Grumpy Old Forumers

9,453 replies to this topic
sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

@Pizza.

I don't even know where to begin with the enormous wave of utter sh*t you vomited forth. Words escape me.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:46)
I hate it when people say being homosexual is not a choice.

Seriously. When was attraction to the other sex suddenly something you cannot control? Where's the scientific proof? Where is the man with a whacky hairdo in the big white lab coat to tell us outright: "If you were born gay, you will always be gay?"

Don't use the "If it was a choice why would people want it if everyone hates them" excuse. I can disprove that in one word: Religion. Why would Muslims be Muslims if many other people hate them so much? Because it is their choice. Same applies to many other religions.

I chose to be Bi. If I wanted only women, I'd want only women, same for men. But I, not genetics, not a mutation in my DNA, not the FATHER ALMIGHTAY, decided that I wanted to be Bi.

I haven't ranted in a good while, it feels good to be back.

I had a bit of respect for you before, but this is just retarded. At least however, you aren't being a bigot.

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 05:46)

Seriously. When was attraction to the other sex suddenly something you cannot control? Where's the scientific proof? Where is the man with a whacky hairdo in the big white lab coat to tell us outright: "If you were born gay, you will always be gay?"

Don't use the "If it was a choice why would people want it if everyone hates them" excuse. I can disprove that in one word: Religion. Why would Muslims be Muslims if many other people hate them so much? Because it is their choice. Same applies to many other religions.

I chose to be Bi. If I wanted only women, I'd want only women, same for men. But I, not genetics, not a mutation in my DNA, not the FATHER ALMIGHTAY, decided that I wanted to be Bi.

I would say religous people believe in what they believe because it comforts them as they are scared of death or it is comforting and must feel great to think your right about everything. Many people say the Westboro Chruch do it for attention or they want to be hated but one of the kids of that group who was kicked out said she believes its because it gives them the right to think they are right all the time, which would be a very powerful feeling to have.

Religous groups have it easy when it comes to discrimination, especially compared to the homosexuals.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by rudy., 22 May 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Man, I hate it when you're standing near the backdoor of a crowded bus holding onto a poll and someone crushes your fists / fingers with their butts as the bus gets more crowded. There was a dude listening to music standing on the side of the doors. Whenever people got out he
had to move in front of the pole cause he was blocking the way. Usually he'd move back to his original spot, so I kept my hand on the pole. This time, however, he stayed in front of the pole, and leaned back. His. Butt. Landed Right. On. My. Fingers. Since he wasn't holding onto anything while the bus moved, he put all his weight onto the pole aka my fingers! I didn't feel like asking him to move his Richard Simmons off my fingers so I tried to get them off myself and it took me like five f*ckin minutes!

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 05:46)

That's great for your case, now answer mine - I didn't choose, I am gay - I don't control that at all. I'm going to fathom a guess that you just like the conversation starter and attention you can get through saying you're Bi, hence your 'choice'.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 14:28)
Man, I hate it when you're standing near the backdoor of a crowded bus holding onto a poll and someone crushes your fists / fingers with their butts as the bus gets more crowded.

Butts on hand/fingers? How tall are you, two feet?

user posted image

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 14:50)
QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 14:28)
Man, I hate it when you're standing near the backdoor of a crowded bus holding onto a poll and someone crushes your fists / fingers with their butts as the bus gets more crowded.

Butts on hand/fingers? How tall are you, two feet?

user posted image

Nah, weasel. I just hate lifting my hands up cause my armpits stinks.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 15:02)

Understandable, but most people I've observed (when I used to ride the bus, before the turn of the century smile.gif ) Grasp the pole at shoulder level, which means the arm pit is 'closed' by the upper arm.

user posted image

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:02)

Personally I hate it when I'm forced next to some stinky bastard on the bus/tube who has never heard of deodorant. I'd take some butt crushing over that any day.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'm not racist, I hate all people equally. With that being said i love you all here in forums. You guys make my day all the time. Thanks

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Harley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:25)

Personally I hate it when I'm forced next to some stinky bastard on the bus/tube who has never heard of deodorant. I'd take some butt crushing over that any day.

Nice one, Husky!

You know what's winding me up lately? Deodrant whores. No, I'm not against people who use deodrant or something, but I hate it when people with stinky armpits uses deodrants.

Smell of the stinky armpits + Smell of the deodrant = NOSE RAPE!

And Husky, I'm not referring to you obiviously!

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Man. WTF. So people don't agree with me. It seems I've spouted off some anus. Yes, I was really tired yesterday, and I was a little angry at the time, so I wasn't thinking straight that's a fact. I still believe that homosexuality is a choice, but next time I'd actually form an argument.

Like, just getting a little sleep has rejuvenated me enough to not care about that anymore. Hell, I can disprove my only reasoning and say:

They remain the religion that they do because according to their beliefs, if they don't believe they'll be sentenced to eternal damnation after death. That's enough of a reason to give your soul to a god. I think it was more or less the raging Atheist in me that overlooked that key detail, and the fact I used it as an argument at all.

So yeah, I apologize for being a jackass.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Body odour > fat woman's fishy vagina smell.

I was sat next to this woman on the bus last week. Oh boy, she must have had some tuna shoved up there or something.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by Danz., 22 May 2013 - 08:53 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 13:50)
Body odour > fat woman's fishy vagina smell.

I was sat next to this woman on the bus last week. Oh boy, she must have had some tuna shoved up there or something.

By any means, was she either black or ginger or both ?

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 11:49)
Man. WTF. So people don't agree with me. It seems I've spouted off some anus. Yes, I was really tired yesterday, and I was a little angry at the time, so I wasn't thinking straight that's a fact. I still believe that homosexuality is a choice, but next time I'd actually form an argument.

Like, just getting a little sleep has rejuvenated me enough to not care about that anymore. Hell, I can disprove my only reasoning and say:

They remain the religion that they do because according to their beliefs, if they don't believe they'll be sentenced to eternal damnation after death. That's enough of a reason to give your soul to a god. I think it was more or less the raging Atheist in me that overlooked that key detail, and the fact I used it as an argument at all.

So yeah, I apologize for being a jackass.

Please explain how anyone can choose to be attracted to anything. I just think that is impossible. For example: I see Audi came out with a new car and I think it looks gorgeous. Did I choose to think the car looks good? No, something in me just liked it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Isn't it a real bummer whenever people pull the race card whenever you give reasons as to why you hate Franklin or CJ, but they never do it when you give reasons as to why you hate protagonists who are other races?

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:22)
Isn't it a real bummer whenever people pull the race card whenever you give reasons as to why you hate Franklin or CJ, but they never do it when you give reasons as to why you hate protagonists who are other races?

No. because you are that race twisters.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:24)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:22)

No. because you are that race twisters.

Right, but if I were to say "Oh I hate Niko because of *insert reason here*", people will be all like "sure whatever", but if I say "Oh I hate Franklin because of *insert reason here*" they're all like "OH f*ck YOU'RE A RACIST wow.gif "

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Is there like a Yugiyo card trend going around right now because at my school every nerd is talking about them and playing card games with them... and we're in high school.
It annoys me because the library gets so loud all because of these guys shouting during card games. Damn cards! mad.gif

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 06:46)

I was about to say you're too young to understand so you're forgiven- but then I noticed you're 16, you should know better than this. But hey you'd make a great FOX news comedian.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:51)

I was about to say you're too young to understand so you're forgiven- but then I noticed you're 16, you should know better than this. But hey you'd make a great FOX news comedian.

Oh it would be so much fun to be a fox news anchor. You could say ANYTHING, even the dumbest and most unrealistic things, and people would still believe you. If I wasn't already planning to enter computer sciences, I'd jump at the chance to join Fox. Not for the sake of lying to the masses, but for the fun of it.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 10:21)
One thing that's really doing my nut in at the moment is the influx of people giving sh*tty ratings in the Rate The Song thread. I don't mean sh*tty as in low score but sh*tty as in not even bothering to write even a sentence to explain their rating. I don't care if you think the song I posted is 1/10, but at least have the courtesy to tell me why.

I noticed that too. I don't exactly post there as much as you but I do like to frequent the thread to listen to some of the great music that people post. It is really annoying, indeed.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:52 AM Edited by Harley, 23 May 2013 - 12:55 AM.

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:43)

Nice one, Husky!

You know what's winding me up lately? Deodrant whores. No, I'm not against people who use deodrant or something, but I hate it when people with stinky armpits uses deodrants.

I hope that's auto-correct, Ratty. Buy a good deodorant and spray liberally after your morning shower. Providing you aren't obese or have something wrong with your sweat glands, there won't be a stink.

QUOTE (Raavi @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 00:51)

I was going to say something, but after looking at his posts here and in other topics it's clear he's a moron, and anything I say would've gone straight over his head.
Also, going by his member photo, I reckon the whole bisexual thing is just a desperate course to better the odds of someone finally touching his penis.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Harley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:52)

I was going to say something, but after looking at his posts here and in other topics it's clear he's a moron, and anything I say would've gone straight over his head.
Also, going by his member photo, I reckon the whole bisexual thing is just a desperate course to better the odds of someone finally touching his penis.

Well, you clearly have seen the post this morning regarding that post.

I don't care if you don't like me, but the member photo thing isn't helping your cause. Quite mature, must say.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by Kifflom112, 23 May 2013 - 02:53 AM.

QUOTE (Harley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 19:52)

Nice one, Husky!

I hope that's auto-correct, Ratty. Buy a good deodorant and spray liberally after your morning shower. Providing you aren't obese or have something wrong with your sweat glands, there won't be a stink.

Very, very mature. icon14.gif

Edit: I was at the store and this woman in a pink shirt was all up on me at the cash register. Then she had the nerve to impatiently walk up on me on the way out of the store. I hate impatient people, they get on my damn nerves and makes me want to cuss them out. mad.gif

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:16 AM Edited by Raavi, 23 May 2013 - 01:32 AM.

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:09)
QUOTE (Harley @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 19:52)

Nice one, Husky!

Very, very mature. icon14.gif

Why should one dignify such a ridiculous 'rant' with an elaborate answer? Even sivispacem didn't, which says a lot. Besides being mature doesn't mean not being able to poke fun at people especially if they desperately beg for it, like is the case here.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 02:05)
Well, you clearly have seen the post this morning regarding that post.

I don't care if you don't like me, but  the member photo thing isn't helping your cause. Quite mature, must say.

The post where you apologised for being a jackass but still spouted 'homosexuality is a choice' bullsh*t? I saw that one.

I don't have a cause. Can't stand the heat? Take off the pinstriped trilby.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 14:39)
Is there like a Yugiyo card trend going around right now because at my school every nerd is talking about them and playing card games with them... and we're in high school.
It annoys me because the library gets so loud all because of these guys shouting during card games. Damn cards! mad.gif

Whoa Woah.

Nothing wrong with Yu-Gi-Oh, I still have my old deck laying around. Still in high school at the school, Really? I mean I'm a nerd and I still use mine occasionally to duel my friend, his dad, or my Brother, but at high school, bit strange. bored.gif

Yeah I like nerdy things.

Anyhow my rant, pertains to the same friend I just mentioned. I've known this guy since the 6th grade, we've been pretty much best friends for six years, and I'm concerned for the guy. Mainly because he's dating this same girl for the sixth-ish time in a row after she's done nothing but use him, and be a total bitch at times. He finally cut the tie the last time (over Facebook because she pissed him way off, made me laugh) and I thought, so did our other friends, and his parents, he was done with her...just within the last weeks, he started dating her again.

I and several other people straight up called him an idiot, which I admit is harsh, but he took it in stride, he says she's changed but I'm not convinced she seems like she isn't using her, and she seemed depressed (No more internet and phone for her is most likely what made her sad) when he dumped her, but none the less I think it's all an act.

I mean I know he genuinely cares for her, and a good chunk of our class dislikes her high strung, overly familiar attitude constantly play hitting people, or taking food from them while they're having lunch (she did that to me once last year when she first got here, if you've ever seen the episode of Friends where Ross gets his Sandwich stolen, or the one where Joey says he dosen't share food, it was some scary combo of the two was my reaction) etc. has made her disliked by a good chunk of the class, especially our general grouped of friends.

But it's because of that he cares for her, I get that whatever, he's a nice guy (well sometimes, other times he's as big a dick as me) but come one this is just self abuse at this point. Well oh well she leaves for the Army next month so odds are she'll disappear after that. If she dosen't I'll begin to change my mind about her.

Now I just hope he dosen't make an account on here like he always says he'll get around too because he'd know who I was talking about. (He knows my user name)

But I digress, this rant is out of caring for the guy, and he knows how we all feel but damn, what can a guy do right?

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 20:33)

Whoa Woah.

Nothing wrong with Yu-Gi-Oh,

Sure there is. Yu Gi Oh sucks. Pokemon cards on the other hand, never go out of style. cool.gif

But seriously, I wish card games were popular during High School.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:42)
QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 20:33)

Whoa Woah.

Nothing wrong with Yu-Gi-Oh,

Sure there is. Yu Gi Oh sucks. Pokemon cards on the other hand, never go out of style. cool.gif

But seriously, I wish card games were popular during High School.

Don't kill me just yet. I still have my Pokemon cards out and about as well. icon14.gif

Lost most of them in a move though but I still have a good number of them left.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users