Grumpy Old Forumers

19,877 replies to this topic
Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm still a bit upset. I really should have known better. I don't think banning him is extreme though. He is a troll and he put his membership on the line, knowing the consequences. Plus, he did say he wanted to take time off from the forums. I just hope that R* does something with North Yankton because i'm legitimately upset now. Why can't R* just deny things that are actually false? Especially when asked specifically. They are always so quiet even when the information won't hurt them. 

It's to keep the mystery I suspect, what fun is it if R* just comes out and tells us ratman and bigfoot are fake, and that there is no hidden city, or hidden car or weapon. Those things are fun for everyone, coming out denying it just spoils the fun.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

It annoys me when an obvious troll gets to stay on here for a long time. They just annoy me so much. >:(

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

I was so so so happy today, the happiest I'd been in a while. I started having a crush on this girl, and all of my stress went away. Until a few hours ago. I found out that my phone was stolen while in school. It accidentally fell out of my sweatshirt pocket in class, and some kid was eyeballing it. I put it in my bookbag, and next period was gym. I put my bookbag in the locker room, and this kid most likely was the culprit. He asked me during gym "Did your phone break when it fell?". I didn't found out it was gone until later today. I tried calling it, and using the "Find my iPhone" app, but it's disconnected and has no service, it's probably broken. I'm really pissed right now, just because I'm weaker then most others in the class doesn't mean they can screw with me. I've never done anything to anyone, and it's made my depression even worse. I hate people.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

I was so so so happy today, the happiest I'd been in a while. I started having a crush on this girl, and all of my stress went away.

Having a crush just makes me sad. Thinking about someone that I'm not gonna get. It just sucks.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

I was so so so happy today, the happiest I'd been in a while. I started having a crush on this girl, and all of my stress went away.

Having a crush just makes me sad. Thinking about someone that I'm not gonna get. It just sucks.
You won't acting like that. If you stop being a pussy and start making moves maybe you'll get somewhere, you'll increase your confidence at least.
  • Shah Sam likes this

Tracksuit Hitman
  • Tracksuit Hitman

I'm feeling Supersonic

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Jesus... they are broadcasting in Discovery Channel another "documentary" just like the History Channel's Ancient Aliens bullsh*t. Basically, before I changed of station, they were stating that every important technological hit of the last years has an extraterrestrial origin -.-"
FFS... it's sad what's going on with the TV and "documentary" channels lately...

Ancient Aliens isn't a bad show when it comes to entertainment. I do agree that some of the theories are far fetched. I see myself asking other people if they think some of the theories are a bit OTT. On the other hand, some content does get you thinking.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

I would feel like this with any other girl, but what's great about is that she used to like me back in 8th grade, so I know it's possible. She started hanging out with my sister, and my crush told me that I should come over her house with her, so I'm probably going to use that oppurtunity to somehow get closer to her. 

On to my next dilemma that I need to let out, which would be somewhat about the girl I like, and somewhat about how people suck.

I was sitting with my friends at lunch, enjoying food and sh*t. They know I like her, and she sat at the next table. They started screaming, "NATE LOVES YOU!" "HE WANTS TO BE WITH YOU!". She heard, and they ended up calling her over to my table. This was embarrassing, I just sat there staring at the table taking it all in. They kept saying "Nate loves you!" until someone had my back and saved me. He said "Jaysen loves you!" which would be someone else at my table. She thought it was just a joke, I think and hope and pray and everything in between that she thought that at least. But apparently, she caught on to my secret because of them, and my friend said she gave me a weird look. I ended up telling them on Xbox later that day that I didn't like her anymore. They're suspicious, but I hope it made it all end. And do you know how they justified this whole situation? "Everyone else did the same thing with my crush, so you deserve it too." I wanted to take it slow and wait a few months, she already has a boyfriend so I was going to wait until they break up, which is inevitable, and I only started talking to her again a few days ago. We used to be close a few years ago, but we gradually stopped talking. Now since she's started hanging out with my sister, she's come back into my life, and I don't know why, but I fell in like (I wouldn't say love at this stage...). I'm confident that I can get her (for once with a girl), but I'm going to have to rebuild everything that my friends destroyed, because she probably thinks I'm a weirdo now, I've only been talking for her for two days and I already like her. Don't ask why, I can't control it. In short, people suck, and this is part of the reason I developed Social Anxiety. I needed to vent here, I have nowhere else to go. Can't go to my friends, they're the reason I'm in this situation, and those would be the only people I vent to about my love life. Not anymore, I'm never telling them jacksh*t again.

• Finn 7 five 11 and Shah Sam like this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

It annoys me when an obvious troll gets to stay on here for a long time. They just annoy me so much. > :(

That's not the only case. They even allow that "greenrock" to stay here in the forums when in fact he only posts nonsense.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by StingrayX, 31 October 2013 - 03:46 AM.

http://gtaforums.com...-not-debatable/ > These type of threads annoy me, especially when you have someone who agrees with them because they're overly protective about Rockstar Games as well. :dozing:

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'm sick of every f*cking product being made in China. We are whining about the unemployment and economic situation but even so everything is made there. If we made more things here, we wouldn't have these problems, products would probably have a better quality and the economy would be very likely better...

By other hand, it's very hard to find European made products. I had heard Sennheiser proudly manufactured in Ireland. Well, yesterday I bought some earphones of that brand and today, after looking in the package box, I find "Made in China". f*cking hypocrisy. So how are things gonna improve if they continue this way?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

I shall revoke the throne, atop the stellar tree

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

The top end Sennheiser stuff is made in Ireland and Germany, but the commercial grade stuff is all built in China. If you want earphones not made in China, try Shure or Bose- Shure are built in the US and Bose in Germany.
  • RoadRunner71 likes this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

By other hand, it's very hard to find European made products. I had heard Sennheiser proudly manufactured in Ireland. Well, yesterday I bought some earphones of that brand and today, after looking in the package box, I find "Made in China". f*cking hypocrisy. So how are things gonna improve if they continue this way?

Their earphones are made in China, their headphones however are made in Ireland.  Mainly due to the fact that earphones by their nature are more flimsy and susceptible to damage, therefore more disposable than headphones.

But you are right, without sounding xenophobic there is too much made in China and not enough made at home (where ever that may be for you), and yes I've heard the stats about what it made in <x> (for me Britain) but we make low quantity expensive items which require a few skilled workers and not enough of the regular day to day cheap stuff which creates lots of jobs.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

@Crokey, we could have these kind of business that create a lot of employment but they are too bussy moving them to countries like China, India or Turkey.

The latest big business which has gone bankruptcy in my area, a cooperative which manufactured appliances and that kind of products has left without jobs directly 4000 workers (plus I believe in other countries which had also some presence so it can be more). I'd bet they couldn't compete with the prices of the products made out of Europe as well as the descent of earnings as consequence of the crisis. And they didn't manufacture low quality products, we have some appliances made by them and we haven't had any problem yet. Another quite important plant closed some months ago in some city near mine, leaving 400 worker unemployed, since they moved it to Turkey... And that is just to put few examples.

To add something more to my previous rant about the made in China products, it also piss me off how they are using the economical crisis decrease the rights of the workers into the chinese workers' level. Don't get me wrong, I ain't got anything against them but they are not characterized by having fair working conditions. Such an irony, for being a "communist country"...

To put a few examples occurred here in Spain, the CEOE, a confederation which represent the big company businessmen, recommended few days ago to completely eliminate the dismissal indemnity, rise the age of retirement to 70 years (how easy is to say that when you just do f*ck all, uh?) as well as I think 40 years of contribution to get the 100% of your pension. Now tell me, how  can people work 40 years if they don't have a job because the same organism as well as the government does promote micro jobs? The closest example around me, my mother, who has get a 2 day contract the next week, what the f*ck?

By other hand, not so long ago, a worker from a big company of supermarkets was fired after joining a labor union. FFS, that's a basic right! And by the way, the owner of the company, who is actually the second richest person in Spain, some months ago in some press appearance told that we should learn from the chinese working model. He should be hung from a tree.

This f*cking country and all the rights we gained are sinking thanks to these all scumbags in the power...

PS. Sorry for the big rant, I can't stand this bullsh*t of country anymore...

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

You won't acting like that. If you stop being a pussy and start making moves maybe you'll get somewhere, you'll increase your confidence at least.

Yeah, I'm fully aware of that, and yes, it's my own fault that I don't do anything, but I'm just too damn nervous around her. 

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Perhaps one day, in a long time, China will end up becoming more first world and workers will get paid more fairly and competition for cheap manufacture will pick up in other countries again, I doubt it, but hell, I might still be around in 2060, who knows what could change in that kind of time span.

@Thebodies fair enough, you gotta try though, just the simple sh*t, a "Hi" or a "Hey" every once in a while, i've discovered that confidence is built, it doesn't just spontaneously occur.

• Shah Sam likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by AceKingston, 05 November 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Bit of a bump.

I know a lot of people don't follow cricket here but this is way too much and it makes me grumpy. So there's this cricketer called Sachin Tendulkar and he's playing his 199th test tomorrow retiring on his 200th. I am not saying he is a bad player but he is overrated as f*ck and for his 199th test, 199 pearls are to be displayed, 199 gold leaves are to be displayed, seriously WTF? And in the newspapers oh god 'God arrives for his 199th Test blah blah'. 200 giant screens have been set up just for the sake of his 199th f*cking match. Hell people are starving in rural areas, is that more important or buying giant screens for some overrated players 199th Test?

Hell there are even better players than him IMO Bradman, Pointing, Dravid... to name a few.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

What the hell is wrong with you.

You're like an Argentinian that hates Maradona, or a German that hates Hitler.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Tendulkar is not overrated. Guy's a legend and by far one of the best cricketers. He deserves those big screens, gold leaves and pearls...

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Bit of a bump.

I know a lot of people don't follow cricket here but this is way too much and it makes me grumpy. So there's this cricketer called Sachin Tendulkar and he's playing his 199th test tomorrow retiring on his 200th. I am not saying he is a bad player but he is overrated as f*ck and for his 199th test, 199 pearls are to be displayed, 199 gold leaves are to be displayed, seriously WTF? And in the newspapers oh god 'God arrives for his 199th Test blah blah'. 200 giant screens have been set up just for the sake of his 199th f*cking match. Hell people are starving in rural areas, is that more important or buying giant screens for some overrated players 199th Test?

Hell there are even better players than him IMO Bradman, Pointing, Dravid... to name a few.

He is one of the most talented players ever to play the game you cant really deny that. You also cant really downplay the amount of records he's broken or the fact that he's been able to perform at the top level of cricket for well over 2 decades. Its not as though the fans are the only ones singing his praises. I know for a fact that Bradman commented on his skills as a batsman (coming from the god himself) and Shane Warne who is undoubtably the best spin bowler to ever played the game, if not one of the greatest bowlers ever thinks of Sachin as the greatest player of his time.

That being said, I remember going to the Boxing Day test India vs Australia at the MCG when I was younger, couldnt wait to see Sachin bat in person. He got out for a duck lol.

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

All this shameless promotion is getting on my nerves. I understand you have hopes and dreams of becoming the next big "Youtoob Supahstarr" and you want to get the "Youtube Monaaayy", but spamming the forums with topics asking people to check out your videos (in the wrong sections no less) is only going to get you hate.

blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:09 AM

If you are a man and your answer to a woman saying she wants equal rights is "so that means I can hit you now," you should probably take a moment to reassess your entire pitiful life.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by lil weasel, 06 November 2013 - 02:06 PM.

net[/url] смотреть фильмы онлайн в хорошем качестве бесплатно без регистрации

I find Netflix works fine for me. I've got a "Doctor Who" on my other monitor, now.

• Shah Sam likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

I find Netflix works fine for me. I've got a "Doctor Who" on my other monitor, now.

You are aware you're having a conversation with a spambot, aren't you?
  • Prometheus and Shah Sam like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

He's lonely. Give him this one, buddy.

• Shah Sam likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Bit of a bump.

He is one of the most talented players ever to play the game you cant really deny that. You also cant really downplay the amount of records he's broken or the fact that he's been able to perform at the top level of cricket for well over 2 decades. Its not as though the fans are the only ones singing his praises. I know for a fact that Bradman commented on his skills as a batsman (coming from the god himself) and Shane Warne who is undoubtably the best spin bowler to ever played the game, if not one of the greatest bowlers ever thinks of Sachin as the greatest player of his time.

That being said, I remember going to the Boxing Day test India vs Australia at the MCG when I was younger, couldnt wait to see Sachin bat in person. He got out for a duck lol.

Of course I won't deny he isn't a great player, but providing 200 giant screens, 199 petals really? Going a bit far IMO.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

The amount of spambots here in the forums seems to be increasing lately. And then there's some religious I guess spambot that f*cking annoys me.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by GTA_stu, 06 November 2013 - 02:56 PM.

The amount of spambots here in the forums seems to be increasing lately. And then there's some religious I guess spambot that f*cking annoys me.

nah that's just lil weasel, he's not a spam bot.

• RoadRunner71 and Shah Sam like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

So sad. His compulsive disorder about 'correcting' me is ... well, I'm sure he will get help eventually. His so uptight that Humour eludes him, too.

At least sivispacem doesn't go off on those tirades like he used to. :^:

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• European-Union

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by sivispacem, 06 November 2013 - 06:13 PM.

So sad. His compulsive disorder about 'correcting' me is ... well, I'm sure he will get help eventually. His so uptight that Humour eludes him, too.
At least sivispacem doesn't go off on those tirades like he used to. :^:
If you don't want to be corrected, then stop being wrong. The least you could do is act like a rational person, put your hands up once in a while and admit it instead of claiming it's my fault for being pedantic.

I was just concerned for your mental well-being to ser you conversing with a digital entity that isn't capable of replying. Talking to inanimate objects can be an indicator of serious degenerative conditions like Altzheimers, y'know.

Humour doesn't elude me, you're just sh*t at it.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Tendulkar is a fine cricketer and a legend, but should have retired 4 years ago. Indians are obsessed with this guy - there is no other sporting figure even close the world over. Every time he is dismissed it is racially motivated. Every time he has done something unethical it is washed away. Also, he is a supporter of that bizarre cult leader in India who died a few years ago - I forget his name but something Baba. Still, the guy deserves respect as a cricketer . Like anything cricket related, India takes it way too far. They really need another sport over there to help even things out a bit.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users