Grumpy Old Forumers

10,381 replies to this topic
trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 07:18)
There is no f*cking reason that an 80 hour pay period should net you a $350 paycheck.

Wow. That does suck. You've got reason to be cranky I guess. How can you live on $150 a week?

But hey...at least it is officially taken out of your check, and if you are in the states you can get a good chunk back in your tax return.

Here is what has me grumpy:
user posted image

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 16:27)
People who giddily clap and cheer for the discrimination of homosexuals need to be bent over and given a prostate exam with a lubed-up butchers knife.
Though, I must thank them for one thing - most pieces of sh*t can't be seen and when you step on them, the smell hangs about you all day long. Yet they, at least, have the good grace to label themselves as pieces of sh*t with such enlightened comments as this:

I don't blame Russia.
I hate gay people.

What can I say to that? Well, I can start by giving a great big 'Go f*ck yourself' to your religion, your country, your culture and your traditions - basically all the shields you throw up to deflect the criticisms of the sane when they call you out on your ignorant bullsh*t. Secondly, I can wish you nothing but misfortune and pain in your life, I can wish you a shallow existence of running and hiding and mockery - the same sorry life you're more than happy to see gay people lead.
Perhaps if you endured that, you'd develop the smallest germ of empathy, the tiniest spark of humanity. But no, who am I kidding? All you'd do is clutch your dusty old storybook, fall to your knees and suck off the same God who watched impassively as you grew into such a repugnant c*nt.
Perhaps one day we can pull off your skin, cart you off to a museum and lock you up behind a glass case with all the other fossils?

I wasn't able to share my thoughts on the original topic so here are my sentiments.

They don't morally understand the value of how they can treat the homosexuals as equal amongst the human race. For most part I'm with the equalization of LGBT rights and against those people trying to discriminate their sexuality. That quote is simply offensive in nature for gay people, I mean seriously who would like to see that comment being blatantly shown to other people, especially amongst those who were gay. My sentiments on those people who are blatantly saying negativity on gay people here on forums: you are human and so they (LGBT) are, we should treat them with equality and not being totally discriminated. The more hate they get, the willing they will fight for their rights and I agree with them.

@Mr.Mordecai - I'm one of those Christians who have sympathy on LGBT rights. When the time comes that I would be the leader of my country, I'm surely going to pass laws which will give equality on our folks out there. I don't care if I'm going to be excommunicated for my act such as passing the same-sex marriage, so as long as I state my own sentiments on protecting LGBT rights. Cause we are still humans.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 10:27)
QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 07:18)
There is no f*cking reason that an 80 hour pay period should net you a $350 paycheck.

Wow. That does suck. You've got reason to be cranky I guess. How can you live on $150 a week?

But hey...at least it is officially taken out of your check, and if you are in the states you can get a good chunk back in your tax return.

Here is what has me grumpy:
user posted image

Oh good, more shoobies on the way.. dozingoff.gif

Speaking of shoobies, they really annoy me. I hate how they act around here on the shore. They act like they live here and have gone to the beach everyday.

Listen you wrinkly, overweight, old ass motherf*ckers. You're not from here. You weren't raised here. You don't know how it's like here. You don't know sh*t about the shore. All you know is that we have a beach and an ocean to swim in, that's it. Don't act like you know where all the hot spots are, and where this and that is. You're f*cking tourists. We don't know you, and you don't know us, so don't act like you do.

Oh, and don't paint your car with "jersey girl 4 life" when you have a f*cking Pennsylvania license plate. Surprisingly I have seen this twice within a matter of 3 weeks.

TL;DR - f*ck shoobies.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 12:10)
TL;DR - f*ck shoobies.

Everyone I work with has a shore home. tounge.gif

Heck, my family even had a hotel in Wildwood(2 blocks off the boardwalk) in the 70's-80's.

It's a trade off...we have to deal with Jersey people coming across the bridge for Delaware Ave clubs, South Street, and sh*t like that. biggrin.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 10:42)
Get a mind of your own omenofficial, don't let your laws bring yo I down to their level.

I do have a mind of my own. Why do you think my religion affects anything?

Anyway, I've had a really short temper really and I've changed as a person.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 12:39)
Get a mind of your own omenofficial, don't let your laws bring yo I down to their level.

[/IMG]http:///instances/400x/39676121.jpg[/IMG]

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 17:47)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 12:39)

user posted image

That's a really old pic and it's spelt differently.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 21 July 2013 - 09:11 PM.

-I really shouldn't have posted this sh*t-

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

user posted image

Maybe it needs to be longer?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 21 July 2013 - 09:12 PM.

-^Yeah, sorry if it offended you man sad.gif -

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Holy sh*t. You made 175 posts today. That's almost my whole post count in one day.

Edit:

178 now. lol

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 21 July 2013 - 09:12 PM.

-nevermind-

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

I would say.

But just pace yourself a little between posts and you shouldn't have to put up with the flood control as much. It's like talking in real life, sometimes you need to take a moment to breathe. lol

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

If you rant over a f*cking minute of flood control then you're indeed a spammer. Forum games are for fun, but not constant fun because a discussion forum for me isn't to participate in games every god damn second answering questions/trivias in every single subforum. I think the flood control is just fine because it's a discussion forum, where you aren't answering single word posts but discussing with people from time to time.

Yes, I'm pissed off with stuff, yes feel free to flame me.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 21 July 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Opinion Respected colgate.gif

Post Deletion stops here....

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Why do people care about smokers so much? Like, I understand if you dislike it and don't want people to smoke around you, I can deal with it, but it's quite silly to get mad over it.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 23:02)
^No I wont flame you, I respect your opinion. It never really bothered me before I just find it annoying that if I wanted to make a post or something I dont want to have to wait all the time. Anyway, I shouldnt have really posted that anyway, it was just getting on my nerves...

And thanks Tacymist, I have been putting up with it until today smile.gif

It's nothing personal with you though! I just think forum games are sometimes a bit pointless.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

^It's alright, I understand what you were saying smile.gif Some days I'm very discussion heavy and others (like today) Im just posting wherever. Thanks for the feedback man

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 21:11)
I tell you what I hate, flood control, its absolutely horrible. I understand why it is put in place and I think that this is really good and everything but I can't through 2 posts without that stupid message popping up. It's horrific. I have to wait the longest minute of my life to post something that really isnt as much as the wait. What to you expect me to do for that minute??? It's absolutely the worst idea anyone has ever come up with, I prefer the Verification code rubbish than this! It needs changing or something because its driving me up the wall knowing that if this post was quite short I would have to wait 60 more f*cking seconds
/RANT

Well some people would want to post things that aren't necessarily spam, but just things like 'nice post' or 'yes'. It means most people only post lots if they know what they're posting is going to be worth it.

Plus, spammers sometimes hire real people to get round captchas/verifications. Forums that aren't moderated well but have captcha verification still get spammed to hell because the people are getting paid for it, or are spamming their own site.

Just look at any recently uploaded popular video - you see the same spam messages, be it channels, websites, blogs or downloads, from the same accounts. The captcha verification only lessens the blow that bots would give.

Though it can be annoying if you're holding multiple conversations over multiple topics, it's definitely for the best.

Still annoying for the average user, just be glad your post will get seen tounge.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

^You say that but I suppose that I am kind of sad that I ever wrote that post now, you know whats its like, when you want to express your feelings but dont know what the outcomes going to be like. I guess that what I posted was in a way wrong because in as much as I hate flood control I don't think that it should be dismissed as a feature because it is helping keep the spam down and everything but also when you want to post legitimate posts and cannot be bothered to wait it becomes very annoying. People dont go on the forums all day (as they have a life) but when they are on I dont think they just wait just to post some stuff. Oh well, now that I have wrote it I suppose I can't undo it tounge.gif

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Ain't nothing wrong with blowing off some steam. See how much calmer you are now? It's because you got that off your chest, that's what the thread's here for anyway. So it's all good.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Tacymist @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 22:24)
Ain't nothing wrong with blowing off some steam. See how much calmer you are now? It's because you got that off your chest, that's what the thread's here for anyway. So it's all good.

I suppose, it wasn't bothering me that much though, it was just the odd occasion when I wanted to post in more than one post but didnt have the ability to icon14.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Preventing spam is not the only purpose of flood controlling. It also prevents that the server crashes - you know, it's not all that good if you post like every 20 seconds. Imagine what would happen if everyone would have the ability to do that. And now imagine what would happen on days like the release day of V, or what would have happened on the day the second trailer was published when over 8000 users were online (and way over 1000 of it were members, not sure how many exactly).

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:00 AM Edited by StingrayX, 14 July 2013 - 12:09 AM.

Summer was sh*t, we didn't do anything and it's supposedly about to end because of summer band. suicidal.gif And what's angers me about that is I don't have a part and I don't want to go there on the first day looking stupid without and part and I doubt any good parts are left. Then when and/or if I even get a part I'll be behind. I couldn't really focus on band near the end of the last shcool year because of all of the crap that was going on with me trying to maintain a year of A's and B's -- someone stole my papers and I had to redo everything, still ended up getting two C's because of that ruining my year long A/B honor roll streak. dozingoff.gif I liked band last year but I don't want to do it just this year because I want to enjoy the summer and have some free time this year. I don't know how my folks would feel if I decided to just sit back and do nothing for marching season this year in band though...

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:54 AM Edited by Valenta, 14 July 2013 - 02:56 AM.

If my broadband cuts off one more time (three times in the last 10 minutes), I swear I won't be responsible for my actions.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 08:54)
If my broadband cuts off one more time, I swear I won't be responsible for my actions.

Try living in Bangladesh for a change, I swear you'd be 10X more pissed than you've ever been in your life when it comes to this. wink.gif

three times in the last 10 minutes

So cute. lol.gif

We have loads of disturbances here as well.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

I can now honestly say f*ck YouTube downloaders... when a working man has something he needs put in a video bullsh*t like this doesn't need to happen.

user posted image

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 08:26)
If my broadband cuts off one more time, I swear I won't be responsible for my actions.

Try living in Bangladesh for a change, I swear you'd be 10X more pissed than you've ever been in your life when it comes to this. wink.gif

So cute. lol.gif

Master of San Andreas coughs and points out his crappy internet connection which blows off in the evening.

Girish works for it apparently.

And GTAKid you are a cool guy but there was no need to make a Rate the Vehicle for every single f*cking GTA on the same day.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 10:21)
I can now honestly say f*ck YouTube downloaders... when a working man has something he needs put in a video bullsh*t like this doesn't need to happen.

[IMG]http://gyazo.com/c14...4155f74c356.png[IMG]

Have you considered using http://www.keepvid.com ? I'm sick and tired of using YouTube downloaders as well. This site does pretty well and you could consider using it.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 03:56)

So cute. lol.gif

Right, but you're used to it. It's worse when it's working fine for months on end and then starts f*cking around all of a sudden.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users