opponent is RUNNING. us? just have a nice walk.

:sui:

(but at least we was SO CLOSE to make a goal :cool: TWICE in a row :karmaeater: )

• Detective Phelps likes this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

No, I need it for the alarm which I set to wake me up at 12pm, otherwise I'd sleep in until 2pm.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Put your phone on silent. Your alarm should still work.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

That's what I should have done, but I honestly didn't think anyone would text me in the morning, let alone be awoken by the text considering it's freakin' zelda's lullaby for my text tone.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

That's what I should have done, but I honestly didn't think anyone would text me in the morning, let alone be awoken by the text considering it's freakin' zelda's lullaby for my text tone.

If that doesn't work, just kick her ass.

• EphemeralStar likes this

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

I've been seeing this girl for about a year now, I absolutely adored her and just recently she told me she didn't have feelings for me anymore. I've tried to rekindle her old feelings by going out with her again and I helping her with her theory test revision, and we both bought each other christmas presents but she hasn't changed her mind. Obviously deep down I know she won't feel differently but I can't help feeling she just might if I persevere. Really can't focus on anything else right now....

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

I'm tired of Zaidan. just tired.

dunno if I already said this or not....but just let me f*cking rant just for the sake of it.

at first I though he was gonna do better than the one before him. but he's twice as worse from gaddafi himself.

reporter: *Tripoli had shootings, FIVE civilian people had killed and God-only-knows how many of the security-working people died*

him: "there's nothing happening now. pat.gif"

and he's ALWAYS half asleep :angry: sometimes I just want to kick his sorry ass.

*Libyans want him to get his sorry ass from the government* zaidan: wthplz.png why? ain't I did good things? I swear I'll do much better. pat.gif

picard-facepalm-o.gif

please do for us a favor and BURY YOURSELF WITH GADDAFI!

• Detective Phelps likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by AceKingston, 04 February 2014 - 02:25 PM.

The school system changed 2 years ago. The problem is that  it is, literally sh*t. I'm learning nothing in the school basically. Even the teachers feel that we aren't learning enough but since it is a Government order they cannot over-rule it.

Problem is once we enter colleges, we are learning big things and stuff. However the stuff we are learning now is just too little for my college years. Like for instance we are learning Road-safety rules in 8th grade which is really pathetic. Even my brother who studied under the old system is having problems so it's going to be very hard for me and I am really worried.

I have to rely on the internet for General Knowledge obviously. I'm mostly interested in World War 1 and World War 2, the countries of the world and some other topics but I doubt that'd be enough.

/Rant.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

I've been seeing this girl for about a year now, I absolutely adored her and just recently she told me she didn't have feelings for me anymore. I've tried to rekindle her old feelings by going out with her again and I helping her with her theory test revision, and we both bought each other christmas presents but she hasn't changed her mind. Obviously deep down I know she won't feel differently but I can't help feeling she just might if I persevere. Really can't focus on anything else right now....

Look on the bright side, you've saved yourself the hassle of spending money on Valentines Day. :)

Any ways, if she ain't interested in you, best thing you can do is move on, don't become that over attached guy that won't let go by persevering, just don't go there. Find another fish in the ocean, and you might find yourself a better catch all together, it's fun as hell being single, but I guess the grass does always look greener on the otherside...... 

To be on topic and little more grumpy......

How in the f*ck does my girlfriend use so much toilet roll, it's as if she has daily diarhea, and now I'm stuck without any, for f*cks sake. 

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by Audiophile, 05 February 2014 - 02:56 AM.

8 p.m. and I'm still waiting for goddamn UPS to come with an important package that I need before tomorrow. Was supposed to come yesterday but it didn't, so it was supposed to come today. It's "out for delivery" since 6 a.m.

8 p.m. and it still isn't here. I really don't think it's coming today and I wasted the whole goddamn day waiting because I live in a condo and not a house, someone has to be home to accept it. 

UPS, man. Goddamn. Even Canada Post and Purolator are better than this sh*t. 

EDIT:

02/04/2014 21:03 Customer was not available on 1st attempt. Delivery will be made to a nearby retail location for customer to pickup.

f*cking lol'd GG, UPS.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by geobst, 05 February 2014 - 04:42 PM.

Since getting a night shift job I've been getting four or five hours sleep every day at maximum. I understand that it's because I need time to adjust to the new sleeping pattern, although it's stressing me out. I'm constantly tired and I'm being, well, a c*nt to everybody, even people that I don't want to act like that with. I've got a feeling that I'm going to end up losing a few friends unless I can start sleeping properly this week because there's only so much people can take. I just don't think straight when I'm this tired.

Sleeping pills aren't an option. I feel as if I've just got to wait until my body's used to the new sleeping pattern. That within itself is f*cking annoying alone.

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Try to adjust, how many hours you need per day? I usually sleep about 4 and I'm good to go.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Try to adjust, how many hours you need per day? I usually sleep about 4 and I'm good to go.

I think the problem lies with me being used to sleeping for 9+ hours from when I was unemployed. To go from sleeping for that many hours to just four or five would stress and tire anybody out, I'd guess.

Like I said, hopefully I (my body) gets used to the change soon. I even dislike myself when I'm tired.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, lack of sleep can have serious consequences on a person. I have a friend with an anxiety disorder and if she doesn't get enough sleep, especially night after night, it really sets her over-thinking off and just fuels the problem. But I digress, sorry.

How long have you been trying to get used to this? If it's been a few weeks, your body should have adjusted somewhat by now. I know that my problem is no matter how much sleep I'd gotten the night before, I am generally always tired in the morning. On the other hand, no matter how little sleep I'd gotten, I am always awake at night, it's always hard to fall asleep.

Try going to sleep at the same time and waking up at the time you would to go to work, even on weekends, until your body just finds it routine?

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

It's only been for just over a week now, Audiophile. That's why I'm not worrying about whether or not I'm suffering with anything. If it carries on for a month or longer then I'll probably consult my doctor just to make sure. It's not just in the morning, I constantly feel tired throughout the day. I haven't felt like this since I was in high school full-time and just after moving out of my mum's house.

That's what I was thinking. I'll have to sleep at the same times. Even if I'm going out at the weekends I'd be up for 7/8pm so I guess it would interfere with my social life, either.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by Audiophile, 05 February 2014 - 05:50 PM.

EDIT: Wtf I posted the same sh*t twice. Haha my original reply was saved even tho the one above is the final one I went with...yeah...

-- snipped copy pasta BS from original post --

Not to sure what to suggest but have you tried a little exercise before bed? A hot shower? I agree you shouldn't take sleeping pills, it's too easy to start to get dependent on them. That might get you to go to bed a little earlier and get more sleep?

Or when you wake up, incorporating something into your routine to give you an extra push despite the 4-5 hours.

It's only been a week so give it some more time, it can take a while to get your body used to the switch in schedule.

/rant of my own

So decided I'll just go pick up my package at a UPS Store instead of getting them to redeliver because I'm sick of dealing with this and I just want the package. It's expensive and important.

Get a call this morning from a rude lady at UPS Dispatch, asking me "9 p.m.? Why did they deliver so late, are you a business?" in that very, very nice tone. "It's not a missed delivery if an attempt was made", almost laughing. Yeah, it's a missed delivery if I don't have the goddamn package and the driver didn't even attempt to deliver. It's certainly not an "attempted delivery" I didn't say that to her because I just wanted to know one goddamn thing and not debate. Anyway, informs me that the driver tried to drop off my package at the UPS Store at 9:50 a.m. for pick up but that the location was closed. It's supposed to open at 9 a.m.

Great. Even this can't go smoothly. She tells me that the driver will attempt to drop it off there again today. Great, thank you. She hangs up rudely. Note that I was calm and pleasant throughout the entire exchange, I understand they have sh*t to deal with and my package isn't the only one they have to go through.

Despite that, the tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow and an exception was made because the location was closed when the driver tried to drop it off in the morning. Wat? So I call the UPS Store location to ask about this because it's quite far and I don't want to make the trip just to find my package isn't there. Especially since I don't have a car at the moment. Guy is rude and mumbles something the first time I ask in a thick Indian accent, I ask him again since I didn't hear, he yells into the phone "it will be dropped off later" I tell him "ok, thank you" and he goes "yeah" and hangs up before answering my question, later today? Later tomorrow? Like come on, man. I just want to pick up my package and I need to know since I'm being told different things and don't want to make a trip for no reason.

If I was being rude to them, I understand. But I wasn't. I'm not one of those people who pesters and I hate having to load sh*t like this off on other people but I can't get a straight answer out of anyone and I'm not going to take a few buses down there tonight just to find out "sorry, it's not here".

So I guess we'll see. Somehow, I don't think it's going to make it to their location today.

First world problems, I guess.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

My bus that takes me from school back to my house was f*cking early today. This may sound good, but since it was early, I didn't get a chance to talk to a buddy of mine who rides the bus with me and I couldn't sit by her because the bus driver keeps a seating chart.

Ice pop, ice cock, pop cock, f*ck!

Ray
  • Ray

Tis The Season

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

My bus that takes me from school back to my house was f*cking early today. This may sound good, but since it was early, I didn't get a chance to talk to a buddy of mine who rides the bus with me and I couldn't sit by her because the bus driver keeps a seating chart.

Damn, assigned seats on the bus? That blows, man. I remember back in middle school we had assigned seats, mainly because the most loud and obnoxious kids in the world rode my bus. It wasn't fun.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

I have come to the conclusion after reading a number of your posts that I really dont understand you 90% of the time.

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Damn, assigned seats on the bus? That blows, man. I remember back in middle school we had assigned seats, mainly because the most loud and obnoxious kids in the world rode my bus. It wasn't fun.

My bus is f*cking weird like that. The special ed kids sit in the very front of the bus because, evidently, front-door service requires front-seat privileges. Guys sit in the middle, and the girls sit in the back. f*cking blows.

Ray
  • Ray

Tis The Season

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by Ray Margarita, 05 February 2014 - 10:11 PM.

My bus is f*cking weird like that. The special ed kids sit in the very front of the bus because, evidently, front-door service requires front-seat privileges. Guys sit in the middle, and the girls sit in the back. f*cking blows.
Wait, wait, wait, special ed kids ride your bus? Is there not enough handicap buses or something?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Wait, wait, wait, special ed kids ride your bus? Is there not enough handicap buses or something?

I guess it isn't efficient to send a handicap bus just for some kids with down syndrome a few blocks from where I live. 

Ray
  • Ray

Tis The Season

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

I guess it isn't efficient to send a handicap bus just for some kids with down syndrome a few blocks from where I live.

You've got a point. Is there any specific reason why the bus driver has a seating chart?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

You've got a point. Is there any specific reason why the bus driver has a seating chart?

I wish I could tell you. My old bus didn't have a seating chart,

Ray
  • Ray

Tis The Season

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

I wish I could tell you. My old bus didn't have a seating chart,

Do you have assigned seats in your classes?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Who would have guessed it, the package was never dropped off and the UPS Store is closed right now even though it's supposed to run 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.

We'll try this again tomorrow but I have no hope. They can't even manage a customer pick-up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users