• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic
Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Nov 21 2006, 11:51)
Excellent job Seddo icon14.gif Rated topic good.

I was just wondering about the Loan shark missions. I never encountered any parked vehicles to reposses. Everytime I see only a moving PCJ and the Merchandise van.

Thanks Loco icon14.gif

You have never had a parked vehicle in Loan Shark missions, hmmm thats strange notify.gif i have encounted a few during these missions, but i have more after i have done the first 15 missions, i seemed to get a few more than normal, the parked vehicles are much easier to reposses devil.gif

Anyway sorry i havnt done the last mission yet, i will post it soon smile.gif

Long
  • Long

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

When ever I build a new empire or something all I had to do was drive away until I couldn't see the empire icon on the mini radar, waot a few seconds and drive back
strange huh?

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:26 AM

Wow nice work sedo this will definatley help me once i get the game for christmas biggrin.gif lol NICE GUIDE!!!!!! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif lol

jasondeanie
  • jasondeanie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

i've got 100% of the empire sites, and i still keep getting attacked, i thought after you get 100% the attacks stop, it really pisses me off angry.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

Thats strange i thought that after you have got all 100% of the Empire sites that the enemy gangs stop attacking you.

jasondeanie
  • jasondeanie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:01 PM

thats what i thought but i guess not, but they really doing my head in, its always everytime i stand outside lances house

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:32 PM

Great work Seddo.

Do you know when what you call "High Empire" will be available? I've taken over the Bikers' Drugs buildings but I can't purchase a Drug building myself... I know it'll be unlocked sometime in the storyline, but when?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

Thanks again Bakker icon14.gif

High Empire becomes availible once you unlock the beach island, Then you are able to have Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery as Empire sites.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:32 AM

Cant believe I forgot to post in here, been busy with my guide.

Good work Seddo, CCPD's banners are hotness.

DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr
  • DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Vote Saxon!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:41 PM

Great work, Seddo. cool.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:54 PM

Thanks again TD and Deano icon14.gif

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Seddo87 @ Nov 26 2006, 12:11)
Thanks again Bakker icon14.gif

High Empire becomes availible once you unlock the beach island, Then you are able to have Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery as Empire sites.

not with me... i am not able to buy any drugs, smuggling, or robbery buildings after unlocking the beach island (after "from zero to hero"). i was only able to buy drugs buildings after the mendez mission where you capture the bikers building in vice point (forgot the name of the mission).

ill come back with the mission name and the other missions that unlock smuggling and robbery.

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:50 PM Edited by ybakker, 26 November 2006 - 11:52 PM.

sorry, double post. (stupid psp cache)

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (ybakker @ Nov 26 2006, 23:49)
not with me... i am not able to buy any drugs, smuggling, or robbery buildings after unlocking the beach island (after "from zero to hero"). i was only able to buy drugs buildings after the mendez mission where you capture the bikers building in vice point (forgot the name of the mission).

That's really strange ybakker. I just finished From Zero to Hero and haven't done any storyline mission yet, as I'm trying to take over all the 29 Empire Sites. I can swear you can take over Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery empire sites from either the bikers or sharks and can already build similar types of business even without doing the Mendez missions yet.

There's only one biker empire site that you can't take over yet not until you completed doing the Mendez mission Hostile Takeover. But otherwise, all the business types can be built already as soon as you opened the other island.

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:19 PM

Whoops. I cheated. That's probably why blush.gif I teleported myself to the second island to take over all the businesses early...

And once I unlocked the 2nd island, I couldn't take over any more drugs/smuggling/robbery buildings, which means I'm screwed. (Except for that biker's Drugs building in Vice Point). Crap.

And I think, Seddo, you should note somewhere that you can have unlimited amount of buildings of a certain business type. (Unless you already have tounge.gif and unless it's another glitch in my cheated game.) What I mean is that you can have all 30 buildings Drugs or Prostitution buildings. This way, if you purchase 30 Robbery buildings, with full respect level, you can earn $120000+ per payday.

JIMIHEMMY
  • JIMIHEMMY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

I don't think you can create a drug, smuggling, or robbery empire site until after you take over one. Opening the second island did not let me have a 'high empire' site until after I took one over (smuggling). It seems the sharks control all of the drugs and robbery ones (except the 1 biker site that I can't take until I do the Mendez mission.....) on my second island.

great topic btw!

Warp3
  • Warp3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:44 PM

NOTE: The Prostitution earnings grid is incorrect in the BradyGames guide (and thus in this topic as well)! You do indeed make $800 for a High-roller Prostitution business, but you make $400, not $200, for a small-time Prostitution business. I discovered this as you cannot upgrade your initial prostitution business until you complete a story mission (Hose the Hoes - Louise's first mission after Lance arrives).

Due to this, I had a High-roller Protection business, a High-roller Loan Shark business, a High-roller Prostitution business (built from the business that is for sale from the start of Empire Building) and a Small-time Prostitution business. Through various levels of respect-building, my income wasn't adding up correctly (I was making more than the guide said I should be) until I finally turned the final Small-time business into a High-roller and then I was making the expected $7500/day (with max respect level in all three business types). After running the numbers, I determined that the Small-time Prostitution was earning me $400, not $200.

I would assume that the Medium-Venture Prostution business thus earns $600, but I haven't confirmed that firsthand.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:20 PM Edited by Seddo87, 01 December 2006 - 09:21 PM.

Ah, Ok, thanks for posting mate, i have changed the information now and i have given you some credit for pointing out the mistake, thanks again icon14.gif

Edit: I have just finished the guide now after a long wait lol.gif , i just need to clean up some finishing touches now. smile.gif

Warp3
  • Warp3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:43 AM

The weirdest thing has happened with the bikers in my game. They've just gone freaking crazy and started wiping out the other enemy businesses for no apparent reason! I, of course, took advantage of this by buying up all the properties that suddenly came on the market.

So as of now, here is the situation:
- The Cholos own ZERO properties
- The Sharks own ZERO properties
- I own 16 properties - 4 on the west island and 12 on the east island (via taxi jump as I haven't unlocked the east island yet)
- The Bikers own the remaining 14 properties
- I now make $36,300 in daily income (14 of the 16 are Prostitution businesses as they make the most money of the "Low Empire" businesses)
- Best of all...I never fired a shot...the only violent takeovers I've done thus far were the initial three Marty businesses...the rest were all simply buying unoccupied properties! cool.gif

Warp3
  • Warp3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:23 AM Edited by Warp3, 04 December 2006 - 12:48 AM.

Sorry for the double post, but this is two days later and on a different subject than my last post, plus it has some very notable info.

UPDATE TO THE INCOME AMOUNTS
It turns out that my assumption that the "Medium Venture" Prostitution business earns $600/day was incorrect. I did some testing this evening and found that it makes $800/day. Yes, you read that correctly...the Medium Venture and High-Roller Prostitution businesses both make the EXACT same dollar amount per day! I tested it multiple times on multiple prostitution businesses and the result was the same in every case.

So that led me to see if Protection and Loan Shark were wrong as well (I haven't unlocked the other three business types yet). They follow the same basic payout pattern as the Prostitution businesses (i.e. same for Medium Venture and High Roller and lower for Small Time).

So here are the real values for the income levels for the Low Empire businesses:

Protection
Small Time: $200
Medium Venture: $300
High Roller: $300

Loan Shark
Small Time: $300
Medium Venture: $600
High Roller: $600

Prostitution
Small Time: $400
Medium Venture: $800
High Roller: $800

If the high empire businesses follow the same pattern, then sliding the Medium Venture's Brady Guide value down to Small Time then making the Medium Venture value equal to High Roller should be correct. However, I'm not far enough into the game to confirm this yet.

Also I tested two other theories:

- The business does NOT take 2 game days to build like it says in the Brady guide. After testing, it appears the actual value is 45 game minutes (i.e. 45 real-time seconds!). However, the business (and its icon) will not change to appearing completed until you've gone far enough away for the business to completely disappear from your radar.

- Taking over a High-Empire business (Smuggling, Robbery or Drugs) before unlocking the second island doesn't unlock that business type (I didn't expect it to, but given all the other Empire Building guide mistakes in the Brady Guide it was worth a shot...LOL).

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for looking into it Warp, let me know when you have done the other business types icon14.gif

I will edit the tables later tounge.gif

Cypher-89
  • Cypher-89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

When you take over all the empires, do the gangs still try and take them back? Also is any preference to which empires to take over first?

Kazumz
  • Kazumz

Teh Kaz

• Members

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

No, i got 100% on game and had no attacks

MarsNeedsWomen
  • MarsNeedsWomen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:58 PM

Hi all, I just received VCS and I have been playing it for a while. I own 60% of all businesses but I have a problem. I been taking over businesses owned by Bikers and now they're down to one medium venture business; drugs I believe. Whenever I go to it to take it over, I find that there is no gang vehicle for me destroy. Yet, on the map it states that the Bikers still own it. I have not used any cheats so I don't know if the save is corrupted but I can't see why it would be.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

the reason is because you take that one over in a mission for the Mendez Brothers in a mission called hostile takeover an also Seddo are you gonna get pictures of the new empire buildings you can get in Construction mode with pictures of the buildings aswell or a couple of vids of them??

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:56 PM

Now that I've got VCS. I can plan ahead for the Smuggling and Robbery missions.

MarsNeedsWomen
  • MarsNeedsWomen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

Thanks Gantons Most Wanted.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:13 AM

The more businesses you own, the more you get attacked. Dont attack the same gang over and over, they get more aggressive and attack your sites more often.

Sh*t. Lol. I've been attacking the Bikers over and over again. They have no more businesses and the Sharks are left. I guess two gangs will attack me at one time. I guess I'll have to get that Robbery Empire in Ocean Beach and do its missions for the Bikers to stop attacking me. Even though that'll mean all Empire missions are done, the Sharks will still be attacking me until I take over their Empires, correct?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Dec 31 2006, 21:29)
Seddo are you gonna get pictures of the new empire buildings you can get in Construction mode with pictures of the buildings aswell or a couple of vids of them??

I havent got a cheat device so i cant make Videos or take pictures sad.gif

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

I'm having big time trouble trying to get the last building. It won't let me have it. It's the last building but it's the Bikers building. It's the last one I need and I'll have them all but their vehicle won't show up! It doesn't make sense at all, do I have to complete the rest of the empire mission for it to show up? I'm just confused. notify.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users