» «
Photo

Ghost Town Phenonmenon

7 replies to this topic
warthog 15
  • warthog 15

City Scape Game Devloper

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:08 AM Edited by warthog 15, 04 December 2006 - 02:37 AM.

Hey guys one of the ladies on the radio right from the first time your in your car after the first mission she says "So I'm setting here reading the Liberty Tree and in nearby Carcer City JUST OVER THE MOUNTAIN police officer Gary Shaw has been cleared of corruption charges let's hope those missing witnessess turn up safe and sound." So why would rockstar put the bank over the hill and put "Liberty Bank" on the front. That would mean one thing if it is over the hill which I think Rockstar meant for it to be then make that woman say that Carcer City is over the hill it would not be the Liberty Bank it would be the Carcer Bank.

This is very strange. I think Rockstar made a mistake.

Resend Validation E-mail
  • Resend Validation E-mail

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:27 AM

R* didn't make a mistake. You are never meant to see the ghost town, or be able to go over the hill.

MMFF
  • MMFF

Double M Double F

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:16 AM

I believe Rockstar added the name Carcer city just to make it more realistic. Like there was a whole world out there and you are just in a small part of it. The ghost town is just there because that is where the beggining cutscene took place. A lot of cutscene places are in buildings, for example inside Joey's Garage is the stuff you see in the cutscene, including the BF Injection.(Not solid of coarse) In the case of the first cutscene they just hid it out in the ocean beyond where a boat could take you. It was never meant to be found at all. But thanks to good Dodo/Tank flyers it was.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

Are you sure she actually says "Over the mountain", because I don't remember it?

Also I can't find anyone else on-line who mentions it:

"in nearby Carcer City, police chief Gary Schaeffer was cleared of corruption charges in a controversial decision by the courts. Let's hope those missing witnesses turn up safe and sound." - Source

04 - Announcer - Carser City

Andy: So I'm sitting here, reading the Liberty Trade. And it says In nearby
Carser City, A good day for law and order as police chief Gary Shaver was
cleared of corruption charges in a controversial decision by the court.
Let's hope those missing witnesses turn up safe and sound. Source = Gamefaqs

" A good day for law and order , Carcer city police chief Gary Shaeffer has been cleared of corruption charges. Lets hope those missing witnesses turn up safe and sound!" Source = GTAForums - GTA3 Secrets

I not saying you're wrong. All of those vary slightly, I just don't recall it. Anyone got an audio clip?
And as said before, I don't believe the location of the bank is ever really defined. It's just a set. You're not meant to go there anymore than visiting the St Marks Bistro in GTA:Vice City.

warthog 15
  • warthog 15

City Scape Game Devloper

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:00 PM

Sorry I guess I messed up I still think if it was the liberty bank it should be in liberty city cause even though it is a cutscene it still the "Liberty Bank" and it aint inside a building it is outside in a city part. I guess I just made another Ghost Topic Sorry.

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

I know this's an extremely old topic, but figured I'd throw this in for people like me who were researching it. According to a GTA Wikia article, found here: http://gta.wikia.com/Carcer_City - (which I understand isn't a credible source for facts), it says "Carcer City is located several miles away from Liberty City, possibly in Liberty State" - Liberty State? This is the first I've heard of the State of Liberty, perhaps only applying to the 3D Universe version. But if this is true, then the OP's original question can be answered in that Liberty Bank is named after the State of Liberty, and not Liberty City. I don't recall ever hearing a reference to the State of Liberty, but it's possible Google could aid in finding more info on it.

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:04 AM Edited by krasiejow, 22 September 2013 - 10:05 AM.

Interesting fact. I think someone simply called "Liberty State" the area around LC. Reading from gta wiki, Liberty City, Carcer City, Upstate and The Carraways (GTA 4) are all Liberty States. You can find some interesting infos about the last one on gta wiki.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

Interesting fact. I think someone simply called "Liberty State" the area around LC. Reading from gta wiki, Liberty City, Carcer City, Upstate and The Carraways (GTA 4) are all Liberty States. You can find some interesting infos about the last one on gta wiki.

It was never officially liberty state. Liberty State was started during the GTA IV early days when LC in GTA IV was originally to be called Liberty State. It was never once mentioned what state LC is in, but it can be implied New York.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users