• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13,702 replies to this topic
kietotheworld
  • kietotheworld

Hater Player

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

I tried to download the highlights of the Arsenal-Stoke game yesterday, but there was some kind of mistake.

I got Ramsey's Kicked Shin Nightmares instead.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:22 AM

He didnt mean to break the guys leg. It was a pure accident. Shawcross has never had a red card before has he?

Well done Man Utd, see if you can add to it.

nlx
  • nlx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (kietotheworld @ Feb 28 2010, 19:26)
Does everyone accept that United are the most successful club in English Football now then? There was a bit of dispute over it last year/ colgate.gif

At least you have the best Goalkeeper in the world. So f'ked up that he does not return to the national team sad.gif

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

Sick and tired of United fans from around my area blagging me about the Game yesterday. Support your home team for f*ck sake, otherwise don't talk to me. Very proud of the Villa boys though, it's a shame we always tend to let teams attack us once we have a break-through.

I felt bad for Shawcross, looked devastated, reminded me of the Scott Parker challenge on Bullard, and Parker ended up walking off the pitch crying too. Wish Ramsey a speedy recovery.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Feb 28 2010, 23:43)
Nah i don't think he did, he was definitely playing the ball, his poor touch that knocked it slightly a head of him and the quickness of Ramsey just resulted in the incident.

I never said he meant to break his leg, just to kick him up in the air. No doubt in my mind it was meant, otherwise why would he try and lace it?

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

I'd say he intended to go hard in on the ball, but didn't quite meant to injure Ramsey. And at least he showed some remorse afterwards.
Unlike Axel Witsel's tackle in the Belgian league last year
Linkage, it's very nasty

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:44 PM Edited by nerner, 01 March 2010 - 05:52 PM.

If I was Ramsey I'd rather have him thinking about his actions beforehand than crying like a bitch about it afterwards...

http://i970.photobuc...127/ramshaw.jpg

Frame by frame shot of the incident, notice how far back his leg is pulled in the 3rd frame, anyone who tackles sliding and swinging a leg like that needs to break someones leg like that, maybe he will learn how to be hard but fair? At best that was reckless but at worst it was cynical and horrifyingly stupid.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Mar 1 2010, 17:48)
I'd say he intended to go hard in on the ball, but didn't quite meant to injure Ramsey. And at least he showed some remorse afterwards.
Unlike Axel Witsel's tackle in the Belgian league last year
Linkage, it's very nasty

sh*t, I was able to forget that. Nasty.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Ghetto Star

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia
  • GTAF Premier League Predictions League 2016/2017 [3rd Place]

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

It's a bit hard to tell from that picture but you can see that his leg was raised. He's a tough player though, so I doubt it was a malicious dig at Ramsey but rather his natural way of tackling someone (which happens to be clumsy and f*cking retarded). At worst, he was probably trying to trip him up a bit but accidentally caught him when his leg was already in an awkward position, leaving Ramsey with his leg as it is.

If he was intending to break his leg then he wouldn't have been crying. Plus didn't he visit him in the hospital afterwards? You can't really ask much more of him, what's done is done, these things happen in football and there have been some generally nastier, more evil players than Ryan Shawcross.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Mar 2 2010, 10:23)
If he was intending to break his leg then he wouldn't have been crying. Plus didn't he visit him in the hospital afterwards? You can't really ask much more of him, what's done is done, these things happen in football and there have been some generally nastier, more evil players than Ryan Shawcross.

I never once said he was intending to break his leg, just kick him up in the air like Stoke players do (yes, I am generalising a bit) I think it is sad taht it happened to Shawcross as he is decent and a good lad but the fact that he is crying makes no difference, it is still a sh*t tackle. The sad thing is that if he hadn't broken Ramsey's leg it would have been a yellow.

As for the more evil players than... part I never said he was evil or nasty, just that he needs to learn how to tackle properly or people will get f*cked up like Ramsey.

As for the Wasilewski break that looks worse than it actually is apparently. He is on track to make a full recovery and should play again around October/November time.

On the Busst scale I would give Ramsey a 6 and Eduardo and Wasilewski both 7's.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:47 PM

Terry gives his first interview about the Bridge scandal.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

Yes Man United FC well done let more trophies come and get them Glazers out!

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:48 PM Edited by nerner, 03 March 2010 - 08:54 PM.

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Mar 3 2010, 16:40)

Trophies can't get the Glazers out by the way. Since they are inanimate objects. tounge.gif

And England are playing sh*t. As I expected...

3minty3
  • 3minty3

Are you watching closely?

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (nerner @ Mar 3 2010, 16:48)

They certainly played well later on.

Great result for the scots and for levein.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Mar 3 2010, 15:40)

Trophies will actually make them stay. The only way you will get them out is when the club stops generating money...winning things makes more money. So until you do a Liverpool they wont budge.

England havent played together for a long time, No Rio, No Cole at the back, Barry in the middle, it wasnt a regular line up. I thought after a pretty hard first half they got it together, The manager did really well by not making mass changes at half time like we have seen in the past, let them mould together and they did the job. Crouch was outstanding! If he doesnt go to the World Cup I will not be happy. Rooney should have been rested last night too, he is tired. Baines played really well, fingers crossed with him playing the full 90mins he will be in the Managers plans.

Anyone see this on BBC? biggrin.gif
http://news.bbc.co.u...all/8543965.stm

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (3minty3 @ Mar 3 2010, 23:19)
QUOTE (nerner @ Mar 3 2010, 16:48)

They certainly played well later on.

Great result for the scots and for levein.

What can I say? Crouch makes us tick...

Anyone heard about this yet?

Not another one...

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:43 PM Edited by Seddo, 04 March 2010 - 06:56 PM.

QUOTE (Waddy @ Mar 4 2010, 08:53)
QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Mar 3 2010, 15:40)

Trophies will actually make them stay. The only way you will get them out is when the club stops generating money...winning things makes more money. So until you do a Liverpool they wont budge.

They still f*cking stay win you win naff all.

Although we were still 7th in the top earners list for the 08/09 season.

QUOTE (Waddy)
Anyone see this on BBC?† biggrin.gif
http://news.bbc.co.u...all/8543965.stm

I've seen the adverts of him striking a ball in slow-motion and missing it and falling on his arse.

But that video is quality biggrin.gif.

Aussiebushmatt
  • Aussiebushmatt

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

I believe the Daily Telegraph sport section was right in naming Crouch and Wright-Phillips 'Super Subs' this morning. I was also shocked to hear that Crouch's goals were his 19th and 20th for England in his last 37 appearances. Nicely done. smile.gif

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Aussiebushmatt @ Mar 4 2010, 20:52)
I believe the Daily Telegraph sport section was right in naming Crouch and Wright-Phillips 'Super Subs' this morning. I was also shocked to hear that Crouch's goals were his 19th and 20th for England in his last 37 appearances. Nicely done. smile.gif

And that basically means that he could break the scoring record in another 56 appearances...

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

If Capello wants to play with a target man then Crouchinho should easily be the one to chose from instead of Heskey. Plus most of the teams in the World Cup won't have had much if any experience playing against someone of his size.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Ghetto Star

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia
  • GTAF Premier League Predictions League 2016/2017 [3rd Place]

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:16 AM

Depends. He isn't that quick so you would want to play him as a lone striker with Rooney/Defoe in support behind him against Slovenia because Slovenians play more of a quieter brand of football, while against Algeria (who are quicker) you'd want a two-pronged attack of Rooney and Defoe or something, otherwise he's just be standing there and your midfield would be overloaded with more work while going up front.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

Great comeback by the lions, well done Crouch and SWP.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:46 AM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 05 March 2010 - 11:57 AM.

QUOTE (Seddo @ Mar 2 2010, 23:47)
Terry gives his first interview about the Bridge scandal.

[vid]

Ooooh, you had me there seddo. It wasn`t until the Avram Grant interview that I cottoned on, lol. I was about to fly into a rage, especially the soccer am part, I was like, "How can he be so brazen about it" very funny.

Crouch not going? Unthinkable! England need players who do the business in the shirt. We`ve seen lots of players fail for England, but the team when Crouch and SWP came on looks good as a starting XI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users