» «
Photo

Easter Eggs

168 replies to this topic
banxter667
  • banxter667

Hangin with Busey!

• Members

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:53 PM Edited by banxter667, 20 January 2007 - 06:57 PM.

A few doors to the left of Ammunation downtown is an electronics store called "Electric Boulevard", which could be a throwback to the 80's song "Electric Avenue" by Eddie... something, can't remember his last name right now, and I can't get a screenshot of it either as I don't have CD, but you can't miss it, and I'll edit the post with that guy's last name as soon as I find it.

Eddy Grant, didn't take as long to find it as I thought...

We're gonna rock down to...
Electric Avenue
And then we take it higher...

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:56 PM Edited by pimp_60cent, 20 January 2007 - 10:04 PM.

Well i Don't know if this is an Easter egg or not or if it has been discovered. Near the Mall there are some motels, go behind them and there is a fence that keeps you from falling into the ocean, well the bottom half of the fence's design closely resembles the shape of a penis. user posted image

P.S (sorry for the bad quality i used my Phone's cam to snag a quick pic)

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:00 PM Edited by pimp_60cent, 20 January 2007 - 11:11 PM.

Edit: Sorry for the double post this place is seriously lagging blush.gif

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

hi. there is a cafe in little havana that is called "Guano's Cafe" as guano is what a lizards excrement is called.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

also what is a "double post?"
In little havana there is also:
A store called Burger off which when you say it fast it sounds like B*gger off
There is also a store called "page three bookstore" which is a reference to the third page of some newspapers which usually have pictures of nude women
A store called "hardcore pawn" Do i need to say anymore?
in little havana there is a building called "Le vieja cucaracha" which is the spanish word for cockroach it is also a spanish song

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:45 PM Edited by pimp_60cent, 22 January 2007 - 02:50 PM.

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Jan 22 2007, 09:55)
also what is a "double post?"
In little havana there is also:
A store called Burger off which when you say it fast it sounds like B*gger off
There is also a store called "page three bookstore" which is a reference to the third page of some newspapers which usually have pictures of nude women
A store called "hardcore pawn" Do i need to say anymore?
in little havana there is a building called "Le vieja cucaracha" which is the spanish word for cockroach it is also a spanish song

What you just did is a double post. Next time you should edit you post. Ok i think i found another one. I was listening to The Wave the other day when the comercial for Jack Howardson came up, and "He's like just Don't do drugs, just say no. Not for me" At the end of the comerical there is a campaign saying Consider Our Kids Everyday. If you just leave the first letter of each
word it spells out COKE.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

pimp_60cent: Nice find, wouldn't have found it. Although your first one is far from an Easter Egg.

coldfusin33: A double post is two posts in a row. Sometimes they pop up when the Forum is lagging seriously. But like what 60 Cent said, just Edit your first post if you have more 'info', per se.

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

Your chance to repent on the way downstairs.

• Members

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:51 PM Edited by Forelli_Boy, 23 January 2007 - 12:53 PM.

Speaking of radio...

I think Bryony Craddock broke the fourth wall when she described what Vice City stood for on VCPR...much like the Max Payne "you're in a video game!" moment...

For freedom, in a much-controlled way - Player controls actions,
In which everyone looks alike, and thinks alike - Limited model variety and AI,
And can stand on their front lawn with a 12-gauge shotgun - Referring to Multiplayer?

That...is democracy. tounge2.gif

And if you've seen the VC site where Jock Cranley (the "Just Say No(t for me)" guy) seems to always wear a helmet - could that be (a reference to) the Stig?

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

The Little Nellie reference hasn't been added here:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=262932

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:08 AM

Do you guys remember the Fruit LC commerical on the radio?

Well it's a direct parody to the commerical which introduced the Apple macintosh during the 1984 commerical.

You can watch the famous commerical here: http://www.uriahcarp....info/1984.html

I believe V for Vendetta was also inspired by this commerical as High Cancellor Adam Sutler would always appear on the big screen when adressing the board of faicist part members.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

please tell me i this is a double post.
i do not know if this is an easter egg bet if you listen to vrock you here ted nugit say that he is giving away free tickets for the 666th caller with which "666" is the number of the devil devil.gif

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:43 PM

Please check the 1st post, again.

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:08 AM Edited by pimp_60cent, 28 January 2007 - 06:27 PM.

I think i found another one. Right acroos the street from the Pole Position club There's a store called Skinny Dick's, and It's a surfshack. You all get the reference tounge.gif

EDIT: I Don't know if this is one or not, but if you look closely there are some cops in blue (you can find them in the country club entrance,Viceport,airport) in the back of there shirt it says Patrol Investment Group. If you leave the 1st letter of each word it spells out PIG, which is common slang when reffering to dirty cops.

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (ybakker @ Jan 27 2007, 18:43)
Please check the 1st post, again.

Sorry I wasn't aware that you had made the Fruit LC - Apple Macinstosh connection.

However I do believe I have brought something new to the table by comparing the Superbowl Macintosh commerical to the one on the radio. Next time I'll check for any new updates on the first post and make sure to include your name.

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:15 PM Edited by Forelli_Boy, 02 February 2007 - 03:15 PM.

Sometimes it's not just the names on the signs but also their placement.

Take, for example, the foodcourt in Vice Point/North Point Mall. Decker's 'Dogs right in front of Flap Lickin' Chicken.

EDIT:
Since we could get away with Lance's choice of suit color as a secret/easter egg...
There are a disturbing number of references to Miami Vice in VCS, but more specifically, many found in this clip from the pilot episode:
1. Lance says "I am my brother's keeper!" to Vic, though I forget which mission it was. "My Brother's Keeper" is the title of the pilot episode.
2. Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight." Duh.
3. Benny's Restaurant Boat, near the Viceport-Washington Beach bridge. --> Bennay's Cafe (neon sign, 1:11)
4. Crocker and Tubbs --> Officer Cracker and Butts multiplayer models. Note that Butts is unlocked after Cracker thanks to Philip Michael Thomas' presence on the cast as opposed to Don Johnson.

And does that guy at 1:19 in THIS clip remind you of Phil's Manager Barry?

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:02 AM Edited by pimp_60cent, 03 February 2007 - 05:42 PM.

Ok well one of the bikes is called 'Ventoso' which is spanish for fart, and one of those little mini stores that you can rob is called 'Mal Viento' which is again spanish for fart, cool little easter egg huh?

EDIT: Thanx Stefan fixed it uped now.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:15 AM

60 Cent: Nice find. icon14.gif Although fart is spelt with an 'f'.

I think I have an easter egg.

While you are working for Reni, his assistant (with a homosexual voice) is called Frankie. This could be a reference to the name of the predominantly gay boy group, 'Frankie Goes To Hollywood'.

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

• Members

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:36 PM

Go to the main scrolling marquee at Hyman Memorial Stadium and watch it for a bit, it'll broadcast the Hotring/Bloodring/Dirt Ring as "future attractions."

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:34 PM

I think I have one, ok in the manual thats called the 'Vice City Inquirer' near the back in the music section theres a 'CD' that has all those songs in the game (not for sale in real life) thats called 'Wow Is What We Call Vice Beats' which is a clear spoof on the franchise of Cd's 'Now Thats What I Call Music'. It even uses the same logo and CD cover. Go check It out.

Ubersoldier
  • Ubersoldier

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Nov 26 2006, 01:51)
Les Beans from GTA: Liberty City Stories is back in GTA: Vice City Stories. You can find Les Beans in Downtown near King Knuts. There should be a Streetfighter motorcycle parked around there.

Screenshot of Les Beans from GTA: Liberty City Stories:
user posted image

Also the Hitmen from GTA: Liberty City Stories is back in GTA: Vice City Stories. You also get to use them again in GTA: Vice City Stories multiplayer.

Plus that movie billboard called Short Deal Don's Revenge you see in the window in front of your safehouse in Vice Point, the movie title has the same font as Liberty City Stories.

I already posted that les beans was in lcs you dont have to post it again ..

I founded it . so credit to me .

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

Speaking of the instruction manual, the "Vice City Market" page shows what is clearly a Chevrolet Corvette (ZR-1?) and not a Banshee. If you look very closely, even the badge on its hood matches the famous Corvette flags.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:45 AM

A mural of Che Guevara is found on a wall in Little Havana.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

That's not Che Guevara, it's Umberto Robina. But the theme/idea is based around the Che mural.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:30 AM

Are you sure?

I haven't looked at it up close, but from a glance it looks exactly like Che Guevara.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Stefan Matovic Cvetkovic @ Mar 10 2007, 10:30)
Are you sure?

I'm positive -

user posted image

Jason Frost
  • Jason Frost

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (ybakker @ Nov 27 2006, 17:27)
Another one!!

If you see around Vice City, there are billboards, or other advertisements that have R*LAX on them.

See the example:

user posted image

It advertises R*LAX. Now look here, a closeup:

user posted image

Notice PTGateaux. This is an obvious reference to the famous outdoor advertising company JCDecaux, founded in France. It was established in the UK in 1983. (I don't know when it was established in the US.)

Gateaux is actually a French word meaning "cake". Probably mocking the French person's name who founded JCDecaux, Jean-Claude Decaux himself. But I dunno what the PT stands for...

I havent noticed it until now. Is it in any other GTAs?

I'm french and when I have seen this sign, it's sounded to me like "Petit Gateau" for "Little Cake".

Mister Zero
  • Mister Zero

Z Test Subject

• Members

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

Just something to note, is the room that holds the original Easter Egg from VC solid now, or does it still act hollow when you leap into the wall?

Smallo
  • Smallo

ARGH!!!!! Smallo

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:25 AM

well MR Zero in the PS2 version u can jump in it and it has a mini crane with the egg being constructed with a #11 smiley there. but i think it wasn't like that in the PSP version.

Carlito_Brigante
  • Carlito_Brigante

Insurgent

• Members

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

I don't know if this has been said before (probably it has), but at the little tourist guide thing by Hyman Stadium, if you read the message it'll say something like "Congrats on getting all the easter eggs [..] by the way, the Christmas party was great!"

This might be PS2 only btw.

csgrambauer
  • csgrambauer

thegrambauer

• Members

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:22 PM Edited by csgrambauer, 14 March 2007 - 10:26 PM.

[QUOTE=ybakker,Nov 28 2006, 13:20] Here are a few pics:

user posted image

Just to let anyone know who might not know this, but that first picture ("Short Deal") is a parody/spoof of Arnold Schwarzenegger's action movie, 'Raw Deal' back in the '80s. Same/similar catchphrase etc., and 'big gun ready for action' image.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users