Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (flicko @ Feb 12 2009, 11:27)
FIFA World rankings are a load of wank. I mean, how can Scotland be placed so high up...?!

Yeah and it was like when Mexico and USA were placed around 4th mercie_blink.gif.

Zyo
  • Zyo

GTAF Crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Scotland

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

FIFA World rankings are a load of wank. I mean, how can Scotland be placed so high up...?!

lol, who knows. Maybe because Andy Roxburgh is the Fifa technical director?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:35 AM

Rankings means nothing when it comes to football, they just to be something that FIFA likes to waste there time on. Lol. Anyway lets face it did Greece look at the rankings before they won the Euro's a few years back? No, so its not a big deal IMO were teams are.

Zyo
  • Zyo

GTAF Crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Scotland

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

At the least it is a reasonable reflection of recent performance. If not future potential.

Funnily enough stefan, I just noticed that only one place ahead of serbias 33rd. Is Scotland in 32nd.

norniron
  • norniron

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Chunk @ Feb 11 2009, 21:23)
Northern Ireland won 3-0 tonight, only playing San Marino though.
You might not care, but I'm a Norn Iron man.

I care, Green and White army!!! biggrin.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Feb 12 2009, 11:29)
QUOTE (flicko @ Feb 12 2009, 11:27)

Yeah and it was like when Mexico and USA were placed around 4th mercie_blink.gif.

Yeah, and not too long ago Scotland were ranked 11th(!) with England placed only one spot above them in 10th(!). Ludicrous I tells ya'!

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

The only ranking that matters is the league ranking at the last day of the season colgate.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Feb 13 2009, 01:40)
The only ranking that matters is the league ranking at the last day of the season colgate.gif

...and I guess the Champions League group stage matches.

zyonig: Yeah, how can we be so sh*t to be behind Scotland! tounge.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

So i see the news that the Premier league will kick off on the 15th August and finish on 9th may next season, so that will be five weeks before the World Cup. FIFA rules say domestic leagues must finish 4 weeks before the World Cup starts so England have been given a extra week to prepare by the English FA. One option was to start the League on the 8th August but Premiership chairmen weren't happy as they wanted longer pre-season training. So that means we'll get a double header of football so early in the season during the August Bank Holiday when the clubs will play on Saturday and then the Monday.

So this will give an extra week for Capello to prepare for the World Cup and give the English lads an extra week to get used to the South African climate, this in my opinion will be the hardest tournament in recent years for England to compete in just because of the heat factor.

Funny that the F.A making all these changes and we haven't even qualified yet, just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the bum.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Feb 13 2009, 19:56)
So i see the news that the Premier league will kick off on the 15th August and finish on 9th may next season, so that will be five weeks before the World Cup. FIFA rules say domestic leagues must finish 4 weeks before the World Cup starts so England have been given a extra week to prepare by the English FA. One option was to start the League on the 8th August but Premiership chairmen weren't happy as they wanted longer pre-season training. So that means we'll get a double header of football so early in the season during the August Bank Holiday when the clubs will play on Saturday and then the Monday.

So this will give an extra week for Capello to prepare for the World Cup and give the English lads an extra week to get used to the South African climate, this in my opinion will be the hardest tournament in recent years for England to compete in just because of the heat factor.

Funny that the F.A making all these changes and we haven't even qualified yet, just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the bum.

Damn right Seddo, England has to qualify first before people can really start making preperations for the world cup. But the FA would have made this decision now because they know that if they made it later on that alot of the managers would of been complaining, because they would'nt of been given much notice about the situation. Either way though i dont see it making a whole lot of difference for England as they will choke again when i comes to the big time, like they always do. So you could give them 5 weeks or a year off wouldnt make much difference to the squad if you ask me.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ Feb 13 2009, 22:04)
QUOTE (Seddo @ Feb 13 2009, 19:56)
So i see the news that the Premier league will kick off on the 15th August and finish on 9th may next season, so that will be five weeks before the World Cup. FIFA rules say domestic leagues must finish 4 weeks before the World Cup starts so England have been given a extra week to prepare by the English FA.  One option was to start the League on the 8th August but Premiership chairmen weren't happy as they wanted longer pre-season training. So that means we'll get a double header of football so early in the season during the August Bank Holiday when the clubs will play on Saturday and then the Monday.

Damn right Seddo, England has to qualify first before people can really start making preperations for the world cup. But the FA would have made this decision now because they know that if they made it later on that alot of the managers would of been complaining, because they would'nt of been given much notice about the situation. Either way though i dont see it making a whole lot of difference for England as they will choke again when i comes to the big time, like they always do. So you could give them 5 weeks or a year off wouldnt make much difference to the squad if you ask me.

England can only go so far before losing on penalties.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:42 AM

Well at least the FA are being optimistic about it. England certainly have the capability to qualify, and Capello is a great coach, so the chances of them qualifying are quite high. Even if they don't qualify, I doubt that finishing the season 1 week earlier would make that much of a difference, because then if an English team is playing in the Champions League final, then they would have an extra week's preparation.

I don't, I'm just speculating on what could be.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:39 AM

Old Firm today. If Rangers win they're top of the league.

Who do you reckon will win?

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Everton V Villa in an hour.
Nervous about this one to be honest. Villa are playing some excellent football at the moment. Really on a good run. Everton still no decent strikers.

Im hoping for the best but not as confident as I was when we beat Liverpool.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

1-1 after seven minutes!

This is shaping up for another thriller. Great for the neautral. icon14.gif

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

Old Firm ended 0 - 0. A pretty crap match.

2 - 1 Everton. Arteta scored a penalty on 24 minutes.

xavi2008
  • xavi2008

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

well at least Celtic are two points clear of the huns. Man City are apparently bidding 20 million for John terry in the Summer

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:38 PM

Great win for Everton, really deserved, i fancied Villa to win this tie but Everton played the better.

They will go into the next draw high on confidence as well.

Come on Derby Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Feb 15 2009, 16:38)
Come on Derby  Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif.

I never thought I'd see a Liverpool fan wanting Man Utd get beat. sly.gif
But I do hope Derby can pull it off and knock the so called "Champions of the World" off their throne.

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

Im abit gutted about the result, i wasnt confident atall they wanted revenge. We didn't seem like we wanted it tho, sloppy passing, the bench was full of youth players, high balls over the top confused.gif

Hopefully we can concentrate fully on the League now, Chelsea next.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

2 - 0 Man Utd at half-time.
They're playing Derby off the park.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

Great result for Everton. Very well deserved.
Lets hope we can keep it up.
We have West Ham or Boro in the next round!

Blackburn Rovers or Coventry City v Chelsea

Swansea City or Fulham v Manchester United

Cardiff City or Arsenal v Sheffield United or Hull City

Everton v West Ham United or Middlesbrough

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

So it looks like Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Everton are in the semis then.

Didn't realise there's only 8 teams left...

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

For anyone interested, the Milan derby is about to kick-off over on BBC3. Beckham's appearance is the reason it's being aired, I'd think. I'll be tuning in. The programme started at 7pm, but I'm not sure when kick-off is.

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Human After All

• Zaibatsu
  • Unknown

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

We never really looked like winning today against Everton. Missing Heskey and Barry really showed as Carew never seemed to get involved and alot of passes were going no-where in the end, Barry would of easily solved that problem.

I'm not taking anything away from Everton though, they played the better football while missing important players too.

Martin has basicly said he's putting out a weaker squad for the Moscow game on wednsday, at first i thought "what the feck is he thinking" now I realise he's resting key players to concentrate on the league and securing champions league football, which I'd rather see us playing that burning energy in the uefa cup and slipping back to 5th in the league.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Feb 15 2009, 19:16)
For anyone interested, the Milan derby is about to kick-off over on BBC3. Beckham's appearance is the reason it's being aired, I'd think. I'll be tuning in. The programme started at 7pm, but I'm not sure when kick-off is.

Thank you!
Completely forgot about this.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (EasyTiger @ Feb 15 2009, 19:27)
Martin has basicly said he's putting out a weaker squad for the Moscow game on wednsday, at first i thought "what the feck is he thinking" now I realise he's resting key players to concentrate on the league and securing champions league football, which I'd rather see us playing that burning energy in the uefa cup and slipping back to 5th in the league.

What's the point in that then?

Say if you do get into the Champions League this season, so next season you'll put a weaker side out in the cups and in Europe again so you can concentrate in the League so you'll qualify for the Champions League for the following season?

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Chunk @ Feb 15 2009, 19:31)
QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Feb 15 2009, 19:16)

Thank you!
Completely forgot about this.

Me too.

Cheers for that.

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Human After All

• Zaibatsu
  • Unknown

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:31 PM Edited by EasyTiger, 15 February 2009 - 08:35 PM.

QUOTE (Seddo @ Feb 15 2009, 21:05)
QUOTE (EasyTiger @ Feb 15 2009, 19:27)

What's the point in that then?

Say if you do get into the Champions League this season, so next season you'll put a weaker side out in the cups and in Europe again so you can concentrate in the League so you'll qualify for the Champions League for the following season?

No because hopefully us becoming a champions league team will attract more players allowing our "second team" to be not that weak at all.

it's only going to be dramatic this season because we have a very small squad, if we build on it in the summer we can afford to rest certain players regulary, at the moment we seem to draw or lose games everytime we're missing say young or barry.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

Glad that out of all players it was Timmy Cahill that scored. If only he can replicate his form for the national team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users