Skate

944 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:58 PM

This game looks amazing. The screens are great, but the actual gameplay videos I've seen(crappy video from the TV show "Rob & Big") are even better. Finally someone is making a skateboarding game for skateboarders.

Anyone think it's going to be another sh*tty EA game? Or are they going to try this time?

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:28 PM Edited by FunkyChunky, 23 November 2006 - 06:41 PM.

Danny Way ftw. Better than zee the hawkster.

Ive seen a bit of it in OPSM2 and it looked great. But with these new bits of info, it looks amazing. Could be great, but you never know with EA.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

For f*ck sake do EA ever give it a rest alls they do is make game after game sport wise, they should stop making games for every single sport going confused.gif

Although the screens look good, im tired of seeing EA games all over the shelf cry.gif

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

The only vid I watched (online) was just Chris Cole talking about skating, and that enough made me want the game. Looks f*cking awesome. I can't wait.

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

Those are not screenshots, they are just sh*tty ass renders.

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:16 PM

After seeing the Rob & Big gameplay video I'm sold. It looks so much more realistic than Tony Hawk (except when he jumped the thing and OWNED came up).

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:03 AM

Definitely keeping my eye on this, if the footage in this video are in game, then it could be pretty amazing.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:18 AM

I really hope that they do good on this. Tony Hawk could use some competition. If they battle out to one up eachother then they will finally start making skateboarding games they way I imagine they should be. LIKE ACTUAL SKATEBOARDING!

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:21 AM

After NFS Carbon(or any current EA game) I have hardly any hope of this game being any good but hey if it turns out to be decent then it will be a surprise.

ToyMachine
  • ToyMachine

Scum.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:10 AM

I don't think the footage of the game they show in Rob and Big is the actual game, cause if it is the camera seems f*cked.

Hopefully it'll still be better than Project 8.

Mr.Stevo
  • Mr.Stevo

Meh.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:25 AM

Sure, the graphics look amazing, but will the gameplay be amazing?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:22 AM

It's claim is to be a "skate game by skaters for skaters". That's why I'm excited. If it was just another skateboarding game, I'd probably just shrug it off.

And considering the next gen systems, I wouldn't be surprised if the rob & big video either real or fake. But if it's fake, I'm sure it's possible to make the game look just as good. The big draw graphics wise in my mind is the animation.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:12 AM

Yea, I mean it could look as good as it wants, but if the gameplay dosent deliver, might as well just watch a video.
Im just curious how they will beable to use the right analog stick, and implement so many tricks into them. Because according to them, the button mashing of Tony Hawk is taking away from real skating.

I mean, how much about real skaing can you lean from holding a controler?

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:55 AM

I'm really hoping for this game to be realistic. The last realistic skateboarding game I played was "Thrasher.

...But after remembering EA's history with skateboarding games, I remembered the Tony Hawk knock off for PS1 they put out. It actually wasn't that bad, it just was FAR from realistic.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Flt Lt Sibanda

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

Eh, I might not be an EA fan, but I guess I'll have to keep an eye on this one. confused.gif

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:00 PM

Welcome to the hype machine.

It might look fluid and appear "realistic", but I bet it has 5 short levels and 4 tricks.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (ToyMachine @ Nov 24 2006, 01:10)
I don't think the footage of the game they show in Rob and Big is the actual game, cause if it is the camera seems f*cked.

Hopefully it'll still be better than Project 8.

I actually really liked the camera in that short clip, gave it a skate video feel.

But yeah, I'll just keep an eye on it.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:35 PM

I will probably have those decent realistic features but I think it will fail to have the depth of tricks and abilities of thps games, I just hope EA dont piss about with it, Thrasher didnt have many tricks but I really loved that game. As long as It has decent skating and most fliptricks and such it should beat thps in my eyes.

ell
  • ell

vice city tourist

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:39 PM

COME ON PEOPLE! its EA the same team that brought us Quiditch World Cup, this game is going to crash and burn and you know it

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (ell @ Nov 24 2006, 14:39)
COME ON PEOPLE! its EA the same team that brought us Quiditch World Cup, this game is going to crash and burn and you know it

Who the hell even played that game besides you? EA has plenty of worthwile games, just because you hate them doesn't mean they completly suck...

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:07 PM

The animation does indeed look slick and I guess the camera could be ok, may just need a little bit of getting used to but it could well be some stiff competition for Tony Hawk's. One feature I hope makes it into this game is a 'Skate Video Creator' I've been waiting for one of those since Pro Skater 2!

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ Nov 24 2006, 12:07)
The animation does indeed look slick and I guess the camera could be ok, may just need a little bit of getting used to but it could well be some stiff competition for Tony Hawk's. One feature I hope makes it into this game is a 'Skate Video Creator' I've been waiting for one of those since Pro Skater 2!

I can't remember where, but I read that they might have a 'Skate Video Creator'. After reading that, I was pretty much sold. Then it wasn't confirmed, but they then said that EA might make it so you can make videos, and show them off online and stuff. I just thought that would be awesome.

ell
  • ell

vice city tourist

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:10 PM

Who the hell even played that game besides you?

i played it at GAME
  EA has plenty of worthwile games

oh realy, name one?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:24 PM

How about the number one top selling PC game last month?
Not to mention the number one selling PC game EVER
Wiki Link. Selling 16 million copies, more than twice as many as WoW.

SKATE looks really awesome. I love the camera. If any of you have seen skate videos; that's what it initially reminded me of.

Bauer
  • Bauer

Pisskidney

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:30 PM

Anyone who defends EA should shampoo my crotch.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:09 PM

The game is just being published by the EA we all love to hate. The game SKATE is being developed by "EA Black Box". The same division that made only one other game, NFS: Underground.

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:07 PM

Well...
EA has plenty of worthwile games

Actually the problem is that they USED TO make good games...
Now they just make money.

I really hope this wont be as bad as most of their latest games. But since its EA...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Bauer @ Nov 26 2006, 08:30)
Anyone who defends EA should shampoo my crotch.

Hey, you get rid of your own crabs.

I think EA has plenty of collateral, from the past. Not just much from recent years. Just because they have a few bad years, and have become all about the money, doesn't mean they can't make a good game.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 27 2006, 03:39)
The game is just being published by the EA we all love to hate. The game SKATE is being developed by "EA Black Box". The same division that made only one other game, NFS: Underground.

Actually EA Black Box also developed NFS Underground2, NFS Rivals, NFS Most Wanted, NFS Carbon, and 007 Everything or Nothing but still you only proved that this game has more chance of sucking hard. At least games like the Sims are only published by EA, developed by Maxis. Hey SKATE may not suck but given history it has a high probability of not being that great.

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Nov 27 2006, 18:11)
At least games like the Sims are only published by EA, developed by Maxis.

The original Sims was, but The Sims 2, Nope EA's own team, thats why it has more bugs than The Sims 1 wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users