Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 11:38)
People who create threads such as this get on my nerves. First of I just cannot stand people who tell others to get a life on a video gaming message board. Generalizing people's lives because they're excited about a game is just so very ignorant. Just because you're really excited for something does not mean that you don't have a life. In fact life is what you make it. Everyone has a life, as long as you're enjoying what you're doing you're living. Why do people like to generalize others on a forum who are really passionate about games such as GTA V? Is it because they have a pathetic need for feeling higher than everyone else or are they just extremely ignorant. whatsthat.gif Everyone has a f*cking life, stop saying get a life, stop saying oh you need a girlfriend just because someone is really into something that may seem menial to you. /rant.

It's a hobby, and people really like their hobbies. This is a really, really important addition to a lot of people's hobby of gaming.

Though like you said, some people want to feel superior, and they're picking the current scapegoat of gaming, which still has the weird connotation of being for children.

All that post is doing is jumping on the willful ignorance bandwagon. Congratulations cggc93, you don't enjoy gaming as much as these other people. Well done. Have cookie, here's your bottle and pacifier.

Deffpony's lock post is good at addressing that as well. But all you do is just report and move on, they're likely looking for attention or a circlejerk.

KFranchise
  • KFranchise

Marquess of Queensbury Rules only baby

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Harley @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 05:03)
This letter would've probably worked better as a letter.
Also lol at you for listening to Drake.

God forbid I listen to an artist before making judgment like you do right? Dickhead...

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Was pretty much addressing you liking Thank Me Later. White girl music, yo.
Don't get me wrong, I'll give anything a chance. But if I don't like it, I stop listening to it instead of throwing a bitch fit.

KFranchise
  • KFranchise

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Harley @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 13:36)
Don't get me wrong, I'll give anything a chance. But if I don't like it, I stop listening to it instead of throwing a bitch fit.

user posted image
Straight clown over here. Must be one of those kids who listen to hipster underground sh*t.
Also, this is a rant thread right? This is a thread to vent and not sounding like a ho, like you're doing, right? Why don't you shut your bitch mouth?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Ran a mile in Gym today. I'm the fattest guy in the class. I still beat a few people, but didn't get much out of it. That's not the problem.

Now, 4 hours later, my legs feel like sh*t. Every step I take my leg wants to cramp up. Running the mile wasn't tough, these next 48 or so hours... ugh.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Now you know. People who run are addicted to it. They have to do it everyday or get withdrawals. You are now in the Group wink.gif You now must do Half a mile a day or pain!

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (KFranchise @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 20:09)
QUOTE (Harley @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 13:36)

user posted image
Straight clown over here. Must be one of those kids who listen to hipster underground sh*t.
Also, this is a rant thread right? This is a thread to vent and not sounding like a ho, like you're doing, right? Why don't you shut your bitch mouth?

Nah, we just don't make a habit of listening to music marketed to fifteen year old girls.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Maybe this is considered as "Going against the grain" As a lot of users seem to love this, but for me, it's a genuine hate of mine now. And what I'm talking about is them .GIF signatures that change every time you refresh the page. I don't understand the fascination with this at all.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

Anti-Theft Packaging?
Purchased a bottle of 300 ct low dose Aspirin ™ it is 4 inches tall oval shaped 3 inches by 2 inches. The content barely covered a 1/2 of an inch of the concave bottom, I think most of the expense was for the cotton batting.

And then there is the Deceptive Photos of food on packaging. Clearly marked (somewhere) in tiny letters, "Image enlarged to show details of product." How much detail do you need to see of a cup cake?

My Mum was always buying Dry Roasted Peanuts for healthy snacks until I showed her that the labels were the same for the ‘bad oily’ peanuts.

Did you know they put salt in the sugar?
Have you noticed the concave bottom of yogurt and Ice Cream cups is getting deeper? Back in the olden days they were Flat.
That the standard Half-Gallon ice cream containers haven’t been Half-Gallons for years?

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 08:35)
Maybe this is considered as "Going against the grain" As a lot of users seem to love this, but for me, it's a genuine hate of mine now. And what I'm talking about is them .GIF signatures that change every time you refresh the page. I don't understand the fascination with this at all.

Those aren't gifs. They are using sig rotators, which change every time you go to a new page, not a refresh.(At least during my experiences with them). I don't see anything wrong with them. It allows people to have more than one sig. It's great for those that have a good amount of cool sigs, but don't want to only choose one.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Read the last posts of this thread. turn.gif Is it against the rules to have a contrasting view in the V section? I enjoy the V section at times but it annoys me when you have a negative opinion and get bashed for it. It is like everything is supposed to be rainbows and sunshine. A few members, including me, were discussing how weird the DB5 lookalike's rear fascia looked. The FRAIZER busts in and tells us that we should only use the topic to discuss what cars are in the game. I swear, it happens all of the time. You have a negative opinion, people have problems, even if your point is valid. Just imagine when V comes out sigh.gif No more of this, finally...

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Read the last posts of this thread. turn.gifIs it against the rules to have a contrasting view in the V section? I enjoy the V section at times but it annoys me when you have a negative opinion and get bashed for it. It is like everything is supposed to be rainbows and sunshine. A few members, including me, were discussing how weird the DB5 lookalike's rear fascia looked. The FRAIZER busts in and tells us that we should only use the topic to discuss what cars are in the game. I swear, it happens all of the time. You have a negative opinion, people have problems, even if your point is valid. Just imagine when V comes out sigh.gifNo more of this, finally...

Totally agreed, once I even received a 1 month temp ban just for having an opposite opinion from the "crowd".

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Totally agreed, once I even received a 1 month temp ban just for having an opposite opinion from the "crowd".

Oh come on, you can't honestly expect me to believe you got temp banned for a month for having an opposing opinion, thats a load of horsesh*t. You probably recieved a temp ban for flaming other members or trolling. The mods make mistakes but damn don't act like they're a bunch of f*cking idiots.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

So I'm walking out of the locker room at the YMCA, and a group of kids walking by laugh at eachother and they're all like "HOLY sh*tCOCK THERES A GIRL WALKING OUT OF THE MENS LOCKER ROOM SDJGHUSFIGHUOFISD"

f*cking kids these days

• lazy. likes this

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Members >>> Mods

Why? At least they reply to PMs.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by VF94, 06 September 2013 - 08:46 PM.

So I'm walking out of the locker room at the YMCA, and a group of kids walking by laugh at eachother and they're all like "HOLY sh*tCOCK THERES A GIRL WALKING OUT OF THE MENS LOCKER ROOM SDJGHUSFIGHUOFISD"

f*cking kids these days

bth_Jay.gif

• GTA_stu likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Members >>> Mods

Not all Moderators ignore their PM's. They get so many a day as it is, they can't really afford to sit and read them while they could be ensuring the forum is in order. Wait a while and you may get a reply...

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Not all Moderators ignore their PM's. They get so many a day as it is, they can't really afford to sit and read them while they could be ensuring the forum is in order. Wait a while and you may get a reply...

Read: X minutes ago

No need to hide now.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Members >>> Mods

Mods, the group that is constently sent PM and reports? And if you want a respond from them, sometimes you need to send more than one PM for them to respond.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

f*cking kids these days

Sounds like you need a beard.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

I hate it how so many people are putting ass and tits as their profile picture in order to get respected.
This whole system is just full of karma whores.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

f*cking kids these days

Long story short:

I(17/18yrs old) was in a RadioShack in NYNY getting a replacement bulb for a strobe light.  My girl was standing in front of me and I was behind her with my arms over her shoulders.  The dude behind the counter says "Are you a model?  A model to be?".  My chick points to herself and the dude looks back at me.  I say "me"?  and he replies with "Wait, you're a dude"!?

@weasel - Remember when your cable bill was $19 a month?  How about that new 12oz lb they came up with like 15 years ago?    

• Moth likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

I hate it how so many people are putting ass and tits as their profile picture in order to get respected.

Wait, you are telling me that people didn't put ass and tits in there sigs and avatars before this respect sh*t came about?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Wait, you are telling me that people didn't put ass and tits in there sigs and avatars before this respect sh*t came about?

No, but now people are doing it more than ever.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

No, but now people are doing it more than ever.

I haven't noticed. Let me guess, in the V forums?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

I haven't noticed. Let me guess, in the V forums?

I don't know, I've just seen them around more than usual.

KFranchise
  • KFranchise

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (KFranchise @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 20:09) QUOTE (Harley @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 13:36) Was pretty much addressing you liking Thank Me Later. White girl music, yo.
1349240124458.jpg
Nah, we just don't make a habit of listening to music marketed to fifteen year old girls

Whaa? I don't listen to his music anymore after Take Care. I agree the music he puts out now his ho-ish, but if you don't get the right to sh*t on me, just because I listened to Drake. It makes you sound so pathetic and a flatout bitch.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

@universetwisters - When I had long hair the waiters (mostly male) would always call me a young lady. I think I remember one calling me a "cute little girl."  :furious:  I guess it didn't help that I talked quietly and had feminine poses, but I always felt like sh*t every time we went out to eat.

That's what you get when you use a system like this, and combine it with people who want attention online (ie: everyone who writes things online ever). At least there's no downvote system, unless you count member ratings (which will probably disappear soon anyway).

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

While I'm loving the new layout of the forums, the only thing I rant about this new layout is the glitch that happens everytime I edit my post, the special colors on my text are removed. I hope they can still fix this.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Boy is preordering a bitch.

9406ff9d021adc3aa7458e6c8c5b4e49.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users