• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

The Master Of Grand Theft Auto 3

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:38 AM

Hey everyone!
I tried installing Resident Evil a few weeks ago, but it didn't work. It kept crashing on the install screen. Anyway, after that happened, I did a bit of research on the internet and found out how to resolve this. It installed properly but when I start a new game (or load an old one for that matter) it plays at like 42fps on average. Now this is way too fast, the Hunters decapitate me and I don't even see it coming, not to mention the zombies run like they're Cathy Freeman on super steroids.

Is there any way to resolve this problem? I'd like to play it on a better computer than the one in my bedroom (that one gives minorly corrupted graphics and is choppy at times).

Thanks in advance,
MOGTA

Spenc938
  • Spenc938

Mari'ju'ana is bad M'kay.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:05 AM

I haven't tried it on Resident Evil, but if you can I have heard running in compatibility mode sometimes helps.

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:12 AM

This should go in PC-Chat.

I'm not an expert on gaming, but, are you by any chance and dualcore computer? Cause SA had this same problem with dual core processors. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

cryani.gif People complaining about games running too fast, and I'm here complaining about my videocard running games too slow... cryani.gif

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:38 AM

Nah, I have a simple Pentium 4, and I could only get the game to install and run in compatability mode tounge.gif ! Thanks for the suggestions anyway!

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:53 AM

Moved to PC Chat.

(Look on the bright side, at least its more challenging now!)

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

I've already clocked it twice (the second with Chris; and I rescued Jill and Rebecca!), and I want to make it work on my good computer so I can beat it on there. Is there any program (apart from that stupid Slow Up) that can slow it down?

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:14 AM

Please, any suggestions? It's driving me nuts!

(P.S: Stuff the double post.)

Informant X
  • Informant X

Liberty City Informant

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:49 PM Edited by Informant X, 23 November 2006 - 12:02 AM.

Did you try setting the compatability mode on Windows 98? Also, is there any selections at the video screen that says frame rate limiter? Can't remember, but I had the same problem with Resident Evil Nemesis. Most important that may help more than likely, go to your desktop and click on START > RUN and type dxdiag and go to the display tab and disable AGP texture acceleration. Then try going to the sound tab and setting the Hardware sound acceleration level all the way to the left. If that doesnt work, try going to Control Panel > Appearance and Themes > Display, then click on the settings tab, click on advance then click on the troubleshoot tab. Set the acceleration on medium, but don't disable direct 3d draw. See if that helps it.

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

No, the only options in the setting screen are the options to change the resolution and the 3D accelerator (there's Rendition Ready, 3DFX and something else).

But thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them when I get home.

SuperTrunks
  • SuperTrunks

Luck is my Skill

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:29 PM Edited by SuperTrunks, 05 December 2006 - 12:32 PM.

I don't know how to solve your problem but I also experienced double speed of the game while I played Chris. How do you know your fps? do you use fraps for that? Anyways the main menu runs 60 fps and the game itself 30 fps, but before I finished Chris's game it was faster, double as fast I think, but I didn't check the fps, thought it was normal ^^ Killing the hunters was extremely tough, and I also barely survived those weird chimeras. I run residentevil.exe and launch.exe and checker.exe all in win 95 compatibility. I also tried 98 and forced 640x480 but I can't get it fast again. Maybe it's becaue the videocard I selected, I selected the bottom one: Intergraph intense because the the 1st one gave stripes through the screen and it got stuck while using the 2nd and 3rd so I continued from the bottom. I remember it was so fast that if I pressed load game or new game that the announcer couldn't even say "resident evil" but only got half way or something. I don't remember how I installed it, but it's size on my hd is 346 MB if I hold my mouse above the directory. I tried installing minimal, full and recommended to solve the jill bug, maybe the install makes a difference.

so in short you could try the same settings as me since I might have had the same speed problem and now I don't

residentevil.exe, launcher.exe, checker.exe compatibility tab: only win 95 compatibility
Videocard: Intergraph intense 640 480(only option)(I remember I also could choose 320 240 before, now it's gone)
Install: 346 MB(full or recommended I guess)

and if those same settings don't work there are only 2 things I can think of, which are:
1. a reboot(my computer is always on, but I needed a few reboots after RE got stuck)
2. switching between tv out and monitor(the tv makes RE look like it does on the playstation and that really looks better because the monitor is too sharp, maybe I lost my fast speed on the tv)

oh a 3rd thing, since my nemesis also didn't work at first the dxdiag soundtab is now on "no acceleration"

Good luck ^-^

Master-Of-GTA
  • Master-Of-GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:57 AM

Thanks very much! I couldn't get Resi Evil 3 to run on my new computer either! So I'll try all your suggestions. I hope that I can play both properly now...

teenflon5
  • teenflon5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:29 PM

Hi, I just resolved the same problem on Resident Evil 1 on PC this evening and I found this, so I had to make an account to help you! I found this page
http://www.ntcompati...vil_t33170.html
which tells you exactly what to do, except, when it says "Just apply the compability mode on the "Setup.exe" and "Launch.exe" files and run the "setup.exe". When the red screen appear, click "alt + f4" and install the game.", "Just apply the compatability Mode" is refering to the Microsoft Compability Wizard, instructions found on the following link, http://www.microsoft.../appcompat.mspx
That Wizard from Microsoft is pretty amazing. When it says about Graphics, like how many colours and the pixles on the compability wizard, don't select anything, just click next.

Firstly put the disk in, and go on the compatability wizard, then select the CD Drive, It will start up with some random red screen. If nothing happens try Alt + F4 that got the installer up for me. Then install it. You can't run it from the start menu, it just dosn't like it, so run the CD After installation to play it, but you need to use the compatability wizard every time and the Disk.

The only thing that dosn't work is as shown on the first link at the bottom of the forum, When playing as Jill, at the start when you go through the dining room, and kill the first zombie, when you return to wesker or barry or whoever is investigating the blood, the same zombie comes through, and then it just freezes. Killing the zombie dosn't effect this, because either way, the same video is played. I need to resolve this urgently, because it is practically impossible to play as chris!!!, I just need to get the first zombie killed as chris, then I can get jill's gun from the entrance hall, but that in inself is pretty tricky!!!

teenflon5
  • teenflon5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

This solves the random crash problem!!

i fixed the problem with the scene of first zombie , and now it works great!

I had the same problem as many of you with the game locking up after Barry shoots the 1st zombie. Hopefully, this workaround will help you:

1. Leave the DINING ROOM when Jill first enters with Barry.

2. When you go back in, try to exit again and Barry will make a comment.

3. Then walk up and talk to Barry.

4. Next, walk past the clock and a different cut-scene takes place

byeee

(From http://www.ntcompati...nt_t34556.html). On this thread it also explains a possible way to sort out the fast forward weirdness of the game. On PS1 everyone walked everywhere in the videos, like in the first scene, but on XP everyone practically runs everywhere during videos. This isn't too much of a problem, and the fix on the above link is not tested on XP as stated.
I havent tried this yet

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:01 AM Edited by ViceDiaz, 23 October 2008 - 02:03 AM.

I know how to solve this issue.

go under properties,and go under compatabilities in your Resident Evil CD.

switch it all the Resident Evil exe files to windows 95.

now it will work.

as for the game funning way too fast, just run windows media player while playing the game.

now enjoy.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

THhnkyou for your input, Vice Diaz, but this topic is nearly a year old, and so there is no point posting in it and it is pretty much against forum rules (It is called 'bumping' a topic). Just a pointer for the future so you don't do it again :-).
CF33

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

It might have been a big bump, but if someone has the same problem, this way they'll search and find out how to resolve problem.

Bumping a topic is only against the rules if it doesn't add anything to the discussion, like simply saying "Bump".

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:11 AM

It might have been a big bump, but if someone has the same problem, this way they'll search and find out how to resolve problem.

Bumping a topic is only against the rules if it doesn't add anything to the discussion, like simply
saying "Bump".

Ok Ottae, I'll keep that in mind smile.gif.
CF33

sabrina2000
  • sabrina2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:05 AM

PLS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE DO I FIND TO DOWNLOAD FREE THE RESIDENT EVIL GAME? cryani.gif cryani.gif

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (sabrina2000 @ Feb 13 2009, 17:05)
PLS, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE DO I FIND TO DOWNLOAD FREE THE RESIDENT EVIL GAME? cryani.gif cryani.gif

WTF!!! You alone can make this thread locked. No warez here dude sorry.

sabrina2000
  • sabrina2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:14 AM

I REALY LIKE THIS GAME, IM A FAN OF THIS GAME. I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD HIM FROM SITES BUT NO RESULT. SO, I FIND THIS FORUM AND I WAS THINKING THAT SOME OF U CAN HELP ME TO FIND THE GAME.
I REALY DO BELIVE THAT YOU WILL HELP ME DOWNLOAD IT.
THANK YOU

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (sabrina2000 @ Feb 13 2009, 17:14)
I REALY LIKE THIS GAME, IM A FAN OF THIS GAME. I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD HIM FROM SITES BUT NO RESULT. SO, I FIND THIS FORUM AND I WAS THINKING THAT SOME OF U CAN HELP ME TO FIND THE GAME.
I REALY DO BELIVE THAT YOU WILL HELP ME DOWNLOAD IT.
THANK YOU

No my mate.... i'm afraid this is against the rules. So we can't help you mate. Why you don't buy this game, if you need it so bad.

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:46 AM Edited by GTASIX, 13 February 2009 - 11:49 AM.

orly.gif post removed orly.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

They wont.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users