Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

14,188 replies to this topic
Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

It appears that the respect system was removed. Guess the higher ups felt it was stupid and unnecessary. 

Human

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Trying to converse with my mother is extremely annoying. Whenever I try to talk to her she always says that I only see her when I need something. I then try to go visit her and hold a conversation with her, but then she just turns up her music or puts her ear-buds in and ignores me. I then ask her why she wants me to talk to her if she ignores me every time. Well a few loudly spoken words later and our would-be conversation is now an argument. When I try to find out what her interests are the same crap happens each time. I honestly don't understand what she expects me to do. Each time she talks to me about something it's the same repetitive crap about how she loves Maria Kerry or some other crap about music singers. Whenever I try to talk to her about real world events,science, or technology she always either gets angry at me for no apparent reason or turns her music up and ignores me even more. I really don't know what she expects me to do. 

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

One day my plane leaves

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

It appears that the respect system was removed. Guess the higher ups felt it was stupid and unnecessary. 

It's still here, you just have to hover your mouse over a user's name/ enter their profile to view it.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

Each time she talks to me about something it's the same repetitive crap about how she loves Maria Kerry or some other crap about music singers. Whenever I try to talk to her about real world events,science, or technology she always either gets angry at me for no apparent reason or turns her music up and ignores me even more. I really don't know what she expects me to do. 

Find a common interest or get interested in (or at least learned enough to discuss) what she's interested in. People mostly aren't going to change their interests to accommodate for you so you have to do it yourself.

Sometimes it's best to talk about whatever's going on currently. Is your mother baking? Ask her what she's baking. Comment on how good it smells. Is your mom listening to music? Ask her what she's listening to. Make small talk if you can't do anything else.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by gtamad8, 10 September 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Am I the only one who thinks there are too many pinned topics in the V section? I finally realised when this got pinned, I mean seriously... a thread about some guy who thinks backseat mods are pathetic, then the rest of the f*cking post is him being a backseat mod, not to mention this. No one reads it and whether they do or not people still post leaks, finally this topic is also really unnecessary apart from the fact we have a countdown in the V section already, the topic is RARELY updated, the thread is advertised as "counting down the days with the V timeline" there have only been 8 timeline points in the OP and the thread was updated 2 days ago. I remember being told loads of topics were being unpinned to "sort out the V section before launch" but now it's a distorted cesspool of bumped topics, troll topics and pinned topics.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

If I catch any of you using a cell phone while operating a car I will punch you in the throat. And I'm not just talking about using the phone like a phone, or even text messaging...even just checking in on notifications=punch to the throat.
  • tinman187 and Finn 7 five 11 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Sometimes I get myself worked up about how messy and problematic the V section can be but then I just think In one week everything will be different. I'm pissed I couldn't get my SE copy of V to arrive day one but oh well, hopefully it'll come that Friday. Til' then I'll have to avoid these forums :( because I don't want to spoil myself. Unfortunately I looked at the leaked map of V and I feel bad because it won't be a surprise anymore.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

This is my rant.

Can't Miley Cyrus go worse on her new music video? Don't know but it's far crass from before apart from the twerking in her previous music video.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

^well, that's what she gets and actually wants with these kind of videos and actions: attention. Just if people gave a f*ck each time she did a stupid thing...

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I'M RUSHING

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

The amount of sh*t GTA IV gets on this site is unprecedented. You can't go very far without someone taking a jab at it, even when the topic at hand has nothing to do with it. There's a difference between criticism and ragging on a game because it's the "hip" thing to do. It's almost as bad as how people bash COD at every turn because it makes them look cool. 

Meh. Opinions really are like assholes.

• rays727gta likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

The amount of racist comments in the V section, wow. I actually thought this forum was racist free but I've been a bit active in the V section of late and there are a lot of rude, insulting racist comments against blacks. 

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

The amount of racist comments in the V section, wow. I actually thought this forum was racist free but I've been a bit active in the V section of late and there are a lot of rude, insulting racist comments against blacks.

Don't even doubt about it mate, I've seen them a few times indeed. That's why I don't want to post anything on that forum.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Don't even doubt about it mate, I've seen them a few times indeed. That's why I don't want to post anything on that forum.

The only reason I went there was because I have a sudden insane urge to play GTA V. And I watched the gameplay trailer again and saw the leaked map and got really hyped. I can't believe that in 5 days we are going to actually play GTA V. Well at least not me, since I'm a PC gamer. Guess, I just have to content myself with watching gameplay videos on youtube (free-roam) until V releases for PC.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

The only reason I went there was because I have a sudden insane urge to play GTA V. And I watched the gameplay trailer again and saw the leaked map and got really hyped. I can't believe that in 5 days we are going to actually play GTA V. Well at least not me, since I'm a PC gamer. Guess, I just have to content myself with watching gameplay videos on youtube (free-roam) until V releases for PC.

The map looks kinda just like Panau on Just Cause 2. But anyways I can't wait to play it myself as well.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Everyone who calls Tower Bridge, London Bridge. It's a real pet hate because the bridge's are completely different from one another.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Don't you hate when someone who you even invited to be in your house gets harsh with you?

Well, it's like, "if you don't like the way I do things, get the f*ck out of my property you f*cking c*nt...".

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:59 PM Edited by StingrayX, 13 September 2013 - 10:59 PM.

I don't know if I should express this here as it is about GTA V but I am really pissed off at the gameplay of it. Here goes nothing:

So I'm pretty sure that many of you are aware of GTA V leaking right now. This is not a spoiler post so don't worry. People complained about IV's driving physics so much and it seems that Rockstar listened to them and then made a pretty bad mistake. They implemented physics that looks worse than Midnight Club: Los Angeles' driving. :sui:

I mean it feels like Rockstar and the reviewers hyped everything up higher than the game itself. I'm one to analyze every piece of info and well got my hype up but I wasn't expecting too much, or so I thought. I watched the leaked gameplay videos and then many of the driving videos. I literally felt my hype drop while watching these cars turn, speed, and crash. I mean the trailers looked so good. The game... not so good. The driving looks like Saints Row, San Andreas, and MC:LA physics mixed together. :barf: I don't even know if I should continue my pre order. This Friday the 13th has literally been a bad day for me. I know it sounds pathetic but I feel like I've wasted 2 years of my life following this game just to be disappointed. I drive like 90% of the time in GTA so driving is big. I don't know if I should get the game anymore, I'm thinking about cancelling my pre order. :(

Just putting that out here because I wanted to express my feelings without getting chewed out by some V section members. /rant

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

The V forum..that is all.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by AceKingston, 14 September 2013 - 02:48 AM.

I don't know if I should express this here as it is about GTA V but I am really pissed off at the gameplay of it. Here goes nothing:

So I'm pretty sure that many of you are aware of GTA V leaking right now. This is not a spoiler post so don't worry. People complained about IV's driving physics so much and it seems that Rockstar listened to them and then made a pretty bad mistake. They implemented physics that looks worse than Midnight Club: Los Angeles' driving. :sui:

I mean it feels like Rockstar and the reviewers hyped everything up higher than the game itself. I'm one to analyze every piece of info and well got my hype up but I wasn't expecting too much, or so I thought. I watched the leaked gameplay videos and then many of the driving videos. I literally felt my hype drop while watching these cars turn, speed, and crash. I mean the trailers looked so good. The game... not so good. The driving looks like Saints Row, San Andreas, and MC:LA physics mixed together. :barf: I don't even know if I should continue my pre order. This Friday the 13th has literally been a bad day for me. I know it sounds pathetic but I feel like I've wasted 2 years of my life following this game just to be disappointed. I drive like 90% of the time in GTA so driving is big. I don't know if I should get the game anymore, I'm thinking about cancelling my pre order. :(

Just putting that out here because I wanted to express my feelings without getting chewed out by some V section members. /rant

Cancelling your pre-order just because the driving looks like sh*t? How do you know that it is bad anyway, dude, remember you haven't even played the game yet even then cancelling your pre-order just because the driving is bad is like the stupidest thing ever, there are so many other features to make up for it.

Sorry if I sound rude, but what you are doing is very stupid mate.

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I hate this place. I've hated you all for a long time. This new look just makes it all crystal clear. I hate you guys. See you tomorrow.

• Shah Sam and Scaglietti like this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

@StingrayX - It doesn't look that bad. It'll just have to be something new we all have to get used to, like the weird cover system or default walking speed in IV. It can't be bad enough to take away from the rest of the game enough to make it a bad game, just a quirky feature that'll probably be tuned with future patches if absolutely needed.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

If I catch any of you using a cell phone while operating a car I will punch you in the throat. And I'm not just talking about using the phone like a phone, or even text messaging...even just checking in on notifications=punch to the throat.

Fair call, honestly I used to do it too much, I stopped lately, still fiddle at the lights though. It's just habit to use your phone at every occasion these days.

Anyway, I'm Grumpy because I agreed last night to go out again tonight. and I am not feeling it at all haha. I got home at 7:30am which is usually when I get to work, and I showered, went to bed and chucked on the night cap and ear plugs and slept until 3pm. Man I am regretting a few things from last night, and it's 3pm so there is like no time to really hang with anyone till I go out again. I am happy I got a solid sleep, but grumpy I slept the day away.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

@StingrayX:  Keep in mind that the majority of people I've seen driving must have 10 unopposable thumbs, so I would not judge the handling physics on those horrible drivers alone.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Although the GTA V forum is quite bad atm it doesn't really surprise me. People treat eachother like absolute garbage. :/

• Scaglietti likes this

Eris
  • Eris

hey bae

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

People in the V section give no f*cks. I'm pretty sure there is a "no discussing leaks" rule, but the Venizens just do not give a sh*t. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

I'm f*cking sick of dweeb pre-teenager hormonal boys posting spoilers in the thread titles. That includes features in the game.

For example

Thread Title: ZOMG: There's [list all wildlife here] in da gaem!!!!

It should be: List of wildlife in GTA V.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Although the GTA V forum is quite bad atm it doesn't really surprise me. People treat eachother like absolute garbage. :/

Make a forum called "Leaks & Spoilers Here" but make it so only the thread starter can see their threads :p they think they've posted a "lol hur hur I got the game early" thread for their digital penis length increase, and we don't have to put up with it :p

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

The console gamers who claim that piracy is the biggest issue on PC and yet go out of their way and pirate V for 360 and PS3 it's just pathetic. 

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

:^: You can't say anything even slightly negative over there or you'll be called a spoiled brat. :lol: @zoo, I looked at some footage, my last footage too (not going to look at anymore footage nor go into the V section until Tuesday) and I got my hopes up again. Some guy was driving an Oracle 1 and it looks very similar to IV's physics. I hope most of the sedans drive like that as sedans will be my main cars. Yeah I overreacted my first post :blush: but I love driving in GTA and it just haves to be suitable for me to enjoy it. I guess I can get used to the supercar handling a bit. :)

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Haiti

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

GTA has always had arcady driving except for IV. I think it's better that way as it keeps the action more fluid. Spending ages taking corners has no extra value in GTA and only slows the game down.

GTA IV had it's very own vibe in this respect. IV tried to compensate it's lack of features with a serious tone and 'realism', and that was fine back then, but I won't miss it. So yeah, I enjoy GTA going back to it's roots in this respect. And calling it 'like in Saints Row' is completely misplaced. Saints Row is a GTA rip off in every way, so acting like some feature is stolen from Saints Row is just nonsense.

I saw some driving in leaked footage, and thought it looked fine. It's more arcady than IV and I like that. Though the guys driving I've seen thusfar drive absolutely terrible, so I'll have to judge it for myself when the game is in my console and the controller is in my hands in a few days.

And the complaining about the damage in the V section is the biggest bullsh*t I've ever seen. Damage seems to look exactly the same as it did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users