Photo

Vice City Stories: Buglist

103 replies to this topic
d00d
  • d00d

Common sense with a baseball bat

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

I've seen quite a few topics about bugs in the game, so I thought it may be an idea to have one place so if anyone wants to report any, they could collectively see all of them in one place. I'll start it off with a few I've found:

Camera angles change randomly on entering Empire Buildings.

When attacking an Empire Building, sometimes opposing gang members spawn in odd places far away on the map.

In certain locations, cars that spawn outside Empire Buildings are merged with the building itself - so its undriveable as its stuck.

Garages eat cars if you go far enough from them, or load another save game.

Thats all I've found. Be free to post your discoveries.

Zodes
  • Zodes

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

Sometimes you can't get out of your car.

Textures don't load.

Saves get wiped.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

Vehicles dissapear when saved at Phils Apartment.

Empire site vehicles and entrance markers take a while to appear.

Pop-up issues.

The Empire Sites may not be solid at certain times, and you can drive right through them.

The radio on the Freeway doesn't work until you pause and change the radio station in audio options.

When stealing a bike, the engine sound can't be heard for several seconds.

Certain cars, including the Stinger, also have missing engine sounds.

original gangster
  • original gangster

Perfectly cromulent.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:33 PM

I've found that walls around an empire can sometimes take a few seconds to load, so you could be driving along fast and then hit an invisible barrier, only for a construction wall to appear seconds later. This has only happened once to me.

Also I bought the Empire Business near the dirt track and turned it into a smuggling business, but whenever I start missions for it things go a bit... crazy. I'll start off in the middle of the sea and then appear on land, textures start going weird and then I'll fall through the floor, then everything will go back to normal and I'll be standing outside the business again. It's odd, I don't know if anyone else gets that, but I'm guessing it's due to the location.

genaga
  • genaga

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:56 PM

I've not encountered any of these errors except for the garage one

and the one were the empire building loads different because that is probaly the last thing it loads map>cars/people>extras

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:24 PM

Any sea vehicale hat you get into gives the message that the Impound wants it, even though it doesn't and it would be extremely hard to get one up there...

original gangster
  • original gangster

Perfectly cromulent.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (kingvercetti @ Nov 5 2006, 19:24)
Any sea vehicale hat you get into gives the message that the Impound wants it, even though it doesn't and it would be extremely hard to get one up there...

Are you sure that's a bug? When you've delivered a few cars to the impound it tells you that they're interested in boats as well, and that you can deliver them to the boat hangar nearby.

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

Oh yeah, that's what that second Civil Asset Forfeiture thing marked on the map is for.

The biggest bug is definitely cars getting lost from garages. That's been with us for several versions and should have been fixed by now.

QUOTE (kingvercetti @ Nov 5 2006, 13:24)

I had to see what it would do. The circle is lit up, but it won't take it.

#cheat Teleport to Impound Entrace
teleport(-978.17, -1250.90, 11.38);

user posted image

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:49 PM

I dont know if this was just a one off but i was in the middle of doing an extortion mission and i rammed the bike and Vic woulnt get out of the car i was in. no matter how hard or how many times i pressed triangle i couldnt get out.

Probably just a one off.

Stuch
  • Stuch

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:53 PM Edited by _Stuch_, 05 November 2006 - 08:56 PM.

Can't get out of your car one is happening alot to me! As it seems to be for alot of people, it mainly happens during Empire Missions.
Also, Radio Problems, It sticks alot, stops and starts ect.

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (original gangster @ Nov 5 2006, 20:59)
QUOTE (kingvercetti @ Nov 5 2006, 19:24)

Are you sure that's a bug? When you've delivered a few cars to the impound it tells you that they're interested in boats as well, and that you can deliver them to the boat hangar nearby.

I honestly didn't know about that.

@Edison: Lol at the pic.

QUOTE (edisoncarter)
The biggest bug is definitely cars getting lost from garages. That's been with us for several versions and should have been fixed by now.

The ironic thing is that know it's worse than ever, they might as well have not bothered with them...

It would be awesome if the game had hooks, so we could have official patches for 333Mhz and stuff to fix pop-up. I bet it'll never happen though. sad.gif

d00d
  • d00d

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:13 PM

======BADASS BUG=====

Rockstar had better start pulling out with some flippin' explinations and solutions.

*SPOILER STARTS*

I was doing the mission where you have to save Reni from being attacked by Diego's goons (first defend film studio, then rescue Reni) and I defended the film studio, then got a page from Reni asking for help at the Malibu. So I went there, saw the cutscene where he's taking cover from the goons - then I spawned BACK at the film studio and had to do the first bit of the mission again...but no goons came.

*SPOILER ENDS*

This was one of the most hyped GTA games and I really looked forward to it, but with the more progress I make I'm becoming increasingly p*ssed at Rockstar.

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:29 PM

game freeze when you steal a car every 30 minutes or so,same as lcs?

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:02 AM

To be honest, non of the glitches i've encountered have really hindered my like of the game or made me get pissed off. All games have glitches and this is just another game, It's just as it's GTA, everyone makes more of a fuss about them.

88survivor
  • 88survivor

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:00 AM Edited by 88survivor, 06 November 2006 - 01:03 AM.

Though there is some games that are free of glitches, but since it is a PSP, anything hand held can be bugged easily. I heard the loading is a pain in the ass, though.

HiDefAmp
  • HiDefAmp

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (d00d @ Nov 5 2006, 17:13)
======BADASS BUG=====

Rockstar had better start pulling out with some flippin' explinations and solutions.

*SPOILER STARTS*

I was doing the mission where you have to save Reni from being attacked by Diego's goons (first defend film studio, then rescue Reni) and I defended the film studio, then got a page from Reni asking for help at the Malibu. So I went there, saw the cutscene where he's taking cover from the goons - then I spawned BACK at the film studio and had to do the first bit of the mission again...but no goons came.

*SPOILER ENDS*

This was one of the most hyped GTA games and I really looked forward to it, but with the more progress I make I'm becoming increasingly p*ssed at Rockstar.

Same thing happened to me. Also, I've seen two ghost bikes so far being driven without a driver both of which were used by Bikers who were chasing me. And I've seen a few cars spawned upside down on the bottom of bridges.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:14 AM

Loading is a lot better than it was in LCS. Interiors take only seconds as well as missions. And the loading screen from one island to another takes aprox. 14.5 seconds for me.

Rayo Puo
  • Rayo Puo

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:26 AM

I've only come across the garage glitch, and one night it froze a few times in a row, after restarting, but since then nothing. One more non affecting glitch i noticed one time, it a bike laid on the road and i could not get on it, when i pressed triangle he just ran around it constantly until i ran away from it.

NtsRock
  • NtsRock

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:00 AM

I met two regular bugs

Please see the screenshots:

It`s a spider van......very funny ....huh... confused.gif

user posted image

user posted image

#2 is that my car in garage will disappear for no reason..... confused.gif , which absolutely bothered me....... sad.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:10 AM

I get that glitch allot to. They usually end up suck and blow up.

user posted image

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:59 AM

On certain cars (I noticed it particularly on the Taxi during the Taxi Driver missions), the passenger door animations are messed up. They open upwards rather than outwards. I'll get a screenshot when I next see it.

d00d
  • d00d

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:08 AM

Can someone direct Rockstar to this thread? We're doing the job of their damn product testers and to be frank, as long as the game SOMEHOW gets sorted I'll die a happy man. confused.gif

Cores
  • Cores

Eraser

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:57 PM

Two words:

POP UP

Also Getting stuck on lamposts, no audio, slow audio, skipping audio,
THE MOST STUPID AI EVER (well not quite but it's pretty bad),
FLoating objects, blue underground, extreme loading (its worse than LCS because they try to do everything from multipul camera angels)
Unintresting storyline (so far) and characters (so far), VC is too flat,
There is little changes to the original map, HALF THE MAIN ISLAND IS A BLOODY BEACH and The Freeway motorcycle now handles like a dog with one leg.

However it is still GTA which kinda redeams it.

88survivor
  • 88survivor

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:16 PM

I heard that the cops are much crazier than in San Andreas, for example.

Ninjah
  • Ninjah

Raijin Clan Jōnin

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:55 PM

I got completely stuck and immortal on the crossroad of the main road and the road to Little Haiti.

d00d
  • d00d

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:05 PM

Uuh cores, this is a buglist - not an "I hate about VCS..." list =].

I found that vehicles that have two exhausts only produce fumes on one of them sometimes.

Plus if you pause your game while in a moving vehicle, put your PSP on standby (flick the power switch up) and then come back to playing, sometimes you'll get weird sound effects. Heres a little assortment of mine - Helicopter blades spinning although I'd destroyed the helicopter, police siren playing back at 2x speed, car engine sounds when I get out of the car, etc.

Pfft. Sadly, I'm sure theres still more to come too -.-

.:nick:.
  • .:nick:.

Lance Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:21 PM

The only bug that ive encouted so far is the Garage one its anoying cuz i always like to put a nice car in there specialy so far ive sean just 2 infernaus and 1 Cheeter so grrr. unfortunate...

88survivor
  • 88survivor

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

Damn...that sucks.

Long
  • Long

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:31 PM

In the cut scene "Light my Pyre" there is no sound (I had my volume on to the max I even checked it using the home button)

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:36 PM

Two mission glitches for you:

Mission: Brawn of the dead

Glitch: After killing all the zombies the first time you do this mish, the car you drove over in will be flipped over and upside down. This only happens the FIRST TIME this mission is attempted. And no, it's not only me, for Adam (Kuiosikle) also encountered this glitch.

Mission: Last Stand (Last mission)

Glitch: After the credits, some people get a loading screen, but can still hear the traffic sounds. These people can leave there PSP on for an hour and the loading screen will still be there. You basically have to completely restart your PSP and redo the mission.

And a normal gameplay glitch:

I was flying my Air Ambulance, and I saw a skimmer down at the dock behind the biker bar. Since I love the skimmer and biplane, I ditched into the water to go after it. The helicopter landed in the water, but the sound of it did not go away. I got in the Skimmer and flew down the island to the f*cking airport and I still heard it. Basic audio glitch, those seem pretty common.

I've also encountered the "Spider Car" glitch once, but when I looked away and then back at the bridge, the car dissapeared.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users