Photo

Grumpy Old Forumers

12,480 replies to this topic
Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:21 AM Edited by rudy., 31 July 2013 - 05:33 AM.

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 04:16)
Huge theatre rant!

Just be happy that you didn't happen to go to some adult movies and end up having to hear people's JERKING-OFF sounds.

Also..

QUOTE (you)
There was a mentally retarded man in that theater tonight.

QUOTE (you again)
What kind of douche allows someone they SHOULD know has mental problems and bring them into a theater to annoy everyone within earshot (Which was everyone in the theater) and do NOTHING to stop it.

Not trying to be a dick but care to explain how that makes him a mentally retarded person?

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

Because he laughed every 5 seconds. It's not like they were watching Rhod Gilbert either, I can't really imagine a kid's movie being that funny.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 08:46)
Because he laughed every 5 seconds. It's not like they were watching Rhod Gilbert either, I can't really imagine a kid's movie being that funny.

So if someone laughs at something which is no-f*ckin-where near funny then that makes them mentally retarded automatically?

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 08:51)

So if someone laughs at something which is no-f*ckin-where near funny then that makes them mentally retarded automatically?

Well, probably. I'd need to hear the laugh first.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:51)

It doesn't matter. The point he was making is that is was annoying. Pretty sure most 13 year olds throw around slang like "Gay" and "retarded" it's just commonplace.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 01:32)
Yeah, I got used to the current-gen games now, so makes it hard to experience the old nostalgic feeling in SA or Vice.

Do you play on SD or HD tv?

6th gen consoles look a lot better on SD tvs, simply because HD is way too precise so everything is a blurry mess. The graphics on SH3 are seriously at 360 level on an SD TV compared to an HD tv, it will make you enjoy it so much more.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 20:40)
Yeah, I got used to the current-gen games now, so makes it hard to experience the old nostalgic feeling in SA or Vice.

6th gen consoles look a lot better on SD tvs, simply because HD is way too precise so everything is a blurry mess.

Huh?
It's because most HD TV's are larger than the old CRT televisions so the pixels are stretched out. Also because the aspect ratios are different. Put the aspect ratio on your HD TV to 4:3 and shrink the picture down and it'll look fine.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 22:49)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 20:40)

6th gen consoles look a lot better on SD tvs, simply because HD is way too precise so everything is a blurry mess.

Huh?
It's because most HD TV's are larger than the old CRT televisions so the pixels are stretched out. Also because the aspect ratios are different. Put the aspect ratio on your HD TV to 4:3 and shrink the picture down and it'll look fine.

Dude, I did that aspect ratio and it still looks terrible at that size. My SD tv and HD tv are the same size but when I play DMC3 or FFXII, on the SD tv it looks great and crisp while on the HD tv its literally a blur of pixels and I can't see anything. Its just that HD is just that; high definition and most games aren't supposed to be run at that high def so its all pixelated.

I could get you some pics but I don't have a caption card, this video should show you what I mean (the gameplay part highlights it well):

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 06:02)
Dude, I did that aspect ratio and it still looks terrible at that size. My SD tv and HD tv are the same size but when I play DMC3 or FFXII, on the SD tv it looks great and crisp while on the HD tv its literally a blur of pixels and I can't see anything. Its just that HD is just that; high definition and most games aren't supposed to be run at that high def so its all pixelated.

I think it's because the CRT televisions usually have higher refresh rates. Pixels on HD TVs sit until they're told to change, on CRT TVs the picture has to constantly be refreshed or it'll disappear which'd make for a crisper image.

@finn4life - I've heard people use "retarded", but Mr. Pizza called the guy mentally retarded, that one has intention behind it most of the time.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 21:25)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 06:02)

I think it's because the CRT televisions usually have higher refresh rates. Pixels on HD TVs sit until they're told to change, on CRT TVs the picture has to constantly be refreshed or it'll disappear which'd make for a crisper image.

"Sit until told to change" This is only true for LCD televisions, Plasmas redraw the pixel each time the picture refreshes just like CRT televisions.

I think the main problem with blur for SD games on HD televisions is because CRT's refresh rate matched the input. Whereas Plasma and LCD have fixed refresh rates, so if the input does not meet that, they have to add in extra frames which causes blurriness. Combine this with generally larger picture and a couple other minor issues and you get that horrid blur.

So it's not due to HD, it's due to the panel.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 02:25)
QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:51)

It doesn't matter. The point he was making is that is was annoying. Pretty sure most 13 year olds throw around slang like "Gay" and "retarded" it's just commonplace.

No he literally was retarded. We have a group home here where a lot of them go to be cared for. They're allowed to walk around town because most can find their way back the the home. This one I believe was alone, so my point about someone else bringing him in is really cancelled.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

I just got braces on. They f*cking suck.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

My little step brother constantly wants to play video games when he's at my apartment, I'm talking about playing for 1-3 hours, and expects me to sit there and watch him play. He can go home (which is the apartment next door.) and play games there, instead he wants to come over here and play. He only comes over on the weekend every 2 weeks, but I don't care, I don't like sitting there watching him play MY games in MY apartment, so I make him stop and he then looks at me all sad like I'm the bad guy for not wanting to watch him play a f*cking video game.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

This whole year has sucked for me so far. F*ck 2013. icon14.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 11:36)
I just got braces on. They f*cking suck.

It'll be worth it in the end though,

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 21:40)
This whole year has sucked for me so far. F*ck 2013.  icon14.gif

Sounds about right. icon14.gif

Even though 2013's been better then 2012 by quite a bit. Still hasn't been a great year.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 22:48)
QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 21:40)
This whole year has sucked for me so far. F*ck 2013.  icon14.gif

Sounds about right. icon14.gif

Even though 2013's been better then 2012 by quite a bit. Still hasn't been a great year.

For me 2012 was my best year ever. It really just completely sucks coming off from such
high great times to really bs lows.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

Ah, well. I nearly was homeless for a while. For about a week I was sleeping on my parent's living room sofa in a one bedroom apartment.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 23:31)
Ah, well. I nearly was homeless for a while. For about a week I was sleeping on my parent's living room sofa in a one bedroom apartment.

Damn, hope things are fairly better now for ya.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

Definitely doing better now. Have my own place, not having to worry about money as much as I used to (Still worry of course.)

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Shenmue18 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 04:42)
Definitely doing better now. Have my own place, not having to worry about money as much as I used to (Still worry of course.)

Well at least you are in a better situation icon14.gif

OT: I dislike how people flame each other for making a point, by this I mean, some members don't get a chance to express their feelings, I know there are some stupid threads in the V Section but the worthwhile ones get ruined by people flaming.. confused.gif

And hopefully posting here goes better than last time

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 18:26)

OT: I dislike how people flame each other for making a point, by this I mean, some members don't get a chance to express their feelings, I know there are some stupid threads in the V Section but the worthwhile ones get ruined by people flaming.. confused.gif

The V section is bad generally. Take a look at the SR IV topic, for example. Like SRIV? Screw you, here's some insults.

It's inevitable from a large userbase, especially with an influx of inexperienced users that are teenagers.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (RedDaggerXL @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 20:31)
QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 18:26)

OT: I dislike how people flame each other for making a point, by this I mean, some members don't get a chance to express their feelings, I know there are some stupid threads in the V Section but the worthwhile ones get ruined by people flaming..  confused.gif

The V section is bad generally. Take a look at the SR IV topic, for example. Like SRIV? Screw you, here's some insults.

It's inevitable from a large userbase, especially with an influx of inexperienced users that are teenagers.

Yeah, the V section has always been bad and that is understandable but I still think its unfair for posters to get flamed and then their topics locked due to the comments getting out of hand confused.gif

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

You know the people who rent houses? f*ck all of them! The person renting one of our houses moved out. She owes us money. We go to the house after they left and gave us back the keys. There are roaches and spiders everywhere, the carpet has stains and rubbish on it, and the linoleum tile had stains from spilled drinks and stuff. I could almost swear this lady went onto an episode of one of those hoarder shows and cancelled the entire gig after they cleaned up the majority of her sh*te. The majority of the doorknobs there were stuck and loose. This place was an absolute disgusting mess. If you are currently renting a home please make sure to at least have the carpets clean when you leave.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

I'm getting sick and tired of family. I just want a day to myself without anyone interrupting or annoying me but that is too much to ask. Almost very f*cking day this summer I'm in the gameroom trying to enjoy my shows or play the game and then my sister(older than me) busts in and she's always changing the channel to something stupid or -- I just feel like sometimes she comes in just to annoy me because she knows I don't want to be bothered. Sometimes I don't care but days like today I don't want to be bothered with anyone.
I just want those days where I just won't be bothered by anyone. This summer just sucks ass, I cannot wait until school begins again.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 21:26)
I'm getting sick and tired of family. I just want a day to myself without anyone interrupting or annoying me but that is too much to ask. Almost very f*cking day this summer I'm in the gameroom trying to enjoy my shows or play the game and then my sister(older than me) busts in and she's always changing the channel to something stupid or -- I just feel like sometimes she comes in just to annoy me because she knows I don't want to be bothered. Sometimes I don't care but days like today I don't want to be bothered with anyone.
I just want those days where I just won't be bothered by anyone.

Man, I know how you feel, I can never get a day to myself it's annoying, someone always wants me for stupid reason, Privacy is by far the best policy

And I removed the last line of your post because I am happy enough off school after the long year I just f*cking had of it

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Another problem:
suicidal.gif I've been looking forward to heading out of town all week and now my sister says she has to work on Saturday. What's even worse is that she says next weeks schedule comes out Saturday, til then she doesn't know if she works Sunday or not. So possibly these plans to get out of the house could be cancelled. dozingoff.gif It's not my sister's fault, it's her stupid job's fault.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (018361 @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 07:15)
You know the people who rent houses? f*ck all of them! The person renting one of our houses moved out. She owes us money. We go to the house after they left and gave us back the keys. There are roaches and spiders everywhere, the carpet has stains and rubbish on it, and the linoleum tile had stains from spilled drinks and stuff. I could almost swear this lady went onto an episode of one of those hoarder shows and cancelled the entire gig after they cleaned up the majority of her sh*te. The majority of the doorknobs there were stuck and loose. This place was an absolute disgusting mess. If you are currently renting a home please make sure to at least have the carpets clean when you leave.

I can't believe people who deface other people's homes like this, it's awful. You need to be so careful who you're allowing to rent, full rental history and stuff is important to have. If I ever rented a house I would live with the person for a week to make sure they weren't up to any funny business, plus a lot of inspections.

I can't stand lending stuff to people due to paranoia of it getting broken, aside from a few close friends.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

I was nice today.....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 02:47)
I can't stand lending stuff to people due to paranoia of it getting broken, aside from a few close friends.

I'm the same. I very rarely lend anything to anybody because of this overarching paranoia that it will not come back to me in one piece.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (018361 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 20:15)

Hell, man, you guys are the weird ones for renting an apartment to a junkie. What did you expect? Martha Stewart and Oprah modern cleanliness; the whole shabang?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users