...::[The Footy Desk]::...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12,636 replies to this topic
SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:05 PM Edited by SIKKS66, 08 April 2009 - 08:08 PM.

Barcelona really are the team to beat this year...

Gonna stick my neck out and say that if Porto do beat United next week it could well be a Porto/Barca final. I see both teams going through the semis.

Edit : GET IN!!! Liverpool 1 - 3 Chelsea. Hopefully Liverpool will choke in the league too.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:05 PM Edited by girishb, 08 April 2009 - 08:11 PM.

Bloody hell, where was this Ivanovic kid all along!?

Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea

cool.gif

Edit: Holy f*cking cow, it's Drogba now. 1-3 to Chelsea. wow.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:22 PM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 08 April 2009 - 08:37 PM.

Come on Liverpool! Do something, at least Terry misses next match, which can prove useful.

And why the hell did Babel come in just at this moment?

EDIT: f*ck it, I hate to say it, but I've lost hopes. 3-0 is far too impossible for me to see. Maybe a 1-1 at the start leading to a 3-1. But that's the best I can see if we're to keep up with the result.

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

Had to listen to the match on the radio, as I can't afford the pub and I don't have Sky. Hate to admit it, but sounds like we got f*cking stuffed tonight. Fair play to Chelsea, I think our old defensive frailties got the better of us second half.

We need a three goal winning margin next week, and I think Chelsea have only conceded seven at the Bridge all season. Bugger.

Moncai
  • Moncai

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

f*ck YOUR HISTORY WE'RE GOING TO ROME

kietotheworld
  • kietotheworld

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (kietotheworld @ Apr 7 2009, 18:25)
Benitez has started spewing more ill informed sh*t in Sir Alex Ferguson's direction. Again criticised him for talking about other teams to much before ranting about how scared another team are.

Another great idea to try mind games from Senor Benitez.

Chickstick
  • Chickstick

Fortunate Son

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Moncai @ Apr 8 2009, 20:41)
f*ck YOUR HISTORY WE'RE GOING TO ROME

I was going to leave a short post saying we were awful tonight, and that really the margin of victory should have been more if not for a couple of smart interventions from Reina and Carragher, but instead I'll just say, f*ck you. smile.gif

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (kietotheworld @ Apr 8 2009, 20:43)
QUOTE (kietotheworld @ Apr 7 2009, 18:25)
Benitez has started spewing more ill informed sh*t in Sir Alex Ferguson's direction.  Again criticised him for talking about other teams to much before ranting about how scared another team are.

Another great idea to try mind games from Senor Benitez.

Not that it made any difference whatsoever to the result, of course.

Moncai
  • Moncai

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

News report: Michael Essien has been diagnosed almost 12 stones overweight. Confusion was cleared up when the found Steven Gerrard in his back pocket.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Apr 8 2009, 20:38)
Would I look ridiculously insane if I predict a Chelsea win tonight?

I f*cking knew I should have bet my entire life savings on this.

I don't think Terry missing the next match will make a big difference though. A 3 away goals advantage is going to be tough for Liverpool to wipe out at Stamford. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but history says otherwise. But then again, history has proved itself wrong today itself.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

Well, gutted by the result, but it was deserved. We didn't show up at all, and our attack was almost nil. We were fortunate not to give away any more than we did.

Three goals at Stamford Bridge? Lets go, boys.

kietotheworld
  • kietotheworld

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

Anyone fancies Liverpool to go through they're at 17.5/1 on Betfair. I think in Guus Hiddink Chelsea have found a manager tactically superior even to Benitez.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

That just confirms my theory that whenever a Serb plays in the Premier League, your team will do well. biggrin.gif

Seriously though, 2 goals? Wow. He's a f*cking awesome player for the national side as well; he plays better than Vidic when Serbia plays. icon14.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

Now everytime Liverpool play, Steven gerrard will be man marked.

kietotheworld
  • kietotheworld

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:33 AM

Won't work so well unless you have someone as good as this man

user posted image

and central midfielders who can do his job are in a minority of one.

Moncai
  • Moncai

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (kietotheworld @ Apr 9 2009, 02:33)
Won't work so well unless you have someone as good as this man

user posted image

and central midfielders who can do his job are in a minority of one.

But don't trust him with a calculator!

Hmm I wonder where Seddo is? Still hasn't surfaced.

Moncai
  • Moncai

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

f*ck off Phil Thompson you deluded scouse prick.

http://www.skysports...5157820,00.html

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Moncai @ Apr 9 2009, 14:46)

You know that was posted the night before the match, right?

Besides, you shouldn't really take notice of him when he comes out with things like...

Chelsea have had some good results, particularly at Newcastle at the weekend,

I mean, did anyone expect anything other than a Chelsea win last weekend...?

Moncai
  • Moncai

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Apr 9 2009, 14:01)
QUOTE (Moncai @ Apr 9 2009, 14:46)

You know that was posted the night before the match, right?

Besides, you shouldn't really take notice of him when he comes out with things like...

Chelsea have had some good results, particularly at Newcastle at the weekend,

I mean, did anyone expect anything other than a Chelsea win last weekend...?

Yeah I do know that he wrote hat before the game, hence he is an idiot for saying how "confident Liverpool should be". Anyway another stupid scouse prick is Torres:

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Moncai @ Apr 9 2009, 12:31)

I'm here inlove.gif . Got back in late last night and went bed as i was tired and then i was in work today, so not had a chance to get on. Although i'm surprised you never switched the telly off and gave up after going 1-0 down.

I really could say that it was Liverpool playing poorly rather than Chelsea playing good and that it was Liverpool's 'mistakes' in defence that cost us the game rather than Chelsea's attacking play sigh.gif .

That was one of the worst performances i've seen by Liverpool for a while, other than the opening 15-20 minutes and a few moments in the last 10 minutes, we we shocking, not seen so many loose passes from Liverpool like that in a while, defended like United for the majority of the game. We had a shocking attacking performance and we didn't really get going. Really Drogba should of had the game wrapped up a long time before the third goal even went in, those 3 chances he had were awesome chances and i was surprised he missed them.

Allowing Ivanovic(?) to move around our box that freely on a few occasions and get free headers, that is zonal marking at it's worst as no one picked him up. Essien was great though, really didn't allow Gerrard time to move and he only had a couple of chances were he was free. usually when Gerrard gets picked up then Alonso takes over but he never really got into the game either. Then Dosshouse and Babel come on and they done nothing apart from mis-control a few passes.

At least we were singing until the end and never started flooding out after 80 minutes though. Overall Chelsea deserved the win but the tie is not just over yet.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

I think Liverpool are down, but not out. As in Istanbul they only had 45 mins to score 3 goals, but now they have 90. I would still much rather be in Chelsea's position at the moment though. English teams aren't getting it all their own way this year though, with all of the matches involving Brits and foreign teams being drawn. I thought Man Utd looked slightly shaky at the back again against Porto.

Moncai
  • Moncai

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Apr 9 2009, 18:44)
QUOTE (Moncai @ Apr 9 2009, 12:31)

I'm here inlove.gif . Got back in late last night and went bed as i was tired and then i was in work today, so not had a chance to get on. Although i'm surprised you never switched the telly off and gave up after going 1-0 down.

I really could say that it was Liverpool playing poorly rather than Chelsea playing good and that it was Liverpool's 'mistakes' in defence that cost us the game rather than Chelsea's attacking play sigh.gif .

That was one of the worst performances i've seen by Liverpool for a while, other than the opening 15-20 minutes and a few moments in the last 10 minutes, we we shocking, not seen so many loose passes from Liverpool like that in a while, defended like United for the majority of the game. We had a shocking attacking performance and we didn't really get going. Really Drogba should of had the game wrapped up a long time before the third goal even went in, those 3 chances he had were awesome chances and i was surprised he missed them.

Allowing Ivanovic(?) to move around our box that freely on a few occasions and get free headers, that is zonal marking at it's worst as no one picked him up. Essien was great though, really didn't allow Gerrard time to move and he only had a couple of chances were he was free. usually when Gerrard gets picked up then Alonso takes over but he never really got into the game either. Then Dosshouse and Babel come on and they done nothing apart from mis-control a few passes.

At least we were singing until the end and never started flooding out after 80 minutes though. Overall Chelsea deserved the win but the tie is not just over yet.

Interesting that Sky turned off the away fans microphones as the players came out of the tunnel to make YNWA more audible. Our support really was quite strong last night, often a rarity these days but nice to see that for parts of the match we dominated in voice. Sing when you're winning and all that. I'm hoping that Thompson can write an article saying how Liverpool will mount a massive come-back at the Bridge, he seems to be good at jinxing his own team.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

That bit wasn't really aimed at Cheslea/you, it was just a dig at the OT exodus.

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Stefan. @ Apr 8 2009, 23:46)
That just confirms my theory that whenever a Serb plays in the Premier League, your team will do well. biggrin.gif

Two words: Savo Milosevic.

Eh, Im told it was the best Chelsea performance for some time. Haven't seen any of it though, so can't comment on that. Cracking support as usual, it just remains to be seen how we get on at Stamford Bridge. An early Liverpool goal could make things very interesting (yes, I know we scored early last night, too!).

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

Wonder what the odds are of both United and Liverpool going through.

darius940304
  • darius940304

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Apr 8 2009, 22:48)
QUOTE (girishb @ Apr 8 2009, 20:38)
Would I look ridiculously insane if I predict a Chelsea win tonight?

I f*cking knew I should have bet my entire life savings on this.

I don't think Terry missing the next match will make a big difference though. A 3 away goals advantage is going to be tough for Liverpool to wipe out at Stamford. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but history says otherwise. But then again, history has proved itself wrong today itself.

Yep....I will love to see Chelsea win the Champions League this year...just think about it...Manchester has won it...Bayern has won it...Porto has won it....Liverpool has won it.. and Barca has won it....Chelsea deserves to win the Champions League...ohh and that Ivanovici player...is miraculos...he even scored against Romania(my Country)... from a corner...like his 2 goals yesterday.. tounge.gif

Rafinha
  • Rafinha

But I just don't give a f*ck...

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Haha, the next winner of CL will be Man City...LOL

Btw, what's the result between Man City and Hamburg?

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

It's 3-1 now to Hamburg, they've taken charge of the game aswel now. Why would Man City be next winners of CL? Just wondering if anyone saw the poor women get smacked off the head by a cup of beer lol.gif lol.gif so funny.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Rafinha @ Apr 9 2009, 21:19)
Haha, the next winner of CL will be Man City...LOL

Btw, what's the result between Man City and Hamburg?

You're funny inlove.gif .

City can't be the next winners as they won't be entering next years competition. But who knows in a few seasons there might be a triple threat Champions League final between City, Villa and Spurs, who would you want to win that?

The current score is 3-1 to Hamburg.

Rafinha
  • Rafinha

But I just don't give a f*ck...

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Apr 9 2009, 20:30)
But who knows in a few seasons there might be a triple threat Champions League final between City, Villa and Spurs, who would you want to win that?

Spurs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users