» «
Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

9,232 replies to this topic
Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 28 October 2013 - 03:02 AM.

If I could be directed to a topic explaining the changes or someone give me a short summary, that would be great. Basically, what did I miss in 2 years?

I don't think anyone threw together a topic that documents all the changes. Miromiro's guide will bring you up on stuff that you probably hadn't noticed (ie, You could follow topics before the update) - http://gtaforums.com...k-newbie-guide/. It hasn't been updated since the update though, so there's nothing about the new interface. AceKingston also tried to put together an FAQ, but there's not very much there (In his words "it's mainly just an faq guide") - http://gtaforums.com...the-new-layout/.

Kinda like with the old forum you just have to get a knack for things by using them. Everything you can do is in your settings still - http://gtaforums.com...e&module=usercp which is mostly the same as the old control panel except that flags and custom skins are missing, and you can now ignore people and change your displayed name once a year.

Most new changes are posted in the GTA Network support section which combined the announcements and old network support sections. http://gtaforums.com...etwork-support/. If you have any questions or issues you should post them in there.

• livejoker likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

There's some heavy wind out there, I can hear the windows and blinds cracking as well as some metallic thing trembling. There are moments that give the sensation that the windows are gonna break... I have to admit that this is one of the few times I'm feeling intimidated by the wind.

By other hand, am I the only one who gets annoyed by the same repetitive comments in songs in youtube like "x brought me here" or "I'm 13 and I like this"?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

lil weasel's weird posts are starting to irritate me. I mean what is he trying to say half the time he posts?

livejoker
  • livejoker

I'm Herbert Moooooooon!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

If I could be directed to a topic explaining the changes or someone give me a short summary, that would be great. Basically, what did I miss in 2 years?

*Helpful Post Here*

Thanks! I guess I just gotta get the hang of it again. I left as this forum can be ruthless and a....notorious member (that's been banned since) invited me to another GTA forum website. I look back at my old posts and my warnings from mods and I facepalm myself really hard. I'll probably not be a known member again (well I wasn't to start off so...) as I'll just pop-in threads that need my input. Seems like there's a LOT of spam going on here lately.

Anyway, thanks again :) Really helpful stuff.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

By other hand, am I the only one who gets annoyed by the same repetitive comments in songs in youtube like "x brought me here" or "I'm 13 and I like this"?

It's either they don' know what to say and they just use the trend or they're childish and retarded. Some internet gag, isn't it dude.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by RedDaggerXL, 28 October 2013 - 10:53 PM.

I just posted a 650 word rant on reddit about a post on GTAF, as that was the only way of getting rid of the stress from reading it.

I think I need to lie down...

Edit: CALLED IT, YO.

http://www.reddit.co..._on_the/cd1mi3i

I'd just like to summarise by pointing out the obvious: The v section is full of tards. That's all, folks.

Though I want to know of UT and Wildbrick were in on this, they seemed to be (as I said when I called it (did I mention I called it?)) part of the attention-getting.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Though I want to know of UT and Wildbrick were in on this, they seemed to be (as I said when I called it (did I mention I called it?)) part of the attention-getting.

I didn't know nothing about it. Me and Wildbrick started the thread with the intentions of glitching around North Yankton to see what's what with it, and the NGClan busts out of nowhere with all this code. He tells me the code is all legit and stuff, and then I found out today that he was bullsh*tting everybody the whole time.

rage-face-o.gif

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 28 October 2013 - 11:33 PM.

I just posted a 650 word rant on reddit about a post on GTAF, as that was the only way of getting rid of the stress from reading it.

I think I need to lie down...

Edit: CALLED IT, YO.
http://www.reddit.co..._on_the/cd1mi3i

I'd just like to summarise by pointing out the obvious: The v section is full of tards. That's all, folks.

Nope. I never knew it was a hoax. I actually asked him if he's trolling but he never told me anything.

icl5.png

PS: I read every word of the rant :^:

E: Oh, and I'm not using orange text for attention. I just like it. People have done that before and some still do.

E2: And I also ranted about reddit taking credit for that. It's enough evidence that I got tricked. My apology, Reddit.

E3: Mine and NG's PM list
frh5.png

File Stimulus Package
Research Team
North Yankton DLC (The one on the top)

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

I didn't know nothing about it. Me and Wildbrick started the thread with the intentions of glitching around North Yankton to see what's what with it, and the NGClan busts out of nowhere with all this code. He tells me the code is all legit and stuff, and then I found out today that he was bullsh*tting everybody the whole time.

rage-face-o.gif

Yeah, pretty much. Hope people don't hold you responsible. I kinda believed him just like you did, but something did seem suspicious like the badly-written dialogue and such.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

rage-face-o.gif

Yeah, pretty much. Hope people don't hold you responsible. I kinda believed him just like you did, but something did seem suspicious like the badly-written dialogue and such.

The only part that aroused my suspicions is one of the radio station's frequencies being 57.1 or something like that. Here in America, FM radio frequencies never ever go into the 50s. I thought it was just an oversight, seeing as GTA 3 did it with Flashback 95.6 (frequencies never end in even numbers)

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by RedDaggerXL, 28 October 2013 - 11:34 PM.

Okay this is going to be my last post in this thread (although we're being grumpy and all but it feels like moving a topic into a catch-all seems like derailing), but when he said he sent you proof what did he actually give yah?

Also, I may have been a bit harsh in my wording, I went a tad over the top from being annoyed at something over the internet, no 'hard feelings. Guess I started also making stuff up to make my point seem better  :rol:

Actually, to be a bit more OT I really should stop saying insults on the internet, I always, always end up apologising for saying them since the only time I say insults is when I'm mildly annoyed. Yes, I'm older than 13, thank you very much.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

rage-face-o.gif

The only part that aroused my suspicions is one of the radio station's frequencies being 57.1 or something like that. Here in America, FM radio frequencies never ever go into the 50s. I thought it was just an oversight, seeing as GTA 3 did it with Flashback 95.6 (frequencies never end in even numbers)

Well what can you do. I was pretty angry about it at first. I will admit he did a good job, but he wasted his time imo. He's just left alot of people disappointed at the end of the day.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

rage-face-o.gif

Well what can you do. I was pretty angry about it at first. I will admit he did a good job, but he wasted his time imo. He's just left alot of people disappointed at the end of the day.

I must agree with you though, it was a pretty good fake up until the end.

• WildBrick142 likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Same here. I was hoping for him to get a ban at first, though that may be a bit extreme. Don't know what to think tbh.

Mockage
  • Mockage

g#

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Same here. I was hoping for him to get a ban at first, though that may be a bit extreme. Don't know what to think tbh.

That's over the top, he made a joke and fooled your sorry ass. That doesn't mean he should get banned for it you hack.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 28 October 2013 - 11:45 PM.

That's over the top, he made a joke and fooled your sorry ass. That doesn't mean he should get banned for it you hack.

Yeah, I actually admitted it was extreme and over the top to think that if you read my post. Of course a few people would have been angry about it at first. I don't know who you are mate or what your problem is, but just piss off, seriously.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, I actually admitted it was extreme and over the top to think that if you read my post. Of course a few people would have been angry about it at first. I don't know who you are mate or what your problem is, but just piss off, seriously.

I know the NGclan issued an apology on his profile.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

As much as I'd want to say otherwise (pointing at my reddit post...), the fact he got that thread to 50 pages, hooked along loads of people, showed 'proof' enough to convince what seemed to be a majority, and - here's the kicker - got mentioned on news websites, means the fake was pretty good for most people. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

As much as I'd want to say otherwise (pointing at my reddit post...), the fact he got that thread to 50 pages, hooked along loads of people, showed 'proof' enough to convince what seemed to be a majority, and - here's the kicker - got mentioned on news websites, means the fake was pretty good for most people. 

Even funnier enough, he wasn't the one who made the thread. I made it and he "hijacked it"

Spoiler

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Even funnier enough, he wasn't the one who made the thread. I made it and he "hijacked it"

Spoiler

He had alot of people fooled. No hard feelings on the guy anymore despite my anger before. Not that I'm exactly defending him, but he did a good job.

• WildBrick142 likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Seeing what has happened, can be said that theNGclan has reached THE STATUS...

maximum_trolling_RE_I_CHALLENGE_YOU-s720
  • universetwisters and WildBrick142 like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

If we would still have GTAF Annual Awards, I'd vote him as "Troll of the year"

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Likewise. When do those things come around, december?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:09 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 29 October 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Likewise. When do those things come around, december?

2012 awards voting was in January/February. Don't remember the others.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

I'm still a bit upset. I really should have known better. I don't think banning him is extreme though. He is a troll and he put his membership on the line, knowing the consequences. Plus, he did say he wanted to take time off from the forums. I just hope that R* does something with North Yankton because i'm legitimately upset now. Why can't R* just deny things that are actually false? Especially when asked specifically. They are always so quiet even when the information won't hurt them. 

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

I'm still a bit upset. I really should have known better. I don't think banning him is extreme though. He is a troll and he put his membership on the line, knowing the consequences. Plus, he did say he wanted to take time off from the forums. I just hope that R* does something with North Yankton because i'm legitimately upset now. Why can't R* just deny things that are actually false? Especially when asked specifically. They are always so quiet even when the information won't hurt them. 

I did think the same at first. I guess to some people it was just a funny little "joke".

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Banning him? That would be too indulgent. I propose we bury and throw him stones.
  • 018361 likes this

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

rage-face-o.gif

I'm done, I'm f*cking done. I'll still be on the forums, but just not as much as I was before. f*ck that idiot.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

Well he had a purpose of doing the hoax, to make things fun and exciting as it is broad. At first I believe in his "superficial codes" but I'm starting to get really suspicious of his actions, so I didn't made a post on that topic, till recently I heard all about it and my last assumptions were legit. He may have fooled you in the very end, but likely your the fool who believes in garbage. Likewise I also have a sympathy with the guy, agreeing into the position that we bare similar characteristics, getting more attention by someone; but I'm not likely going to make some hoaxes around, I don't want anyone to let my friends down.

And let's forget about this nonsense, for now all of you still bare hate on him but as time goes along it will also fade, so I believe this is the time to forget what just happened and what had done.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

The fact that it was glaringly false if you thought about it for numerous reasons, plus there was literally no reason to believe it was true in the first place, means it shouldn't really have been necessary in the first place for someone to say 'hang on guys, don't think this is actually true right now' (who got lynched anyway).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users