Grumpy Old Forumers

10,120 replies to this topic
The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 20:01)
QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 15:20)
QUOTE (SomeManForGTA @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 17:11)
I made a thread in the V section about the relationship between Franklin and Trevor. There was the usual 11-14 year old morons who spammed thier stupidity. But there was some good conversation between some other members and I. All of a sudden the thread gets locked for no stated reason. Not even an arrogant admin just writing "LOCKED". And then shortly it was completely deleted. All the while theres a thread about "monekys" in gta 5 and a thread about cheats for the 5000th time. What the hell?

Relax, you've not got long until this is all over and you can have a decent conversation within the V section. smile.gif

I don't know who told you that load of horsesh*t. That forum has been steadlity getting worse, and will continue to do so until well after the release of V. For now you just have to grit your teeth.

Ha, I remember when you would have a reasonable discussion in the V forum, not a bunch of preteens displaying their new vocabulary and trying to mimic intelligent beings (and failing badly).

He means after V is released. It'll be the same old sh*t for a few weeks than all the kids/trolls will leave. Most of the users in the V section aren't really GTA fans, they're ordinary gamers on the GTA 5 bandwagon. They will leave and won't return until the next GTA.

Have you seen a recent poll up there? It asked would you ever play GTA 4 again after GTA 5. And the majority of the votes said no. And if you look at the comments, 90% of people who said no have only been here since june and 100% of their posts are in the V section.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 07:47)
just ignore trolls and petty arguments.

But then there'd be nothing left of the V section!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

TV these days:

- Auction and pawnshop docu-realities every-f*cking-where. Seriously.
- Discovery Channel has become into some repetitive crap, the History Channel into a ghost and aliens channel and traveling one is just full of cooking and bland documentaries.
- Movies: Van Damme, Westerns and Charles Bronson dozingoff.gif
- Commercials. Everywhere. There's no escape.

And I don't want to start with the dumb "debate" shows, retarded realities and celebrities...

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:28)
TV these days:

- Discovery Channel has become into some repetitive crap, the History Channel into a ghost and aliens channel and traveling one is just full of cooking and bland documentaries.

And I don't want to start with the dumb "debate" shows, retarded realities and celebrities...

Haha! You've pretty much summed up my TV. But I'll also add about a gazillion news channels to the list. They are everywhere with new ones being added all the time these days. I just read about yet another news channel with ties to our president that's coming or something suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

And then they take away all the good music channels too...

And what's up with that brand new tela novella channel!!! confused.gif

Not to mention all the repeats!

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Auction and pawnshop docu-realities every-f*cking-where. Seriously.

I actually really enjoy the pawn-shop shows, it's a nice change, was getting pretty tired of Soap Operas and sitcoms being the only shows on TV, hence why I actually stopped watching TV, because there was nothing original. At least the Pawn shop shows you learn about a lot of items, get to watch people wigging the f*ck out, and I dunno, just interesting stuff.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 13:58)

I actually really enjoy the pawn-shop shows, it's a nice change, was getting pretty tired of Soap Operas and sitcoms being the only shows on TV, hence why I actually stopped watching TV, because there was nothing original. At least the Pawn shop shows you learn about a lot of items, get to watch people wigging the f*ck out, and I dunno, just interesting stuff.

Gotta admit that I enjoy one of them which is set in Las Vegas, there's a bald guy who can't stop laughing everytime and of everything that happens smile.gif However, many of them are clearly scripted and are ridiculous and annoying.

And then there are some really stupid and uninteresting shows like the one of the guys who manufacture fishbowls and there was another about I think commercial mall employees (I saw an advertisement once). Who the hell cares about it? Is it really worth a show?

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 16:17)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 13:58)

Gotta admit that I enjoy one of them which is set in Las Vegas, there's a bald guy who can't stop laughing everytime and of everything that happens smile.gif

Yeah Pawn Stars. I like it. Chumlee is hilarious (the dumb one)

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

After reading the last few comments in this thread, you know what's pissing me off right now? All of these snooty, pretentious pricks who feel the desire to establish themselves as part of the "more mature" squadron of these forums by constantly bashing the V section. Way to completely discredit the MANY, MANY members who contribute to that section with great input and hard work - particularly in the 'Mapping Los Santos' thread.

I think some of you are forgetting why you joined these forums in the first place...

PriestGoneWild
  • PriestGoneWild

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

I have a buddy............

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

So my gym has these new fa**ot ass kids, probably around 13 or so, that come in a group of 6 or 7, hogging up 4 machines at a time just to sit there talking and making a horrible attempt at working out. I mean there was one kid, big fat motherf*cker, who got on the bench with his entire head hanging off, then put 2s on the bar, with his hands damn near in the middle, doing what looked like a skullcrusher, thinking he was benching. Then his retarded gorilla looking friend comes over to the cables doing some workout that I think was supposed to be triceps, but it looked like he was just copying my back workout that I was doing. Literally every person in my gym hates these kids.

I'm not dissing them for being young and trying to work out (although that sometimes annoys me too), but rather for being a bunch of nuisances, a pitiful disgrace to respectable gyms everywhere. And no, it's not because they're young. There's another kid who's probably only 12, comes in with his dad or one of his friends, they at least attempt to seriously work out. They get the form down before lifting heavier weight, they don't hog machines to stand around bullsh*tting. It seems to me like they're actually serious about working out instead of hanging out clowning in everyone's way, just so you can go home and brag to your "non lifting" friends about how much you did at the gym today.

Tl;dr, f*ck kids who show up to the gym and f*ck around, they get no respect from me.

And the V forum is just dreadful now. Some good new members but way too many f*cking goofballs thag might as well be trolls. Can't even maintain a functioning discussion.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

One thing that pisses me off on all forums but mainly here is that people think post count is everything! Not dissing anyone who has a high post count, that's great but its post quality that counts. Its about always replying with relevant responses and having constructive discussion more than replying "no." in every topic that you think is pointless.

Its a f*cking joke the number of people who have reached 1000+ posts in like 2 weeks, sure if your contributing heavily and those posts are good in quality then good for you, but most people are just asswholes and will reply anything just to get there post count up!

*flips table*

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 19:15)
Its about always replying with relevant responses and having constructive discussion more than replying "no." in every topic that you think is pointless.

Oh.. rolleyes.gif

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Linky!!!
^People like this annoy the sh*t out of me. And take a glance at his disrespect list. Why do people act like this? confused.gif

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 16:34)
After reading the last few comments in this thread, you know what's pissing me off right now? All of these snooty, pretentious pricks who feel the desire to establish themselves as part of the "more mature" squadron of these forums by constantly bashing the V section. Way to completely discredit the MANY, MANY members who contribute to that section with great input and hard work - particularly in the 'Mapping Los Santos' thread.

I think some of you are forgetting why you joined these forums in the first place...

You're f*cking kidding yourself if you think the V section hasn't gone to sh*t. Yeah, it wasn't that spectacular pre-2011, but at least people didn't throw around insults left and right because of differing opinions, and troll topics were generally quickly dealt with. Now, there are so many of them, it's like the mods can't be bothered to deal with them all, and I don't blame them one bit. A lot of topics turn into stupid racist debates for the most ridiculous reasons, and manage to go on for 20+ pages.

Someone here even made a point that good threads like the "Mapping Los Santos" were un-pinned and replaced with less desireable ones.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Not really. And I'll tell you why. Most people that showed up in the forum and are 'weathered' here. None of them are 'pretentious'. I don't remember trolling or cursing out members constantly over silly things, even when the IV forum was lit up like Vegas because of its imminent release. The V section has gone to sh*t, and if you think anybody is snooty or pretentious over it, you must at least be a young kid who feels like he's a part of a good community. And if you believe that, you're not.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

I was doing codecademy, and...
http://i.imgur.com/QOLQt07.jpg?1

Wut.

It's...good, but waaay to specific for getting it right.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 18:56)

Not really. And I'll tell you why. Most people that showed up in the forum and are 'weathered' here. None of them are 'pretentious'. I don't remember trolling or cursing out members constantly over silly things, even when the IV forum was lit up like Vegas because of its imminent release. The V section has gone to sh*t, and if you think anybody is snooty or pretentious over it, you must at least be a young kid who feels like he's a part of a good community. And if you believe that, you're not.

The problem is that topics like the Mapping LS one are one in a million. If even half of the topics created were any good then people wouldn't be as critical of the V sect. Even worse is the fact that it's starting to spill over into gen chat. Only good that will come of this is that it will clear itself up a month or two after release...Hopefully.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 14:28)
TV these days:

My TV has all that with addition of some sh*tty show about random people's lives. It's about how random family has troubles in life and then they solve it through the episode. My family is addicted to that sh*t. And what's worse, is that there is 5 exact f*cking same shows but with different name and cast and they are all airing close to each other so there is a few hours of this sh*t non-stop.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 05:56)

Pfft everyone always says "Oh it was better back in the day" when in reality it was probably just the same, most people just remember back on things more fondly than they should. I agree that the V section was less crazy a couple years ago, but less crazy doesn't equal better, it equals boring.

There is plenty of discussion to be had there, and complaining about it is getting hold, been hearing it every day since I joined.

@Kwandilibro, perhaps you could explain to them how to do stuff properly, at least you don't have to cringe while looking at them.

Hollowpoints
  • Hollowpoints

Poop like a Derp!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Don't you hate it when you go to a public restroom and some dickhead doesn't flush the toilet?

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 01:18)
Pfft everyone always says "Oh it was better back in the day" when in reality it was probably just the same, most people just remember back on things more fondly than they should. I agree that the V section was less crazy a couple years ago, but less crazy doesn't equal better, it equals boring.

There is plenty of discussion to be had there, and complaining about it is getting hold, been hearing it every day since I joined.

@Kwandilibro, perhaps you could explain to them how to do stuff properly, at least you don't have to cringe while looking at them.

Meh, it goes in cycles. I lurked around the time of SA's release and people moaned then. I joined on IV's release and people moaned then. And now I'm back again for V's release and it's happening again...

The point is the sections will get more filled with sh*t for each new game because the games are more eagerly anticipated than before so they attract more idiots and imbeciles. That's just the law of averages speaking.

The law of averages also means that there has been and will be more intelligent discussion in that forum -- we just need to wait for the storm to pass beforehand, which it will.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:30 AM Edited by AceKingston, 22 August 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Edit: Ignore my previous rant.

I hate it in GTA IV, that when you want a car really bad, that the streets are empty and there isn't a single car. I was doing a mission in which I had to catch a guy and I didn't get a car for sometime and by the time I got one, the guy already escaped.

Řvęń
  • Řvęń

( ͝ ͜ʖ͡)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 11:30)

I hate it in GTA IV, that when you want a car really bad, that the streets are empty and there isn't a single car. I was doing a mission in which I had to catch a guy and I didn't get a car for sometime and by the time I got one, the guy already escaped.

Don't blame it on the game sigh.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 17:14)

This has been a problem with every GTA game. tounge.gif

Once you find a car, it'd be everywhere.

Řvęń
  • Řvęń

( ͝ ͜ʖ͡)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 11:49)

Thought you said, you couldn't find a car.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:57 AM Edited by AceKingston, 22 August 2013 - 12:11 PM.

QUOTE (Hameer @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 17:26)

I couldn't find a car for sometime. When I found it, it was too late. tounge.gif

Řvęń
  • Řvęń

( ͝ ͜ʖ͡)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 11:57)
QUOTE (Hameer @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 17:26)

I couldn't find a care for sometime. When I found it, it was too late. tounge.gif

So this answer was irrelevant right? moto_whistle.gif

QUOTE (Mr.Vinu)

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

^ I still don't get it. I mean't that I couldn't find a car for something and once I found a car it was everywhere, if that is what you are asking.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 22:44)

I don't believe he is. I believe he is simply complaining about IV's clunky mechanics. I swear stealing a car in a hurry was near impossible, Niko has the slowest f*cking animation getting into a car, getting out, changing weapons, climbing over things. It's awful.

Řvęń
  • Řvęń

( ͝ ͜ʖ͡)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

So here you're saying you couldn't catch the guy because there wasn't any car.

Here you're talking about a totally different scenario that vehicles appear when you find one. notify.gif

I can't find any relation between those posts? If there is, I need to go to the doctor.

I believe you're exasperated by the fact that you couldn't catch that guy because there wasn't any conveyance on the road. And once you got in the car, the road wasn't empty like "why those f*cking cars didn't appear then?"

Sorry if I sounded stupid here, I haven't slept for 2 days ........................................................................................................................................................... What? this is the end, stop hovering your cursor here!

Hameer commits suicide

Oh.......

Hameer resurrects

QUOTE (fin4life)
I don't believe he is. I believe he is simply complaining about IV's clunky mechanics. I swear stealing a car in a hurry was near impossible, Niko has the slowest f*cking animation getting into a car, getting out, changing weapons, climbing over things. It's awful.

Well, considering this is a 2008 game which was to be released in '07 and Rocky's 1st HD game, this was to be expected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users