11,739 replies to this topic
lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Many teachers are 'Monkeys'. They know only what they were told, and can only repeat it by rote. Attempts to digress from the mantra is impossible.

They are limited to Monkey see, Monkey do.

Have you ever read a manual, and then try to get an 'instructor' to not repeat it word for word?

• ten-a-penny likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

I am drunk as f*ck still, I just got home, I have to get up for work in less than two hours, Wahhhhh!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

What is the deal with the "Mark forum as read"... ?

I read what looks interesting, I click the "MFAR". The blue dots disappear.

I come back an hour later and the blue dots are back. Stuff I've read hours (days and sometimes a week) ago are marked as unread?

I MFAR again, close down and comeback a day later and again the forum tells me (the blue dots are back) to go to the first unread post.

Even when I post in a topic I see the blue dot 'go to the first unread post'?

Another odd thing. I get a notice that 'my post was quoted' and I click to see which one. Nothing there?

I wonder what was that all about? Twice? Well, I guess censorship is a powerful tool, but I wonder what it was all about... :(

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

If you were quoted by someone who got flagged as a spammer for instance then the posts would have been deleted.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

What is the deal with the "Mark forum as read"... ?

I read what looks interesting, I click the "MFAR". The blue dots disappear.

I come back an hour later and the blue dots are back. Stuff I've read hours (days and sometimes a week) ago are marked as unread?

I MFAR again, close down and comeback a day later and again the forum tells me (the blue dots are back) to go to the first unread post.

Even when I post in a topic I see the blue dot 'go to the first unread post'?

Another odd thing. I get a notice that 'my post was quoted' and I click to see which one. Nothing there?

I wonder what was that all about? Twice? Well, I guess censorship is a powerful tool, but I wonder what it was all about... :(

There has been some censorship going on lately, I've noticed. I quoted a couple of posts and replied to them, and when I checked back, the original post, and my quoted post + reply were deleted. Not sure what the deal is but im sure they have their reasons.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

There has been some censorship going on lately, I've noticed. I quoted a couple of posts and replied to them, and when I checked back, the original post, and my quoted post + reply were deleted. Not sure what the deal is but im sure they have their reasons.

That is not due censorship though, but more due the fact that a given topic has been binned, because it was either against the rules or it has been posted before.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

The weather in Ohio is way too bipolar. For the first half of the week, there was 2 feet of snow and it was below 20 degrees. Now, it's in the lower 50s and all of the snow is gone. So much for a white Christmas, though at this rate of change, it'll all be back probably by Wednesday.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

I am drunk as f*ck still, I just got home, I have to get up for work in less than two hours, Wahhhhh!

You are drunk but atleast you ain't getting drunker.  :lol:

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

let's get blown

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

You are drunk but atleast you ain't getting drunker.  :lol:

Hey man, he had to go before they took advantage. 

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

My friends suck. They all did the money glitch in GTA Online, and they've pretty much ruined the entire game for themselves. I'm going to be the only one of my friends playing this in a month. f*ck them.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

People are still playing GTA Online?

Awkward.
  • Awkward.

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by Awkward., 22 December 2013 - 11:20 PM.

I don't know, let me check. * Wipes the dust off GTA V Disc and plays it* Oh, yes, there are some people who play it, but they're just modders and glitchers.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

I only have myself to blame for my current gripe.

My phone and network were f*cked up. While fixing it I ended up f*cking up the upper floors of my house. Current I only have one working land line phone and I only have internet on the first floor.

I'm going to be rewiring my house during xmas day. Yay...

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

My friends suck. They all did the money glitch in GTA Online, and they've pretty much ruined the entire game for themselves. I'm going to be the only one of my friends playing this in a month. f*ck them.

I hate glitchers and I hate hackers/modders. A guy gave me 56 mill two days ago, and now I have to create another character so I don't get banned for using the money. I don't want to be banned because a moron thought it would be nice to give me hacked money, and it just ruins the whole f*cking game.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Well, if they're the kind of people who can only hang onto a game for as long as the unlocks allow, I don't think playing with them would be a barrel of laughs in the first place. If you want people to play with, you can just look around online or even in game for people. 

...I need to do that, I barely play with anyone.

Thinking about it, is there a counter which shows how many people are playing online? I know for things like CoD it shows that, but I'd like to know this.

Anyhoo, the storm in south England is really annoying. Apart from likely mucking up christmas, it keeps making my window vibrate from gusts. 

Stop it, wind. You're being annoying. 

And I'm meant to travel to Wales a few days after Christmas :c

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

I can't f*cking sleep with the f*cking noise the god damn wind is doing and tomorrow I have to wake up f*cking early and stay out late... f*ck.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

So it's Christmas Eve tomorrow and I've got to go to a family meal in the afternoon. I've got to get up at nine as a friend wants to come over and then wait for a SKY employee to come and fit in the aerial and SKY box which can be anytime between twelve and three, so I'd have to stay in between those hours.

So not only have I got to wait in for the SKY dude to come but then I've got to get three buses to make a two and a half hour journey (excluding walking and waiting times) to go for a meal that'll last one or two hours at the most to go all the way back to my flat and then to a party afterwards. I wouldn't mind but the excuse I get for not getting a lift is "it's easier" when it's not f*cking easier for me.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

I should really go to bed. But I just don't.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

I can't f*cking sleep with the f*cking noise the god damn wind is doing and tomorrow I have to wake up f*cking early and stay out late... f*ck.

Turn on the vacuum cleaner.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

There is no need for profanity, fallout boy.

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

I just tried it for the first time a few days ago.  I didn't have ethernet access out at college, so I couldn't hook up the Internet to my PS3.  All I can say is, GTA Online is way more confusing than it needs to be. It's annoying.

My grumpy old forumer contribution: I love working in healthcare, but I hate it because I have to work holidays like Christmas.

• Sting4S likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

I hate Rockstar for focusing on GTA:O so much. Hell even then there are still hackers in the game I hear and the Social Club Weekend flopped because of that as well. I'm getting quite frustrated waiting for the PC version.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:06 AM Edited by Werebot85, 24 December 2013 - 05:09 AM.

I'm getting quite frustrated waiting for the PC version.

Only little more than 2 months left.... If we believe the latest rumors. Not that long. Also, I read somewhere the official announcement is coming.. TODAY! (24th) I don't think it's gonna happen today, but who knows

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

I was going to go celebrate Christmas Eve with my family tonight, grandma, my Uncles, and a few others, it is our tradition brought from Finland to do it on the Eve.

However, I have had the biggest **** of a day, slept all of 3 hours last night and I am in a foul, foul mood, to top it off, just 15 minutes ago my mother broke my phone when she came to get me for the dinner she knocked it right off the f*cking bench and cracked the side of my new Galaxy S4 on contract for the next 22 months, the crack forced the volume up down button out and now I cannot adjust volume, it's stuck on volume down, I wigged my sh*t at my mother, and now I have decided I better not go because i'm far too angry and probably can't handle my Uncles, I think I will just climb to the top of the hill behind where I live and sit, and read in solace, the thought of doing this makes me happy, and it's a nice way to spend Christmas I think.

So perhaps I can find some comfort in the others spending their time alone, if so, why? And what are you doing?

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

I was going to go celebrate Christmas Eve with my family tonight, grandma, my Uncles, and a few others, it is our tradition brought from Finland to do it on the Eve.

However, I have had the biggest **** of a day, slept all of 3 hours last night and I am in a foul, foul mood, to top it off, just 15 minutes ago my mother broke my phone when she came to get me for the dinner she knocked it right off the f*cking bench and cracked the side of my new Galaxy S4 on contract for the next 22 months, the crack forced the volume up down button out and now I cannot adjust volume, it's stuck on volume down, I wigged my sh*t at my mother, and now I have decided I better not go because i'm far too angry and probably can't handle my Uncles, I think I will just climb to the top of the hill behind where I live and sit, and read in solace, the thought of doing this makes me happy, and it's a nice way to spend Christmas I think.

So perhaps I can find some comfort in the others spending their time alone, if so, why? And what are you doing?

Lol I hear you. To be honest me and my parents don't really do family reunions. I'm just sitting in my room playing PS3, listening to music and browsing the web as always cuz I've nothing else to do :p

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

Many teachers are 'Monkeys'. They know only what they were told, and can only repeat it by rote. Attempts to digress from the mantra is impossible.

They are limited to Monkey see, Monkey do.

Have you ever read a manual, and then try to get an 'instructor' to not repeat it word for word?

God I love you for this and feel your pain! :angry:

my little sister almost have a fight with one teacher in our school....just screw that teacher :angry:

I still remember this....she (the teacher) ALMOST hit me with a LAMB! :D

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

I hate when people tell me, "It's just a game, calm down." GO f*ck YOURSELF, I'LL FEEL HOWEVER I WANT TOO, JUST BECAUSE IT'S A GAME DOESN'T DISCREDIT MY EMOTIONS. I also hate it when people get all braggish and laugh like a cocky little bitch when they win a race on GTA.......even bicycle races. I'm all for a good laugh but when you are literally rubbing it in other peoples faces, no more laughing from me. >_> bitch.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

I hate when people tell me, "It's just a game, calm down." GO f*ck YOURSELF, I'LL FEEL HOWEVER I WANT TOO, JUST BECAUSE IT'S A GAME DOESN'T DISCREDIT MY EMOTIONS. I also hate it when people get all braggish and laugh like a cocky little bitch when they win a race on GTA.......even bicycle races. I'm all for a good laugh but when you are literally rubbing it in other peoples faces, no more laughing from me. >_> bitch.

Bro u mad.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

Bro u mad.

Somad. 

• WBaker likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Jesus Christ, nasal congestion is so frustrating. No matter if you blow your nose till your brains comes out, mucus will keep coming...

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users