Photo

Districts and zones

8 replies to this topic
lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:46 PM

I wondered if illcom could be divided into zones and districts. Illsub could be one itself. So thats how i came into this idea:

user posted image
I divided the map into districts.

• With Illsub as the Darkwood Estates , the richiest residential district of Myriad. It is based on mansions and estates.
user posted image

Old town is the oldest part of illcom. It consists of Docks, Junkyard, Industiral Estates, Run down apartment blocks, hoodlums, cheap hotels and Little Berlin. The place itself is like a mini Bronx. Police suspect that there are farms of marijuana near the borders of Old Town.
There is an important sector of the city here: Little berlin. Little Berlin is home of the German citzens of the city. They have to live in fear of punks, hoodlums, rackets and gangs. There is a large TV tower right in the middle of Little Berlin. There was also a car dealership, but the owner was killed and the store robbed by punks.
It is suspected that there is an Hotel that is used as a brothel by pimps.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

[COLOR=gray] Plaza [/color ] Downtown district of city. Consists mainly of middle class apartment blocks, shops and restaurants. There is also a gym, a high class restaurant, the city's swiming pool, the supermarket and Opius plaza, which is where the names comes from. There is few or none criminal activity in this area, mainly the reason distinguishing it of the rest of the areas with the exception of the one southern this one.
user posted image

Rest on next post.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:49 PM

Wasn't this already done a while back? We even had zone names sorted.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

Yeah, it has been. I could go and dig it up.. but i'm lazy.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:20 AM Edited by Cerbera, 30 November 2006 - 05:28 AM.

I don't think you should put [Official] or even [Official?] in topic titles unless they really are official. Also, do not [img] link to images wider than 500 pixels because it breaks the forum layout in common browser sizes. Do a [url] link to them instead, please.

Since this island is already full of buildings, we can't define themed districts for it. However, giving names to the areas which already exist is a great idea. It's been talked about before but maybe this time more people will be involved and can agree on it together. Shouldn't be decided by one person, though.

Giving proper names to the islands would also be neat. Port Orchid and Necrosis are the only islands with plausible names.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:03 AM

Hmm i remember to that ''someone'' not sure who made a zone file for gta vice city. and its still in the 0,3 base land for vice city and the devkit etc it just needs to be moved with a ipl mover or any other program that can move all coordinates at once in a file. GTA-SA still handles zone names by gxt and zone. files so when i finished the paths of black messa . GTI i will take a sneak peak if i can put something back in, and remeber those street signs we used to have it will be a nice addition to put those back in and make them breakable/ destroyable that are really some minor details we are missing now. So for the people it may be handy to make a to do list for yourself if you are planning to help with these minor things at least i did here is some stuff of mine list

- Finish the paths of GTI and partitialy of black messa
- hand them over to steve-m so he can merge mine paths with the already pre-made paths for Illcom
- Add some more paths on the lots.
- Finish of some important mission coding.
- Finish of the 3 lots i have left.
- Redoing scrappy lots in GTI and changing blurred not correct textures to make GTI les low detail and amature.

and some more things but i think people get the idea of it all.

Watch the paths topic in the following days for a massive update got some hours to work on it today so adding some miles to it wont be such a big problem. turn.gif

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Nov 30 2006, 05:20)
I don't think you should put [Official] or even [Official?] in topic titles unless they really are official. Also, do not [img] link to images wider than 500 pixels because it breaks the forum layout in common browser sizes. Do a [url] link to them instead, please.

Since this island is already full of buildings, we can't define themed districts for it. However, giving names to the areas which already exist is a great idea. It's been talked about before but maybe this time more people will be involved and can agree on it together. Shouldn't be decided by one person, though.

Giving proper names to the islands would also be neat. Port Orchid and Necrosis are the only islands with plausible names.

I was just giving random names. The objective of this topic is giving certain areas in illcom their certain names.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:18 PM

I think as DGT said, the fact the signs are dynamic and work like the freeway signs in SA, they can't be destroyable or summin along those lines...so really, it's either a texture pack needed and make em destroyable (I think this would be better) Or have them as they were, though they really made cutting kerbs a bitch.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (aad @ Nov 30 2006, 09:03)
- Finish the paths of GTI and partitialy of black messa

Don't waste too much time with paths on the Northern islands since illspirit remade/was remaking the roads anyway, so their shape might have changed.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:59 PM

We got 3 distrcits already:

Little Berlin
Chinatown/Little Tokyo/suthing like that
Mansions

The other ones are just illcom chopped into bits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users