Quantcast

» «
Photo

From The Party to Shakedown in 2 hours or less...

8 replies to this topic
willum
  • willum

Forum Newbie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:27 AM

I got from The Party to Shakedown in 2 or less hours! I completed missions I originally thought as hard (that's not sexually...), first time.

I'm less annoyed that I lost my 100% now.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

While this is an impressive feat I never saw the point in racing through any game let alone a GTA one. Personally I prefer to take my time playing after all when brand new you can sometimes expect to pay up to £40.

Not that I doubt this achievement but could you provide a picture of your stats screen to prove it?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Dec 18 2006, 07:21)
While this is an impressive feat I never saw the point in racing through any game let alone a GTA one. Personally I prefer to take my time playing after all when brand new you can sometimes expect to pay up to £40.

Oh sure - the first few times you play, obviously you're going to take your time. But blitzing the game is surely another way to maintain interest, especially if you've played it to death and beyond wink.gif . I think it's all about alternatives - the minimum kill competition for SA is another good example - it makes gameplay completely different and changes strategy.

Not that I've done either, but when I get some more time/motivation, I wouldn't mind giving a blitz or min kill a shot smile.gif .

@willum - Sounds pretty good, nice work icon14.gif .

smaisey
  • smaisey

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:34 PM

After playing San Andreas a few times, you realise how short Vice City is.
Not that that's a bad thing, because San Andreas seems to be one unfulfilling mission after the next, and it takes an age to get anywhere.
It's taken me two days just to get to San Fierro.

Whereas Vice City, each mission seems to have some value and provides a stepping stone to the next part of the game and you feel like you're getting somewhere, and you're building something.
I like that.

That's why Vice City will always be my favourite GTA game, because it's a lot more fun and fulfilling.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:50 PM Edited by Spuds725, 18 December 2006 - 03:57 PM.

QUOTE (willum @ Dec 17 2006, 04:27)
I got from The Party to Shakedown in 2 or less hours! I completed missions I originally thought as hard (that's not sexually...), first time.

I'm less annoyed that I lost my 100% now.

I did a speed run-- did storyline in 3 hours 32 minutes (stat time-- I did have a few reloads)

Clip-- http://www.freewebs....ds725/story.wmv

The shows the limos out front after "keep your friends close"-- with the mission passed message... then me pausing and showing the time in my stats-- done on PS2.

My best 100% run was 17 hours 6 minutes....

If you are interested in speed runs...

http://speeddemosarc...heftAutoVC.html

Storyline done in 2 hours 14 minutes (real time-- no reloads)

The above link shows a video of the entire thing... 807 MB

Also for GTA III -- http://speeddemosarc...TheftAuto3.html 1 hour 43 minutes

and GTA SA -- http://speeddemosarc...heftAutoSA.html 7 hours 46 minutes.

And for anybody else that is interested... cutscenes playing does accumulate time in your stats... so skip them if you are on a speed run...

willum
  • willum

Forum Newbie

• Members

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:19 AM

I could never beat San Andreas in less than a week. Vice City's short, and a better storyline. I also hate those stupid conspiracies and stuff about sharks and big foot.

this is WARRRRRRRRR
  • this is WARRRRRRRRR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:03 PM

54 minutes the party to shakedown storry line 2h and 32m 100%3h and 29 minutes

sohan
  • sohan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

the party to shakedown-1 hour 7 mins,storyline 2 hour 15 mins,100%-3 hours 10 mins

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (sohan @ Dec 19 2010, 07:39)
the party to shakedown-1 hour 7 mins,storyline 2 hour 15 mins,100%-3 hours 10 mins

Sorry... throwing the BS flag for that.... No way you could get 100% that fast...

Would need to see video proof of that one...

Taxi, hidden packages, rampages, jumps, and numerous side missions would add way more then an hour to your storyline completion....

Getting under 10 hours would be quite the challenge... let alone 1/3 of that...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users