Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

19,016 replies to this topic
OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I second Ochys statement. Did you have to pay for the release day guarantee. 

No, it seems to have worked itself out now. Eventually got delivered but missed first delivery because they didn't dispatch it till yesterday.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

kickin' the gong around

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 01 June 2014 - 02:46 AM.

Not trying to be mean but that doesn't really mean anything to me. I'm a car enthusiast, I love cars! I'm very picky when it comes to the way a car drives. But like I said before, I should wait until I get V before I judge the physics.

I agree. Car handling is a very important gameplay aspect to GTA. It might be interesting to try this discussion again after we've all played V.

After watching CVG drive across the map I'm going to take back what I said about the handling. :p They actually knew how to drive and damn, the physics don't look too bad then.

After playing: driving is awesome. 

Now if you excuse me: I'm going back to playing this mutherf*cking game some more bye.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I f*cking hate people. I was trying to get out of the subway car and people coming in all at the same time, without even letting me pass. And I'm not short at all, so they had to see me... Next time this happens I swear I will even hit people...

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by Hameer, 18 September 2013 - 06:25 PM.

What the f*ck is with GTA V?

It was over-hyped as f*cked and didn't deserve those scores the reviewers gave to it, or were they bribed?
Sh*tty driving, feels just like another sandbox game which is made by other crappy companies. And what the hell is with R* illuding us to cerebrating that we could buy safehouses in the game. Soundtrack and Radio-stations are crap. 

Story way too short for a GTA game which contains only
Spoiler
missions, really? and they fitted like over 400 missions in GTA online, exclusive features for online. Grand Theft Auto shined in the SP part and they, like other companies, focused more on multiplayer. 

This was my most anticipated game ever, so I conjecture disappointment was to be expected. Though I admire the other things they have inserted but feels like, it was kinda over-hyped :/

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by sivispacem, 18 September 2013 - 10:20 PM.

I really wish people wouldn't use words they clearly don't understand out of context because it makes their posts incomprehensible.

Like the one above (brief hint- "conjecture" is not really usable as a first person verb-in this context the correct usage would be "conject"- and even if it were, the implication would be that your assessment was based on faulty or otherwise inaccurate evidence).

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by StingrayX, 20 September 2013 - 11:44 AM.

What the f*ck is with GTA V?

It was over-hyped as f*cked and didn't deserve those scores the reviewers gave to it, or were they bribed?
Sh*tty driving, feels just like another sandbox game which is made by other crappy companies. And what the hell is with R* illuding us to cerebrating that we could buy safehouses in the game. Soundtrack and Radio-stations are crap. 

Story way too short for a GTA game which contains only
Spoiler
missions, really? and they fitted like over 400 missions in GTA online, exclusive features for online. Grand Theft Auto shined in the SP part and they, like other companies, focused more on multiplayer. 

This was my most anticipated game ever, so I conjecture disappointment was to be expected. Though I admire the other things they have inserted but feels like, it was kinda over-hyped :/

I was disappointed at first, but the game really isn't that bad dude. I kind of learned to adapt to the handling, took a while but its cool now. Online is where the real stuff comes in unfortunately. And that is where my rant comes in.

Albeit GTA V is a good game, it does the same thing most games do today. It leaves a lot of the good features like buying houses for Online only. I don't like it when developers like to focus on Online more and make exclusives that people would want in single player, but that's just the way its going to be.

Edit: Anybody else hate noisy people? People who clang bowls all of the time, chomp all loudly while eating chips, and smack when eating over all? It drives me crazy and it makes me want to avoid that person while they eat. :panic:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

I get pulled out of school because I had some bad ear infection. It felt like a f*cking bug was crawling around my ear drum thing and was biting away at my brain. So I go to the doctor and after waiting half an hour for them to see me, they sit me down and they tell me to hold some cup up to my ear to catch the water they'll pressure shoot into my ear. Not only the cup fails to catch any water and all the water goes inside my shirt and down my stomach, but the water is going straight into my ear at such a huge rate. It f*cking sucked.

At least it's clean.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

^^^^
Dude, I had that ear flush done to me when I was in the emergency room a bunch of months ago.

No mess and I loved it.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

First rant: I'm f*cking sick of my noisy retarded neighbours. It's the f*cking half past 3 AM over here, a Monday and later most of us have to get up early so shut the f*ck up and turn your sh*tty music off! And stop moving the f*cking blinds of the windows over and over, you c*nts!

Second rant: why every damn gameplay video of GTA V has comments? I don't give a sh*t about the uploader bad jokes and opinions, I just want to hear the god damn game -.-

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Well today I kind of had my dream crushed (well postponed) when I found out that the minimum age to be a fed ex or UPS driver was 21. I want to eventually become a semi truck driver and I was intending in becoming a local delivery driver for UPS or Fed Ex while I wait until I turn 21 (I will turn 19 next friday) and I figured I could work in my CDL in that time as well. But when I did some research I found that age requirement and it pissed me off. Now I'm going to have to tread water at my current job for 2 years!!!! I guess I can understand why they would have the age requirement but it still pisses me off I have a clean driving record and my current job already requires me to drive about 150-200 miles a day so I have more than enough driving experience. So idk I guess I may have to find some way to work on my CDL now and then when I turn 21 maybe I could just go right I to semi truck driving. But I'm still pissed off /rant

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Well today I kind of had my dream crushed (well postponed) when I found out that the minimum age to be a fed ex or UPS driver was 21.  [...]So idk I guess I may have to find some way to work on my CDL now and then when I turn 21 maybe I could just go right I to semi truck driving. But I'm still pissed off /rant

Do a GOOGLE for CDL Driving Schools in your area. The ones here take students at age 18.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Why am I still going to the V section when I know the place is full of spoilers? Because now I've seen my first real story spoiler in the title of a topic...

I hope the November/December rumors are true for the pc version of GTAV. (November sounds better imo haha :p ). Still super stoked for the game, regardless of all the negative stuff I've read so far! I still believe V might be better than IV...

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by AceKingston, 24 September 2013 - 03:32 AM.

The 'negative stuff' are trolls. On Youtube usually the negative ones are COD fanboys. Here they are just trolls. I can tell the difference between a legit critcism and a troll.

And the negative comments are only 'Driving is bad, handling is bad' and sometimes 'Can't buy properties'. I'm least bothered about those stuff considering there is a lot to compensate for it.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

I have an enemy combatant in my area. By that I mean there is a mouse on the loose in my house for the 2nd time this year. Someone told me they saw a mouse and I opened up the cupboard and sure enough was that brown black-eyed bastard tucked into some crap we had laying in there. We never had mice problems before until this past year. Anyway now I gotta find a way to capture this dude as a POW after he invaded my territory. So far I have set down some stick mouse traps. I also think I found where he came from after he ran under our oven. There was a massive hole in the wall near the floor that we will have to fix. I'm thinking of using some AB foam or something to patch it up since no ordinary patch up crap will fix it. I will not stop fighting until we either kill or capture our enemy. Hopefully we can capture him and set him free, but he isn't the type to just give up that easily. Either way I won't stop until I have the unconditional surrender of the mice forces.   

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by GunWrath, 24 September 2013 - 11:50 AM.

I have to agree with Hameer on the Radio Stations.. the music selection for V is rather dull and boring. Rock station has maybe 2 decent classic songs (Bob Seger) and Low Down has like 2 decent oldies (OOH Child, etc) other than that.. meh.. I'm not big on Fergie and the other sh*t music.

I normally roll with Low Down for the oldies but seems like every f*cking car I jack has that pop station on with Fergie or some other broad singing.. rather f*cking annoying.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Luckily I can listen to and enjoy almost all music (except maybe country), so the music in V won't be a problem for me. Plus, with the addition of a custom radio station in the pc version, I will add my entire music playlist. So that's a couple thousand extra songs right there :cool: .

I've never been disappointed by GTA music selections, and V is no different for me.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by ExtremeLimitations, 24 September 2013 - 02:22 PM.

I have to agree with Hameer on the Radio Stations.. the music selection for V is rather dull and boring. Rock station has maybe 2 decent classic songs (Bob Seger) and Low Down has like 2 decent oldies (OOH Child, etc) other than that.. meh.. I'm not big on Fergie and the other sh*t music.

I normally roll with Low Down for the oldies but seems like every f*cking car I jack has that pop station on with Fergie or some other broad singing.. rather f*cking annoying.

I have no problem for R* soundtrack on V (even though I haven't bought it yet, just read some info) since there is Queen, Def Leppard, Kenny Loggins, Foreigner, and other artists from LSRR which is pretty decent IMO. But if I have to say something about R* style of music, I wanted to bring back III era music most esp. VC and SA which has some of the iconic songs featured. Hope they apply this in the next GTA.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hate noisy people. Don't you hate it when you're trying to read in the library and then you hear some moron fumbling for the longest time in their bag of chips, and then like an idiot, chomp on the chips slowly and loudly without closing their mouths? Make me want to pick up the heaviest book and throw it at them.

About V's soundtrack: It is good in my opinion. The rap station and main rock station is good. Non-Stop pop is good at times. Everything else is iffy. The Rebel station is something I only like when I'm in the mood and cruising the countryside.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'm trying to sleep but there some noise out in the street that is annoying the hell out of me. It's like a truck engine or maybe a power generator. First I thought it was a garbage or delivery truck but has been sounding at the same volume for a good while. I've tried closing the window, even if it's a damn hot night over here, but I can still hear it.

I'm really tired and this is awful...

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:57 AM Edited by finn4life, 25 September 2013 - 08:11 AM.

I'm Grumpy today for one reason, one incident, a bike accident.

I was out riding today, I have some dirt jumps I built on a hillside near my house, the second attempt actually because the first were bulldozed because it's on a national park. Today I was riding there on my first attempt I hit the first jump fine, and then the second jump was a bit shaky, I landed a little too far down the down ramp and quite hard, I lost some speed and didn't have enough for the third jump so I decided to boost over it, as I pull up my handlebar breaks off (WHAT THE f*ck) and then I lose control and next thing i know I am sliding down the down ramp of jump 3 and my bike is happily flipping end over end down the hill. I get up and I have a big graze all up my left leg with gaps just by my ankle and my knee both of which are also grazed, 3 large grazes on my thigh and hip area, a deep graze on my elbow and another graze on my shoulder, my right leg is also bleeding. I go to look at my bike, and my handlebar has snapped off and has nasty jagged edges left on it, my pedal is snapped (It's a lightweight BMX plastic pedal) and my back wheel has a huge buckle in it, it's cracked, i've already bought a new Axle $180 and a new wheel this year which was around $175, and now I've f*cked my pedals, Rim and handlebars in one crash.

Oh also I went to take a photo, and surprise surprise, my phone is broken! Hooray! Yay! It still works but now the screen is more broken (it was already pretty f*cked) and the sreen while it responds to touch and I can answer calls, I can't see anything, it's dead black. I went straight down to the shops to get a new Galaxy S4 and a f*ckload of patches, they sell outright for $720, but the guy at the store said I'd be better of upgrading my plan instead so i'm going back tomorrow morning to do that. God f*cking dammit! Now I have almost a grands worth of stuff to fix and replace. Did I mention that my shorts have holes in them from the gravel? Yeah that got wrecked as well. Oh man this is annoying!

Also I'm having trouble backing my stuff up because I need to unlock my phone to do so, which is incredibly difficult when you can't see the code you're typing in. Errgghh!

t was over-hyped as f*cked and didn't deserve those scores the reviewers gave to it, or were they bribed?

Story way too short for a GTA game which contains only 69 missions, really? and they fitted like over 400 missions in GTA online, exclusive features for online. Grand Theft Auto shined in the SP part and they, like other companies, focused more on multiplayer. 

This was my most anticipated game ever, so I conjecture disappointment was to be expected. Though I admire the other things they have inserted but feels like, it was kinda over-hyped  :/

Yes they were bribed, that's what happens, it's obvious. I remember R* didn't allow a site to review R* games for like 3 years because it gave them a bad review. 
But read this, list of review scores for upcoming games, this was released in March by an ex-ign employee.

http://www.p4rgaming...ase-like-gta-v/

sh*tty driving? I agree and disagree, it's similar to IV but they removed that boaty feeling, but cars still take forever to get traction after a corner and it still feels sluggish. Yeah I realize it's supposed to be realistic, but I don't like it much.
Soundtrack is great IMO, far better than IV, not far off San Andreas, III and Vice City radio, it's really similar to San Andreas though, I don't see how you could hate it.

Lack of missions? Nah, I think there's heaps, plenty of side missions, especially compared to IV.

I like GTAV, At first I didn't but it's actually pretty damn good, It still feels far too sluggish for my liking, character animations are still a little slow and clunky, the fast paced feeling seems to be missing in many places compared to the arcadey III era games.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Puncture on my way to work today. Not to worry, I've got a can of tyre sealant in the safety kit. Oops, new car didn't come with a 12v compressor so I can't reinflate the tyre.

Crawl to the nearest tyre place, thinking "at least it's in the one odd tyre I have (a Continental, all the rest are Pilot Sport 3s). Turns out the rears are wearing unevenly and the inners are below the wear indicator, and the front is bordering on illegal. So four new Goodyear Eagle F1s plus four wheel alignment.

Even with a hefty discount I've spent £500 before breakfast on what are effectively consumables.

At least the replacements are good and cheaper than the PS3s. Four of those would have been nearly £750.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Puncture on my way to work today. Not to worry, I've got a can of tyre sealant in the safety kit. Oops, new car didn't come with a 12v compressor so I can't reinflate the tyre.

Crawl to the nearest tyre place, thinking "at least it's in the one odd tyre I have (a Continental, all the rest are Pilot Sport 3s). Turns out the rears are wearing unevenly and the inners are below the wear indicator, and the front is bordering on illegal. So four new Goodyear Eagle F1s plus four wheel alignment.

Even with a hefty discount I've spent £500 before breakfast on what are effectively consumables.

At least the replacements are good and cheaper than the PS3s. Four of those would have been nearly £750.

Your day sounds significantly worse than mine even if I am bleeding profusely from new orifices created 2 hours ago. But at least you have new tyres and aligned wheels, those things need to be done sooner or later.

Good news for me as well guys, I managed to get into my phone, I used this image below, and just resized it to the same size as my phone and used it as a guide to unlock my phone, pretty clever Idea I thought.

Resize.png

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just broke a nail.

Gutted.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

zaJ8WSF.jpg

Start Pumping.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by MrPeteyMax, 25 September 2013 - 11:07 PM.

What's with these damned 17 year old kids driving down the road at like 50 miles per hour? If I ever went over the limit it's not by more than 3-4mph. Kids and animals can walk out into the road you know. Where you going where you need to driving so fast?

Huh?

Slow Down.

Prick.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

@finn4life: I don't know about the soundtrack. It seems like it has the least variety in this series. Where is the R&B at, they couldn't have added 90's-early 00's R&B? It kind of sucks because that could've been good cruising music. I only like 4 stations in the game besides the talk stations that fade out all of the time.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Isn't the Radio supposed to representative of the West Coast during the Period of the Game?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

Isn't the Radio supposed to representative of the West Coast during the Period of the Game?

During the period of the game? Well there is 90's rap and 80's rock in the game riiiiiigggghht? IV was based in modern times and it had a variety of music. I don't see your point, dude.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I've been buying from Rockstar warehouse for years...tons of stuff. I always get at least one pack of stickers with my order.

My wife just surprised me with a Los Santos tee that was delivered today. No freaking stickers!!! What the f*ck? I want my stickers!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

I've been buying from Rockstar warehouse for years...tons of stuff. I always get at least one pack of stickers with my order.

My wife just surprised me with a Los Santos tee that was delivered today. No freaking stickers!!! What the f*ck? I want my stickers!

What if she's holding the stickers behind your back and will try to blackmail you with them at a later date?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users