84 replies to this topic
Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron)
??? By the way, is there absolutely any news on getting ODIEs stuff? I'm getting bored having to keep my c4_r1 plans unofficial, plus I've almost finished the lot as it is! (I was given the lot a while back just Steve M said wait a while).

No disrespect for ODIE but can't his buildings just get moved? From a logistical POV it might be easier to move his rather than mine, but meh, I'm easy I guess. could remodel the baseland and use illURB.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

Nope. sad.gif Seems his wife only replies to emails once a year... So yea, no point in waiting any longer, do what you want with that lot.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:59 AM Edited by Cerbera, 03 February 2007 - 11:05 AM.

To the best of my knowledge, JasonB still hasn't sent the Max files for Port Orchid. I've sent him a PM about this:

QUOTE (PM from Cerbera to JasonB)
Hi JB,

Send the Port Orchid Max files right away.

Otherwise, the island might get dropped from the project because it doesn't meet most of the Lot Request rules. Specifically, a release wasn't made after a few months of it being started and there have been no progress updates in months.

It would be a shame for it to go to waste. The decision is yours.

regards,
Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
He is currently browsing the Myriad Islands forum area. I've enabled message tracking on it, so I'll know when he reads it.

We're keeping a big lump of ocean empty for an island which may never happen. If he still won't send the files after this, I'll seriously suggest we drop it from the project.

(EDIT) He came on MSN and we had a short chat over MSN:

QUOTE (Cerbera and JasonB on MSN)
JasonB says: Hi.
Cerbera says: aha, thought that might get your attention 
Cerbera says: I'm not bluffing, btw. keeping that big lump of ocean empty for an island which may never happen is no way to run a project
JasonB says: I know, I've been a bit lazy of late, and a bit preoccupied with a few things. I'll send the files tomorrow since I need to do other things tonight and hence don't have much time for it.
Cerbera says: ok, make sure that you do
Cerbera says: I want PO to be part of MISA, but it's hard for me to justify that when nobody can see the models
JasonB says: When I get home tomorrow I'll wrap up the files and send them over.
Cerbera says: neato
So there we go. smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Jan 31 2007, 12:49)
instead of people scrambling over the remaining illcom lot's, maybe the GTI lot topic should be bumped and people can start focussing on populating GTI  wink.gif

i was requested to repost this in the correct topic, so here it is tounge.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:37 PM

Not a silly idea, as people like TRN are already doing.

Myabe from now on any lots on illCOM should only be handed to people who are known to contribute, that way it's more guaranteed that we'll get a full island sooner rather than later. Waiting on one person who appears to not be doing much in 4 months in order to have a full island seems like a waste of time IMO.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:34 PM

Received a PM from JasonB just before I went to bed yesterday. Only just remembered it, so here you go:

QUOTE (PM from JasonB)
Hi,

I thought it would be a good idea to inform you that I have stumbled across some delays that prevent me from any sort of MI for the next few days. I can't do anything today since I have piano lessons tonight and a large deal of maths work that needs my attention, tomorrow I'll be donating blood and making a start on a large amount of software work that also needs my attention, and that will carry over the Thursday as well. Also I know I said I was going to send the PO stuff yesterday, but I was out much later than expected with my girlfriend, till 10:30 at night and when I got home I needed to shower and goto sleep so I could get up in time for school on the morrow.

Just thought I'd let you know I'm not ignoring or ditching my MI commitments, just my other commitments have sprung up on me.
Not the news we wanted to hear, but at least he's keeping us informed.

Auron, that sounds like a good idea.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:46 PM

I saw this pic in teh 'Request' topic...

user posted image

I wondered why there's a bridge at lot 6?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:06 PM Edited by Cerbera, 07 February 2007 - 07:43 PM.

Thats for Gforce's connection to illRES. It was originally expected to run through Lot 18 but in the updated lot map for GTI, we can see that lot has been taken. Gforce, myself and TRN (who co-manages GTI with Aad now) discussed other places to make landfall.

Lot 6 was agreed on since it is available and hooks into the main 4-lane loop around GTI.

JasonB told me a couple of days ago that he'd made a bridge from Port Orchid to GTI. Hopefully this can make landfall in Lot 17 or Lot 18 so it also hooks into the main 4-lane loop. Nothing has been built on the Ferry lot yet (AFAIK) so that can move to Lot 18 if need be.

(EDIT) TRN also sorted out the GTI lot numbering. Some numbers were being listed twice, replacing the number which should be have been there.

(EDIT2) I've given JasonB FTP access to Project Cerbera so he can make his Max files available more easily. He made a 22MB Port Orchid pack available to us earlier today. He plans to release an updated pack next month, which will be better organised and include tidier models.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

The Ferry Lot was for me, if memory serves. Some time ago I was discussing with aad a bridge from Port Orchid to GTI, and I was going to put ferry docks there as well (there are ferry docks on my illCOM-PO lot as well as on PO itself), and I think he marked that lot for me.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

Cool, a downloadable preview of Port Orchid. Too bad the Max scene is for Max 9, I only got 7 suicidal.gif Lots of textures to play with though cool.gif

JB, any chance you might send me what you got concerning your 2 illsub lots?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:47 PM Edited by Cerbera, 07 February 2007 - 04:56 PM.

Good question: we discussed the illCOM lots and he'll be uploading final versions them in a few days time. I suggested uploading what he's already got but apparently the changes are quite small. So we might as well wait.

(EDIT) Just remembered there's already a Port Orchid discussion topic. Further discussion about the PO pack should go there. I only posted it here to show PO is not a dead "lot". smile.gif

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:38 AM Edited by Bret_HartvsSting, 09 February 2007 - 07:38 AM.

Hi everyone. I am loving the progress on MI. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the project once I get my hands on 3DS after I sort out some computer troubles.

In the meanwhile, I have an idea/concern that I wish to share. It seems that Myriad Islands is going for a multiple small island geographic setup, much like we have seen for GTA 3, or maybe Vice (Although SA was islands it was hardly noticable in many areas and the majority of it appeared as one land mass with a few rivers.

It seems to me after seeing illcom that we are going for progressively denser and taller construction as we get to the middle of the island. On the outer parts of the island we have somewhat quieter residential zones and various businesses and industries which rarely rise above 3 to 4 floors. Towards the centre we have the enormous skyscrapers which look absolutely splendid.

My concern is, as was my concern in all the GTA games, is that a player can be in among the streets completely drowned by the great heights of a multitude of skyscrapers, and yet be in an open part of suburbia within perhaps a couple hundred yards. The phenomenon is recurring if we look at all the GTA games. San Andreas was great for slowly creating a transition of outer localities into downtown filled with skyscrapers, (picture los santos, or san fierro). However even in these cases one could drive through downtown in a matter of 15 or 20 seconds. I believe that the intention is to create the other islands of MI in much the same way, with the centre being the hustle and bustle of the city. It really does fail in portraying a large metropolis, especially when you can be out of it by driving about 10 seconds.

My proposal is one of two things. Firstly, for the next islands, the skyscrapers and large corporate buildings could extend to the edges of the island, much like the island of Manhattan. Then there could be for example two fully size islands which comprise the large city.

Secondly, and most likely better, would be to use the area at the bottom of the islands, to simply a create a huge solid land mass, consisting of a large city based in the lower centre of the map, and extending a long way outwards in each direction. skyscrapers extending from the left to the right, the distance from los santos to san fierro. THAT would feel like a real city.

LARGE SOUTHERN CITY

From the north, the coast looking south could look like the Chicago skyline.....
Chicago Skyline

Imagine looking south from the bottom of illcom, it would look like this : SKYLINE

Thanks for that GTAuron

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:15 AM

Sure thing buddy, use:

http://www.isarapix.com/

or

http://www.imageshack.us/

for image uploading smile.gif

Mr GTA Dude
  • Mr GTA Dude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:05 PM Edited by Mr GTA Dude, 21 March 2007 - 02:12 PM.

Hi there. Really enjoying playing in MI and playing around in the vast wilderness that is currently illurb and I have come up with a little idea.

I know the train system and the road tunnel are currently in development but I was wondering if there could also be a simple series of sewage tunnels or storm drains (like the ones in SA), possibly connecting with the train or road tunnels in some way.
Im sure anyone who has seen The Italian Job, Ninja Turtles or Terminator 2 would see why biggrin.gif

It wouldnt need to be anythign complex, just a few tubes that come to the surface from time to time.

Just a little suggestion
Cheers

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:15 PM

A sewer system was talked about and worked upon in the past but came to a halt. All progress that's going on is focusing on the visible things now really, whereas a sewer system would be less visible ingame but equally, if not even more work then the visible parts. It wouldn't be a main usage like the tunnels anyway, but more omething that's occasionaly used for missions.
So I'm not saying it won't happen, or that MI is against having a sewer system... it's more likely it will not happen cause there are more important things to focus on right now.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

I asked Uni (New York mod) to put some buildings into Myriad since they have stopped the progress (GTA VI)

This is the answer I got sigh.gif
QUOTE (Uni)
Sounds like a good idea.

commando
  • commando

Hustler

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:40 PM

Snow try to reach me on MSN or IRC so we can talk about that.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:41 AM

atm i feel we should deny all lot request's for illcom due to the lot map being massively out of date and also because the V0.6 layout of illcom is almost full!!

there will be free lot's a plenty in the coming weeks when the new revised illnorth island's are released, approximately 200 empty lot's will be available to mod on and lets not forget that Grand Tani will also have some available free space too wink.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:17 AM

Your right Gforce , Grand Tani is also having lots of free space to build on but if i had more time i would have started on revaming the older lots to bad school is really taking up much time but time will tell when i will have another lot finished i gues small lots are no problem for me but the bigger ones will just take longer. I finnaly found some inspiration to get back on modeling and im thinking of quiting making appartment buildings but focus on the office buildings and more commercial things like shops and such.

So just keep watching the PPT2 in the next weeks, pff still got 5 presentations for school to finish before thursday.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:00 PM

Is JasonB still working on PO? Since the (forced??) release of a beta of his island I've sended him 2 PM's as well as adressing him personally here, all without response.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (mickarrow @ Apr 7 2007, 23:00)
Is JasonB still working on PO? Since the (forced??) release of a beta of his island I've sended him 2 PM's as well as adressing him personally here, all without response.

Many apologies to all concerned, should have addressed my lack of work as of late much earlier. A combination of lack of effort and increasing school work (exams and assignments) had me running dry, but I'm getting back into it now, I'm working on PO again and when I get a few things finished I'll have the Pacific Bay docks and train station, as well as fixed illCOM lots ready to roll.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

Excellent news! Great to see you're coming back. PO really was a shock at how much work had gone into it, really is top class and no way should it have been forced off you.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:09 PM

Glad to hear your free time is increasing. if we ever get .6 out, .7 is gonna eclipse it biggrin.gif now we just need to snag a few other of our inactive brethren.

gtavice101
  • gtavice101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Can I have a Lot?
Do you have to reserve for a Lot?
Is there a reservation fee for a Lot?
If there is, how much?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (gtavice101 @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 08:47)
Can I have a Lot?
Do you have to reserve for a Lot?
Is there a reservation fee for a Lot?
If there is, how much?

1 Yes you can have a lot.

2 Yes you will need to reserve your lot in order to get things organized

3 You are free to choose but keep in mind some are already reserved and are not free unless the ones which reserved them are not developing them anymore.

4 Take a close look at the map at the first page which is sort of still up to date besides the lots that Loco_G and Gforce have reserved and released.

So if you want a lot do the following:

1 tell what you want to do with the lot (maybe post some pictures in the PPT topic to proof yourself)
2 tell us the lot number of the map
3 if your story is fine and your lot fits in the theme stuff (which is open atm so not specific themes are chosen yet) it is fine.
4 keep in mind that you will need to stick with the ID numbering of the lot you choose examples were given earlier in this topic) each lot has about 4 ID numbers you can work with.

Hopefully this will answer all your questions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users