Photo

PS3 fanatics

40 replies to this topic
De_Spank
  • De_Spank

spheres.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:47 PM

Ok so it should be in gaming but there really is a social hilarity aspect to the article.

PS3 fans begin lining up

I particularly enjoyed

he quit his job to stand in line, while another won't be buying his girlfriend an engagement ring anytime soon.

and

They have vowed to 'back each other up' if anything happens and even boasted that an armed robber won't take them down. "He won't have enough bullets to take us all down," said one guy. They added that the police have been quite nice and are regularly drive by to check on the group.

I can see it now.

'14 killed in PS3 waiting line shoot up. No PS3s were harmed or stolen.'

I don't know whether to chuckle at these enthusiastic gamers or just call them sick f*cks with nothing better to do.

What i'm really trying to say is who wants to line up with me in Australia when the time comes?

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:25 PM Edited by Digtl vl, 13 November 2006 - 06:29 PM.

Wow. I have waited in line for the PS2 and the xbox 360. but I would never wait in line more than 24 hours tops. This is just ridiculous.

All 10 of them are obviously friends or at least knew each other before hand. They are just a bunch of idiots who decided since they have nothing better to do, they had better just wait in line.

I love how in the video when they mention things that they do in their spare time while waiting, it includes lame sh*t like poker and rubber band balls, but no video games at all.

Reeeal Gamers.. sarcasm.gif

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:04 PM

Coming Soon ;
CHAPTER 2, 1 Month Later; Replacing the Broken Systems

Nar, i'm just messing.

It would be gutted to be the guy who's waiting 8 days who isn't guaranteed one.
Also, notice at the beginning of the video, th enumber of people queing in the line clearly represents the number of PS3's in the US at launch.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

I'm quite surprised the word "Sad" has not been mentioned in this topic yet.

Mind you, I suppose doing such things gets you in the news, so hell with it I'm sure they thought.

I'm gonna wait in line for a PS3...when i go to buy one in like 2-3 years, when I gotta queue for like 2 mins at the til.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:47 PM

It's like Tickle Me Elmo all over again.

I remember when that came out, the day the stores opened, one of the workers at Zellers got tramped pretty bad. He managed to survive but with a lot of physical damage (broken bones and such).

I don't think I'd ever wait that long in line for a gaming console, let alone anything. Besides, the PS3 is expensive as hell, so I plan on waiting a while until it goes down in price.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

I just read a comment on youtube about PS3 saying:
I'm sure you'll like to know that PS3 games will use licenses. Only playable on the first machine the game runs in. No trading in, selling or borrowing at all. Will you buy it now?

Is that true? That seems like a real cheap shot on Sony's part if it is true, because that will force you to buy all new games at full price, instead of buying a pre-owned game for maybe half of the original price.

Regarding the topic: You would not even catch me waiting over night for a game system. I'm not hardcore gamer man, if I get a new system it is never when they first come out because they are always ridiculously priced, and the demand for them at stores is insane. People go bananas over them.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:19 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 13 November 2006 - 10:22 PM.

Do you guys remember the video of the guy when the xbox or PS2 came out that had a guy driving in a parking lot holding his xbox out of the window. He then dropped it and someone ran off with it. I love those type of videos.

EDIT: @ gta_player5, that wouldn't be too smart. What if your PS3 is stolen or is broken, and you need a replacement. If so I don't know if I could buy one, being that I had to replace my PS2 a couple years ago.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

What a bunch of losers! Seriously, they let gaming take control of them and their lives revolve around it. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:53 AM Edited by Jordan, 14 November 2006 - 01:08 AM.

99.8% OF VIDEO GAMES AREN'T WORTH BUYING

I played the PS3 six months ago and was not impressed...so when the software sucks this much, there is no way in HELL I am paying six HUNDRED dollars for [what is presently] useless hardware...

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:05 AM

sick f*cks with nothing better to do.

That's rather offensive for some people. confused.gif

If I could stand in line for 24 hours I would, but I'm miles away. My brother is going to gringo land in 2 weeks, and certainly he won't find any ps3. I'll get a Zune then.

But, hell, if there was an infinite ammount of ps3 consoles to buy, I sure as hell want to spend $600 in it, irrelevant of whatever anyone else in this world have to say.

Spenc938
  • Spenc938

Mari'ju'ana is bad M'kay.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:58 AM

Sorry, but that is pathetic. People's lives really suck that bad that they would wait in line 11 days for a stupid game console. It's not that big of a deal.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Nov 14 2006, 10:23)

I played the PS3 six months ago and was not impressed...so when the software sucks this much, there is no way in HELL I am paying six HUNDRED dollars for [what is presently] useless hardware...

Yeah now that GTA is coming out on 360 at the same time as Playstation, there is really no incentive at all to purchase it.

From my perspective anyway.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Nov 13 2006, 22:39)
QUOTE (Jordan @ Nov 14 2006, 10:23)

Yeah now that GTA is coming out on 360 at the same time as Playstation, there is really no incentive at all to purchase it.

From my perspective anyway.

Yep..

PS3 from what I've seen has no interesting games that I can't get on the 360 (Assassin's Creed for instance) I don't play Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy so there's no point to buy a PS3 for 2-3 years if at all.

And about this topic, well that's pretty sad. I would never wait in line for days or even over night for a video game console or a video game. Hell..I'm getting my 360 a year after it was released.

PyroHazard
  • PyroHazard

I AM THE DANGER!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Rob. @ Nov 13 2006, 19:04)
Coming Soon ;
CHAPTER 2, 1 Month Later; Replacing the Broken Systems

Knowing the controversy surronding the technology of Blu-Ray drives, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Waiting in line like that is utter f*cking ridiculous regardless of what system or Tickle Me Elmo you're waiting for. Personally, I would like to get some footage of all them bumrushing the store like a wild herd of buffalo. THAT's Grade-A entertainment, folks. cool.gif

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:42 PM

Japan had the right idea, over there in some stores you'd have to que hours to buy a raffle ticket, so even then you wern't guaranteed one.

Spenc938
  • Spenc938

Mari'ju'ana is bad M'kay.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:21 PM

They were probably dumb enough to bring their 600 bucks in cash too. I hope they get robbed.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

Heh, guess they didn't see the launch line-up.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (_-playero-_ @ Nov 13 2006, 20:05)
But, hell, if there was an infinite ammount of ps3 consoles to buy, I sure as hell want to spend $600 in it, irrelevant of whatever anyone else in this world have to say.

If there were an infinite number of consoles to buy, I'd just steal one and no one would ever know the difference. But I suppose stealing from infintiy is a moot point when the content still sucks.

Screw this gaming thing. I just want GTA4.

TheGrimReefer
  • TheGrimReefer

Marilize legajuana!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:53 AM

Haha, I can beat that.. A couple of my friends and my girlfriend are doing the same thing, only they are getting PAID for it.

My girl's boss is paying them $600 each to wait in line and buy him a PS3 so he can flip them and sell em on eBay and sh*t. I've been up there a lil bit just chillin' with 'em. They got a tent setup, they ran an extension cord from inside (With the permission of BestBuy), got 2 TVs hooked up, one with PS2, one with 360.

Actually kinda fun. Hell, if I didn't have to work every f*ckin' day/night, I'd be there with them..

Teqila
  • Teqila

Eccentric

• Members

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:56 AM

Why do people complain about the price? Really the PS3 should cost over $1k most of the Blu-Ray players I've seen cost upwardsof 900$. Even if the software isn't good the games are what matter.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Teqila @ Nov 14 2006, 22:56)
Why do people complain about the price? Really the PS3 should cost over $1k most of the Blu-Ray players I've seen cost upwardsof 900$. Even if the software isn't good the games are what matter.

You ever heard of a 3DO?

Yeah, most people haven't.

There was someone camping outside the Gamestop I work at.

I work in a mall.

And it's Tuesday.

Needless to say, I told them to get the hell on.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:42 AM

I'm hoping to buy one. but only in the hopes to sell it on ebay for a pretty penny.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:53 AM

I'm debating buying a PS3 or a 360, both are very appealing (except the 360's red ring of death, or the fact that one of my friend's 360 won't even read a brand new game the first time.)

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (anuj @ Nov 15 2006, 05:15)
You ever heard of a 3DO?

Yeah, most people haven't.

Panasonic. Remember thinking it was hot sh*t when I played Road Rash. I don't know whatever happened to her.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:47 AM

Road Rash rocked. Period.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Nov 15 2006, 08:47)
Road Rash rocked. Period.

It rocked hard on the 3DO, Along with the only version of Need for Speed I ever liked. Good times.

*Moved to Gaming*

vint_cool
  • vint_cool

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

looks more like a publicity stunt being pulled by Sony just to create the hype!

All this Crap
  • All this Crap

aaj bhi yahaan

• Members

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Nov 13 2006, 22:06)
I just read a comment on youtube about PS3 saying:
I'm sure you'll like to know that PS3 games will use licenses. Only playable on the first machine the game runs in. No trading in, selling or borrowing at all. Will you buy it now?

Is that true? That seems like a real cheap shot on Sony's part if it is true, because that will force you to buy all new games at full price, instead of buying a pre-owned game for maybe half of the original price.

Regarding the topic: You would not even catch me waiting over night for a game system. I'm not hardcore gamer man, if I get a new system it is never when they first come out because they are always ridiculously priced, and the demand for them at stores is insane. People go bananas over them.

That's not true...

Needless to say, I told them to get the hell on.

Lol, what did you mean by that? Get the hell out or you really said get the hell on?

colp4k
  • colp4k

The Frat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

my fiance told me there were people lining up already lat night at walmart, shrug. weird people.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:57 AM

Yeah hombre "BLUERAAAAY!!!!". He is quite the informed PS3 fanboy. I'm shocked. They don't even have PSPs to play.

On the topic of next gen, i'm seriously considering a Wii soon. Maybe even before I get a 360. I played one in Westfield (Mall), and damn Wii sports is fun. Either that, or i'll live over my mates place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users