Grumpy Old Forumers

12,003 replies to this topic
Naomi
  • Naomi

Predator posing as a house pet

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Ah. I've come home.

My epic rant revolves around Facebook. I gave it up for nearly a year mostly because of the inane posts.

Now I love my friends, I truly do. But if I have to see just one more photo of "What I cooked for dinner tonight" or yet another "here's a pic of my little Johnny taking his first dump OR "Gosh golly gee it's hot today" well, I'm pretty sure murder will be done.

If you want to contact me I'll be the chick in the war paint and fatigues hanging out in the local bell tower with an AK-47.

NB: I can't make up my mind which is more tragic; that they think that sh*t is worth sharing or the fact that I keep going back to read it.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Ah. I've come home.

My epic rant revolves around Facebook. I gave it up for nearly a year mostly because of the inane posts.

Now I love my friends, I truly do. But if I have to see just one more photo of "What I cooked for dinner tonight" or yet another "here's a pic of my little Johnny taking his first dump OR "Gosh golly gee it's hot today" well, I'm pretty sure murder will be done.

If you want to contact me I'll be the chick in the war paint and fatigues hanging out in the local bell tower with an AK-47.

NB: I can't make up my mind which is more tragic; that they think that sh*t is worth sharing or the fact that I keep going back to read it.

I Totally get you.. I hate the fact the people have to posts or "update" their status for everything they do.. its obnoxious and really ignorant. I mean do really have to know that you're taking a sh*t every hour. This type of things makes me detest social sites.. Maybe that's one reason I don't have a profile. I guess people share sh*t to feel their life is interesting on the web. I personally think its more of an Ego type of thing, and that's why people do it..

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Thank god I'm not that irritable. :rol:

But I have to sit next to this girl in my Pre-AP History class who chews gum all of the time and pops it like 15 times a minute. Sometimes I want to tell her to shut up, but I don't want to come off as dick. But damn... sometimes... I just wanna pop her in her head! :devil:

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

Just a callback to that dirtbag Melissa Bachman - there's no reason for game hunting. Killing for sport is bullsh*t, sanctioned by corrupt governments (or just the normal horrible kind) or otherwise.

We are talking about a species that is barely on the cusp of endangered. We're talking about the pride leader being tranquilized, removed from the pride (which results in the death of an entire generation) and shipped to a glorified barrel that this ditch pig can then walk in and shoot the bloody thing.

And then the act is celebrated proudly, like there's something noble about it. (there isn't).

If the animals really, truly need to be culled as Sivi mentioned, it'd be the felines, and they'd be killed and left for dead in the field.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

I love the concept of patriotism the big enterprises have. Some months ago, Argentina nationalized part of some spanish oil multinational, Repsol. Repsol and the Spanish government got "horrorized" by the event and didn't take too long until they began to protest for that action.

Now, the same enterprise has ordered the construction of some gas ships and, guess where? yeah, in Asia while the local spanish shipyards are needing more job and have the same capacity to make them. Now they have forgotten about Spain? Where is the Government to protest and fight for the spanish interests?

f*ck the Capitalism and f*ck the bastards of the Government.

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by Nudg3r, 20 November 2013 - 08:43 PM.

This small children running and playing in the streets.
They have the worst parents. They dont even care about their children. I think they just want to let their children get hit by car so I have to pay them blood money.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by F4L?, 20 November 2013 - 09:50 PM.

They have the worst parents. They dont even care about their children. I think they just want to let their children get hit by car so I have to pay them blood money.

Blood money is better than no money I say, at least they're being pro active about earning money, unlike you, who just sits around complaining about other people's children, go out, get some kids of your own son, and make some o dat blood money.

Times are tickin', giddyup son!

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just a callback to that dirtbag Melissa Bachman - there's no reason for game hunting. Killing for sport is bullsh*t

We are talking about a species that is barely on the cusp of endangered. We're talking about the pride leader being tranquilized, removed from the pride (which results in the death of an entire generation) and shipped to a glorified barrel that this ditch pig can then walk in and shoot the bloody thing.

And then the act is celebrated proudly, like there's something noble about it. (there isn't).

Couldn't agree more. And this story just gets better. I've just read that this particular hunting company or whatever they call themselves, didn't actually have any lions because lions are not from that region, but because a lion was on Bachman's wishlist, they had to bring in that poor lion from a different province just so that she could entertain herself by killing it.

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Blood money is better than no money I say, at least they're being pro active about earning money, unlike you, who just sits around complaining about other people's children, go out, get some kids of your own son, and make some o dat blood money.
Times are tickin', giddyup son!
Oh you sick fu- ....Brb earning some cash!
Their deaths wil be worth it!

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

This gen... People pulling up their smartphones while at work or in lunch, middle conversation. Screw them. Extremely introvert people too, some can`t talk to you about work they need to make. Short rant.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:48 AM

This gen...
People pulling up their smartphones while at work or in lunch, middle conversation.
Screw them.
Extremely introvert people too, some can`t talk to you about work they need to make.
Short rant.

I'm sure previous generations would have done the same if they had access to the same technology. It's the technology that causes these actions in most cases. If anybody or anything is to blame, blame technology and the companies rather than the technology user.
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

This gen...
People pulling up their smartphones while at work or in lunch, middle conversation.
Screw them.
Extremely introvert people too, some can`t talk to you about work they need to make.
Short rant.

Myself and all of my friends have conversations daily while playing on our phones, it's not a big deal at all, nobody minds. You could say that it's rude to force someone to sit there doing nothing other than talking or listening.

I'm all for some manners, but things like this are such minor things it shouldn't matter.

Of course, this is all my own opinion.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

This gen... People pulling up their smartphones while at work or in lunch, middle conversation. Screw them. 

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

• Finn 7 five 11, geobst and The Odyssey like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

This gen... People pulling up their smartphones while at work or in lunch, middle conversation. Screw them. Extremely introvert people too, some can`t talk to you about work they need to make. Short rant.

Another this generation problem. :sigh: And what is your problem with introverted people. Some people don't like talking that much, hell I don't to most people unless I know them really well.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I agree. It piss me off when I'm talking to someone and they just type with the phone. Though I have to admit that I sometimes use it when I'm lunching at home :p

Naomi
  • Naomi

Predator posing as a house pet

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

The good 'ol "This generation's problem" rant....

I think all you 20 somethings are a pack of goody goodies.

That's right I said it.

In the 80's my friends and I would rock up to a bar in our school uniforms ordering beers and cigarettes, playing pool and flirting with boys...during our HSC exams.

You lot. What do you do? Oh that's right. Not smoke in bars. Drink sensibly in bars. Do you lot even hook up in bars nowadays or is that considered too unhygienic for your precious selves? 

PS: No crying, I had to do this. It's like a right of passage :) Come on kids, give me your best 'old lady' or 'that time of the month' retort. It's the GTA forums, it's almost law here. ;)

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

That's right I said it.

In the 80's my friends and I would rock up to a bar in our school uniforms ordering beers and cigarettes, playing pool and flirting with boys...during our HSC exams.

You lot. What do you do? Oh that's right. Not smoke in bars. Drink sensibly in bars. Do you lot even hook up in bars nowadays or is that considered too unhygienic for your precious selves? 

PS: No crying, I had to do this. It's like a right of passage :) Come on kids, give me your best 'old lady' or 'that time of the month' retort. It's the GTA forums, it's almost law here. ;)

I want to f*ck you.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

That's right I said it.

I want to f*ck you.

Stay classy, gtaforums...  

• Finn 7 five 11 and Sting4S like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

To expand on this, my office is beside a daycare centre. There's no access controls to our car park because it is shared with our office and the two around it.

We have around 20 allocated parking spaces which are clearly signed with the name of our company. This to be honest is too few for an office with circa 50 employees but we cope.

Parents seem to think these signs are optional, however. They park in our spaces to drop off their screaming sprogs and usually to run three hours worth of errands too. They then get furious if our staff members box them in to our f*cking spaces. Well, guess what? You should have read the signs your utter sh*t-for-brains.

When loading and unloading their previous little darlings, all regards for common sense and avoiding criminal damage seem to go out of the window. I've seen numerous different ditsy f*ckwits open car doors full force into the sides of my colleagues' cars. When confronted their usual response is "well, it's only a car". By that logic, I can punch you in your f*cking face because, hey, it's only a face right?

When they're not using our spaces to cause criminal damage to our cars, they're sitting three abreast in the car park entrance to chat about their affairs, or the menopause, or how they should get some coffee some time but not today because I've got to take Tarquin to the doctors and then f*ck my son's maths tutor before my husband gets home. This means no-one can get in or out. On occasion they'll just leave their cars there to pop in or to run a few errands. The next person I see doing this will likely find their car being put on castors and rolled into the road.

Finally, our car park is unlit. The evenings are dark. Any logical, rational or sensible human being would keep an eye on their children in an environment. Not these. I've had to perform several emergency stops due to toddlers running out in front of my car because their utter blithering twat of a mother is too busy on the phone to stop her sprogs running out in front of cars.

F*cking morons, every last one of them.
  • Finn 7 five 11 and na89340qv0n34b09q340 like this

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 21 November 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Another this generation problem. :sigh: And what is your problem with introverted people. Some people don't like talking that much, hell I don't to most people unless I know them really well.

I GOT A GRIP WITH the NEW beeing introverted at work is cool kind of thing.

Thats about it for the use of extremelly introverted.

Same here, tell me is it OK not to talk when NECESSARY? Its like autism but just beeing an asshole.

Never remembar another gen doing it, my personal life thou, so you don't have to agree.

I agree, i talk way more with who i really know well, normal IMO.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I hate it when you get something you really want/something really good happened and then realize it was all a dream.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

I hate it when you get something you really want/something really good happened and then realize it was all a dream.

Yeah, girls and GTA V?

Heh just a though

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Nah I dream't I was getting a PS4 not that I wanted it but I was still disappointed.  :(

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yeah i don't feel like buying a PS4 until another two years maybe.

It is 2000 Obamas in my country.

That's kind of a rant.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Same here, tell me is it OK not to talk when NECESSARY? Its like autism but just beeing an asshole.
Never remembar another gen doing it, my personal life thou, so you don't have to agree.
You're *being* stupid. First of all, introverts have ALWAYS been around, its not a this gen problem. Secondly, I recall introverys only speaking, for the most part, when necessary; like when its actually necessary.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

That's right I said it.

I want to f*ck you.

Stay classy, gtaforums...  

That's as classy as Gainsbourg gets.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

You're *being* stupid. First of all, introverts have ALWAYS been around, its not a this gen problem. Secondly, I recall introverys only speaking, for the most part, when necessary; like when its actually necessary.

I am, sure.

Im talking about SOME of them.

Now they are just more recognised.

I myself am a bit introverted but i've met some irritating people. Thats all.

Im not saying all of them have only been around for this gen.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Used to happen a hell of a lot. Nowadays it's more of a "I'm glad that was just a dream" experience.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

40 buck PS3 controller f*cked up by my sister who is too wreckless and ignorant to even care. I swear these people, sometimes... just make me want to knock the f*ck out of them. Now we have to buy a new one because the other two controllers have also been f*cked up. I'm thinking about hiding them.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

I may only be fourteen but I have some things that piss me off.

Walmart parking lots. I mean, FFS! Jesus, trying to get a spot there is murder.

PEOPLE WHO TAKE BABIES TO THE MOVIES (Seeing as we're talking about movie theaters). I mean, you know it's going to cry, so WHY F*CKING BRING IT?! Atleast let the REST of us enjoy the movie.

People who don't have good grammer/puncuation (And now the flamewar starts). I mean, come on people. It's GRAMMER and puncuation. It's not f*cking rocket science. I mean, I don't even know most of the abreviations people use. When I get on a forum, I want to see "Wow, that's really cool! Nice find!", not "0mg tat iz da berst thimg 3vr!!!!!111!!!11".

I understand you but some people doesen't have english as their native linguage or are typing on a cellphone. Everyone replying to you like you haven't finished school because you typed wrong on a videogame forum really pisses me off. I mean, come on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users