Photo

Skate

944 replies to this topic
EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Break 'yo self!

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

Yeah getting off the board was a much needed feature and I'm glad they've added it to the new game. Trying to get past a set of stairs was so annoying.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Aug 6 2008, 09:58)
QUOTE (Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake @ Aug 4 2008, 22:26)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Aug 4 2008, 19:33)
Looks like you can get off your board...

And it becomes closer to Tony Hawk's.

Well getting off the board makes moving around a LOT easier, you can actually walk back up those stairs instead of going all the way around again. Whats funny is that a new Tony Hawk doesn't even seem to be in the works lol.

Yeah, right now you usually see trailers and are getting tons of info. I haven't heard a peep.

What I hope is that Neversoft is reevaluating the franchise. I think the only way to compete with skate is to overhaul the Tony Hawk gameplay. I'm sticking with Skate though. It's all about the sport, and not about selling the game to someone that doesn't appreciate it's intricacies.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Platinum Plus

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Aug 9 2008, 17:43)
Yeah, right now you usually see trailers and are getting tons of info. I haven't heard a peep.

What I hope is that Neversoft is reevaluating the franchise. I think the only way to compete with skate is to overhaul the Tony Hawk gameplay. I'm sticking with Skate though. It's all about the sport, and not about selling the game to someone that doesn't appreciate it's intricacies.

I'm guessing that Neversoft is reviewing the sales of skate. compared to the most recent Tony Hawk Pro Skater. I don't know the sales exactly but from the public opinion, mostly from people I've spoken to and those on this forum, it seems that skate. outperformed Tony Hawk. I'd imagine that Neversoft is probably going to overhaul the game and make it more like the earlier games and try to improve the gameplay by moving towards the analog stick control instead of mashing button combos to do tricks. Hopefully the do that instead of making it like the god awful THUG 2.

Skate is a great game, I'm not very good at it but I enjoy it nonetheless. I'm not very far along mainly because, like some other people here, I'm having trouble with some of the film requirements. Since I haven't gotten past those and since I haven't gotten to this point in the game, I usually go online and just mess around on the mega ramp. Probably not a big accomplishment to anybody and it's not like it hasn't been done before, but I landed a 1080 on the mega ramp just the other day. I tried to get that each time but could never get more than a nine but this time I landed in the right part of the ramp, hit the wall and got enough height and speed to land the 1080.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

oh man!

we can finally pull off ollie north's, ariwalks, and cavemans; skate 2 is gonna be great.

...unless they f*ck it up.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Aug 9 2008, 23:07)
...unless they f*ck it up.

Which is always a possibility. EA know they have a good thing here.

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:53 AM

So hyped for skate. 2 it's unbelievable. icon14.gif

asimov
  • asimov

up Debts!

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

I bought skate today for only $49, it's so much better than tony hawk's I can't believe it that game blows.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (asimov @ Aug 10 2008, 11:55)
I bought skate today for only $49, it's so much better than tony hawk's I can't believe it that game blows.

Thats what I said. When I started playing the first thing I thought was. "How could I think that Tony Hawk was the best skating game ever?

Anybody play Thrasher. It was a GOOD ASS GAME, but it was very unknown. It's made by R* too....

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

I still have it, but I sold my PS so I can't play it. Which would have sucked more if I didn't have skate.

asimov
  • asimov

up Debts!

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Aug 11 2008, 03:33)

Thats what I said. When I started playing the first thing I thought was. "How could I think that Tony Hawk was the best skating game ever?

Anybody play Thrasher. It was a GOOD ASS GAME, but it was very unknown. It's made by R* too....

I suppose THPS was the best of it's generation.

But I do remember playing it and wishing it could be more realistic. Hats off to EA for solving the controller issue aswell, it really is revolutionary, they could apply the same thing to BMX/MotoX games and such quite easily.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (asimov @ Aug 12 2008, 08:15)

I suppose THPS was the best of it's generation.

But I do remember playing it and wishing it could be more realistic. Hats off to EA for solving the controller issue aswell, it really is revolutionary, they could apply the same thing to BMX/MotoX games and such quite easily.

Well the new THPS' tried with the Nail-the-trick mode, but in their game it just seemed gimmicky. I have no idea what TH can pull out for a new one and make it seem fresh.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

It wasn't made by Rockstar Games, they were just the publisher, the same way Rockstar only publishes Max Payne, they don't make it.

The only way to squeeze another good game out of THPS is to do to EA what Volition do to Rockstar, copy the main ideas and try to make other parts better.

Try.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Aug 13 2008, 08:42)

It wasn't made by Rockstar Games, they were just the publisher, the same way Rockstar only publishes Max Payne, they don't make it.

Well i kind can only see R* as a developer....

asimov
  • asimov

up Debts!

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

I really don't see any way of making THPS better, not including ripping off Skate's controlling system anyway.

That and removing all the other BS side missions you have to do in TH. I stole TH project 8 from work, played it for about 30 minutes then drove down to the shops and pawned it off for $10. what a load of garbage.

And what's this TH down hill jam nonsense? I used to like tony but he really is just a money grubbing whore.

NihilistThoughts
  • NihilistThoughts

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

A good game. I played it most of today. It's very difficult though- some parts got me very frustrated. The second Skate game improved upon this one quite a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users