Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did Vic Vance die in Vice City, Circa. 1986?

420 replies to this topic

Poll: In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City? (463 member(s) have cast votes)

In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City?

1. Pete Vance (106 votes [24.94%])

Percentage of vote: 24.94%

2. Victor Vance (268 votes [63.06%])

Percentage of vote: 63.06%

3. Not sure (51 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (iamthewalrus @ Jan 9 2010, 13:36)
On the mission in VC, in the alley where you first meet lance Tommy say's what do you wan't. Lance replies his dead brothers white lady. Which could be a reference to cocaine or to Vics girlfriend in VCS but she's dead so something was f*cked up.

The term 'white lady' is slang for cocaine, the drug of the 80's. They were doing a cocaine deal.

Returbuliz
  • Returbuliz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

I think it was Victor in VC introduction, although his accent differs from the one in VCS, perhaps an error by the developers.

leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

Rockstar confirmed it was Vic during one of their Q&A sessions.

ZombieFrogger
  • ZombieFrogger

Hail Mastermind!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:18 AM Edited by ZombieFrogger, 16 February 2010 - 09:21 AM.

i think that victor vance died because on that mission on vice city, lance states that he wanted revenge for his dead brother and his dead brothers white (i think it was women,lady or wife i dont remember) which Victor had a relationship with louise in vice city stories i was well aware of the slang for drugs, but it could also be a cle to which brother died, but on the flip side it could be pete because victor didnt realy like drugs and didnt want to go near them?. it could of been pete trying to show himself to victor to prove himself, i realy dont think victor as a boss of a crime family would of went to a drug deal with only his brother for protection.

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:47 AM

1. R* already CONFIRMED who died (Vic Vance)
2. WHY THE HELL ISNT THIS TOPIC LOCKED

Waffen
  • Waffen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Chinatown Wars @ Feb 20 2010, 02:47)
1. R* already CONFIRMED who died (Vic Vance)
2. WHY THE HELL ISNT THIS TOPIC LOCKED

It should be. The topic was started in 2006, and it's very obvious who died. Lance Vance Dance mentions it multiple times in Vice City.

If Rockstar wants to go the route where Victor was mistaken for Pete, that is THEIR CALL.

Didn't realize this was such a big issue in the GTA universe. Maybe I should start a topic on whether or not Claude really lost that race to Carl Johnson. Man, that topic could be epic, dawg. rolleyes.gif

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Sicologikal @ Jan 9 2010, 20:15)
QUOTE (/.:Nokiaman:.\ @ Jan 9 2010, 10:33)
Fail skin is fail.

Obviously you idiot!

How mature.

joe-jack
  • joe-jack

The creepy guy over there...

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

I think it is victor that dies (just look at my singnature) because Pete was sick in VCS and it sounded bad so i don't think a sick person would be at a large drug deal.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:46 AM Edited by Rock Howard, 21 March 2010 - 02:49 AM.

There is no conjecture about this any more. As previously mentioned, it has been confirmed by Rockstar that it was Victor who was gunned down at the beginning of VC.

GunnyBOS
  • GunnyBOS

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

It doesn't matter anyway.

Vance Crime Family is gone.

So is Vercetti Gang.

But Tommy Vercetti could be still alive, but I doubt he would still run the same gang, he probably moved to a different city.

drugsgunsmoney
  • drugsgunsmoney

WASTED!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

the link is clear with the "GTA Stories"
Toni Cipriani (Liberty City Stories) dies in GTA 3

Lance Vance (Vice City Stories) dies in GTA Vice City

it's just that simple suicidal.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:22 PM Edited by Mr.c TO the J, 31 March 2010 - 01:24 PM.

The guy who dies looks to old to be Vic he looks like he's 60+ to me though my memory may be fuzzy haven't played VC for a year or so my PS2 brooke down an d I ahve yet to get a new one. (My PS3 is to new to have backwards compatiblity)

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Mar 31 2010, 13:22)
The guy who dies looks to old to be Vic he looks like he's 60+ to me though my memory may be fuzzy haven't played VC for a year or so my PS2 brooke down an d I ahve yet to get a new one. (My PS3 is to new to have backwards compatiblity)

Yeah man your memory is fuzzy, he doesn't look that old. He's more like in his late 30's.

clockworkmechanicalman
  • clockworkmechanicalman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

I know Rockstar said that Vic died, but the "Vic" from Vice City, and Vic from from Vice City Stories, don't look, or sound a thing like. Since we only heard about Pete in VCS, it makes more sense that it's Pete, who dies in the opening scene in Vice City, but Rockstar has said that Vic Vance is dead. Still I just had to rehash this old thread, because of the fact that Vic (while he could look different 2 years down the road), he wouldn't sound different, and in VC Lance never names his dead brother by name, in fact no one does! In my eyes it was a minor screwup with Rockstar, they thought that no one would care, and they were wrong, and they could have easily just said, that Pete died. In fact that could recant what they said earlier, and just say that Pete's dead, and this thread would be obsolete. It would take them just a flick of the wrist.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (clockworkmechanicalman @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:15)
I know Rockstar said that Vic died, but the "Vic" from Vice City, and Vic from from Vice City Stories, don't look, or sound a thing like. Since we only heard about Pete in VCS, it makes more sense that it's Pete, who dies in the opening scene in Vice City, but Rockstar has said that Vic Vance is dead. Still I just had to rehash this old thread, because of the fact that Vic (while he could look different 2 years down the road), he wouldn't sound different, and in VC Lance never names his dead brother by name, in fact no one does! In my eyes it was a minor screwup with Rockstar, they thought that no one would care, and they were wrong, and they could have easily just said, that Pete died. In fact that could recant what they said earlier, and just say that Pete's dead, and this thread would be obsolete. It would take them just a flick of the wrist.

It's a Recton, that's all there is. Since R* confirmed that Vic died, that means he died. Period.

clockworkmechanicalman
  • clockworkmechanicalman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by clockworkmechanicalman, 11 July 2013 - 09:51 PM.

I'm sure he did, but just not at the docks with the drug trade. Do you remember the opening scene of Vice City? Sonny is talking to his guys about what to do with Tommy Vercetti. Anyways, in the background, in a meat locker, we can see what looks like a dead Vic Vance. I just read this on some other thread, and it made me think. You notice that the guy, appears to be Vic Vance's body type, skin tone, and even has a very Vic Vance like suit on. Check it out. So I'm not saying that he's not dead, but if this dead guy in Sonny Forrelli's meat locker is Vic Vance, then how did get there, before they (the fine folks at Rockstar) say he died? the youtube video is a little blurry. Maybe someone can find one with a higher resolution

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (clockworkmechanicalman @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 22:47)
I'm sure he did, but just not at the docks with the drug trade. Do you remember the opening scene of Vice City? Sonny is talking to his guys about what to do with Tommy Vercetti. Anyways, in the background, in a meat locker, we can see what looks like a dead Vic Vance. I just read this on some other thread, and it made me think. You notice that the guy, appears to be Vic Vance's body type, skin tone, and even has a very Vic Vance like suit on. Check it out. So I'm not saying that he's not dead, but if this dead guy in Sonny Forrelli's meat locker is Vic Vance, then how did get there, before they (the fine folks at Rockstar) say he died? the youtube video is a little blurry. Maybe someone can find one with a higher resolution

Do you really think that they thought this far ahead? No!

clockworkmechanicalman
  • clockworkmechanicalman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

No, I don't think they thought that far ahead, sad.gif but in a perfect world the would've, but hey, life's not perfect. BUT, did you rewatch the opening scene from Vice City, and look in that meat locker behind Sonny? When I watched it through this point of view, it did make more sense to me, that yes Vic is dead, but not the guy, with the afro-carribbean accent. I'm thinking that guy is Pete. Let's face it Vic did say that he was done with everything, but was he really so naive that he thought he could just walk away? Well, if that body in the meat locker is him, then yes, and he payed the price for it. But, moving back to the question, Do I think that they planned that far ahead? You're right. No, but Rockstar saying that guy on the docks is the same guy as Vic, is like them saying that Claude Fido is the same person as Tommy Vercetti. I mean it makes about as much sense. Anyways, the forum is done to death. I just felt I'd offer my 2 cents, before we put a fork in it. Actually, the fork was in a long time ago, I'm just picking at the scraps. Anyways keep on trucking R* and we'll keep dishing out these hypotheticals rahkstar2.gif

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

it was vic, let it go.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 08:08)
it was vic, let it go.

Agreed, it was definitely Vic that died people dozingoff.gif

markusizr
  • markusizr

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

damn why docks not on city cos where is no diaz man smile.gif and vic should live smile.gif

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by typicalgamer, 16 July 2013 - 05:03 PM.

It was Vic. R* confirmed it.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

It definetly was Vic.
Pete was never involved in criminal life and I doubt he would want to. Vic said he doesn't deal drugs but he does that anyway for the empire business and some other missions. It is unknown what he has done for 2 years. He could have changed and agreed to work with Lance.

By the way, it was confirmed by R* that it is Vic.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

Personally I just don't feel like believing it's Vic. He was so young and strong in VCS, and somehow he's tanned, old looking and speaking in a different accent in VC. It makes no sense! Even if Rockstar confirmed it was him, I'm gonna go with my own beliefs that it could've been Pete. I don't think they mention him in VC, so he could've changed from 84 to 86 in terms of business ventures.

Damn this is an old thread!

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

It was Vic, even R* confirmed it. Vic is my best protag ever but that doesn´t mean i`m going to deny the facts. Forget about Pete he was just a catalyst who filled the plot holes as the main reason why such good man like Vic needed to do such bad things.

Back in 2002 when they created VC they didnt know about Pete or Vic yet.

So in 2006 when they made VCS they decided to make a prequel to VC with sense and make Vic as we know him from VCS, big, muscular, shaved head (not bald because if you look at him in the cutscenes you will see he has hair even if his head is completely shaved) and with pleasant american accent. Plus he is a dominican, he isn´t afroamerican neither 100% hispanic, he is mixed. 

Now i´m sure none of us wouldnt like to play with VC Vic, would we?. Let`s face it he looked like a douchebag in VC but if you look beta Vic you will see a similarity to VC Vic.

So it was Vic who died in the begining of VC, Pete has nothing to do with it. As for Vic`s "clear" stating for no more drug bussines at the end of VCS, well how many times he said that in VCS and yet he was back in bussines...So what makes you sure that this time was no different?

As for his looks and accent in VC there is no logic explanation except that back in 2002 R* wasnt plan to make him as a main protagonist in 2006 so they just made him more likable in VCS.

That`s all the science about that.

Oh and i laughed the sh*t out of me to that theory about how that guy on the hook in Marco`s bistro being Vic. That`s just a random mob thug, no big deal about it, you know there isn´t everything R* pust in a game that make sence, it is just there to make things more interesting that`s it.

In that case you could also say that the guy with cement shoes on the rocks in the sea near leaf links is Gonzalez because he looks similar. :catspider:

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:50 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 08 July 2014 - 02:52 PM.

It was Vic, even R* confirmed it. Vic is my best protag ever but that doesn´t mean i`m going to deny the facts. Forget about Pete he was just a catalyst who filled the plot holes as the main reason why such good man like Vic needed to do such bad things.

Back in 2002 when they created VC they didnt know about Pete or Vic yet.

So in 2006 when they made VCS they decided to make a prequel to VC with sense and make Vic as we know him from VCS, big, muscular, shaved head (not bald because if you look at him in the cutscenes you will see he has hair even if his head is completely shaved) and with pleasant american accent. Plus he is a dominican, he isn´t afroamerican neither 100% hispanic, he is mixed. 

Now i´m sure none of us wouldnt like to play with VC Vic, would we?. Let`s face it he looked like a douchebag in VC but if you look beta Vic you will see a similarity to VC Vic.

So it was Vic who died in the begining of VC, Pete has nothing to do with it. As for Vic`s "clear" stating for no more drug bussines at the end of VCS, well how many times he said that in VCS and yet he was back in bussines...So what makes you sure that this time was no different?

As for his looks and accent in VC there is no logic explanation except that back in 2002 R* wasnt plan to make him as a main protagonist in 2006 so they just made him more likable in VCS.

That`s all the science about that.

Oh and i laughed the sh*t out of me to that theory about how that guy on the hook in Marco`s bistro being Vic. That`s just a random mob thug, no big deal about it, you know there isn´t everything R* pust in a game that make sence, it is just there to make things more interesting that`s it.

In that case you could also say that the guy with cement shoes on the rocks in the sea near leaf links is Gonzalez because he looks similar. :catspider:

0008.jpg
Still, the comments you've added to the matter are somewhat good.  :^:

O-4OO_
  • O-4OO_

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Greece

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

I think It's Pete Vance because:

1. If you had play the last mission in GTA VCS you should have hear that Vic said to Lance that he DONT want to go and sale Lance's drugs after a while. 

2. Vic doesn't have a Cuban sorta Colombia accent, and he does not even look like Vic.

3. Vic wouldn't be that old at the cut seen. Like come on guys was only 32 years old...

He is definitely not him. Plus I didn't find any confirmation by R*, so he is still alive  

• VICVANCE.karimdaher likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

I think It's Pete Vance because:

1. If you had play the last mission in GTA VCS you should have hear that Vic said to Lance that he DONT want to go and sale Lance's drugs after a while. 

2. Vic doesn't have a Cuban sorta Colombia accent, and he does not even look like Vic.

3. Vic wouldn't be that old at the cut seen. Like come on guys was only 32 years old...

He is definitely not him. Plus I didn't find any confirmation by R*, so he is still alive  

Firsty thanks for bumping this up, i was afraid this topic will die (not being sarcastic, i`m 100% serious)  :lol: 

now back to the topic;

1.) How many times did Vic "clearly" make himself in VCS that he doesn`t want to got anything with drugs anymore? About 15x times and yet he was always back to bussines. I guess Lance`s smooth talking made him convinced every time. So believe it, he was back to bussines quite soon again.

2.)Vic is half dominican and half white and he doesn`t have anything to do with Cuba or Colombia. In VCS he has a pleasant american accent. Altough he doesn`t look like VCS Vic in 1986 but than again R* didn`t have a clue about doing a new prequel to VC 4 years later let alone using Vic as a main protagonists. So when that happened they improved his skin to make him more appealing. But anyway have you seen beta Vic for VCS? He looks a bit similar to VC`s Vic.

3.) read No.2 again

As i`m familiar with R* confirmed it but unfortunately i can`t find that link for you, maybe someone else will look up for that, it was already on these forums as i recall. Anyway do some checking and you will find it for sure.

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

obrzygane rzygi

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:41 PM Edited by AdusPL, 12 July 2014 - 04:41 PM.

He couldn't die. As all protagonists, he landed on nearest hospital. :lol:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

You could say the same about Toni Cipriani in GTA 3 and GTA LCS. 

• Sergiu likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users