» «
Photo

[Official] Lot Discussion

84 replies to this topic
BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:57 AM Edited by Cerbera, 14 January 2007 - 02:36 PM.

Discussing Lots and Lot Ownership
This topic is for:
  • questioning a decision made in Lot Requests;
  • asking about the maps;
  • discussing themes for districts;
  • proposing or opposing new islands;
  • and other discussions about lot ownership and management.
Pictures of lot progress should be posted in the Picture Post Topic. You can comment on progress there.

Lot Maps
user posted image
user posted image
Updated: user posted image

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:44 AM

Good idea.

1. I can host the image on my ISP's FTP page, but I think it would probably make more sense to have it hosted on the myriadislands.com site, and I guess a FTP could be set up to update the map when need be.
2. I think it should, since it's much easier than having to go through the topic.
3. Snow racer might as well keep that up to date, since me and AleXXX can't edit posts due to not being part of the MI group (Although I remade the last topic anyway)

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:53 PM

It important have some good organisation arround here so igues this is the start for it.

Altough Myriad and Illcom is the main subject i want to let people know GTI is still having free lots and needs some nice architecture to fit in.

For now i already have filled arround 12 lots in the center and i still got 3 reserverd but anyone willing to fill up the smaller island or some lots on the main island let me know then i will see what i can do to make it all clearly.

Cya

Aad. dozingoff.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:30 PM

Aad if you need more help on GTi I don't see why it can't be handled the same was as illCOM on here, for example add GTi to the lto request topic if people feel like building elsewhere etc.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:34 PM

i know Gtauron but the main thing is now that GTI get filled by some nice architecture and there was a topic with a lot map and a list that showed which were free and which were taken and in what stage those lots were but like everthing in here it gets lost and locked or trown away. So if anyone is interested just search for the topic or send a pm to get my attention or else it wont get updated.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:39 PM

Well do like the current illCOM request topic and refresh it a bit tounge.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:33 PM

erm... we could do this kind of topic it other topic made by cran and I could do the new Request Lot topic instead of having all that garbage that was made in Cran's topic...

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:20 PM

After all was called map discussion. Meh. As long as there's a pinned topic where you can ask request lot changes, and an unpinned topic for discussion, does it matter?

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:19 PM

We need to discuss the following:

• Barber shops, Tattoo parlours, gyms, basketball courts and properties' locations.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:55 PM

And more clothes stores. I think the mall should at least encompass nearly all of the above, plus fast food too.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:19 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 28 November 2006 - 10:24 PM.

I'll need a lot on the island with Black Mesa on it, preferably not far away from the mountain itself, cause my lot has a lil' something special. turn.gif

Also I don't know if this applies to the lots themselves, but I really dislike the current lighting we're using, it's just like Los Santos, and MI has no point to give off an LS color tone, since it's up north. Where as LS is in sunny California. Something like the country side's or San Fierro's lighting scheme suits MI far better.

I'll stop sh*tting the thread up now. tounge.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

Actually I agree with you there.

Oh btw, talking of Black Mesa, I vote an observatory with a mega telescope to go up there. If nothing else has been modelled yet.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:39 AM Edited by Cerbera, 29 November 2006 - 12:50 AM.

Lighting is already being discussed in the Radiosity Prelighting topic. By making each thrwad one cover a specific thing, stuff won't get lost. It's almost like each topic will be about a topic. Amazing! tounge.gif

Lord Fido, I think all those things are SCM scripted. But since they also involve buildings and buyable objects, I've made an [Official] Amenities: Scripting and Building topic for them.

Aad and Black-hawk have raised a some more administrative questions:
  • Is it time to make maps of the Northern islands? More and more people are requesting to build on it, so I think its is.
  • Are the current sections of land suitable for using as lot boundaries? I'd like GForce's view on that in particular, if someone can find him.
  • Who will make and maintain the Northern map? Snow Racer is in charge of lot ownership, so I think he should.
  • Aad, since you're in charge if GTI it's your duty to organise stuff on it. That includes finding the old picture and bringing it up to date.
  • Snow Racer, would you answer questions 2 and 3 from my previous message please? Also, I think you can choose where the image is hosted since you are now the owner of it. Decide carefully, because it must stay at that same location until we can put it on http://www.myriadislands.com/lots.png.
I'm not sure which of Aad and Snow Racer should maintain the GTI lot list in the long term. Once Aad gets the map up to date, Snow Racer could manage any more requests for it. That should give consistency to the decisions which are taken on lot ownership throughout Myriad Island.

I think Snow Racer will call the shots normally, but any problems will be discussed as a community in here. I think the first post in the pinned topic should have the most recent lot list in it, so it's in the same place as all the requests.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:53 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 29 November 2006 - 06:32 PM.

Where will the image now be hosted

same as always (here)

Should the first post be updated to reflect most up-to-date information?

no need

Who should update the first post?

no one

Is it time to make maps of the Northern islands? More and more people are requesting to build on it, so I think its is.

illspirit didn't released his updated islands so no and we should fix,fill and rebuild some lots on illcom

Are the current sections of land suitable for using as lot boundaries?

I thinik so...

Who will make and maintain the Northern map? Snow Racer is in charge of lot ownership, so I think he should.

I can but it needs Steve's map thingy

http://www.myriadislands.com/lots.png

that dosen't matter if we gonna use scripted version of SVG map that Steve did...
if it will ever happen...

xmas.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

lol totally forgot about the scripted lot map, good point.

I think having the lot boundaries on illnorth as they are now is a good idea as it means if an author wants to do a small project they can use illCOM or GTi, and have illRES and illURB for large projects.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:09 PM

I dont mean to break up the topic, but I've still got models and such for my lots, but i just dont have time to fine tune them to get in-game. If there is someone (must be VERY familiar with the process) who would be willing to take them as they are and create the collision models and fine tune them for the game I could actually help fill a decent amount of space, as i model quickly its just in-game stuff that i loath doing cause it kills my time and i'm not failiar. Delete or move this if it aint in the right spot....

back to my cave i go.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:19 PM

@TRN4L - well I can do that

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

Excellent TRN, good to see you still contributing. I think we kinda need a dedicated mapper, I knoe LocO G was offering a while back, but I'm not Savvy on making .cols suitable for SA so I had to decline. SR, I've got my c3_r2 lot almost done if you're willing to do the same, or anybody for that matter.

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:27 AM

GTAuron: Yes, I'm more than happy to help anyone convert their lots for MI-SA (anything I can do to keep this mod moving forwards).
All you have to do is PM me about it.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Nov 29 2006, 01:39)
•Is it time to make maps of the Northern islands? More and more people are requesting to build on it, so I think its is.

Can't make lot maps before the land isn't final and split up properly.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:27 PM

Talking of that, hows the progress on the train tracks coming along then?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:35 AM Edited by Cerbera, 01 December 2006 - 12:38 AM.

Train discussion should go in the Myriad Islands Train topic. I've replied to your question there.

Steve, thanks for the clarification.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:55 AM

@SR: yeah if you wanna do that for my myriad lots itd be appriciated...

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

[offtopic] like my new avatar? if you think its disgusting i can change it. I got it off Manhuntuncut.com [/offtopic]

I think MI should have someone encharged of making cols and lighting lots. Its really hard.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:40 PM

Well, ideally, come the completion of 1 island, it can all be imported into a scene and all be prelit all together, hence shadows on each others lots etc.

And that ava, whilst I don't really care, will most definately be removed.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:08 PM Edited by lord fido, 01 December 2006 - 11:20 PM.

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Dec 1 2006, 21:40)
Well, ideally, come the completion of 1 island, it can all be imported into a scene and all be prelit all together, hence shadows on each others lots etc.

Are the shadows like on the mission "Madd Dogg rymes" gonna be used? they look very good and you can hide on them.

EDIT: Avatar changed. I miss the old one sad.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:24 AM Edited by Cerbera, 02 December 2006 - 09:34 AM.

Discussion of lighting should go in the Radiosity Prelighting topic. That way everyone's ideas about lighting are in one place. Special effects such as the "stealth zones" should either go in there or in a new topic. My guess is they are a CULL zone, which would make them part of the [SA | DOC] IPL Definitions topic.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:00 PM Edited by steve-m, 05 December 2006 - 05:19 PM.

In this post GTAuron requested c4_r1. The last time I saw a lot map, this one was still assigned to Odie. Well, I know it has been silent for quite a while, but eventually I might get Odie's stuff soon. Since he was almost done with his factory, and that's an industrial zone anyway, it'd be good if GTAuron could still wait a few weeks until I can say for sure if Odie's work is available or not.

Edit: We have 3 topics related to lots: Lots List, Lot Discussion (this one) and Lot Requests. I've changed titles/subtitles slightly, added links to the others at the top of the first posts, and unpinned the requests topic and pinned the lot maps topic instead.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:21 PM

good... I remember that he posted some pictures of his factory...
any chance to get his church?

I have some space that must be filled at my marina (yacht thingy) so if GTAuron wants that I converted his progresses to this marina update... PM me

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Dec 5 2006, 18:21)
any chance to get his church?

If this works out, I'll get everything he ever made. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users