Grumpy Old Forumers

9,471 replies to this topic
AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

The thing that is really making me grumpy today is why does the cheesy music that is played while you are waiting to talk to customer support on the phone, always have to be the same damn cheesy music that is usually played in Gardiner Haskins, or some other DIY store or supermarket? To be honest I can forget all of that for the one that really annoys me the most is the music played whilst trying to phone British Gas. Aaahhh! angry.gif

Why can't they allow the customer to choose what song they want to listen to whilst they wait forever to get through to someone? I'd probably choose Telephone Line by Electric Light Orchestra. What? It's fitting enough. biggrin.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Because of copyright license. They have to buy the privilege to play the musak.

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

I"m grumpy about those idiots who ragequit in games like NHL 12 way before the game is over. I mean, that's the point of the game, scoring and getting scored.

Oh and also in Xbox Live those who almost put their microphones in there mouth so you can hear EVERY breath they take and let out.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Doesn't it seem strange that he U.S. has been 'waging a war on Drugs' for decades?
Yet, the U. S. is spending billions on a "war of ideology in the Middle East.
So, what would happen if the U. S. was to invade Columbia and its environs to wipe out the Drug Cartels were being told control the lives of millions of Americans? Then the U.S. can get back to revenging the 911.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Seems like I'm going to quote (loosely) San Andreas hear (oooh how geek), but the character Mike Toreno, summed it up when talking about pivots, its a balancing act between keeping good and bad guys in checks and balances.

When it comes to Columbia, the US and the Colombian government are actually trying to sort out the drug issue there, but it's a very deep rooted problem without an easy solution, especially when the Venezuelans are sticking their beaks into the Colombian market, albeit surreptitiously. But it's not Columbia which is the main drug problem for the US, it's a bit closer to home in Mexico, but this is where things get a little more complicated as you cannot underestimate the power of the cartels and their influence.

The best way however to deal with the "drug war" problems is to eliminate the demand not the supply. The best way to do this something which doesn't even seem drug related, and that is to create jobs and more importantly than creating just job numbers, is job security and reliability. Do this and people are going to be more happier with their lot rather than relying on a high from drugs (and incidentally other crimes)

As for the middle east, well that's just a whole lotta hang over from the Cold War, which was a hang over from the Second World War, which was a hang over from the First World War, which subsequently lead to the rise of the Nazi party and WW2. This started when when an Arch Duke shot an ostrich cause he was hungry. (or was that when the Aurchduke of Austro-Hungary got shot dontgetit.gif )

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Simplistic requirement. Cure and employee millions U.S. citizens vs. Exterminating a few hundred Government supported farms. Wipeout innocent Christian farmers crops and illegal distributors rather than Islamic freedom fighters who merely want the Imperialist U.S. troops to leave?

Nothing is simple, but there's no reason to over complicate either.
Some 'crimes' are useful for a Government to have.
Kind of reminds me of that Official in "The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen"

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

yesterday, party, fun, at least that's what you'd expect

but nope, some idiot got some beer spilled over him by another idiot, he got offered a new drink, refused, wanted a fight
they were about 16-17, I'm a 19 y/o athletic/powertrainer so decided to jump inbetween them and started shouting if 1.5 is really worth a fight, a fight that'd bring the police to the party and make it end prematurely (happened before)

apparantly it was, people told me not to get mixed up in it but i didn't care, i held them off eachother and was quite angry

seriously, is that todays mentality? go to a party to put a fist in sbd's face...geez, people these days confused.gif compared to "back in the day" i think there's sh*tloads more agression, saddens me

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Negativland supports free music, but they don't offer free digital downloads on their website, and nobody ever uploads any of their music. I've been searching for the album "No Business" in digital form for a few days now, and the only place that has it Amazon. There are a few other sites that say they have it, but most of them look sketchy, or link to dead pages.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Law0070 @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 21:46)

but nope, some idiot got some beer spilled over him by another idiot, he got offered a new drink, refused, wanted a fight
they were about 16-17, I'm a 19 y/o athletic/powertrainer so decided to jump inbetween them and started shouting if 1.5 is really worth a fight, a fight that'd bring the police to the party and make it end prematurely (happened before)

apparantly it was, people told me not to get mixed up in it but i didn't care, i held them off eachother and was quite angry

seriously, is that todays mentality? go to a party to put a fist in sbd's face...geez, people these days confused.gif compared to "back in the day" i think there's sh*tloads more agression, saddens me

This is horribly true, man. It seems to be quite a common response. It happened to me a couple of weekends ago. A purely accidental spill of a blokes pint and he wanted to cave my head in. He was about 17-18, very short and looked as if puberty had forgotten all about him. I told him that fighting really isn't going to magically replace his pint nor will it buy him another one. Nevertheless, he decided that repeatedly hitting my face would resolve the matter. Luckily, he was chucked out before anything happened and no one raised any fists.

It's a shame that people act this way. Personally, as long as the bloke apologises or at least offers you another pint, there's no harm done. He was good enough to acknowledge you and in all honesty, what more could the man do other than offer you a pint? It's not like he'd go "Oh, sorry mate! Instead of me buying another pint, why don't I give you the spare pair of trousers I always carry on me?". If a man carries a spare pair of trousers with him, I'm pretty damn sure he's going to need them more than me. Whatever he's doing with them, be it hiding them, burning them or just simply misplacing them from time to time, he has f*cking back-up trousers. Not even the incontinent old folks do that!

Sorry for drifting on at the end there. I may have smoked a bit too much.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 23:00)

You mean marijuana? Or regular cigs and your brain cells are nearly all dead? But yh alcohol makes people do stupid things, and sometimes hilarious things.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 10:00)

This is horribly true, man. It seems to be quite a common response. It happened to me a couple of weekends ago. A purely accidental spill of a blokes pint and he wanted to cave my head in. He was about 17-18, very short and looked as if puberty had forgotten all about him. I told him that fighting really isn't going to magically replace his pint nor will it buy him another one. Nevertheless, he decided that repeatedly hitting my face would resolve the matter. Luckily, he was chucked out before anything happened and no one raised any fists.

It's a shame that people act this way. Personally, as long as the bloke apologises or at least offers you another pint, there's no harm done. He was good enough to acknowledge you and in all honesty, what more could the man do other than offer you a pint? It's not like he'd go "Oh, sorry mate! Instead of me buying another pint, why don't I give you the spare pair of trousers I always carry on me?". If a man carries a spare pair of trousers with him, I'm pretty damn sure he's going to need them more than me. Whatever he's doing with them, be it hiding them, burning them or just simply misplacing them from time to time, he has f*cking back-up trousers. Not even the incontinent old folks do that!

I am so sick and tired of people trying to start fights, f*cking assholes.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 00:21)
QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 23:00)

You mean marijuana? Or regular cigs and your brain cells are nearly all dead? But yh alcohol makes people do stupid things, and sometimes hilarious things.

I do, indeed, mean marijuana. Most people I know are a lot of fun when their drunk. They're talkative, think my rubbish jokes are funny, and generally just want to hug people. There's no need for violence when all everyone is trying to do is have a good night. Of course, there'll always be the spoil sports in the world so the best thing to do is stay away from them. Unless, of course, you are one, in that case it probably explains why you have no friends.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

Ya know what really grinds my gears?

All the people who can't spell Niko. It's NIKO

N, I, K, O, not Nico, not Nikko, not Neko, not Neeko. God am I the only one who uses subtitles in that game? They are not just for the hearing impaired...

Thank You.

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 23:27)
QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 10:00)

I am so sick and tired of people trying to start fights, f*cking assholes.

Agreed, but some times you need to fight. Fighting and remaining mentally and physically strong makes it harder for people to walk all over you. If you refuse to even defend yourself from some asshole who wants to fight, then all the other assholes that want to fight will see that you will take sh*t from them and then they'll try to fight you too. Trust me, I tried the whole "Passivist" way of doing things, and it only gets you into more fights....sometimes.

OT: You know what I hate? People who think they know every damn thing, but what I hate even more is when other people are obviously more educated in the topic of their discussion than the other and the uneducated person has to think their right just because one of their friends or relatives told them otherwise. Here's a thought, maybe your friend or family member doesn't know as much about this matter than you think they do! I really try to be a nice person, but when some moron is telling me I'm wrong when i know I'm right, I wish I was mean enough to make him look stupid in front of everybody, but I don't have the heart.

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

meh, I'm a pacifist xD nah, problem is i never fought/had to fight, don't know why...never really ran either, just been polite, always worked
ah well, what happened saturday is just one of those many examples i can give, i know 2 parties that ended prematurely due to assholes deciding to punch the sh*t out of eachother...

back in the day when you spilled a pint or someone else's pint you just a new one and the other one would be happy...usually tounge.gif

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Splash screens and Flash intros - especially with sounds and/or music - get my goat. Any web designer who inflicts them on other people should have their legs sewn together so they know what it's like to not be able to get where you want to go as quickly as you should.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

I agree, I've been in exile from the internet for quite a while due to having no money to afford it, but now that I've got it back, what's with all the f*cking adverts slapped at the beginning of youtube videos and those pop-up box ads at the bottom on the video that block half your video.

Youtube was starting to look quite professional when you could manipulate it to take HD/HQ video but now it looks like verging on the amateurish, with all the adverts/covering ads etc.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

I went to an Easter get-together with my family, and now my extended family thinks I'm depressed because I didn't talk very much. I might have come off as sad, or maybe exhausted, but five different people called to ask my grandma if I was suffering from depression. She told my dad, and now everyone involved is either pissed off, or sad. Even worse is that they didn't call my dad for it. I've been trying to distance myself from my grandma because nearly everything she's done in the past few years has made me angry, and she still treats me like I'm ten, while yelling at my sister every chance she gets. My dad is a functional human being, and more importantly is my dad and would probably know this, but they call my grandma about it. I think it really gets to me because my mother died a few years ago, and ever since then she's been trying to get more personal with my family.

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:02 AM Edited by Law0070, 18 April 2012 - 09:06 AM.

QUOTE (Gareth Croke @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 22:18)
I agree, I've been in exile from the internet for quite a while due to having no money to afford it, but now that I've got it back, what's with all the f*cking adverts slapped at the beginning of youtube videos and those pop-up box ads at the bottom on the video that block half your video.

Youtube was starting to look quite professional when you could manipulate it to take HD/HQ video but now it looks like verging on the amateurish, with all the adverts/covering ads etc.

just install an adblocker in firefox (if you use firefox, lol)

add-ons => adblockplus

@Zoo, my grandma likes to get involved in such things too, not always utter fun and i believe she's even part of the reason why my parents divorce, but i think it's just the older mentality that's still in her head...back in the day the whole family was still involved with eachothers life as opposed to now where people live further away from eachother etc..

gangstabtch
  • gangstabtch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia) pisses me off. It's an excruciatingly painful nerve disorder. I hate suffering like that. The pain drives me crazy, and I also hate myself for complaining.

I hate people that can't seem to figure out WTF a turn signal is for. I hate people who can't turn the f*cking thing off by themselves, so you're following some idiot for five f*cking miles wondering when or if he or she will turn. It's a game! Will they turn or not? Will they turn in the direction they've signaled? Will they have it on for five miles and turn it off? Who knows??!! The fun never ends!!!!

I hate movie theater goers who can't shut the f*ck up. I hate movie goers that bring their screaming and squealing offspring with them even more.

I hate that silly tw@t at the mall who is wearing something so revealing she may as well be a nudist, and then gets pissy when men stare.

I hate men that stare in the presence of the woman they are with (OTOH, covert glances are fine.)

I hate parents who let their offspring run rampant in public. I hate it when some kid runs into me, and the parent looks at me like it's my fault (*FOAM FOAM KILL!!!*)

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm 'bout sick of telemarketers calling my house day and night. This one inparticular is trying to sell me an alarm system and I tell him every time(same guy 90% of the time) that I have an alarm system----that it's a mother f***ing AK-47 and a bad ass dog. Also, I live in an all white place so there's little to no crime, really. Not tryin' to be racist but it's true. F**k political correctness.

Then, there's this one from India who calls me and we get into it every time. I say stuff to him that I would never repeat in front of anyone but I've warned him a lot of times to stop calling and take me off his list. I get him so mad that he starts threatening me and cussing me out but I laugh at this little idiot and start mocking him.

Another thing that gets me is stupid people. They should have to wear a sign, just like Bill Engvall says. They seem to be everywhere these days. It's epidemic proportions. If you're lazy enough to wear your P.J.'s in public with those 'croc' shoes on, grown adults BTW, then it's fair game for me to laugh at you.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

I was in Walmart the other day, and this couple was walking through the women's clothes section, and they knocked down a tanktop. Then they moved to the other side of the aisle and I walked past them, stepping over the tank top that they knocked down.

The woman in the couple had the gall to mutter, "lazy fat piece of ****" because I didn't pick it up. I looked back at her and almost said something, but my girlfriend stopped me.

I f*cking hate people.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Seems like you need to wear an idiot sign.

Also - why not just get one of those caller ID's attached to your phone? At least then if you don't know the number then you can just let it ring off and not deal with people trying to sell things. Honestly, you look like a f*cking retard bitching out someone over the phone just trying to do their job. Just put down the f*cking phone when you realise they are selling sh*t.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 20:00)
Seems like you need to wear an idiot sign.

Also - why not just get one of those caller ID's attached to your phone? At least then if you don't know the number then you can just let it ring off and not deal with people trying to sell things. Honestly, you look like a f*cking retard bitching out someone over the phone just trying to do their job. Just put down the f*cking phone when you realise they are selling sh*t.

I have to agree mate I usually have a joke around.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 15:35)
I'm 'bout sick of telemarketers calling my house day and night.

Just try and explain Zionist conspiracy theories, they'll hang up pretty promptly.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 15:23)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 15:35)
I'm 'bout sick of telemarketers calling my house day and night.

Just try and explain Zionist conspiracy theories, they'll hang up pretty promptly.

This might be more of a question but...Is the US the only country with the "don't call" list?

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I hate people that can't seem to figure out WTF a turn signal is for. I hate people who can't turn the f*cking thing off by themselves, so you're following some idiot for five f*cking miles wondering when or if he or she will turn. It's a game! Will they turn or not? Will they turn in the direction they've signaled? Will they have it on for five miles and turn it off? Who knows??!! The fun never ends!!!!

On a similar note, I am extremely tired of people cruising in the passing lanes on the freeway blocking traffic when they are not passing anyone. That really fires me up to no end. Finally the local law enforcement started giving out tickets for obstructing traffic.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Leftcoast @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 13:54)

On a similar note, I am extremely tired of people cruising in the passing lanes on the freeway blocking traffic when they are not passing anyone. That really fires me up to no end. Finally the local law enforcement started giving out tickets for obstructing traffic.

I could go on for days about my grievances with traffic.

Around 5:00pm everyone gets off work in my town. The speed limit on the Highway is 55 mph, but 60-65 is accepted by all (even law enforcement)
I understand the desire to get home to your family/dinner/bed/whatever, but when I'm going 70 down the highway, and you haul ass up to and then swerve around me, you had better prepare to have me 'grief' you as long as I possibly can.

Some guy did this to me just today. He had a Vehicle Trailer hitched to the back of his F350, and sped around me, and cut me off barely missing the front of my car. I checked behind me, and switched lanes. I sped up and passed the guy and came up to another car a little bit ahead of us. Then I matched the second guys speed so F350 couldn't pass me again.

My fiance thinks I have terrible road rage.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 00:49)

Um, I agree with your fiance. Those are the kinds of things that aren't worth raising your blood pressure over. I know it can be hard in the moment, but it's not worth getting a ticket over.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (rodneythesavior @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 06:49)

I have seen this stuff before.
Tell her not to worry.
If this is your habitial way of driving, and I'm sure it is.
In a few months you'll be pushing the wheels of a Chair and it won't be on the highways. confused.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users