Photo

[Official] Amenities: Scripting and Building

17 replies to this topic
BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:47 AM Edited by Cerbera, 29 November 2006 - 12:52 AM.

Lord Fido has asked about scripted amenities like food, clothes, haircuts, tatoos and so on. I think these are SCM scripted. Since they need dedicated buildings, involve lots of files we could customise (especially clothes) and the code for them hasn't been researched yet (AFAIK), I figure it needs a dedicated thread. smile.gif

Note that I'm not putting myself in charge of this or anything, I'm just making a topic for people to coordinate research, figure out locations, sort out interiors and so on.

So, where are we with these?
  • Does anyone know how they work?
  • Has anyone already made some buildings they want these amenities to be in? The shopping mall(s) have been suggested. There was a clothes shop on the West coast of illCOM wasn't there, by Odie?
The hot dogs trucks, street vendor carts, drinks machines, weapon shops and stuff like that also goes here. Basically, anything which you can buy can be talked about here.

Development of vehicle-based side missions such as Vigilante, Firefighter and the Ammunation shooting competition won't go in here.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:19 AM

There are a few clothings tores around MI:

X Wear made by Odie which consists of Clothing similar of those seen in Didersachs, like the soiree outift from VC and some high class suits. Located near illsub.

Mall clothing shop (i dont know name) . It was made by loc0 G and consists in middle class clothing like on Victim. Located in the 2nd floor of the mall.

Mall clothing shop nš2 )i don't know name) . It is on the first floor of the mall and it consists of sport wear like on Pro laps.

Food locations (most are going to work as the fast food stands in SA):

Donut shop . Located on LazioFreaks' swiming pool. Consists of : Fast food , ice cream and donuts.

Fast food stands . There are a couple of Fast food stands on MI. One is near Myraid Planet and the other one is on the art gallery. Food consists of hamburgers and fries.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:33 AM

I'm no coding expert, but I'll explain it in the best way I can

The game has the interiour loaded, the door that you go through however, is a different model. The game then uses the SCM/IPL to make a yellow marker. Upon coming withing contact of that marker, the SCM jumps in and changes the camera angle. The SCM then makes the menu appear. Then it applies basic animations on the door AND the player when you change clothes. The SCM also tells the player.img names. When you exit the menu, the script cuts off and puts your camera back to normal. As far as I know, it is an external script

About where to put the stores, in any Mall would do, like Vice City wink.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:02 PM

So it's basically a cull zone for the camera, like when you drive into pay n sprays etc, and is handled very similar to the car mod shops?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:40 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that car mod shops are fair game for this thread. smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

Mod shop locations are simple enough, I remember there being a few Pay n Spray/Invincibility garages in the VC version tounge.gif .

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Nov 29 2006, 12:42)
Mod shop locations are simple enough, I remember there being a few Pay n Spray/Invincibility garages in the VC version tounge.gif .

Jost_Vice tested them with the script used on the normal San Andreas.

It worked but the camera angle didnt. The pay n spray was too small.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:59 PM

Ah right. Meh, won't take much to throw a few garages about the unreleased lots so far.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:47 PM

The other stores around MI are:

Odie's Lottery . Located on Little berlin. It is a minigame where you buy a random ticket and if you get number 7 you win.

Alexg Sporting center (nothing implemented) . This place is perfect for adding the basket ball courts and an interiour with GYM stuff. Nothin g has ever been done to it before.

German Car Showroom . This place is located in Little berlin. It is a building with a garage included. You can enter and buy a car or you can use the pay N' spray that it includes. My idea is making a mod garage inside it. We should add a teleporting marked (as in SA) that takes you to a garage in the interior world.

BW's Duck shooting . Located inside Odie's skyline. Works just as ammutntion but this time there are ducks .

Plus, additional features should be added, like paying a cop to "activate" the never wanted cheat for a random time , lets say 20 min of gameplay. Another one would be to bribe an officer outside the Jail to give him your weapons back like on VCS. Another one would be ordering food by phone (Freaking Freak has done this on his SA:dopewars mod ) , so a random pizza guy arrived somewhere near you and you can buy food out of him.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:29 AM

Cerbera asked me to pop in here so I have.

The shops are mostly external scripts (found in the script.img). These are loaded by all editors and re-exported so you don't really need to worry about where they come from, just know that they're at the end of the file in the editors.

There are two threads controlling them (i.e. triggering the externals (much like missions)) when you're in the right areas. The first is actually part of the main thread, in previous GTAs this just went into an endless loop, it does in SA too but within that loop are the triggers for the mod shops and, for some obscure reason, the parachuting code (and also AFIAK the lowrider comps, Cesars stuff, photos and something about carparks (valet missions?)) (not that that's relavent). The second thread is just a normal thread which checks both your interior name (not number confused.gif ) and position and runs the relevant external thread. This thread is a bit of a mess but at least it's a consistent mess so you can find your way around.

Cerb mentioned lots of multiple files, AFIAK only clothes shops use external files (at least I know ammunation doesn't).

There are also a number of handy OpCodes: 0929 and 08E8, not fully relevant again but they tie external scripts to specific objects and ped types respectively, so you can tie the vending machine external to the vending machine object(s) and anywhere you place one they'll work. You can also obviously run externals like normal threads (i.e. always running (IIRC)).

Also, unlike previous GTAs pay n sprays and other garages are defined in IPLs, not the SCM.

If I think of anything more useful I'll post (or you ask).

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:29 AM Edited by Cerbera, 11 December 2006 - 05:14 AM.

Thanks for that Y_Less. smile.gif

I assume that TRN4L's car showroom place will have one of the garages out back set up as a mod shop?

(EDIT) I've started playing with IPL cull zones in GTASA. Before testing with water, decided to see about camera avoid and sheltered (aka rainfree) zones:
user posted image
640 x 480, 30.9kB.

Outside of this zone it was raining. Inside it is not. The camera waited outside because I entered when on foot. Several doorways in GTA3 and GTAVC used this effect.

I think that the camera control in vehicle shops must be SCM controlled:
  • If you run into a cull zone and aim your weapon, the camera remains outside. But do the same in a sprayshop and you get the normal weapon aim view.
  • Also, cull camera zones are not triggered if you enter using a car.
  • Finally, since the grge entries for these shops has a name at the end, it seems like this would be a label for the SCM to use. A bit like enex zones?
Here's the data I used, added to illcom_Dynamic.ipl:
CODE
cull
# Sheltered (aka rainless) Zones
# ==============================
# 276.583, 1956.03, 15.516, 0, 15.5164, 15.516, 10.3843, 0, 25.516, 8, 0 # GTASA Area 69 hangar

# Camera Zones
# ============
-047.000, 0546.00, 10.000, 0, 03.7500, 04.150, 10.0000, 0, 25.516, 2, 0 # Odie's car dealership sprayshop
-451.000, 0453.50, 13.000, 0, 04.6000, 08.200, 11.2000, 0, 25.000, 10, 0 # TRN-IA rear garage
end
The sprayshop was created by Jost_Vice and is done by adding the following data to illcom_Dynamic.ipl:
CODE
grge
# Pay 'n' Spray
# =============
-044.157, 542.511, 08.3, -049.2784, 542.520, -048.7975, 549.689, 12.615, 1, 5, berlin # Odie's car dealership (Jost_Vice)
#-455.200, 456.200, 11.3, -455.2000, 450.600, -447.5000, 456.100, 15.000, 1, 5, trnias # TRN-IA rear garage, small
-433.600, 457.600, 11.5, -433.6000, 464.000, -447.9000, 457.600, 15.700, 1, 5, trniab # TRN-IA rear garage, large
end
However, when entering this area the natural camera location which the cull zone should produce was ignored. Instead, you get the same unhelpful camera angle as you'd get without the cull zone. I think that makes it certain that grge cameras are done by SCM.

(EDIT2) I've made the big garage at the back of TRN's lot into a sprayshop and added it to the grge sample. I've also done the small garage as a sprayshop but commented it out so people can test the camera and weather effects in it.

Really, that whole block of buildings should be covered in weather free zones since they are sheltered.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:50 PM

Sweet. A lot of buildings need sheltering sorted really.

Hmm..I've always wondered if the security camera cull zone you had like at the golf club, and the metal detectors are still in the SA code and can be utilised. Would be great for like inside the police station etc.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:22 PM

The camera was taken from Manhunt. I don't think it is.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

umh guys i have tested some bits now again but i cant actualy get the parachutes to open stupid stuff i gues the scripts wont get iniatlized in the scm :s so anyone got the knowledge to get them working in a stripped or fully edited scm made by knife and Gforce let me know i already copied all the lines for the parachute stuff but really i cant get it to work properly or even to open up the parachute anyone got any experience running external scripts let me know.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:15 PM Edited by Cerbera, 11 December 2006 - 05:33 PM.

Aad: please use punctuation. Think about what you want to say, then when it's straight in your head, type it carefully. I'm finding it difficult to understand what you're saying recently! tounge.gif

It's possible Y_Less might help us out with this. He was on IRC giving advice yesterday.

space_einstein
  • space_einstein

Snitch

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:41 PM Edited by space_einstein, 16 December 2006 - 05:51 PM.

I could help with the coding after Christmas. The only other person who knows more stuff about this is PLPyton but Demarest drove him away.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

@space: What happened to the other account?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Dec 11 2006, 17:15)
Aad: please use punctuation. Think about what you want to say, then when it's straight in your head, type it carefully. I'm finding it difficult to understand what you're saying recently! tounge.gif

It's possible Y_Less might help us out with this. He was on IRC giving advice yesterday.

I know Cerbera but as you know im a fast typer trying to say the least with the most words sounds kinda weird but yes i can type thousends of words without even saying anything if you get what i mean so thats what sometimes happends and guys i gues we should get together on IRC again and then i will hand over the stripped scm with save-thread to the expercienced guys, for now my scm includes 7 save-spots randomly placed and i was working on buyable assets like buying the harbor, Odies mansion etc for some big money i got at least on thing working so making those pickups isnt that hard, the other thing is i just bough a xbox 360 so now im addicted to playing Gears of War, but not for long tounge.gif holidays are comming soon withing 4 days so there is my gta holidays again darn i cant get out of my words again hope everyone still understands, i will work on some modding and scripting again in my holidays ""

Cya

Aad tounge2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users