Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:16 PM

user posted image
[Banner Courtesy of Jonny Tightlips]

I got a Wii early Sunday morning. Here's the video I shot:

I played Wii Sports with two other friends (3 total) and played about three hours of Zelda. Once you get to the fighting in Zelda, it is so, so AWESOME. The combat in Zelda is so AWESOME.

Wii.

Gta Master.
  • Gta Master.

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:24 PM

Ayo, post some vids of you guys playin the games. I wanna see how funny y'all look swingin a TV remote around your living room, haha.

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:36 PM

I think i got interested in the Wii too late, i think i've missed all the launch units here in the UK. Im still going to try though. How much do the extra controllers cost? I dont think it'll be that much fun without a couple of people looking likes fools beside me while i muck around and stuff.

How many different thinks are there you can do with the motion sensory stuff?

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:35 AM

I got to Best Buy at 7:55 AM on Saturday the 18th. I waited in line a grueling 25 hours but ended up being the first person out of Best Buy with a Wii. It was f*cking awesome holding that thing and walking past the hundred or so people in line lol.gif

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Gta Master. @ Nov 20 2006, 16:24)
Ayo, post some vids of you guys playin the games. I wanna see how funny y'all look swingin a TV remote around your living room, haha.

post videos of you buying a PS3, I wanna see how stupid y'all looking wasting 600 dollars on it, haha

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:06 AM

"Are we gonna be on YouToob?"
"Perhaps..."

Haha.

Got mine pre-ordered. Can't wait now! wow.gif

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:07 AM

I saw a Wii in stores and I was honestly unimpressed. I do not like the controller for the Wii, I just don't like the idea, and I saw the Wii and was really less than impressed. Maybe my opinion will change after some games are released and I see what it can really do.

fox09
  • fox09

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Nov 21 2006, 01:09)

post videos of you buying a PS3, I wanna see how stupid y'all looking wasting 600 dollars on it, haha

owned.

Granted, you do look pretty silly waving the little remote around, but damnit, it's a lot of fun.

Gta Master.
  • Gta Master.

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Nov 20 2006, 20:09)

Oh I don't like the cheapest video game console so that obviously means I bought the most expensive one out dozingoff.gif

Anyone spendin $600 on some dumb video game is messed up in the head.

Viva Gta San Andreas.
  • Viva Gta San Andreas.

Viva, extra sorbent.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Gta Master. @ Nov 21 2006, 13:20)
Anyone spendin $600 on some dumb video game is messed up in the head.

Or they're just rich... sigh.gif

Free money anyone?! tounge.gif

I'm not going to be a Wii. Simply because I want the PS3.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:58 AM

Stayed in line with friends all night long. Ended up making a deal with my friend to sell one online and split the profit. No buyers yet. sad.gif Had alot of fun though playing my friends on sunday. Best Potential Wii Game: Leisure Suit Larry.

Gta Master.
  • Gta Master.

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ Nov 20 2006, 21:58)
Best Potential Wii Game: Leisure Suit Larry.

I can only imagine what you control with the Wiimote in that one nervous.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:49 AM

Yes, i'll have a Wii, plz.

Played one in my local mall (Damn american terminology..), and frankly, i'm in love. Just have to get the parentals to think the same way..

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Gta Master. @ Nov 20 2006, 21:20)
QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Nov 20 2006, 20:09)

Oh I don't like the cheapest video game console so that obviously means I bought the most expensive one out dozingoff.gif

calm down, jokes. Bad assumption on my part.

Back to the Wii:it sounds good for First Person Shooters, and I'm hearing good things about Zelda on it.

But I don't buy consoles on launch days. I'll wait a while.

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:00 AM

I tired to play a Wii at my local Target and fankly, I'm unimpressed, is it me or do Nintendo always have the cheapest, but worst (Tech wise) consoles?

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (Brutuz @ Nov 21 2006, 15:30)
I tired to play a Wii at my local Target and fankly, I'm unimpressed, is it me or do Nintendo always have the cheapest, but worst (Tech wise) consoles?

Only thing the competition has on Wii is their hardware, and frankly, when the gameplay is this fun, who cares?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:31 AM

I know this sounds like something a news anchor would say, but...

Seriously, this proves that the although PS3 and Xbox360 have more Mature games, the people playing this "kiddie" console, are much more M-rated. This is darthyenik for GTAF news, good night.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Nov 21 2006, 02:07)
I saw a Wii in stores and I was honestly unimpressed. I do not like the controller for the Wii, I just don't like the idea, and I saw the Wii and was really less than impressed. Maybe my opinion will change after some games are released and I see what it can really do.

Well what game did you play? How long did you stand there playing it? Was there mental pressure to hurry up and play quickly because there were people in line behind you? I've invited over several friends and family members already to do some free marketing for Nintendo for the Wii. I feel like a salesman!

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Nov 22 2006, 13:03)

Well what game did you play? How long did you stand there playing it? Was there mental pressure to hurry up and play quickly because there were people in line behind you? I've invited over several friends and family members already to do some free marketing for Nintendo for the Wii. I feel like a salesman!

I think I played Monster 4x4 World Circuit. I was there playing for a few minutes, in no rush, just about 1 or 2 people watching the game. I really was unimpressed, I don't know what else to say, besides maybe it was the game. The controllers don't seem to appeal to me.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Nov 22 2006, 18:08)

I think I played Monster 4x4 World Circuit. I was there playing for a few minutes, in no rush, just about 1 or 2 people watching the game. I really was unimpressed, I don't know what else to say, besides maybe it was the game. The controllers don't seem to appeal to me.

Try out Wii Sports or Zelda or Madden or Rayman!

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:15 PM

And you didn't invite me?

I really wanted a Wii, but when I found out the game I most wanted (Red Steel) kinda sucks, I don't want it as much...

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Sly_Madman @ Nov 22 2006, 18:15)

And you didn't invite me?

I really wanted a Wii, but when I found out the game I most wanted (Red Steel) kinda sucks, I don't want it as much...

One thing a lot of people still don't realize (and something I didn't realize until I played it again) was that the combat in Zelda is so, so much fun. It's a blast...and people seem to think that because the first person game Red Steel isn't apparently great that there is nothing else.

Zelda's combat is very, very awesome!

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

Dress classy dance cheesy

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:14 AM

Whats the downloading of ninty's back catalogue like?

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Nov 21 2006, 16:33)
QUOTE (Brutuz @ Nov 21 2006, 15:30)

Only thing the competition has on Wii is their hardware, and frankly, when the gameplay is this fun, who cares?

Yeah maybe its the game they had, well and the fact lots of people were watching blush.gif

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:17 AM

You all hear some guy in the background if this was going to be on youtube, haha!! classic

Good work Jordy

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

I'll give out my Wii friends number to anyone else that has a Wii friends number so we can exchange.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

People who are deterred because they feel stupid waving a remote around are dumbasses. Get over yourself and have a little fun, tough guy. That IS the purpose of gaming in the first place.

And graphics are not everything. Games don't have to look uber realistic to be entertaining or of high quality. Some people bother me when they are so focused on visual presentation that they completely ignore how much fun some games can be. Maybe people who began their gaming in the PS2 generation are destined to think that way... but graphics are only a complement to solid gameplay, without which the most beautiful of games can be some of the worst to play. Nintendo has never claimed that they would revolutionize the graphics side of gaming. They've always been on the functionality and fun factor side of development. It's easy to call it "kiddie" because it doesn't spray blood and yell curse words in every title, but that's just a cop out. Give it a shot, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (40ozFreak @ Nov 24 2006, 17:18)
People who are deterred because they feel stupid waving a remote around are dumbasses. Get over yourself and have a little fun, tough guy. That IS the purpose of gaming in the first place.

And graphics are not everything. Games don't have to look uber realistic to be entertaining or of high quality. Some people bother me when they are so focused on visual presentation that they completely ignore how much fun some games can be. Maybe people who began their gaming in the PS2 generation are destined to think that way... but graphics are only a complement to solid gameplay, without which the most beautiful of games can be some of the worst to play. Nintendo has never claimed that they would revolutionize the graphics side of gaming. They've always been on the functionality and fun factor side of development. It's easy to call it "kiddie" because it doesn't spray blood and yell curse words in every title, but that's just a cop out. Give it a shot, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Thank you for that.

I would really really suggest checking out Zelda. The game play is creaming-of-the-pants worthy.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (just another thug @ Nov 25 2006, 17:32)
QUOTE (40ozFreak @ Nov 24 2006, 17:18)
People who are deterred because they feel stupid waving a remote around are dumbasses. Get over yourself and have a little fun, tough guy. That IS the purpose of gaming in the first place. And graphics are not everything. Games don't have to look uber realistic to be entertaining or of high quality. Some people bother me when they are so focused on visual presentation that they completely ignore how much fun some games can be. Maybe people who began their gaming in the PS2 generation are destined to think that way... but graphics are only a complement to solid gameplay, without which the most beautiful of games can be some of the worst to play. Nintendo has never claimed that they would revolutionize the graphics side of gaming. They've always been on the functionality and fun factor side of development. It's easy to call it "kiddie" because it doesn't spray blood and yell curse words in every title, but that's just a cop out. Give it a shot, it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Thank you for that. I would really really suggest checking out Zelda. The game play is creaming-of-the-pants worthy.

I agree strongly. I dream at night of the day I pick up my Wii and TP.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:43 AM

Just got done with another sit-down of Twilight Princess. I'm 20 hours into the game (time tracked by the game) and I'm not even 1/3 of the way through yet. Thank you Miyamoto...

Oh, and I played Madden with some friends today. We were bouncing off the walls having so much fun with the control scheme.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users