Grumpy Old Forumers

11,728 replies to this topic
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

Messing around with the tablet I notice that the Youtube surface has been changed again and now I can't scroll down the comments. Am I the only one with this problem or I do have to thank once again Youtube-Google for screwing it?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Does anybody else think that Google are the ultimate trolls? I mean, my perception of their attitude is, "We got money, we're in charge of what we do, and we can do anything we want because you don't pay for anything." They always change stuff that isn't broken. YouTube has been changing constantly and it seems to happen right when you get comfortable. So I'm just enjoying it watching my usual car reviews and then when I comment, this pop up comes up and it says, Would you like to use your full name or your current name. And then this happens like every day now. They want me to use this Google+ crap now too. I just tried to ignore it but now they're forcing it on me. As if getting rid of my useful iGoogle homepage was bad enough, now they're just going to force this sh*t on me. They're trying to make it so that you no longer get replies to your inbox, comments will be sorted out to show sh*t by people you know- all of this irrelevant bullsh*t. What happened to simplicity? Complexity isn't always better. I just want to watch a f*cking video, like it, favorite it, and comment and that's it!

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

Is it just me who thinks SKY is becoming a waste of money? Most of the time the channels are either showing complete sh*t or re-runs that are always shown. The movies are always the same too. There's not even been any good movies added to SKY Anytime recently. It's betting beyond a joke. I'm starting to consider cancelling the subscription.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Tendulkar is a fine cricketer and a legend, but should have retired 4 years ago. Indians are obsessed with this guy - there is no other sporting figure even close the world over. Every time he is dismissed it is racially motivated. Every time he has done something unethical it is washed away. Also, he is a supporter of that bizarre cult leader in India who died a few years ago - I forget his name but something Baba. Still, the guy deserves respect as a cricketer . Like anything cricket related, India takes it way too far. They really need another sport over there to help even things out a bit.

Well football is popular here not as much as Cricket admittedly, but it's still the 2nd most popular sport here. When the world cup was going on, everybody forgot about cricket, well atleast for 2 months.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by StingrayX, 09 November 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Teachers trying to speak to you when they have god awful breath! Ugh! My German teacher, the one that so many are trying report because he is poor at teaching and has attitude issues, was leaning over me trying to grade my paper and he just smelt bad.
Another thing that annoys me are these dumb f*cks who like to make a lot of noise when they eat. I'm waiting in a service room and this old moron is smacking on chips, messing with the wrappers 24/7 and coughing in sh*t. Like what the f*ck, shut up!

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

Youtube changed the comment system. Damn it, Youtube, can't you just stick with one layout for more than a few months?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Teachers trying to speak to you when they have god awful breath! Ugh! My German teacher, the one that so many are trying report because he is poor at teaching and has attitude issues, was leaning over me trying to grade my paper and he just smelt bad.

Used to be, give/leave a travel size bottle mouth wash on his/her desk with a note, "From the Class".

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:42 AM Edited by theadmiral, 09 November 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Years ago I had a boss that had the most disgusting breath you could ever imagine, and he was a close talker too. He'd come around at 8 in the morning and try to explain things do you while you try to avoid eye contact and recoil in disgust.

You feel like someone should have told the guy, but I don't know. I think I can tell when I have bad breath, morning breath, or coffee breath. Are there some people that cannot detect this or do they just not care?

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Years ago I had a boss that had the most disgusting breath you could ever imagine, and he was a close talker too. He'd come around at 8 in the morning and try to explain things do you while you try to avoid eye contact and recoil in disgust.

You feel like someone should have told the guy, but I don't know. I think I can tell when I have bad breath, morning breath, or coffee breath. Are there some people that cannot detect this or do they just not care?
I can never tell whether I have bad breath or not. I play it safe just in case. No matter what I do for my breath, I'll end up giving off a stench of cigarettes when I open my mouth anyway. That said, I don't even know why I put the effort in. Most non-smokers describe the stench of cigarettes on your breath as the one of the worst possible stenches.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by 018361, 09 November 2013 - 04:00 AM.

I'm not really grumpy about my situation, but man, am I nervous. I have always been guided by my mothers helping hand all my life. I kinda feel as if I had allowed her to do many things that I really should have done on my own. I think it may be because my father passed away when I was at a young age and I never really had someone there to push me out of my nest and comfort zone. I feel that because of this I never really learned how to be independent and have always relied on others for a helping hand. Well, now i'm getting to a point where I need to stop being a follower and become the leader of my life and the more I think about it the more scared and nervous I become. I feel as if I need to take on things that otherwise to a person who was taught to be independent would be a cake-walk, but for me are some major leaps and bounds in my life. I've gotten to a point where baby-steps are no longer an option and i'm going to have to jump ship without even knowing how to swim to stay alive. I have many things to do and I'm not sure which one to do first. I don't want to end up taking on more than I can chew, but I feel I have no choice. If I do I feel that i'm gonna crash and burn like an old western locomotive barreling down an unfinished bridge. I have mostly ignored it, but It's getting to where I just can't do that anymore and the more I think about it the more nervous I become.   

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:07 AM Edited by Werebot85, 11 November 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Deleted - didn't actually make me grumpy. Plus the guy is in a very serious condition in hospital so I don't think I should discuss that here. So move along.. Nothing to see here...

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

So I have some guy calling me names via PM. The thing is that every message he sends trying to insult me contradicts to the previous one he sends.

I don't really give two sh*ts to stand the rant of some butthurt child via PM, but the guy don't seem to understand that every message he sends is just leaving him worse...

• theadmiral likes this

TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt
  • TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

So I have some guy calling me names via PM. The thing is that every message he sends trying to insult me contradicts to the previous one he sends.

I don't really give two sh*ts to stand the rant of some butthurt child via PM, but the guy don't seem to understand that every message he sends is just leaving him worse...

Tell me about it. Some guy very very down low in the food chain of well, EVERYTHING just came at me.

He talks to me about his school education like he's very insecure and has to prove to the world he made something in his pathetic existence. 

But if that very guy hates me so much, why is he proving that educational resume to me? 

It's all very contradicting. And taking a personal message here even proves more of his insecurity, he wanting to gather some folks to back him up.

Look, he even dragged me onto his low level.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

You first told  me I'm childish, that you are more mature and more bullsh*t while you are ranting, crying just like a butthurt kid and posting nonsense. With every message you've sent me you've contradicted everything you've said before.

You have also trying to insult me with pointless things like my avatar. That proves that you are here the insecure guy who doesn't have anything better to continue arguing.

And you started messaging me, why you are telling that taking it to a personal message proves my insecurity if you started it?

Admit if, you are a joke.

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

You first told  me I'm childish, that you are more mature and more bullsh*t while you are ranting, crying just like a butthurt kid and posting nonsense. With every message you've sent me you've contradicted everything you've said before.

You have also trying to insult me with pointless things like my avatar. That proves that you are here the insecure guy who doesn't have anything better to continue arguing.

And you started messaging me, why you are telling that taking it to a personal message proves my insecurity if you started it?

Admit if, you are a joke.

Laisse tomber casper. This is not the place. I'll report you for taking a personal conversation openly here. We're finished already. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

You continue failing over and over. I don't need to insult you or make up things, with every post or message of yours you prove my point. You don't have credibility, go away.

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

You continue failing over and over. I don't need to insult you or make up things, with every post or message of yours you prove my point. You don't have credibility, go away.

Sure, from your low point of view I am the loser but deep inside your thick skull, right where that tiny brain of yours keeps some general functions intact you realize I am correct.

You are one low caliber of a human being. God took a day off creating you. 

And the only thing you ever did which could be portrayed as an achievement in some absurd way is YOU STEALING OXYGEN.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Wow, and you keep going... I've been patient enough with your sensless rants. I'm done with you.

• TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt likes this

Kalvin'
  • Kalvin'

----------

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Wow, and you keep going... I've been patient enough with your sensless rants. I'm done with you.

You could've just "ignored" him, by that I mean going to ignore preferences in your profile and typing in him, then you won't get any messages from him anymore (atleast I believe this is the case, I have no need for it right now so I'm not quite sure how it works, but there are options for ignoring his signature and messages and such so I think it is some sort of blocking system, please say if I'm wrong :p)

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

He is sending me abusive PMs as well, I have reported it to the moderators and hopefully they will do something about it. They were completely unsolicited and I did not respond or send him back any PMs. Really unacceptable, childish behavior.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by sivispacem, 13 November 2013 - 04:01 PM.

I can't imagine he'll last much longer on the forums given the quality of his contributions so far. All rising to his idiocy is likely to do is provoke him further.

A bit sad really that someone clearly so obsessed with their image as an awesome specimen of male manliness turns into such a whinging, insolent toddler at the merest hint of criticism.
  • trip likes this

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:20 AM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 14 November 2013 - 03:20 AM.

"TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt"; I doubt that he's any older than thirteen. It's not just his username, it's his whole attitude and style of posting.

Don't let him piss you off, RoadRunner. He keeps going on about insecurity although contradicts himself. If what you you say is true, he contradicts himself in the private messages he sends too.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 AM Edited by F4L?, 15 November 2013 - 06:57 AM.

Okay this is beyond ridiculous, I don't understand how anyone could have even voted for this buffoon, watch this interview, this guy is f*cking retarded, and HE IS OUR PRIME MINISTER what the hell, seriously, just play it in the background while you browse the forum and you will have to do the same thing as me, stop what you're doing, and rewind, it is so f*cking retarded I had to hear it twice.

http://www.youtube.c...splR6dB_I#t=886

Also the fact that he still won't shut the f*ck up about the previous government even though he was elected like two months ago, he's still slagging them on the daily, wtf?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:03 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 15 November 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Well, the retarded Government of my country won't shut the f*ck up about the previous government and it's been already 2 years since they were elected. We also have a buffoon as president, as well as many others as ministers. It's just pathetic.

By other, it's a f*cking shame the justice in this f*cking sh*t of country. The other day the trial for the sinking in 2002 of the Prestige petrol ship finished. And guess, who was the only blamed? The captain of the ship (sentenced to 9 months in prison, which won't fullfil them because of his age and who didn't have any fault). They "strangely" forgot about the politicians who retardedly managed the incident, who decided to tug the ship far from the coast and therefore made the oil spill spread further. In this f*cking country you pay more for driving a bycicle without helmet than for causing a terrible ecological and economical disaster. And the worst of all, some of these bastards are nowadays in the Government.
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by StingrayX, 15 November 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Almost had an A honor roll, almost! Yesterday, all of my grades were an A except for German. I redid a worksheet and ended up with a 93 in his class overall. So what the f*ck happens? My dick automotive teacher gives me three 70's in the "shop assignment" section and I get an 87 overall in his class. So I remove an 87 in one class and gain one in another. I just gave up. He doesn't even organize his "shop assignments" well and nobody even does anything but sit down on their phones or talk about GTA or CoD or whatever. So yeah, an A/B honor roll again. All due to this lousy ass "extra curricular activity." :/

Well this is great, this is really f*cking great! f*cking band gave almost everyone mediocre grades! I got a 75. Hell I'm lucky, some who actually played in the show this year got worse than me! f*cking hate this dumbass new band director.

/rant f*cked up my grades

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:40 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 November 2013 - 02:41 AM.

I dunno but can the mods be quicker in banning the obvious trolls? They seem to let them go on and on but ban those who atleast contribute a bit to the forums quicker, am I the only one who is noticing this?

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:43 AM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 16 November 2013 - 02:44 AM.

I dunno but can the mods be quicker in banning the obvious trolls? They seem to let them go on and on but ban those who atleast contribute a bit to the forums quicker, am I the only one who is noticing this?

I guess most of the "obvious trolls" are newly registered users and therefore the staff feel they should be given a chance to change. However, I do agree that they should be banned if they're repeating the offence. I've said it before and I'll say it again; the forums are really going downhill. Most of it's down to recently registered members.
  • Sting4S likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 November 2013 - 02:46 AM.

I guess most of the "obvious trolls" are newly registered users and therefore the staff feel they should be given a chance to change. However, I do agree that they should be banned if they're repeating the offence. I've said it before and I'll say it again; the forums are really going downhill.

Yes but it's so obvious to we normal members who don't have the extra features that the staff have (i.e. looking into others member logs) that they are trolling, shouldn't it be obvious for the staff too? Irrespective if the member registered only recently?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

I've noticed it too. And remember Rizqan7? He was a mess to start with yet he was allowed to stay on the forums for almost a month, just spamming away. It seems every week the V section gets a troll who makes dumb posts/threads for a week or two until they're banned. Hell sometimes they don't get banned, they just die down on their activity.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

I guess most of the "obvious trolls" are newly registered users and therefore the staff feel they should be given a chance to change. However, I do agree that they should be banned if they're repeating the offence. I've said it before and I'll say it again; the forums are really going downhill.

Yes but it's so obvious to we normal members who don't have the extra features that the staff have (i.e. looking into others member logs) that they are trolling, shouldn't it be obvious for the staff too? Irrespective if the member registered only recently?
I'd have to agree with you. I'd guess that most of the trolls are reported for some of their posts. That said, you'd think the reports would be seen and then if repeat reports on that same member were made their content would be checked and the appropriate action would be taken in terms of short term or long term punishments.

Then again, there's a lot of members and we, the basic members can't begin to imagine how much hard work it must be to moderate the forums nowadays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users