SA:dopewars

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
235 replies to this topic
GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:28 AM

It is.. It depends on how u mapped ur buttons on Xbox.. The GXT should work on it as well..

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:39 PM Edited by Freakingfreak, 08 December 2006 - 02:49 PM.

ok it does look like it takes gta garage ages to approve(they having technical problems) so here is the link till it get approved:
SA:dopewars0.2beta
yea but doesnt the GXT tell the diffrence in between button for example RMb compared to what button on the xbox ...etc ?

nope,in the GXT i dont map the keys RMB or SPACE but for example ~player_sprint~~ ~player_jump~~ and later on according to how you mapped your keys the game know how to identify the keys.
Ahh, and for people that want to make an "empire" (get all the territories), I gotta mention that it's imposible confused.gif. A few territories are in inaccessible areas or inactive areas, like 2 in sf airport, one in sea, other in ship, etc.

well, the plan is to write missions to this areas in the future,good spot icon14.gif

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:29 PM

I got an idea: Smuggling minigame!

It's just like the "robbing uncle sam" mission, but this time you can do it for fun! The objective is picking the crates by the docks (the one from the mission) , load them to a truck using the forklift, and taking the truck to the warehouse. In there you must talk to the workers. You can either choose to make a drug deal (millions of cash) or keep the drugs (too high profile).

Bjyounggotti
  • Bjyounggotti

Hoe slappa

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:03 AM

ok......great it s going on my box

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:14 AM Edited by beanmachine43, 09 December 2006 - 04:33 AM.

dl'ed the 0.1 version last night and haven't stopped it from running because of the save bug. Now that 0.2 is out, I'm going to be playing it even more. Nice fu*king work, man. My roommates take special appreciation as well. biggrin.gif Hope there's room for improvement with it because this could be the sole thing that holds me over until GTA: IV.

Edit: Not sure if it's been reported, but even on the 0.2 version, gang territories aren't loading for me when I load up the game save file. The map is blank and says no there's no territories under control, like the beginning of the real game.

astr1
  • astr1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Dec 9 2006, 04:14)
Edit: Not sure if it's been reported, but even on the 0.2 version, gang territories aren't loading for me when I load up the game save file. The map is blank and says no there's no territories under control, like the beginning of the real game.

Doesnt do it to me
p.s I managed to get my san andreas back of my friend again

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:58 PM

thanx beanmachine43 ,happy to hear you and your roommates enjoying this mod.
Not sure if it's been reported, but even on the 0.2 version, gang territories aren't loading for me when I load up the game save file. The map is blank and says no there's no territories under control, like the beginning of the real game.

thats weird,have u tried to provoke a gang war ? what where the results ? after u die ,does the map stays blank ?
even ? that means that it happend while playing ver 0.1 also ?
any1 else had this problem ?

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

Freak, I had this problem too, but I was intending to do a "list" of bugs to report them all at once. When you load the game, the territories are invisible, but you can still attack them or be attacked, but they don't appear in map. After the attack, they start appearing again wink.gif

Roald
  • Roald

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

Can't you make the menus like the normal menus, choosing with space instead of making it key-based? Nice mod btw, really, really enjoying it...

further questions though: can you smoke yourself?
can you change your character while playing the game?

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Roald @ Dec 9 2006, 12:57)
further questions though: can you smoke yourself?

GOOD idea dude biggrin.gif . It would be nice if you could use your own drugs and get in drunk mode (the one from "Are You Going To San Fierro?")

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:26 PM

Hey Freak, I did a list of bugs/incompletes for the dopewars mod. Hope it's useful:

*** Parachute doesnít work due scripts removed;

*** Gang Territories need replacement (one is over the whole Los Santos, and some are over others);

*** The interiors only have peds hanging around (my idea is make the interiors as they were, but without the functions like food);

*** You can still get hungry (and lose hp), but the fast food doesnít fix it, as you already know;

*** Some gang territories are in places without ped paths. Those places could be taken to your gang in possible asset missions;

*** Gangs like Aztecas, triad, rifa and vietnamese donít exist anymore;

*** The gangwars are only against ballas and vagos (Do you think that can be fixable to war against other gangs?);

*** You canít do freeroam things, like dancing in the club, pool, minigames, strip club, basketball, etc;

*** The wanted level system on drugs needs improvement later. It would be good if you get only 1 star depending of drug and ammount, instead of get 3 stars instantly only for packing 30 of them;

*** Six stars wonít work;

*** You can buy RC cars, but you canít use them (Is that posible to fix without editing handling?);

*** On skin select, if you pass thought your skin, you canít switch it back, because the arrows ďrightĒ and ďleftĒ always go to the next skin (left was supposed to go to the preview one);

*** The skin changes, but the voices donít (Probably because of a posible bug?);

*** The airport trips to other cities was removed;

*** The weapons should be inside the house instead of on the streets, so people wonít get brassknuckles by accident if they donít like it (Just a suggestion);

*** The smack and drinks machines wonít work, probably removed because of fast food. I have an idea about it. What do you think of make the slot machines cheaper than fast food? So the fast food is only for emergency;

*** You canít buy melee weapons in the ammunation service (Can it be added?);

*** The airports donít have gate (like someone care about it hahahah);

*** The ammunation service is hard to buy a good amount from a weapon, because it switches back to the main menu when you buy the weapon;

*** Thereís a hole in the crack palace (as mentioned before);

*** You canít learn new moves in the gym, because it was removed;

*** Behind the save point from San Fierro, there is an arrow to ďDinerĒ interior, which isnít solid;

*** The weather never changes to rain, fog, sandstorm, etc;

*** You canít buy snipers from the ammunation service, like some other guns;

*** The drug factory uses the built and destroyed textures at the same time;

*** If you leave Jizzyís place by the top exit, itíll make the sky get interior colors (black/white);

*** The wardrobe interior could be used to change of ďclothesĒ (skins);

*** The payín sprays arenít in radar;

*** You should be able to buy heavy weapons from ammunation service;

Not everything mentioned is REALLY a bug, just listing tounge.gif

szafto
  • szafto

Bullsh*t!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Serafim @ Dec 9 2006, 18:26)
Hey Freak, I did a list of bugs/incompletes for the dopewars mod. Hope it's useful:

*** Gang Territories need replacement (one is over the whole Los Santos, and some are over others);

*** The interiors only have peds hanging around (my idea is make the interiors as they were, but without the functions like food);

*** You can still get hungry (and lose hp), but the fast food doesnít fix it, as you already know;

*** Some gang territories are in places without ped paths. Those places could be taken to your gang in possible asset missions;

*** Gangs like Aztecas, triad, rifa and vietnamese donít exist anymore;

*** The gangwars are only against ballas and vagos (Do you think that can be fixable to war against other gangs?);

*** You canít do freeroam things, like dancing in the club, pool, minigames, strip club, basketball, etc;

*** The wanted level system on drugs needs improvement later. It would be good if you get only 1 star depending of drug and ammount, instead of get 3 stars instantly only for packing 30 of them;

*** Six stars wonít work;

*** You can buy RC cars, but you canít use them (Is that posible to fix without editing handling?);

*** On skin select, if you pass thought your skin, you canít switch it back, because the arrows ďrightĒ and ďleftĒ always go to the next skin (left was supposed to go to the preview one);

*** The skin changes, but the voices donít (Probably because of a posible bug?);

*** The weapons should be inside the house instead of on the streets, so people wonít get brassknuckles by accident if they donít like it (Just a suggestion);

*** The smack and drinks machines wonít work, probably removed because of fast food. I have an idea about it. What do you think of make the slot machines cheaper than fast food? So the fast food is only for emergency;

*** The ammunation service is hard to buy a good amount from a weapon, because it switches back to the main menu when you buy the weapon;

*** Behind the save point from San Fierro, there is an arrow to ďDinerĒ interior, which isnít solid;

*** The weather never changes to rain, fog, sandstorm, etc;

*** If you leave Jizzyís place by the top exit, itíll make the sky get interior colors (black/white);

*** The wardrobe interior could be used to change of ďclothesĒ (skins);

*** The payín sprays arenít in radar;

*** You should be able to buy heavy weapons from ammunation service;

Not everything mentioned is REALLY a bug, just listing tounge.gif

good list man tounge.gif

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:09 PM

Firstly, nice list on the bugs/suggestions, agreed with pretty much all of them.

Oh and thanks for figuring out the gang territory situation. Worked after I successfully defended it and they all apeared again right where they should be.

The bug I find really annoying on that list is the selection with the cars and characters. It sucks when you have to scroll through 100+ selections again if you're finger slipped or held the button too long.

Regardless of the minor bugs, this is still a fu*king kick-ass mod especially for one still in process of completion.

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:53 PM

wow serafim quite a list u compiled there tounge.gif
but i wouldnt consider 90% of the things listed as bugs,more like suggestions.
i'll start with the most important .
You can still get hungry (and lose hp), but the fast food doesnít fix it, as you already know;

what? u lose hp from being hungry ? thats not meant to be that way,and its not here,i need to look into this,i might will need to update t mod with 1 more file,i'll check it out cause here i dont lose hp if not eating and i know i changed 1 more file that i didnt included in the mod that might fixed that.
Six stars wonít work

i find 5 stars more reasonable for this mod ,police and fbi more likely to chase drugdealer then the army,so its going to stay that way .
Gangs like Aztecas, triad, rifa and vietnamese donít exist anymore;

they are not on this mod because you cant provoke them into gangwars,and i wanted as many battle zones as possible.
which also answer the next :
The gangwars are only against ballas and vagos (Do you think that can be fixable to war against other gangs?);

nope u cant war the other gangs ,R hardcoded that ,and even if u do ,only ballas or vagos show up in small numbers .
The skin changes, but the voices donít (Probably because of a posible bug?)

other files needs to be changed for that , and that cant be dynamic ,so the only thing i can do is make the player shut up tounge.gif
The weather never changes to rain, fog, sandstorm, etc;

again ,i made this on purpose ,but im not fanatic about that, it can be changed.
i even started to write a seassons script but we'll see about that.

it can be added but i rather place them in other places on the map then to buy them in ammu .

snipers suck...and country rifle suck also ,so i kept them out ,but if it really bothers u guys i can add them up.
You should be able to buy heavy weapons from ammunation service;

like? u allready can buy minigun or rocket luncher ,whats more heavy then that ?
If you leave Jizzyís place by the top exit, itíll make the sky get interior colors (black/white);

blame R for that .
Gang Territories need replacement (one is over the whole Los Santos, and some are over others);

this way u see more action and confrontations between gangs on the streets .
*** The smack and drinks machines wonít work, probably removed because of fast food. I have an idea about it.

all of this things missing/acting funky because this mod build on a stripped scm,i might add parachute or vending machines but
no way im going to add all the interiors or there functions i added the mod shop which is the most important and about the pool and basketball,if u want that just play good old SA .
The wanted level system on drugs needs improvement later. It would be good if you get only 1 star depending of drug and ammount, instead of get 3 stars instantly only for packing 30 of them;

its not 3 stars all the time sometimes u get 4 or 5 stars,again i find it more fun then 1 star .

lol u want to drive the rc cars ?

yeah i know,i'll change that soon,in the meanwhile just scroll calmly and slow tounge.gif

this really bothers u ? wouldnt u find it annoying to get into the house just to get weapons ?

lol biggrin.gif

astr1
  • astr1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Freakingfreak @ Dec 9 2006, 22:53)

lol u want to drive the rc cars ?

But whats the real point of having rc cars then? I bought one to drive and then I saw that I wasted my money

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:21 PM

But whats the real point of having rc cars then? I bought one to drive and then I saw that I wasted my money

its because the script i made for the cars, cycle through all the models in game ,the rc models mixed with the car models,so instead of cutting them out of the loop i decided to keep them there, call it laziness if u want ,i figured no damage done,
they are cheap anyway,and ppl will know u cant drive them after 1 buy,but i'll check if i can make them remote control bombs for you guys hehe ... laters

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:34 PM

I found another way of dealing with territories disappearing. You can simply just save the game after it loads and viola; they appear again!

astr1
  • astr1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:32 AM Edited by astr1, 10 December 2006 - 08:59 AM.

Here some Ides, Questions and Bugs

Ideas:
(If its possible) on gta 3 and vc (I cant 100% remember if you can get it on san andreas) there is that drug that slows down everything, maybe you could make you be able to take drugs and you get the script or file(what ever you call it) and make it slow down

You know the random pedestrians that you can buy or sell drugs to, maybe you should make it that pedestrians have sertain drugs insted of every drug in the game. Eg. One pedestrian could have coke and TXD and a different pedestrian could have 2 different drugs but not coke and txd. Just a thought

More Bugs:
These aren't really big bugs, just wanted to post em

In your girlfriends house (the one neer grove) it lets you enter it, and when you go inside its like bulletproof glass. You can see the outside but you cant shoot out

I dont know if this has happend to anyone else but I started a new game then: picked the weed, then started selling and buying drugs then after I sold drugs to about three pedestrians then no one came to buy or sell drugs to me. I walked all over the map but there was no blue thing on the map and no pedestrians trying to sell or buy drugs of me. This has happend to me three times so far

EDIT: I loaded the game then saved over it then pedestrians started coming again.

Sometimes pedestrians will spawn inside of houses with there head sticking out of the roof and spawn in the middle of the road with there head sticking out of the road. It is hard to sell or buy drugs to them and sometimes it wont let you sell or buy at all

This probably is really rare, its only happend to me once: I went to ryders house and bought it all it said "Come back in 5days to collect your dope" <-(something like that). Then as soon as it said that I ran over to a pedestrian and clicked on buy and I started buying some drugs, but instead of my money going down it went up! I got paid for buying drugs!, weird

Questions:
When you start a new game you have to pick weed from the front of riders yard, but later in the game you pick up a suitcase. Why did you change from picking weed until just picking up a suitcase? I think it was more creative to pick up weed

Is ryders place and the bar up the road the only places you can buy? Maybe you should make more places like the bar but some are more expensive but the money goes up faster, also some more places you can grow drugs so instead of waiting five days for only one batch you could buy more places and get like six batches in five days. I wasnt sure if this is a question or idea so I just threw it in questions since I only had one

Thats all thanks for reading

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:19 AM

(If its possible) on gta 3 and vc (I cant 100% remember if you can get it on san andreas) there is that drug that slows down everything, maybe you could make you be able to take drugs and you get the script or file(what ever you call it) and make it slow down

its possible and was done before,i mentioned before that i might add option to use dope in future version.
I dont know if this has happend to anyone else but I started a new game then: picked the weed, then started selling and buying drugs then after I sold drugs to about three pedestrians then no one came to buy or sell drugs to me. I walked all over the map but there was no blue thing on the map and no pedestrians trying to sell or buy drugs of me. This has happend to me three times so far

EDIT: I loaded the game then saved over it then pedestrians started coming again.

to make the marker appear just hold your cellphone once .
Sometimes pedestrians will spawn inside of houses with there head sticking out of the roof and spawn in the middle of the road with there head sticking out of the road. It is hard to sell or buy drugs to them and sometimes it wont let you sell or buy at all

yep i know about this1 ,i even mentioned it in the readme file inside the zip,just kill the ped and if he's in a place u couldnt reach him just drive away,or hold your cellphone ,either of this actions will make new ped appear .
This probably is really rare, its only happend to me once: I went to ryders house and bought it all it said "Come back in 5days to collect your dope" <-(something like that). Then as soon as it said that I ran over to a pedestrian and clicked on buy and I started buying some drugs, but instead of my money going down it went up! I got paid for buying drugs!, weird

this is the most annoying bug of them all , i need to change the the dealing script completely in order to fix that.
i know why it happens, but its one of those bugs that is hard to fix.
When you start a new game you have to pick weed from the front of riders yard, but later in the game you pick up a suitcase. Why did you change from picking weed until just picking up a suitcase? I think it was more creative to pick up weed

because your first crop was outdoors, the house grows are indoors, u get the dope manicured and packed in a suitcase,ready for sell .
Is ryders place and the bar up the road the only places you can buy? Maybe you should make more places like the bar but some are more expensive but the money goes up faster, also some more places you can grow drugs so instead of waiting five days for only one batch you could buy more places and get like six batches in five days.

as i mentioned in the read me,this is not finished there gonna be much more props&drug houses&features
in the future this is a wip .

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:44 PM

I've just found a bug. If the message warning the dope is ready in the house appears while you're hanging on phone, the briefcase doesn't appear (only its shine)

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:53 AM

Had nothing to do before I crashed so I took a few pics: (Just click to enlarge it)

http://img90.imagesh.../6523/akis9.jpg

http://img183.images...458/jumplu8.jpg

http://img90.imagesh...4894/macdi4.jpg

http://img90.imagesh...13/phoneok1.jpg

http://img90.imagesh...mmingtongs3.jpg

astr1
  • astr1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Serafim @ Dec 10 2006, 23:44)
I've just found a bug. If the message warning the dope is ready in the house appears while you're hanging on phone, the briefcase doesn't appear (only its shine)

Yeah, I found that too. But I didnt wanna post it......to busy playing, lol

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

XABLAU!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:16 PM

I'm looking forward for this mod... I wish I could code so I could help you out

Roald
  • Roald

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:33 PM

And people should actually demand and supply certain amounts of drugs...I just bought 300 pieces of cheap heroine from an old lady, got a 4 star wanted level, but quickly drove to someone else, sold it, made a 3 million profit, saved, and I was done...after the start, you should be able to get trucks, ships and even full planes of drugs that will be transported for or by you when you get richer, by buying a big warehouse from where you can really push all through-out the country...

cowsrkewl666
  • cowsrkewl666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:51 AM

this is one of the best drug mods ive evr seen 4 sa. i just have a few suggestions (i apologize if sum of these have already been suggested):
1. make it able 2 use the drugs (if u need ideas check out the hi and drunk mod on here if u havent already)
2. make the buy and sell menus mor like at the shops (i.e. useing shift and enter)
3. put the gyms back in so u can learn new moves and make the barber shops a place where u can switch 2 a diff skin
4. fix the bug where peds spawn in weird places like in the roof of a house tounge.gif
5. make mor places that we can buy
6. make it so we can buy beer at the bars tounge.gif
7. make the warehouse that u have 2 kill the russian arms dealer in ls a smuggling place (i.e. b able 2 fill a truck with drugs and take it sumwhere and get plad a sh*tload of $$ 4 it biggrin.gif )

cowsrkewl666
  • cowsrkewl666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:39 AM

heres a bug that i found:
when u go inside a building it goes back 2 cj but its all weird and hes on his side

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:47 PM Edited by lord fido, 13 December 2006 - 08:50 PM.

I wish you could buy bigger weed farms. Like The Truth's farm and Big Smoke's Crack Palace. You'd have bodyguards all over the building, and those cracked up guys in the first floor. On the third floor you'd had a useable strip club and your gang. In the second floor you'd see your crack especialists working on crack and you'd be able to pick the briefcase with coke.

You'd be able to store drugs in the Russian warehouse and you could also do "Grand Theft Auto" missions where you have to steal cars and take them to the garage in the warehouse where you can sell them.

szafto
  • szafto

Bullsh*t!

• Members

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:23 AM

make it so you can buy the crack den as a prop

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

XABLAU!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (szafto @ Dec 14 2006 @ 03:23)
make it so you can buy the crack den as a prop

Yep, and you can make transportations by there(eg:Yankees parked outside. Enter it to trigger a transportation mission)and you can get more dope like you win money(eg:Floating $ incon, but instead of money, gives you drugs)and you can save there... That would be so amazing

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:58 PM

good idea Vinny! You could load drugs into the trucks, like on burglary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users