Photo

Invisible wallz

2 replies to this topic
MChanna03
  • MChanna03

---CarTel 4 LiFe---

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

First of all I would like to say sorry for making a new post for this but I couldn't find my old which I made months ago....

Ok, I know that for Gta SA, when you make buildings in sketchup and transfer them in to the game... you end up with invisible walls... has any body found a way around that?

And for Vice City, I haven't tried to import Sketchup buildings into this game.. so I don't know if I will end up invisible walls, does it happen in there too?

ThX

MChanna03
  • MChanna03

---CarTel 4 LiFe---

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:54 PM

sorry for double but just realized this is in the wrong topic... can someone please move this to modeling... thx

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (MChanna03 @ Nov 21 2006, 11:48)
First of all I would like to say sorry for making a new post for this but I couldn't find my old which I made months ago....

Ok, I know that for Gta SA, when you make buildings in sketchup and transfer them in to the game... you end up with invisible walls... has any body found a way around that?
And for Vice City, I haven't tried to import Sketchup buildings into this game.. so I don't know if I will end up invisible walls, does it happen in there too?

ThX

Use 3Dsmax demo version and try a vertex weld or an Optimize on yout mesh. It'll remove 95% of the invisible walls if you use it right. Trust me, i've already done it, and it works.

For Vice it'll be the same situation, since the col definitions are defined the same way into these two games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users