• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12,636 replies to this topic
Ramirez
  • Ramirez

The Bulls

• Members

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Joey.Leone @ Mar 22 2007, 21:02)
Yo Rammy, are you like a full blown Hereford fan now and not so much a gooner?

I guess its good to support your hometown club, Ive always followed mine, and now with even more interest since they got to the Conference. (St Albans) We are like one of the only teams in the division who are not professional. The other team which are local to me are Watford, but like St Albans in the conference they look like a bunch of part timers to the rest of the division.  sigh.gif

I'd say that I'm more of a Hereford fan than a Gooner, but it takes nothing away from my love for Arsenal. I mean, I'm ashamed that I've never been to an Arsenal game and that I've been to see Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff, Coventry, Derby...I go to every Hereford game I can get to, but I have missed 16 this season (been to 29 out of possible 45). these that I missed were usually due to living in Leeds for a bit last year and/or girlfriend commitments. We're in a sh*t run of form at the moment but I love the Bulls with an absolute passion. Thinking back to the events at the Walker's Stadium last year brings tears to my eyes.

That's great you support St. Albans, I mean someone has to! tounge.gif Alright you're second-from-bottom but like you say the team is part-time and you've only just been promoted. But there's 8 games to go and you're 6 points from safety...

Joey.Leone
  • Joey.Leone

COYS!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Ramirez @ Mar 23 2007, 00:17)
That's great you support St. Albans, I mean someone has to! tounge.gif Alright you're second-from-bottom but like you say the team is part-time and you've only just been promoted. But there's 8 games to go and you're 6 points from safety...

Well, anything is possible eh.

Its a big ask but if it could be done, it would be very good for the club me feels. Build on it, etc. Well we'll see. They dont really have much trouble scoring goals, I think they have scored more than some promotion chasers, its just the goals that they ship. Sounds a bit like Spurs actually. tounge.gif

Oh, and credit to you for going to Hereford games when you can. Its good that you support your hometown club with a passion. icon14.gif Ive been to Clarence Park (St Albans homeground) a few times to see a game and well, its pretty umm.. sh*t. tounge.gif

Jokes aside, Come on you Saints! and COYS wink.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:05 PM

Good to see some support for home town/city teams. I’m actually from Southampton which is why I support them but due to the distance I very rarely get the chance to go watch a match.

I live in Milton Keynes but would never go watch MK Dons. I hate the fact they were bought and re-made to suit the city and its surrounding areas. This all from a London team with a long history and to throw that all away and move to a city many miles from London is wrong. I would have preferred a Milton Keynes team to have been grown and developed itself, I really hope AFC Wimbledon overtake MK Dons someday.

Cuse510
  • Cuse510

Chi-Town

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:47 AM

I also support my hometown team... but that team is the Chicago Fire. Not exactly in the world's top tier. So, while I do not follow the MLS as much as I do the EPL, I try to watch Fire games when possible. They've actually produced some good talent over the years. I saw Beasley and Bocanegra play for them before they moved over to Europe. Kind of cool...

Ramirez
  • Ramirez

The Bulls

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Mar 23 2007, 21:05)
I live in Milton Keynes but would never go watch MK Dons. I hate the fact they were bought and re-made to suit the city and its surrounding areas. This all from a London team with a long history and to throw that all away and move to a city many miles from London is wrong. I would have preferred a Milton Keynes team to have been grown and developed itself, I really hope AFC Wimbledon overtake MK Dons someday.

I went to Milton Keynes earlier in the season when Hereford played them away. We somehow won 3-1 but then again we were playing our best football of the season at the time, possibly due to the fact that we had established a nice formation and had John Eustace in the centre of midfield.

What a weird place though! Is there actually a town centre? I went to the train station and apparently there's a Wetherspoons nearby, how that's possible I don't know it seems like a great big retail park! The away end is comedic, just a little stand on the side of the pitch that's not very long at all but goes quite far back and is relatively steep. Franchise FC they're known as...

Joey.Leone
  • Joey.Leone

COYS!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Mar 23 2007, 21:05)

I agree 100%. Its sad with what happened there.

But hopefully as you say AFC Wimbledon overtake them some day. They are 1 division below the conference now, or is it 2? Im not sure.

What is the deal with the trophies the old Wimbledon won? Do they count under MK Dons honours?

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

What a weird place though! Is there actually a town centre? I went to the train station and apparently there's a Wetherspoons nearby, how that's possible I don't know it seems like a great big retail park! The away end is comedic, just a little stand on the side of the pitch that's not very long at all but goes quite far back and is relatively steep. Franchise FC they're known as...

Weird is one word for it! There is a town centre, it's actually not far from the current stadium. Wetherspoons is even closer but it's all towards the shopping centre which is north from the stadium. The current stadium as you say is a joke, lack of roofing and p*ss poor size it really should have remained solely used for hockey.

But hopefully as you say AFC Wimbledon overtake them some day. They are 1 division below the conference now, or is it 2? I’m not sure.

What is the deal with the trophies the old Wimbledon won? Do they count under MK Dons honours?

I think AFC Wimbledon are 2 divisions bellow the conference, but I looked at the tables for their division a week ago and they are doing well, could get promotion.

This may have changed but a while ago I read MK Dons got the trophies, which for me is a joke as it was Wimbledon FC that won them not MK Dons. There was talk of AFC Wimbledon campaigning to get them but I haven’t read further since.

As Ram said Dons truly are Franchise FC and I would love nothing more to see them relegated again and again.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:43 PM

0-0 OMFG lol.gif

That's gotta be England's worst ever run in competitive history with their past 3 games, i mean f*cking 0-0 against sh*tty Israil. bored.gif We should be twatting these type of teams for six with our so called 'best players'.

We are going to f*cking struggle to get to Euro 2008 at this rate.

Oh and can anybody see i difference between Macca and Sven. icon13.gif

monkeyman237
  • monkeyman237

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Mar 24 2007, 20:43)
0-0 OMFG lol.gif

That's gotta be England's worst ever run in competitive history with their past 3 games, i mean f*cking 0-0 against sh*tty Israil. bored.gif We should be twatting these type of teams for six with our so called 'best players'.

We are going to f*cking struggle to get to Euro 2008 at this rate.

Lol, it looks like England are going to need to play for second place, with Croatia top and England third, the gap is five points. bored.gif

Anyway, Scotland, Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland all won today, with Wales losing to Ireland 1-0.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

Well, them Portuguese boys took the win. Other than having such a great second half, I loved one thing in this particular game - Quaresma owned. Everyone's praising Ronaldo, even the damned game commentators and analysers, and yet he didn't do jacksh*t in this game, other than stealing a goal from Quaresma and scoring his own.

Ramirez
  • Ramirez

The Bulls

• Members

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

Well I don't know what to think about yesterday, what a miserable day. Didn't travel up to Accrington thank god, apparently we played awfully losing 2-0. Down to 17th now it's all going tits up, four defeats on the trot now, 2 points from possible 18.

But then I had to watch the drivel that was England. Was confident my £5 on a goalless draw would come off. wink.gif

At least Wales lost...

Themanwiththeplan
  • Themanwiththeplan

I'm so not a raper!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:00 AM Edited by Themanwiththeplan, 27 March 2007 - 12:05 AM.

I see there are a few Norn Iron people in here. Any guess on what Wednesdays result against Sweden will be?

For all you England fans I mean what the hell? Whats went wrong with your side in this campaign?

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Themanwiththeplan @ Mar 27 2007, 00:00)
For all you England fans I mean what the hell? Whats went wrong with your side in this campaign?

1) Steve McLaren
2) (Coming from a City fan this is a shocker) No David Beckham

But really, looking at the tables at the moment, Scotland who have France and Italy (World Cup Finalists) in the group are top and have a better chance of qualifying than England, with Croatia and Russia, who are alright but...

'Mon Stevie Ireland, scoring at my ground in Dublin icon14.gif

norniron
  • norniron

• Members

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Themanwiththeplan @ Mar 27 2007, 00:00)
I see there are a few Norn Iron people in here. Any guess on what Wednesdays result against Sweden will be?

Ill be going to it so im hoping for a win but it aware of there striker who plays for inter so a draw would be a great result

England the problem is No Becks and the fans dont really raise the team good enough they dont sing and demand to much from the team

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

Our problems don’t stem from Beckhams absence, being left out of the squad is better for the team. Our problem is that the formation is unbalanced because McLaren plays players in either an un-natural position or one that the player really doesn’t like. Yes they should show professionalism and play where ever they are told but when you play in a certain position for your club week in week out then its hard to adapt.

McLaren needs to prove he can make even tougher decisions and drop Lampard, its just not working with him in the team. Our midfield is a key area and if this doesn’t work than neither does the team. I'd go with Lennon on the right, Gerrard and Hargreaves in the centre and Downing on the left. With this you have attackers down the flanks, Gerrard able to push forward to attack and Hargreaves to protect the defence.

I think we will win tonight but will make it difficult for ourselves. I'll go with 1-0 or 2-0 to England.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:48 AM

I cant see why anyone would want Beckham out of the team, really dont.
Hes still a world class player, until his injury, Real Madrid were having mAJOR regrets about him not signing a new contract.
He would be vital at this moment in time for England.

Beckham on the right hand side would be awesome, Rooney is scoring for his club, he has no problem there, why? Because he gets the service, He aint getting it from any of the current England squad, thats got to tell you something?

Even with the Gerrard Lampard thing? Lamps is actually scoring more goals than Lamps, Id probably drop Gerrard.

Joey.Leone
  • Joey.Leone

COYS!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

Lampard ruled out of Andorra match with injury, now thats the best thing that could have happened to England imo.

Tonight Lennon should be on the right, Gerrard will be able to be in the middle for once, and it will probably be Downing on the left. I reckon it will be a much better performance in Lampards absence.

I dont doubt Lampard as a player, but he hasnt played a good game for England since Euro 2004, and I think he has a bad effect on the side. Gerrard imo is a better all round midfielder than Fatty Frank.

monkeyman237
  • monkeyman237

• Members

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

Wohoo! NI 2-1 Sweden! Healy is great, his two great strikes that lead to goals were amazing, and now we're top of our group! England, Rep of Ireland and Wales all won too, with the Scots losing 2-0 to Italy.

1-0 Engalnd, 3-2 Spain and now 2-1 Sweden too! inlove.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:42 PM

Well that was a pretty sh*t match but what do you expect when the whole team defends behind the ball all match, and they were rolling around the pitch like little boys on a playground after every single touch and they were defending with 11 men behind the ball all game, i mean whats the point in trying to qualify for the championships if there not gonna put in any effort to win.

Ramirez
  • Ramirez

The Bulls

• Members

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:45 PM

I'm sensational for my country but abysmal for my club, who am I?

Cuse510
  • Cuse510

Chi-Town

• Members

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Ramirez @ Mar 28 2007, 16:45)

Mart Poom, although it's a bit harsh to call him abysmal when Arsene never gives him a chance to play confused.gif

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:49 AM

Italy 1 - 0 Scotland - Toni Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Italy 2 - 0 Scotland - Toni Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Italy vs Scotland Goals - Toni Double

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Andorra 0 - 1 England - Gerrard Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Andorra 0 - 2 England - Gerrard Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Andorra 0 - 3 England - Nugent Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

24th Minute - Gerrard Fouled + Small Scuffle

SendSpace

33rd Minute - Gerrard Chase + Backheel

SendSpace

66rd Minute - Gerrard Dive

SendSpace

Czech Republic vs Cyprus

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Republic of Ireland vs Slovakia Highlights

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Wales vs San Marino Highlights

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Georgia vs Faroe Islands Goals

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Liechtenstein vs Latvia Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Turkey vs Norway Goals

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Hungary vs Moldova Goals

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Malta vs Greece Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Slovenia vs Holland Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Romania vs Luxembourg Goals

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Poland vs Armenia Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Azerbaijan vs Finland Goal

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Serbia vs Portugal Goals

DailyMotion | SendSpace

Northern Ireland 1 - 1 Sweden - First Half Goals

DailyMotion

I haven't given thee guys much in a while...

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (Ramirez @ Mar 28 2007, 22:45)

David Healy?

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Mar 29 2007, 07:33)

David Healy?

Must be Dave.

Anyway, Geerard proved me wrong didnt he?! blush.gif

I still think England were terrible, I dont know the answer, The players were there, they were just lacking.

Does anyone else feel that Rooney shouldnt be playing upfront? He set the goal up, but he could do that from midfield.

Themanwiththeplan
  • Themanwiththeplan

I'm so not a raper!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

Great win for Norn Iron. Healy is a legend.

So where are England in thier group then?

Ramirez
  • Ramirez

The Bulls

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Mar 29 2007, 08:33)

David Healy?

Yep. Hilarious.

NI fans were singing "Are you watching Dennis Wise".

Can't wait to see them struggle in League One.

monkeyman237
  • monkeyman237

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Ramirez @ Mar 29 2007, 17:23)

I still find it strange why he is not picked for the first team in Leeds, he showed his class last night and he deserves a place there. I also found it funny seeing the fans chanting that too. biggrin.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (monkeyman237 @ Mar 29 2007, 19:17)
QUOTE (Ramirez @ Mar 29 2007, 17:23)

I still find it strange why he is not picked for the first team in Leeds, he showed his class last night and he deserves a place there. I also found it funny seeing the fans chanting that too. biggrin.gif

I found it funny that Dennis Wise was indeed there watching the game....with Gus Poyet.

Ramirez
  • Ramirez

The Bulls

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:54 AM

Well what a legend. A hat-trick against Liechtenstein, a brace against Sweden and now the winner against Preston.

6 goals in 3 games! I hate Leeds but jesus!

monkeyman237
  • monkeyman237

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Ramirez @ Mar 31 2007, 02:54)
Well what a legend. A hat-trick against Liechtenstein, a brace against Sweden and now the winner against Preston.

6 goals in 3 games! I hate Leeds but jesus!

I was watching Leeds last night too, unbelievable that he was the match winner for that game aswell. It may not of been a good goal, but he was there to put it in and thats what counts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users