Photo

Easter Eggs

168 replies to this topic
Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

The last one is an obvious reference to E.T.

Good work all, by the way smile.gif

Smallo
  • Smallo

ARGH!!!!! Smallo

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

ok added all the eggs.... please rate topic good.

Meta
  • Meta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

That "Los Santos Fop" can be seen in bigger size in Washington Beach near Pole Position. Can't get a pic.

Oh my credits for the R*Lax billboard is gone :< .

Smallo
  • Smallo

ARGH!!!!! Smallo

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:28 PM Edited by Smallo, 28 November 2006 - 09:33 PM.

ok i will give credit to meta and ybakker. oh and ybakker can you please put that ducum inn image in that post where u 1st mention it.

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:10 PM Edited by ybakker, 29 June 2008 - 10:32 AM.

Sure, I'll do that.

But do note that what I found was the PTGateaux mockery of JCDecaux, not the advertisement itself. It'd be best if ya changed the description to "PTGateaux" or something like that.

And also, please check the description of Ducum Inn.

I've got another batch:

"Special Fried Vice" is a spoof on Special Fried Rice:

----------

"el pequeńo cocinero" means I believe "the small cook". I dunno if "cook" in Spanish is similar to "cock" in Spanish, but it sure is in English:

----------

"Libros Sucios" means I believe "dirty books" probably referring to adult book genre. And "Nâlgas Grândes" means nothing in Spanish. But without the accents, with the normal "a", it means “Big Buttocks” or “Big Butt”.

----------

“Barber Black Sheep” not so obviously refers to the nursery rhyme “Baa Baa Black Sheep” which is common (and I think originated) in Britain.

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:58 PM

Antoher one I found, concerning the "Domo Arigato, Domestoboto" mission.

I found this on the Wikipedia page on VCS.
It's about what the Domestobot says on the screen, in the corner, when Vic takes conrol of it. It takes a nod at the "Back to the Future" movie.

"In addition, when "driving" Domestobot, DOS-like messages appear at the top of the screen saying humorous things such as "ANNOYING VOICE CHIP CHECK". An interesting one is "FLUX CAPACITOR AT 110%". This is an obvious nod at the Back to the Future DeLorean which used the flux capacitor to travel through time."

(Source: Wikipedia)
biggrin.gif

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:39 PM

Ray the Otter.
Don't ring any bells to me... Maybe it can help anyone there

The Ray the Otter film and billboard was one of the first things I saw in the game that I thought was a reference. The reference being the actor Ray Liotta who played Tommy in Vice City.

The main reason this stood out for me was because the first time I saw it was as a film title advertised on the cinema on the west island. It was right above another title "The Evacuator".
I assumed this was a reference to what I read about him not wanted to be associated with Vice City after the games release (never actually checked the facts on this).

You can see another pic of the Nintendo robot here.

Carlito_Brigante
  • Carlito_Brigante

Insurgent

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:49 PM

Well I did figure I wasn't the first to point out the Barzini thing but you said "i'm just providing the image" so I concluded that you might not've gotten the reference. But I guess you knew already.

Tommy B
  • Tommy B

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:04 PM

Maybe "Ray the Otter" refers to Conker the Squirrell ("Conker's Bad Fur Day", etc)?

Meta
  • Meta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:57 PM Edited by Meta, 04 January 2007 - 09:50 PM.

I found few "e-Cola" soft drink automats (what's the right word?) from the Vice point Mall.
Also found these too: "Drink Sprunk" billboard in Little Haiti, and some Sprunk cans from the safehouse kitchen. I'm trying to get the pics but I'm having some problems with my computer at the moment so I hope I can get them soon.

Edit: Okey I got the pictures. Sorry about the bad quality, but as I'm unable to use the cheat device I had to use a digital camera.

1) The "Drink Sprunk!" billboard and Sprunk cans:
"Drink Sprunk!" billboard
Sprunk cans
As we all probably remember Sprunk is the soft drink advertised also in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas and it's also a reference to Sprite.

2) e Cola vending machine
http://img215.images...ge=ecolals0.jpg
A clear reference to Coca-Cola.

3) The "R*LAX" billboard
http://img154.images...age=rlaxrq4.jpg
The other R*Lax advertisement.

4) Los Santos Fop
http://img241.images...antosfopwc7.jpg
The billboard of the poster which ybakker spotted.

5)"Redwood Jr" billboard
http://img216.images...edwoodjrfw1.jpg
Other Redwood Jr billboard.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:32 AM

Thanks Ybakker for putting up the picture for me. You're the best. And thanks Smallo for putting up my name there. I hope this topic gets pinned. *Rates topic good*

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

Rockstar Says Relax

A parody/clone of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's song "Relax" inspired Tshirt: "Frankie Say Relax".

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

A quote from the "funniest VCS' moments" topic:

I failed the Phil Collins concert mission last night to see if you saw him get squashed by the light rig. Unfortunately you don't, but when it comes up displaying MISSION FAILED! there's a little sub text saying 'It seems Phil really did feel it in the air tonight'. It's obvious, but I laughed all the same.

Smallo
  • Smallo

ARGH!!!!! Smallo

• Members

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:06 AM

Ok sorry for being off the scene for a while i am going on holidays till news years day so goodbye my friends talk to you later.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:01 PM

Not sure if this easte egg has been found yet, but..
Go to your compound safehouse, and go inside. Go to the back and look into the right side of the closet. You should see a hawaiin shirt just like Tommy's.

wow.gif

No picture, sorry. Maybe someone with a CD could get a pic.

Smallo
  • Smallo

ARGH!!!!! Smallo

• Members

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:59 PM

added more.

Meta
  • Meta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:20 PM Edited by Meta, 04 January 2007 - 09:46 PM.

Found a Rockstar building in Downtown.
Click here. And again sorry for the bad quality.

Meta
  • Meta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:24 PM Edited by Meta, 12 December 2006 - 04:27 PM.

Sorry for double posting but I found some intresting things from the multiplayer. I don't know if these are counted as Easter Eggs but anyway. In multiplayer there are some characters with funny names like: Tess Tickle which's kind of obvious, Martha Fokker obvious one too, Pearl Neklass (reference to pearl necklase: see http://www.urbandict...pearl necklace) and T.J. Sucker (I don't know where that comes from but wasn't that also a name of a multiplayer character in LCS?).

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:05 AM

@Meta: Yeah, the multiplayer characters have a lot of funny names in it. the army dudes "Pvt. Parts" and "Pvt. Places", and a homeless woman "Anita Shower" (<something like that) tounge.gif . I mentioned the "T.J. Sucker" a while ago, being a spoof on William Shatner's cop character, T.J. Hooker.

crazyfurie
  • crazyfurie

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:43 PM Edited by crazyfurie, 18 December 2006 - 08:03 PM.

dont know if someone already listed this but its not a easter egg......go to were you find the Nothin to see here (under ship wit funny smiley tounge.gif ) but go to the right of the ship and were it blocks u off just keep swimming then start to go to your right and eventualy goes threw the wall hard to explain and cant make vid or pic but

If you keep swimming to the right of the ship where it blocks u off keep to the wall and move into the wall wile at the same time swim back the the dock but not in front (sorry cant explane it well but mybe if someone does it and can explane better please be my guest tounge.gif )

*EDIT*Do not Use boat/jetskee it will crash lol

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

I heard of the ship easter egg. There's a hidden message in there right?

Anyways I was watching the cut scenes over yesterday after getting 100% and I noticed in the mission Snitch Hitch Lance is talking to someone on te phone and this is what he says:

"Pink. No, white. No, blue. I'll take all three!"

The second time I watched this I understood that Lance was ordering his future suits. Pink for the VC official game art, white for the one he wore in VC and blue for the suit in VCS. I thought it was pretty cool since I'm not one to usually notice things like that.

virvoitusjuoma
  • virvoitusjuoma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (brucewayne909 @ Jan 2 2007, 02:51)
I heard of the ship easter egg. There's a hidden message in there right?

Anyways I was watching the cut scenes over yesterday after getting 100% and I noticed in the mission Snitch Hitch Lance is talking to someone on te phone and this is what he says:

"Pink. No, white. No, blue. I'll take all three!"

The second time I watched this I understood that Lance was ordering his future suits. Pink for the VC official game art, white for the one he wore in VC and blue for the suit in VCS. I thought it was pretty cool since I'm not one to usually notice things like that.

Thats f*cking cool, i must check it out!!!! tounge.gif tounge.gif

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

Wow! That's definately the best Easter Egg ever! mercie_blink.gif Really nice find!!

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:19 PM Edited by brucewayne909, 02 January 2007 - 11:25 PM.

Thanks a lot. biggrin.gif

The links to the easter egg pictures don't work for me, can someone please help me out and briefly tell me where each one is found? So far I've only got the one on top of the house in Prawn island. Thanks.

EDIT: Now I only need eggs 6, 8, 9 and 10.

Also another reference to the Mendez's brothers' name may be the real life Menendez brothers who killed their parents in 1989. It was a huge deal back then, sort of like the OJ Simpson case.

http://en.wikipedia....nendez_brothers

Smallo
  • Smallo

ARGH!!!!! Smallo

• Members

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

added more finally sorry for being gone for so long.

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:55 PM

Hey, Smallo, good to see you're back.

I have one. I'm not sure if this has been found yet.

In Little Havanna, there is a billboard advertising a movie or show, called "Ray the Otter". I think it sounds a lot like Ray Liotta. Don't ya think. tounge.gif Anyway, it might be an egg, but if not, it is pretty interesting.

Add away! smile.gif

T-Cipp
  • T-Cipp

GTA's Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:02 AM

@ brucewayne909 - thats awesome. i never would've guessed, though i was wondering whatthe colors were about. nice find!

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:51 AM

Not sure if this is an Easter Egg or not, or if it has been said, but look at the "Mr Whoopee" from the top (hold up on the analog stick) It looks abit like a face tounge.gif And yes I know that those two icecream bits look abit like boobs confused.gif

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

Your chance to repent on the way downstairs.

• Members

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:33 AM Edited by Forelli_Boy, 20 January 2007 - 05:38 AM.

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, and I don't really know if it's an Easter Egg or secret in itself...

The package you're supposed to pick up for Umberto in "Nice Package" is shaped like someone's package, wrapped in gray paper. It's very difficult to notice this because it's only out in the open for a very short time (no puns intended) before you or your competition during the mission pick it up, AND it blends into the color of the sidewalk (or at least it did because I did the mission during the evening.)

@Blackadder: They were shaped like boobs in the original VCS. Check out their shape in SA. biggrin.gif I don't know about the face though...

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:37 AM

Well, I don't know if this is an easter egg or not, but on a wall in Little Havana, there is a picture of Che Guevara.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users