Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did Vic Vance die in Vice City, Circa. 1986?

353 replies to this topic

Poll: In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City? (295 member(s) have cast votes)

In your opinion, who died at the beginning of Vice City?

1. Pete Vance (73 votes [28.52%])

Percentage of vote: 28.52%

2. Victor Vance (145 votes [56.64%])

Percentage of vote: 56.64%

3. Not sure (38 votes [14.84%])

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote
hot-devil
  • hot-devil

-=}{oT~dEv1L 666=- {Owner of Grand Theft Auto 666 Forums}

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:33 AM

I think Vic Vance is, assumed by Rockstar, to be dead in Vice City. However, when they decided to make Vice City Stories, they choosed Vic to be the Protagonist. When Rockstar realized the fact that Vic differs a lot from his GTA Vice City rendition, they decided that Pete Vance, the third Vance Brother that was introduced in Vice City Stories, to be the Vance Brother that died in the Drug Deal circa 1986.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:02 AM

Yes, same thing i was thinking of last week. Maybe your right

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:06 AM

Yeah, well we don't really have any hard facts or information on who exactly it is that dies in VC do we? I don't remember hearing anything making us think it was Vic.

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:46 AM

Well in the introductory cutscene of GTA Vice City, Ken says that there are two brothers-----one operates the business and the other does the flying. So it is imperative to think there were only two Vance brothers. The second brother was unknown till Rockstar came out with their plans of VCS. After that they even updated the Vice City website(Crime Board) saying that the second brother was Vic Vance.

Now, when they found themselves in a conflicting situation, they felt the need to introduce a 3rd brother whom Vic refers to in the beginning of VCS. Whatever Rockstar plans and executes, we have to follow it. Who knows Rockstar may even bring out another sequel putting Tenpenny as the hero, then later claiming that he didn't die in "End of the Line" anuj_cop.gif .

So, I personally believe that there were only two Vance brothers ,one died while the other-Lance was killed by Tommy.Introduction of a 3rd brother is Rockstar's bulls*** to cover up the storyline gaps . bored.gif

victim225
  • victim225

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:25 AM

If Vic dosn't die then where is he in Vice City when two of his brother's get killed?

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (victim225 @ Nov 13 2006, 12:55)
If Vic dosn't die then where is he in Vice City when two of his brother's get killed?

When were there three brothers anyway? There were only two. Rockstar just twisted the tale by adding a third one in VCS.
So I believe Vic got killed in the opening scene.
Next time they will create another brother out of nowhere but honestly what is the point?

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:46 AM

We never hear which brother until it was on the site, and Cops in GTA aren't that accurate, so I think that it was the other brother Pete.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:00 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 13 November 2006 - 08:03 AM.

Maybe when Ken mentioned in VC about the brothers, he referred only to those who were officially in the business, which were Lance and supposedly Vic. He didn't mention specifically that there were only two brothers. So it's possible that Vic and Lance may have another brother or even brothers somewhere not with them in VCS.

And as we can find out in the end of VCS, Vic said something like he's quitting the business. So it's possible that Lance recruited another brother(who got killed in VC), who might be either whom Vic mentioned about in the game on more than one occasion, or another one in the siblings.

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Nov 13 2006, 13:30)
Maybe when Ken mentioned in VC about the brothers, he referred only to those who were officially in the business, which were Lance and supposedly Vic. He didn't mention specifically that there were only two brothers. So it's possible that Vic and Lance may have another brother or even brothers somewhere not with them in VCS.

And as we can find out in the end of VCS, Vic said something like he's quitting the business. So it's possible that Lance recruited another brother(who got killed in VC), who might be either whom Vic mentioned about in the game on more than one occasion, or another one in the siblings.

Yeah I partly agree to you. But the hard fact is that when VC was released way back in 2002, there was no room for a 3rd brother in the storyline.When VCS was released R*messed it up by mentioning a 3rd one.That is why I was giving the "Tenpenny" example dozingoff.gif

d00d
  • d00d

Common sense with a baseball bat

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:57 AM

Facts:

- There are three Vance brother - Pete, Lance and Victor.
- At the start of Vice City in '86 after an ambush, Lance survives whereas one of the other brothers is shot. We are given no clue as to who it is. We know its a brother because after the mission where you rescue Lance from the junkyard he says "He killed my brother. What do you..."

The conclusion:

Believe what you want. Rockstar never revealed which Vance brother was killed, and they're 98% unlikely to IMO.

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

It could be retconned.

R* intentionally thought of two Vnce bros., but changed it to 3 in VCS.

They want us to believe that Pete is the brother who was killed in VC.
Despite the fact on the official VC website, it said Victor Vance.
It's just an error on R* part. They probably had no plans for VCS in 2002.

And all throughout VC, Lance said he killed my brother, he never gave a specific name. But even that could be an error, since at that time, we only knew of two Vance brothers.

But I would believe the idea of the drug deal Vance to be Pete.

Sinful
  • Sinful

Still, I show my face up here.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:27 PM

Lance kept saying his brother always treated him like a kid. This Pete, as far as I am in the storyline, never appeared. So the one in the deal, who treated Lance like a kid, was Vic.

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

I think R* just introduced "Pete" to cover the holes in the story. It is silly though, it only creates more confusion.

beast^-^
  • beast^-^

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:39 PM

I think it was Pete who died because of some reasons:
1. In opening cutscene of VC, the brother who dies doesn't look even a bit like Vic in VCS.
2. In VCS, Vic told many times to Lance that he doesn't wanna be in drug business, so in 1986, i think it's Pete who is selling the drugs.

And i also think that when Tommy kills Lance, Vic is just hiding somewhere... Maybe in future we get a GTA where Vic want's his revenge to Tommy Vercetti! biggrin.gif (very unlikely)

Kanney
  • Kanney

4-8-15-16-23-42

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:49 PM

Hard to say really. A marine would not let himself go like the Vance brother who died in Vice City.
Maybe all these smalls things could come to the front in GTA IV

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (beast^-^ @ Nov 13 2006, 19:09)
I think it was Pete who died because of some reasons:
1. In opening cutscene of VC, the brother who dies doesn't look even a bit like Vic in VCS.

Hey bro,when Vice City was released in 2002(if you remember) , Rockstar didn't even dream of making VCS and introducing a character called Vic Vance. So they don't look the same.

May I point this that Toni Cipriani from LCS doesn't look a bit similar to the one from GTA3.Why ?

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:23 PM

Anything could of happened in the two year gap between VCS and VC.

I don't pinpoint it down to R* for not knowing four years ago when they released VC that they wern't going to release VCS, that is why they cover up any plot holes, like why Diaz called Lance Quentin, although it never got explained, Diaz knew that Quentin was Victor's brother, but Diaz didn't know that Lance knew he whacked Victor. Why he whacked Victor is probaly because Vic and Lance were going for the one final big score, and Diaz says in VCS that Nothing goes on without getting his clearance first. So, the Vance brothers go behind Diaz's back to shift the twenty keys of drugs, pretend to be Columbian possibly to disguise themselves further. Diaz finds out that two Columbians are selling twenty kilo's of cocaine to the Forelli's in his city, he orders his henchmen to take everyone there out, and take the drugs and the cash back to him. Diaz had no idea it was Victor, who he was very close with because Victor wiped out the Mendez's and put Diaz in the top position in the city. When Victor died, Tommy obviously got away, as did Lance because he's a pussy and wouldn't help his brother, or he figured it was too late.

And if it wasn't Vic, and it was Pete, that scenario still makes alot of sense. Vic could of took off in '85 if Pete got better from whatever sickness he had, but the way Vic made it sound, he made it sound like Pete was too sick to be a drug dealer with Lance.

Sinful
  • Sinful

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (TonyZimmzy @ Nov 13 2006, 12:23)
Diaz had no idea it was Victor, who he was very close with because Victor wiped out the Mendez's and put Diaz in the top position in the city.

Spoiler tags are good, you know...

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Pranjal @ Nov 13 2006, 07:34)
When were there three brothers anyway? There were only two. Rockstar just twisted the tale by adding a third one in VCS.

But if R* confirmed that, even if it was for a "hole filling" purpose, than that means that there realy are 3 brothers.

Lance kept saying his brother always treated him like a kid. This Pete, as far as I am in the storyline, never appeared. So the one in the deal, who treated Lance like a kid, was Vic.

Yeah pretty much what i think too. But the fact that R* killed Vic in vc, and that they put him in vcs as the main character is realy weird. I seriously think that they will come up with something. Something like the dead brother is Pete. But thats pretty much unlikely. Okay, Vic died and thats the end of the line.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Sinful @ Nov 13 2006, 15:59)
QUOTE (TonyZimmzy @ Nov 13 2006, 12:23)
Diaz had no idea it was Victor, who he was very close with because Victor wiped out the Mendez's and put Diaz in the top position in the city.

Spoiler tags are good, you know...

I figured everyone in this topic would of finished the storyline of the game, This whole topic is pretty much a spoiler to the game anyway confused.gif Sorry

Sinful
  • Sinful

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Nov 13 2006, 13:14)
Okay, Vic died and thats the end of the line.

Actually who dies in the end of the line is smoke and tempenny.
omg, that was such a lousy joke.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:47 PM Edited by .:Alex:., 13 November 2006 - 05:02 PM.

On the VC website it does indeed say Victor Vance and states that the former Vance Crime Family only had two members. Pete was always out of the picture and Vic, despite his protests, was a criminal and was doing it for the family.

Thus, Victor Vance is the brother who dies at the beginning of Vice City.

I think R* realise how stupid this would look with someone like Vic being killed so easily 2 years later so they made up Pete to cover everything up but they never really thought about it. I think we need another explanatory DVD like The Introduction.

Dontknowaname
  • Dontknowaname

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:57 PM

Pete is ONLY USED for a reason for Vic to join the army and to stay in Vice City after he get kicked out the army. And thats why he does all those things he doesn't like. Only for getting the money he needs to pay the medical bills for his sick brother Pete.

Vic all explains this in the intro scene from vcs to his supervisoir officer Sergant Jerry Martinez

Greene
  • Greene

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

Reading the posts in here, some people wonder why Diaz would kill Vic (Or whoever you wanna say it is) in the beginning of Vice City. The deal attack was not an assasination of Vic, Diaz attacked for the drugs, not to kill Vic. Cortez set up the deal and his right hand man Gonzalez told Diaz. Diaz then got his men to attack the deal, kill everyone there and take the drugs. Simple as that. Alot of people already knew this, Im just re-stateing it for the people who don't know. Feel free to disagree

humancorpse
  • humancorpse

Lets deadlift!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

Regarding why Vic was taken out so easily: As far as I can tell from the VCS intro, Vic just signed up for the military, and is by no means an experienced veteran like some of you seem to think(it is even mentioned that he`s only a corporal). Considering that his military career didn`t last very long either, I don`t see why this should have anything to say when he is caught completly off guard. Even if he was some sort of military veteran, that probably wouldn`t have saved him. He is ambushed and killed when he`s least expecting it. Being in the military doesn`t teach you how to dodge bullets as far as I know. Tommy is just lucky who gets away. Still, I can see your point though, it feels alittle wrong that a man that has been through so much should just be killed like that, apperently unarmed....

makaveli 7
  • makaveli 7

rebel

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:15 AM

i dont think vic died but if he did wat happened 2 pete hmmmmm

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (makaveli 7 @ Nov 14 2006, 01:15)
i dont think vic died but if he did wat happened 2 pete hmmmmm

Pete could of died around late 84 or 85, which caused Vic to not care about being in great shape to make money for him anymore, so maybe he just got fat and lazy without Pete being around.

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (.:Alex:. @ Nov 13 2006, 12:47)
On the VC website it does indeed say Victor Vance and states that the former Vance Crime Family only had two members. Pete was always out of the picture and Vic, despite his protests, was a criminal and was doing it for the family.

Thus, Victor Vance is the brother who dies at the beginning of Vice City.

I think R* realise how stupid this would look with someone like Vic being killed so easily 2 years later so they made up Pete to cover everything up but they never really thought about it. I think we need another explanatory DVD like The Introduction.

^That fact could be clearly a continuity error on R* part.
Thus backing up my theory that Victor was not present in the intro. of VC.

This whole thing is a continuity error.

I have one question, though.

Did Diaz know that Lance (Quentin) was a Vance?
If he did, then he would not be working with him at all. Especially after killing Lance brother. I haven't gotten to the Diaz missions in VCS, but was Lance involved in thoe missions.

Sinful
  • Sinful

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:15 AM

@gman91- Spoilers regardind Diaz's missions:
Lance works in some missions with Vic for Diaz. And Diaz knew they were the Vance brothers and all. Lance only worked for Diaz in VC because he wanted revenge and all.

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Sinful @ Nov 13 2006, 22:15)
@gman91- Spoilers regardind Diaz's missions:
Lance works in some missions with Vic for Diaz. And Diaz knew they were the Vance brothers and all. Lance only worked for Diaz in VC because he wanted revenge and all.

Ah, yes thank you, dude.

But was Diaz, for lack of a better word, stupid in VC for not recognizing Lance after attempting to kill the Vance's.

Or is that another continuity error whatsthat.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users