Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

10,086 replies to this topic
Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

It was posted in the GTA San Andreas Forum, not the V forum. Where it sat without response for a couple of hours.

The discussion was of such a nature that it really covered more than just the San Andreas Game.

It was moved to the General GTA game chat for everyone interested in the various games mentioned to be able to view and discuss the subject, rather than just the San Andreas Players who didn't seem interested.

Actually, it was initially posted in the V forum, before it was shuffled off to the San Andreas forum (for reasons that were unexplained to me), and then finally resting in the GTA Series Chat forum.

The whole basis of that thread was to address the endless amount of bitching and whining thrown at V of late, thus rendering it a V-related issue. How stupid of me to think about posting something regarding GTA V in a GTA V forum.

This forum needs a severe reassessment of it's staff selection.

(...)

I then proceeded to create the thread again to try and continue the discussion, and was subsequently rewarded with my first 'warning point' for my atrocious actions.

What did you expect? 

Everywhere I've gone, people always complain that the mods are doing a bad job. Every forum, subreddit, community... the mods suck, and you could do a better job but you don't want to. Ah well. 

This is the first and only complaint I've made about certain moderators during my short sixteen month tenure around this cyber zoo. I understand and respect that the job is hard enough, especially with the V forum recently turning into a circus full of performing crack-head kiddie clowns, but guys like MVC/Kirsty do the same job, and you don't see them acting all Stalin, trying to patronise and talk down to everyone like they're parenting a child on bad behaviour.

Anyway, to remain on topic (before Otter has another spasm):

I currently have the week off work, and had planned on hitting the golf course this afternoon with my brother-in-law. And low and behold, it's f*cking pissing down, despite yesterday being as clear as my sex offenders profile. Oh well f*ck it. The pub it is.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

May I know what's the point of studying latin and ancient greek?

I mean, I'm wasting my time studying two languages that will be completely useless in my whole life. I could be studying instead two different languages that are spoken in the present times like a higher level of English (which is shameful the level they taught us in school considering the importance it globally has) and French but no, some c*nt decided that it's more important to study two laguages that had been almost completely dead for thousand of years...

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Also, feeling nausea is the worst feeling in the world, bar none.  I would rather feel pain, and that's saying something because we all know pain is, pain.

Man you don't want to feel nausea during an uni class, when you are sitting next to hot girls. You know it f*cking spoils the mood.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Anyone here know of "muscle milk"? It's a protein drink they sell ere at the YMCA for 3 bucks. Goddamn, it's way overpriced, but dammit it's delightfully delicious.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

This forum needs a severe reassessment of it's staff selection.

I posted the following thread in the V forum, out of sheer frustration with the hate and negativity surrounding the game (yes, I respect opinions, but it's just getting ridiculous):

http://gtaforums.com...-never-existed/

For some unknown reason, it was moved from the V forum to the lesser populated 'GTA Series Chat' forum, despite it being a V-related issue of which I feel strongly about, and me taking my time to reply with reasonable and constructive arguments.

I then pm'd a few mods that were active at the time (who shall remain nameless) requesting an explanation, for which I was ignored by one, and effectively told to 'deal with it' by another. 

I then proceeded to create the thread again to try and continue the discussion, and was subsequently rewarded with my first 'warning point' for my atrocious actions.

Why can't some mods on this forum take a lesson from more chill guys/gals like MiamiViceCity/Kirsty/Moonshield?

No offense to anyone but it does seem a bit odd to move a V related discussion out of a V related area, kind of silly actually, but its no big deal if it is still recieving a lot of responses. I kind of hate threads like that in my honest opinion though. :lol:

I hate getting those bad tastes in myouth that result to me wanting to through up. It is a horrible feeling.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

May I know what's the point of studying latin and ancient Greek?

It's a way to keep Instructors (on tenure) employed. As you say Dead Languages serve no real purpose.

Knowledge of the Past is worthless since people keep repeating the errors even though with that knowledge because maybe this time the outcome will be different.

And, some people just have the time to waste delving into the past 'civilizations'.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

I hate it when you have a minor complaint about GTA V and people are all like "hurr go play cod" or "durrr stop with these bullsh*t complaints"?"

For Christ sake, the game isn't f*cking perfect, let us talk about the negatives of the game. It's called GTAForums for a reason.

• F4L? likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

I hate it when you have a minor complaint about GTA V and people are all like "hurr go play cod" or "durrr stop with these bullsh*t complaints"?"

For Christ sake, the game isn't f*cking perfect, let us talk about the negatives of the game. It's called GTAForums for a reason.

Because there are a lot of kids who joined like a week ago thinking this forum shall remain only positive.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

The forum is being stupid so I type this out again.

All my mates are in the pub, we were at z party at anotHer pub before hand, I got to the pub two minutes late after sprinting as fast as possible when drunk, I.wasn't allowed because of nsw lockout laws at 11:30 -12:00.
Ducking bullsh*t, I jumped the fencE twice, but the bouncer knows who I am so he kicked me out both times and said he'd call the cops if I do it again, I.was hanging out with my mates by the fence for a while but the guy said I had to be 50m away, so now I'm sitting that distance watching my mates all havE fun.
Ducking bullsh*t laws, Canberra has none of this,I can get to the club at 4AM and be let in, butnot nsw, so sh*t, I hate it so much, it's only 1248.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

^ Well, at least he just told you he'd call the cops. I've heard plenty of stories of night club bouncers beating the hell out people...

On another subject, my headphones have just broken... once again. I'm sick of this, every 6 month I'm in the need of buying new ones. And they are not cheap at all; the Apple ones, cost 30 euro. Don't get me wrong, I don't buy them because of the brand they are, I'm already sick of Apple, but they sound better and last longer than any other I've bought before... I wonder if nowadays there's any company which don't manufature sh*tty products that break at the few months...

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

What type of headphones are you using?  Are they headphones or earphones like the in-ear variety, considering you mention Apple?

To be honest I would go with Sennhieser anyway as I've never really had a bad pair of them, they last ages and depending on the type of headphones most parts are replaceable.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

What type of headphones are you using?  Are they headphones or earphones like the in-ear variety, considering you mention Apple?

To be honest I would go with Sennhieser anyway as I've never really had a bad pair of them, they last ages and depending on the type of headphones most parts are replaceable.

*earphones, my bad. I don't really like to use headphones.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

What do you use them for anyway, is it general listening on the go with your phone/mp3 player or do you use them for sports etc?

From experience I've never seen a pair of Apple earphones (let alone Apple stuff in general) lasting that long anyway, they are cheaply made junk.  Not trying to sound xenophobic or anything but they are cheap Made in China sh*te, I'd rather go with Made in Ireland (mainly their higher end stuff) Sennheiser's, plus the audio quality is generally great as well with Sennheiser's

• RoadRunner71 likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 11 October 2013 - 06:11 PM.

What do you use them for anyway, is it general listening on the go with your phone/mp3 player or do you use them for sports etc?

From experience I've never seen a pair of Apple earphones (let alone Apple stuff in general) lasting that long anyway, they are cheaply made junk.  Not trying to sound xenophobic or anything but they are cheap Made in China sh*te, I'd rather go with Made in Ireland (mainly their higher end stuff) Sennheiser's, plus the audio quality is generally great as well with Sennheiser's

I use it for general listening, yeah (and I use them quite a lot, actually). Also, I have to agree with what you've said about the Chinese made products quality. However, it's hard to find something that is not made in China... I'll look into that brand you've mentioned  :)

Edit: well, I've been looking into it and I think I had some Sennheiser earphones some time ago. And they were the ones that lasted longer. I remember that I accidentally broke them a hot day of summer since the metal of the plug had soften with the heat but in general I ended pretty satisfied of them. I'll see if I can get some of these again  :^:

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

With my account on xbox, sometimes it isn't automatically signed in to my account. This always entails the same thing - sign in to my account, it asks me if my backup e-mail address works and receives messages. Sure, I can say yes - then it tells me to input either another e-mail (wtf?) or a telephone number. I don't have a mobile and I ain't giving them my home number, and I don't usually have another e-mail lying around.

If I select no, it tells me to put in another e-mail address anyway.

If I cancel by pressing b, it signe me out then I have to sign in again, but without the prompt. Obviously, doing this every no and then is really annoying. Like Youtube 'wanna use your real name?' annoying.

So a few weeks ago, I did put in another e-mail address, just to stop with this. Guess what? Still getting the messages. Apparently I need thirty dozen different e-mail addresses and I need to give them my mobile number, home number, parents' mobile number, brother's mobile number, school number, dentist contacts, government contacts and all the information NSA has collected in the past 10 years.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

So it's now sort of official that I'll have to wait until Q1 2014 for GTAV (pc) :(

Part of me was hoping for a December release, but that was too unrealistic I suppose. Great...
  • trip likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

So it's now sort of official that I'll have to wait until Q1 2014 for GTAV (pc) :(
Part of me was hoping for a December release, but that was too unrealistic I suppose. Great...

I feel ya man. This is the first time I haven't had to wait out the PC release lag...and I've been a fan awaiting every release since III. Totally looking forward to playing the superior version of the game.

My gripe today:
Devices with unreplaceable batteries. My tablet is starting to show signs of old battery. Grrrrrr.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Ditto. I've lost a big part of the interest I had for the game thanks to the Cockstar's PC release delay policy. And considering that I don't trust Ubisoft (Watch Dogs) anymore I guess I'll have to stick to the good ol' GTA IV for some free roaming...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Here's a video on battery replacement. Looks tough. And if you do damage the tablet, well, you needed to replace it anyway...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TZeFFGKyopU

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Ditto. I've lost a big part of the interest I had for the game thanks to the Cockstar's PC release delay policy. And considering that I don't trust Ubisoft (Watch Dogs) anymore I guess I'll have to stick to the good ol' GTA IV for some free roaming...

Man I still believe in Watch Dogs. The game looks awesome and I'm definitely gonna get stuck into that while waiting for V. I admit I'm not that excited about GTAV anymore, but it'll come back next year :)

@trip - I know whatya mean about those batteries. My ipod's been feeling pretty tired these last 2 years or so. It can't stay awake for long anymore. Time to get a new one soon I think

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by StingrayX, 12 October 2013 - 04:47 PM.

I don't like those teachers that get mad if you use your cell phone even if all of your work is done and it's quiet and boring as heck.

Edit: The V section kills me. I made this thread: http://gtaforums.com...best-fcking-ai/ And people just accuse me of being a fool for having a negative opinion about the game. I... I don't even want to come back here anymore. People can't f*cking post properly, they have some sh*tty attitudes, and... having a proper discussion is just impossible. I should've left when the game came out like I said because things haven't gotten better. I'm just going to take a break from the forum lol, I'm out.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Goddamn parents. I'm sitting here at Panara's, trying to jam out to gabber on my laptop, and these parents just sit around and drink coffee and eat bread while they let their kids run around like it's a flip friggin' playground.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:29 AM Edited by AceKingston, 13 October 2013 - 10:29 AM.

I could have sworn I just clicked on the 'GTA V - Subforum' and yet I find myself in the spoiler filled 'Missions' sub-forum. Did this happen to anyone else? (Especially PC gamers)

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I don't like those teachers that get mad if you use your cell phone even if all of your work is done and it's quiet and boring as heck.

Edit: The V section kills me. I made this thread: http://gtaforums.com...best-fcking-ai/ And people just accuse me of being a fool for having a negative opinion about the game. I... I don't even want to come back here anymore. People can't f*cking post properly, they have some sh*tty attitudes, and... having a proper discussion is just impossible. I should've left when the game came out like I said because things haven't gotten better. I'm just going to take a break from the forum lol, I'm out.

Did you even read my f*cking post properly? Do you even know what you're talking about? And your grammar and spelling are so f*cked up that I can't even understand half of your post. Shut up and go away.

Yep, having a proper discussion is impossible because of them, totally. Nice and thought provoking for the topic at hand, dontcha' think?

Also in the thread most people were agreeing with you.

And stop swearing so much, jeez.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

So I'm walking over to this place I go to so I can mooch off their wifi, and guess who I see riding by on a motorbike. My ex's parents. Holy sh*tcock.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

I can't figure out why yesterday night, at a later hour and having eaten less than today I wasn't hungry and today, back in my house (yesterday I was at parent's hometown) at an earlier hour of night, I'm already hungry. And I'm not a fat guy or anything...

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Bring the Pain

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:11 AM Edited by mr6plow9, 14 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

Now that we can change our names, I don't know what I want to change mine to. Woe is me.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

I can't change my name yet because I'm still a newbie :)

But even tho I'm not exactly in love with my username (I actually hate it), I'm just gonna stick with it I think

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Last night I was walking around outside when I stepped on a small frog :/

I could feel stepping on something, then it popped (and I could feel it popped and I could actually hear a loud popping sound). When I shined my phone's light on it, I could see it was a small frog with its guts all over the place. But that popping feeling and sound was the worst part........

When I went to look at it this morning, it was gone. So I guess some bird had a nice breakfast...

I also hate stepping on snails, which happens a lot after it has rained. That whole crunching sound and feeling... I really should start using a flashlight when I walk around in the dark

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

The HOT tag on the topics is silly. Being labeled HOT just because 32 people replied to it over the years hardly makes it HOT.

A truly HOT topic should be one that has replies within an hour (or three) and when it Cools the tag should disappear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users