Photo

IMG Archive programming

1 reply to this topic
REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:06 PM

In the last few weeks there have been a few mentions of people asking for source code for tools and complaining that the coders around here are damaging the community by not releasing the code for their tools. I was also asked by jarjar to give him some tutorials so instead of just giving them to one member I thought I would release them so everyone could benefit from them.

This is the first tutorial which is about basic img reading for GTA3 and Vice City, in the next few weeks I will do one for San Andreas and then ones on adding files, extracting.
Each will come with source code and will break it down so itís easy to understand.
Comments and feedback welcome,
-Dave

Introduction
In this tutorial we are going to look at coding a program to read the GTA3 / Vice City IMG Archive files. In future tutorials we will build on this knowledge and code to create a tool capable of reading the San Andreas format and with the functions to add and extract files from an archive.
The source code for the tool is provided with this tutorial and is done in C#. A basic programming knowledge is assumed. Free versions of a C# compiler are available from Microsoft so anyone with an interest in learning from this tutorial can. Download Visual C# Express Here.

Download
Download (43kb)

rwils79
  • rwils79

GTAIV to GTASA Total Conversion Leader

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:31 PM Edited by rwils79, 06 April 2010 - 07:08 AM.

Comment removed because topic is over 3 years old.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users