Skate

944 replies to this topic
GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Brutuz @ Nov 27 2006, 18:16)
QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Nov 27 2006, 18:11)
At least games like the Sims are only published by EA, developed by Maxis.

The original Sims was, but The Sims 2, Nope EA's own team, thats why it has more bugs than The Sims 1 wink.gif

Yeah but EA own Maxis and Maxis still developed The Sims 2 which their logo can be seen at the game start. However EA have now totally omitted the Maxis logo from the game as of the Pets expansion pack. Its still Maxis though including Will Wright.

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:38 PM

I'm still saving final judgement for the finished product...

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:36 AM

This is the best line up I've seen for a skate game, the best street skater, Chris cole (IMO), best vert Danny Way, almost the whole Plan B team PJ Ladd, Colin McKay, Paul Rodriguez, and on Alien Workshop Rob Dyrdek. I don't judge games for the companies that make them, I judge them for how good they are. And this game looks sick, I'd just get it for Chris Cole.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Nov 27 2006, 17:36)
This is the best line up I've seen for a skate game, the best street skater, Chris cole (IMO), best vert Danny Way, almost the whole Plan B team PJ Ladd, Colin McKay, Paul Rodriguez, and on Alien Workshop Rob Dyrdek. I don't judge games for the companies that make them, I judge them for how good they are. And this game looks sick, I'd just get it for Chris Cole.

yeah, but where's Rowley?
I was pissed when they took him out in THUG.
He's been my fav skater since THPS1.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Nov 27 2006, 03:11)
<Snip>

lol. Well leave it up to me to find a non-reputable website for imformation. icon14.gif
My Source.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:03 AM Edited by Stilton!, 21 August 2007 - 10:33 AM.

**rubs the paddles together** CLEAR!

BZZT

well, the demo is out on xbl, and it is fantastic. it takes a while to get out of the tony hawk style button mashing, but once you get the hang of it, its pretty sweet. its much much much more realistic than the tony hawk series. the video editor mode is neat, i can't wait to see what kind of creates people come up with from there.

definate buy here icon14.gif

edit: further impressions. 2x more difficult than thps, 10x more rewarding when you land a sweet trick.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

I've been playing it all morning. From the first time I ollied up a ledge I was in love. Even that little accomplishment was fulfilling. I need this game.

matt11504
  • matt11504

drug free since '93

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

I've been playing it all morning. From the first time I ollied up a ledge I was in love. Even that little accomplishment was fulfilling. I need this game

sounds awesome, wish i had a 360 and XBL (cant wait until christmas)

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

Wow, this game totally caught me off guard. Before I tried the demo I never even considered this as a buy, (since I don't skateboard myself and I'm not very into it in general) but now I'm not so sure. I mean the gameplay is a lot of fun. Landing tricks feels like you've actually accomplished something. The controls are really great. The one thing that I didn't like during the tutorial was the guy commenting on your tricks. Got kinda annoying after the second or third time he repeated, "Siiiiick dude, but try to put some more style into it!" The ragdolling when you fall isn't the best either. Other than that this is going to be a great game.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:31 PM

Yeah, the guy is pretty annoying. It's all sick this, and butter that. Skaters don't talk like that.

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆さんこんにちは

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:46 PM Edited by Stilton's Bitch #3, 21 August 2007 - 11:48 PM.

Just got off the demo and i can safely say io'll be getting this game when it comes out. it was kind of annoying to begin with, the way you do tricks, but it grew on me by the end.

I'll still be getting Proving Ground aswell though, even though it may not get as much play time. I really hope the TH series adopt the whole analoge thing, it seems like the way forward.

Actually, scrape that, TH series already have it with the 'Nail the Trick' features.

dfrawley888
  • dfrawley888

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:23 AM Edited by dfrawley888, 22 August 2007 - 02:27 AM.

I'm gonna stick with Tony unless his next game is as dissapointing as the last, in which case: Skate ftw!

I don't skate but I love the Tony Hawk games, except the lingo: gnarly, sick dude mad.gif

Anyone play Simpsons Skateboarding, I immediately regretted spending that 10, and the commentary made it worse barf8bd.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:03 AM

For the record, skate boarders don't constantly spew out bullsh*t like "gnarly", "sick", "hella" or "sweet".

We might say gnarly, but only if the occasion arises where something truly gnarly does occur. And only in a way like, "That's a gnarly bruise." or "That guy took a gnarly header".

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:50 AM

Eh, the game is alright. I enjoyed trying to get to ollie and sh*t, but after a while I just felt it to be a job to play.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:06 AM

Anyone else having troubles logging into the Mystuff thing on the skate website? The page it's supposed to take you to when you click "Find my videos". For me though I ALWAYS (even though, at the top, I'm logged in) get redirected to the login screen.

Wtf? Solutions are welcome.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Inky @ Aug 21 2007, 22:06)
Anyone else having troubles logging into the Mystuff thing on the skate website? The page it's supposed to take you to when you click "Find my videos". For me though I ALWAYS (even though, at the top, I'm logged in) get redirected to the login screen.

Wtf? Solutions are welcome.

I can't even connect to the servers to upload a video. confused.gif

I don't skate myself either, but this is heaps more fun than the Tony Hawk series, at least the past few. Your body, the board, and the tricks themselves feel they have weight to them. It's also nice to see your board won't just magically flip from under you if you land at an angle, your character balances himself very well. A lot more realistic than Tony Hawk, and it's the skateboarding game I've been waiting for.

I'd love to see somebody try and pull off a 1080 Christ Air in this game.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

I saw a commercial where someone did a christ-air. Just haven't figured out how to do it yet.

PS. Trick list.

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆さんこんにちは

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

To start with i really thought that camera angle was going to be really annoying as you cant see everything around the skater, But strangly it works really well.

I gotta play that demo again now. I think i'm hooked to it like i was the P8 demo.

@Yenik: I assume those are just the tricks that are active for the demo? I really really hope you can do flatland tricks. Freestyle would be kick arse.

Uno Carb
  • Uno Carb

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

I'd have to agree with Zak. I really felt this game was going to be AWESOME, but after playing the demo, it felt more like a job rather than an enjoyment. Because so much goes into even just popping a good ollie, I really felt like I never had enough room to do anything. I'm not too fond of the camera either. It works if you're standing still, but I wish it would pan out just a tad (not as much as Tony Hawk) so you can see things from more than one view. Also, I didn't understand a goddamn thing about the video editor, so I just gave up.

This is definitely one of those games with a heavy learning curve, so I can expect to spend at least the first 3-4 hours getting everything down and tweaking my skill. Tony Hawk was just pick up and play... maybe this new analog control will give it a much higher replay value? Either way, I'll still get this around launch time as well as Proving Ground.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

I'm just in the middle of downloading the demo now, i shall report back later for my opinion. wink.gif

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

it looks nice i might try it. smile.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Aug 22 2007, 10:12)
I saw a commercial where someone did a christ-air. Just haven't figured out how to do it yet.

PS. Trick list.

right on the right stick, and the right trigger while in the air. you need a good ammount of air underneath.

another coll trick is the coffin ride, it can be done as a trick or just skating around, the most rediculously awesome way to do it is back flip into it, once in the air doing the back flip, hold both triggers, and the b button, and hold them up until after you land, and you can skate around like that. of course you could always just start on flat land, hold both triggers and B, and do it the lame way.

once you are doing it, try going under the rails beside the pool, the collision detection is so accurate that his head will actually deflect away from the bar if it isn't turned sideways

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

I downloaded the demo last night and even though I have never been a huge skateboard gaming fan (played some of the older tony hawks) but I loved this demo. the way you do tricks is awesome, and I found myself playing it for a long time figuring out new and fun things. I might just have to buy this game.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it (i didn't read page 2 of the thread haha), but double kickflips and stuff are easy to do. Just do the typical kick/heel flip action but hold the right thumbstick into the final upper right/left position and you'll double it. I think I'm going to go play it again right now...

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:14 PM Edited by Inky, 22 August 2007 - 11:54 PM.

Haha! Success! Ef-you, curb...

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:25 PM Edited by Stilton!, 22 August 2007 - 10:49 PM.

QUOTE (Inky @ Aug 22 2007, 15:14)

motherf*cker, how'd you do it? i can't stay logged in to the skate page. the EA bar on the top says i am logged in, but the skate page still says to log in before seeing my vids

edit: hoops jumped through, got gamertag on, GOT THE VIDEO

matt27689
  • matt27689

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

I'm sticking with Tony Hawks.

Skate is way too robotic and stiff.

I thoght it was more realistic until I saw tony hawks. It's much better, you can go crazy or play it realistically. Tony hawks keeps getting better.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Stilton! @ Aug 22 2007, 16:25)

motherf*cker, how'd you do it? i can't stay logged in to the skate page. the EA bar on the top says i am logged in, but the skate page still says to log in before seeing my vids

You have to have your Xbox Live Gamertag assigned to that EA account. Unfortunately, I found the link on their forums but threads in there are getting buried so fast all I can recommend is checking any thread about logging into the skate.reel and try from there sad.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:45 PM Edited by Stilton!, 22 August 2007 - 10:49 PM.

QUOTE (Inky @ Aug 22 2007, 16:30)
QUOTE (Stilton! @ Aug 22 2007, 16:25)

You have to have your Xbox Live Gamertag assigned to that EA account. Unfortunately, I found the link on their forums but threads in there are getting buried so fast all I can recommend is checking any thread about logging into the skate.reel and try from there sad.gif

yeah, it won't let me do that. it says "error EN_US use.master.account"

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

That last landing there was hella nice.

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆さんこんにちは

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Stilton! @ Aug 22 2007, 23:25)

That is frikkin sweet. how do you do Christ Airs on Skate?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users