Grumpy Old Forumers

8,102 replies to this topic
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 23:45)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 06:49)
Semantics. I meant that disliking the Direction Microsoft are taking because of game retailers is silly.
It was easier to say "hate" instead.

Microsoft are the ones that developed the DRM thing. It has nothing to do with retailers. If it had something to do with anything other than their own greed, then I'm sure the PS4 would have had the same restrictions.

What are you on about?
Sgt. Foley was saying he didn't like the direction Microsoft were taking with DRM because retailers suffer, I was pointing out that that was silly.
I wasn't implying retailers were the cause of DRM, lol wtf?

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Reason I'm grumpy today is i had a dream last night that i had something stuck in my eye, when i woke up it appeared i really did have something in my eye, and for some reason i can't get it out so until it works it's way out i shall stay grumpy user posted image

Any solutions to removing something from the eye would be appreciated icon14.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by zoo3891, 17 June 2013 - 02:52 PM.

QUOTE (s7free @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 09:39)
Any solutions to removing something from the eye would be appreciated icon14.gif

Just flush your eyes/eyelids out with water. If that doesn't get it pinch your eyelids (of the troubled eye) and try to rub whatever it is out, if your eyelids aren't holding whatever it is against your eye you also have the benefit of not feeling it.

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley)
Then the conversation ends. What the hell? If you can't hold a conversation don't message me whatsthat.gif

It takes two to end a conversation, try talking about something someone might actually care about.

Anyway, I just got back from a trip, and now my room is infested in ants. I saw an ant the size of two grains of rice crawling on my desk. I keep my food there for f*cks sake! I wanted to kill the damn thing, but it was crawling so fast that I only hit part of it (With a pencil eraser) and now there's a huge ant dragging itself around without bottom parts somewhere around here. nervous.gif

e: Alright! I spread cinnamon around the wall cracks and laid honey traps around my desk. Time to neutralize some ants!

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by Valenta, 21 June 2013 - 06:34 PM.

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 14:15)
Anyway, I just got back from a trip, and now my room is infested in ants. I saw an ant the size of two grains of rice crawling on my desk. I keep my food there for f*cks sake! I wanted to kill the damn thing, but it was crawling so fast that I only hit part of it (With a pencil eraser) and now there's a huge ant dragging itself around without bottom parts somewhere around here. nervous.gif

Kill it with fire!!
My water bottle cap opened on it's own accord. While it was sideways in my jumper pocket. While half full. In the middle of Glasgow City Centre. I had to walk around with several wet patches down my jeans. Looked like I f*cking pissed myself.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 14:15)
[N]ow there's a huge ant dragging itself around without bottom parts somewhere around here. nervous.gif

And even if you did kill it you have to be careful about disposing of the body. They will send out patrols to bring back the corpse. Set out the traps. And clean the floor to remove its trail.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 16:29)
What are you on about?
Sgt. Foley was saying he didn't like the direction Microsoft were taking with DRM because retailers suffer, I was pointing out that that was silly.

That's not what I understood from this:
the Direction Microsoft are taking because of game retailers

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hayfever, f*cking f*ck hayfever. Sitting here with my eyes making me look like a bullfrog, nose running like a tap and a sand paper throat. And of course, I'm fresh out of my allergy tablets.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:05 AM Edited by finn4life, 18 June 2013 - 11:08 AM.

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 04:49)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 16:29)
What are you on about?

That's not what I understood from this:
the Direction Microsoft are taking because of game retailers

Okay, you just proved you didn't read what I typed, even after I re-explained it to you so you would understand what I was saying, let's have a little look at the context of what I said instead of misunderstanding, and then not re-reading it when it was explained to you, I could understand misunderstanding the first time, I can see how you got that impression, but after having it pointed out to you, so you could perhaps re-read what I typed and understand what I actually meant, I would like to think you would understand.

QUOTE (finn4life)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 06:13)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 05:36)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:01)
This whole used game thing with the Xbox One is just hurting stores like GameStop.

That's a pretty dumb reason to hate the Xbone, I don't like the DRM Idea at all either though. Sure Jobs there are going to decrease, but they are anyway because of the digital trend, one day there probably won't be any speciality gaming stores, but they can adapt or shut down. Jobs will be created elsewhere, possibly in the digital-game-retail-section, it happens.

Businesses boom, business die, and i'm just looking to earn another dime.

I never said I hate the Xbox One. I'm just not a fan of what it's becoming.

Semantics. I meant that disliking the Direction Microsoft are taking because of game retailers is silly.
It was easier to say "hate" instead.

>Okay so Sgt Foley said: he didn't really like the used game thing with Microsoft because it is hurting retailers.
>I said: "That's a pretty dumb reason to hate the Xbone."
>Foley stated that he didn't hate the Xbone.
> I was then stating that I was just using slang by saying "Hate" I didn't mean it literally.
> I then said "I meant that disliking the Direction Microsoft are taking because of game retailers is silly". By that I meant that Sgt Foley disliking Microsoft's decision to limit used games BECAUSE it injures game retailers that make money from selling used games, is silly.

Like I said already once, and I'll repeat, I was not saying that Microsoft are limiting used games because of Retailers, lol wtf.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

You didn't have to go through all that again. I got it the first time you explained it. I was just pointing out in my previous post that the phrasing of that sentence was confusing (hence my initial confusion). Even in the context of the posts you've replied to (which I read the first time too), one could easily assume that the post is implying that Microsoft is taking that direction as a consequence of retailers requesting them to do it.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 22:48)
You didn't have to go through all that again. I got it the first time you explained it. I was just pointing out in my previous post that the phrasing of that sentence was confusing (hence my initial confusion). Even in the context of the posts you've replied to (which I read the first time too), one could easily assume that the post is implying that Microsoft is taking that direction as a consequence of retailers requesting them to do it.

Ah okay, yeah I can see how you misunderstood the first time.

RedDaggerXL
  • RedDaggerXL

Crash test dummy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

I'm rather annoyed at myself for being too scared to do trivial things, like writing a long comment then thinking that the tone is just a bit too aggressive and deleting it; presently it's wanting and not wanting to submit something into the writer's section because what if I'm doing it wrong? and oh my all these are poems or chapters, are short stories allowed?, reading a few then just writing this instead of submitting because I know this is welcome here. Bleh.

On a similar note, I 'fear' if people on this forum don't 'approve' or 'like' things I write. Yup, it's an idea that's in my head more often than not when posting on this forum... As you may have guessed, I'm also ridiculously quiet, shy, introverted etc. etc. in real life, so it's nothing new worrying about all this. It's just annoying and I want peace and quiet from myself sometime >:(

Oh damn, I didn't brush my teeth. Looks like tonight's sleep will not be easy again.

Jaypricemann
  • Jaypricemann

Yeah, I know.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Any of you guys get rid of your Facebooks recently? What else is there to do on the internet?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Jaypricemann @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 14:21)
Any of you guys get rid of your Facebooks recently? What else is there to do on the internet?

Not a lot honestly, visit here, perhaps some funny image site, and find some good Youtubers you like watching, for me it's gameplay commentaries of anything from the youtubers I like watching.

Jaypricemann
  • Jaypricemann

Yeah, I know.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 03:32)

Not a lot honestly, visit here, perhaps some funny image site, and find some good Youtubers you like watching, for me it's gameplay commentaries of anything from the youtubers I like watching.

Who do you like on YouTube?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (Jaypricemann @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 03:32)

Who do you like on YouTube?

For comedy Youtubers I watch guys like:
-NigaHiga
-RayWilliamJohnson
-Chestersee

For fun gameplays, I watch mostly Seananners, and also the people he plays with:
- Juicetra
-AllShamNoWow
- Hutch
-EatMyDiction

Watching Seannaners DayZ series was hilarious, they are long episodes, but there's 30 of them, and they made me laugh so much.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Xcalizorz was always a firm favorite of mine, he has some very funny gameplays. Check him out too.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by Valenta, 20 June 2013 - 12:52 PM.

AdamzoneTopMarks has become a firm favorite of mine. They mainly do Minecraft, but sometimes do other games. Highly recommended.
Just as a side-note, they speak in a Old English accent.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 21:53)
Xcalizorz was always a firm favorite of mine, he has some very funny gameplays. Check him out too.

Yeah! Xcalizorz is good to watch as well, he's a bit refreshing and he makes me laugh.

Jaypricemann
  • Jaypricemann

Yeah, I know.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

TheAuzzieGamer's playthroughs kill me.

RedDaggerXL
  • RedDaggerXL

Crash test dummy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

I subbed to tons of channels on YT, I'll put my favourites here if you want to check them out:

-5secondfilms (5-second long skits every weekday - donate to their kickstarter!)
-Amazingfilms247 + Amazinglife247 (Short funny clips for video games and IRL respectively)
-Birgirpall (Funny gaming videos)
-BriTANicKdotcom (Professional-level sketch comedy)
-caseyneistat (Professional-level videos on...random stuff)
-Cassetteboy (recycles audio, e.g. from a speech into funny videos)
-Criken2 (Funny gaming videos, similar to Birgirpall)
-Cyriak (Weird animations set to music)
-DasBoSchitt (Funny g-mod/source filmmaker videos)
-Flippycat (Domino chains - yes, really)
-Grant Bowtie (Electronic/house music)
-Helixsnake (Funny Skate 3 clips)
-IMMATOONLINK (I don't even like MLP, but these MLP figurine videos are funny)
-Lemaitremusic (Electronic music)
-lore (video game lore)
-maddoxaom (rants, linked with his website)
-mans1ay3r (Video game videos similar to Cassetteboy)
-mrweebl (funny songs/animation)
-mugumogu (Literally cat videos)
-Pam Aus (interesting videos from Alaska, mostly showing the tame wildlife)
-Swedemason (musical videos like cassetteboy)
-thecatdiaries (catscatscats and sometimes dog)
-TheMrFinneth (Makes houses out of popsicle sticks strangely interesting)
-Vat19.com (A company that makes funny ads for cool products)
-vihart (interesting/funny math(s) videos)

...have fun, I should probably purge my subscriptions...

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hear me out on this one.

When Mass Effect 3 came out I picked it up. I never played ME1 or ME2 so I asked if just jumping into ME3 would be OK. People said "I had to play ME1 and ME2 first". So I did...and I really enjoyed the experience.

I was excited to import my guy into ME3 but my character didn't show on the import screen. I popped in my ME2 disc and watched the closing segment again and even let the credits roll through to the end.

That didn't change things - I still couldn't import my character.

So during some downtime today I decided to search the internet to see if it was a known issues. My search returned a bunch of stuff that got me excited.

After reading a bunch of stuff that didn't apply to me I came across my exact issue.if you die at the end of ME2 you won't be able to import your character.

Now I don't want to play ME3.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 16:51)
if you die at the end of ME2

YOU F*CKING IDIOT! Did you let your entire crew die? Did you ever upgrade your ship to protect them? You aren't suppose to die, unless everyone else is dead!

With Love, The General. tounge.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 18:05)
QUOTE (trip @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 16:51)
if you die at the end of ME2

YOU F*CKING IDIOT! Did you let your entire crew die? Did you ever upgrade your ship to protect them? You aren't suppose to die, unless everyone else is dead!

With Love, The General. tounge.gif

Waaaa. Yes my whole crew died and it was somewhat upsetting. Actually it was down right depressing.

I don't get much game time or I would play through again.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:53)
^^ I will sure have fun with it, hopefully we will pick up the cord 2morrow. biggrin.gif

OT: I am slightly grumpy about having to wait to pick up the cord, will probably get it 2morrow, hype level is: 990%, still Veeery high

Lol waited long enough dammit, can't wait to make new videos of my mods. biggrin.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Jaypricemann @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 23:21)

(I'm late, but you guys answered it in the wrong topic anyway, so f*ck it.) You could also try to find new interest forums, browse Wikipedia/TVTropes to find/learn about something new or interesting, or you could go play flash games for a while.

Besides that stuff there's tons of stuff to do on the internet, just nobody ever uses it like they should/could. sad.gif

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

The next person I see making a duck face is gonna get socked in the mouth.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

In the land of the skunks, he who has half a nose is king

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 13:21)

Says the guy with f*cking Aladdin as his avatar...

AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner.

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm grumpy because we have school tomorrow and the dumb government declared it right in the final class of school today, when everyone thought we were getting 2 days of holidays.

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 09:46)

That doesn't even make any sense.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 14:42)
QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 09:46)

That doesn't even make any sense.

I think he is calling you a bitch.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users