» «
Photo

SA:dopewars

233 replies to this topic
Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:54 AM Edited by Freakingfreak, 11 January 2007 - 04:37 PM.

gta:
SA:dopewars

welcome to Sa underground illegal trafficing world.
you will start as a small time pusher selling his home grown weed .
user posted image
there r no rules here ,u can stay small time pusher hanging around the hood with the homies,hassling for small cash ,or, ingage in huge mass distrtbution dope transactions worth millions ,be advised though ,the more illegal substences u carry on you will most likely attract more heat from the poilce,in the case that they will get you they will take your "merchndise" and probably some of your cash too (hey they have kids to feed as well ). as you roam around the streets you will be aware of potential dealers and customers by a blue marker above the person and on radar ,at that point u will be able to choose engaging in a deal or walk away if you are not intrested ,you will be able to buy or sale your dope by foot or by car&bike :
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
you will have access to your cellphone which you can use to call for special usuall services like ammunation takeaway service ,or fast food delivery, or for more shady services like calling your corrupted cop "buddy" that will be happy to take off your wanted stars for the right price (more stars = the more cash he'll want) ,and some more services that i will keep in the dark for now .
user posted image
you will be able to buy properties around the state :
user posted image
cars&houses ,and of course be able to save your progress .
as you might have noticed from the pictures this mod also includes a charcter selection menu,and food only used to restore hp (not decreasing if you are not eatting)
gang wars are enabeld and u will be able to fight for new territories,by that u will ensure that your "biz" wont be interupted by rival gangs .
+some more suprises .
download link for beta : http://www.gtagarage...oad.php?id=2023
alternative download : (sometimes gtagarage having technical problems)
SA:DopeWars beta 0.2
few things i think is essential to remember ,this mod was made from scratch on an stripped script,and R should not be held responsible for its content in any way ,all what some may call "problemtic" features was made from scratch,and off course dont do drugs kids,drugs are bad anuj_cop.gif

Jam99
  • Jam99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

Sounds good dude... We need something like this in the game for wen we get bored... One question.. will the pants be grown from seeds/ seedlings? or will they just start as a larg pant? besides that i can't wait for it.. i think this will be the best mod yet..
good luck dude icon14.gif icon14.gif

Remember kids Don't smoke crack... Look wat its done to me suicidal.gif
anuj_cop.gif jks..

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:20 PM

Looks like good work from a creative mind. I hope you see this through.

JagW
  • JagW

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:44 AM Edited by JagW, 01 November 2006 - 03:58 AM.

You scare me that yyou know so much about dope and dealing biggrin.gif Looks way cool though, looking forword to the release!

astr1
  • astr1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:00 AM

Very impressive! When you say soon do you mean like 1-3days or 2-3weeks? I really hope it realeases in 1-3days, it looks like the best mod i have ever seen!

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:52 AM

First of all thanx for the support guys,1 of the reasons i published t preview, was to see what will be the reaction,im happy to see supportive comments and not flames.
One question.. will the plants be grown from seeds/ seedlings? or will they just start as a larg pant?

when u start t game the plants allready ripe and ready for sell ,however i was thinking to add t option to plant new seeds and work out some kind of growing cycle,it wont be real stimulated growth process cause 6 months will be too much to wait ingame for t plants to be ready ,im not sure about this yet ,cause after u start dealing its pretty much easy to buy new dope on t streets instead of growing it by yourself ,but then again we'll see, i havent decided completly about that yet .

thanx dem ,i appricate your support very much,i asked u when sa just came out to convert t neomod for sa and u told me hell no do it yourself,and thats what got me into sa coding in t first place,if u would have made it for me then, this all mod would have never even been made, so cookie.gif for u smile.gif
You scare me that yyou know so much about dope and dealing

devil.gif wink.gif tounge.gif
When you say soon do you mean like 1-3days or 2-3weeks

well 2 or 3 weeks seems more likely ,and if it wont be completly finished by then , i'll release a beta ,which will include allmost all features beside t props .
ill try to rush it up altough it purely dephends on t ammount of free time i'll have in t next weeks .
stay tuned ph34r.gif icon14.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Freakingfreak @ Nov 1 2006, 07:52)
thanx dem ,i appricate your support very much,i asked u when sa just came out to convert t neomod for sa and u told me hell no do it yourself,and thats what got me into sa coding in t first place,if u would have made it for me then, this all mod would have never even been made, so cookie.gif for u smile.gif

You know, that means a lot to me. I'm criticized for my tough love approach all the time. Most people don't seem to realize that subtlety of my ways. What it does is it encourages those here merely to wast our time to get out. Or, as it was with your case, challenges them to rise to the occassion and LEARN, which helps them accomplish not only their whim at that moment, but whatever they might imagine afterwards smile.gif Thank you for providing yet another success story.

Now stop reading this and get back to work tounge.gif

Dasees
  • Dasees

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:03 AM

sounds really good, definently gonna check it out when it releases

B_Rad_Jeezy
  • B_Rad_Jeezy

Buddha Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:59 AM

mod sounds sweet, but i do have a reccomendation

you could make it so certain people will pay less or more for it, so you could choose to take a loss or make a profit, and say if the police are after you, you can go up to someone and sell all your drugs and then your wanted level will disappear

did you by chance ever play the game dopewars by beermat software, i did biggrin.gif

Tody
  • Tody

space and sh*t

• Members

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:56 AM Edited by Tody, 20 May 2012 - 08:53 PM.

t*

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:24 AM Edited by Freakingfreak, 02 November 2006 - 10:29 AM.

you could make it so certain people will pay less or more for it, so you could choose to take a loss or make a profit

this feautre allready included ,every time you sell or buy it will be a random ammount of money, very much alike the old dopewars (every drug got its defined price for example 0 to 20000, so if u r patient enough u will find good deals wink.gif ),
and say if the police are after you, you can go up to someone and sell all your drugs and then your wanted level will disappear

sure u can, and u better, sell your dope asap if u have wanted stars ,but that wont take away your wanted stars ,if u want the wanted level off u can do couple of things like ,call corrupted cop and pay for it,or go to pay and spray, if u r a cheap basterd that is tounge.gif
having it your way will make it too easy .
did you by chance ever play the game dopewars by beermat software, i did

yes i did, it was 1 of my favs ,back in t days ,i always thought that it will work great on a 3d world,as t original game was txt based only, so u defenitly can say that t original dopewars was a huge inspiration for me .
Now stop reading this and get back to work

Lmao , biggrin.gif
*going back to work* tounge.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

Looks very cool. Like the idea and the way you realized it. Way to go, dude. Keep it up. icon14.gif cookie.gif

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:16 PM Edited by Bigun, 06 November 2006 - 11:21 AM.

QUOTE (Demarest)

I thought just the same. Keep it up, looks like it'll turn out great. icon14.gif
A little comment, though. By the screenshots, you use menu routines/system/whatever with for example press SPRINT to buy X, JUMP to buy Y, etc. That's not very convenient, you should use the movement keys scrolling and 1 key to choose the selected entry. Then you can change quantity from 0 (default is 1, 0 cancels) and up with arrow keys and again press a key to accept changes, which is more like how it's usually done.
EDIT: If you want you can make it even better. Instead of asking for quantity after choosing a single "product", you can scroll with arrow keys threw the list of items and press CONVERSATION_YES or CONVERSATION_NO to raise or lower that item's quantity count, respectivly. That way you can have even faster shopping, set quantity for a number of items, press a single button to buy them all (as well as have a single button to exit) and you're finished. Oh and this is probably needless to say, but make sure the loops are high priority enough. I hate SA's shopping systems (especially clothes), not because of the menus but because for example when picking a shirt to buy you gotta wait a damn lot of time (if you're doing a lot of shopping, it gets REALLY annoying) until CJ f*cking goes in and out (lol, naugthy isn't he). I'd rather it unrealistically appearing on him instead (heck, him just going in and barely a second he's out isn't realistic, too), the waiting freaks me off. Buying there was so slow. But this shouldn't be a problem for this.

In addition about the mobile Ammunation...getting guns in SA is already so damn cheap and easy, hell, it's too unchallenging. So even though it's a quirky feature to have, it IMO is overdone, there should be features that make weapons harder to get instead. tounge.gif

Tody
  • Tody

space and sh*t

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:17 PM Edited by Tody, 20 May 2012 - 08:59 PM.

t*

jshell
  • jshell

(*336*)

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:44 PM

1 thing u can do to make this better is add a success meter like in the Scarface game

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

I have ideas for the starting, i hope a bit of it can get to the beta.

You can have a bar of how much you have left for the next level. My idea is to have 4 different levels:

Lvl 1 :Everyday dealer
-Safe life.
-Really low time, having the cheapest stuff in the game (bat, knife and handgun).
-Only owning a small hood on the gheeto. Your gang carries knifes and no handguns.
-You own a room in the Jefferson Motel where you plant drugs, save and pick up 4 different weapons (shovel, pistol , molotov and tec9).
-You start with a tampa (crap car).

Lvl 2: Midlife dealer
-Good life on the streets, with a bit of attacks from some gangs.
-You can start gang wars. Your gang carries pistols and tec9.
-You can now recruit gang members.
-You own your own Crack den (maybe add some bitches and gang members inside) . Outside you have your weeds stored and a Savanah (lowrider car). Inside you can save, pick up 4 different weapons (bat, pistol, granade and micro smg) and buy weeds to a guy.

Lvl 3: Big Time dealer
-Dangerous life; all the other city gangs hate you. Watch out.
-Can hire armed bodyguards outside Ryder's. They carry SMGs.
-You own Big Smoke's Crack palace on East Los Santos. It comes with gang members, drug factory and strip club on 3rd floor. You can save, hire bodyguards and pick up 4 weapons ( katana, silenced pistol, remote charges and SMG).
-All the city gangs pack heat (SMGs and Micro SMGs).
-Your gang carries Micro SMGs and pistols.
-Phoenix parked outside Crack palace.
-You can pay $50.000 to the russian guys in the docks to make your gang carry SMGs and Desert Eagles.

Lvl 4: High Roller
-Very dangerous and fun life. Watch out for constant attacks from gangs and hitmen ph34r.gif .
-The bodyguards you can hire now carry AKs.
-Gang can carry AKs if you pay $100.000 to russian in the docks.
-You own a Marijuana farm near San Fierro (the one from Truth's mission)
-You can buy the russian warehouse for $120.000. Inside you can save, hire bodyguards , sell drugs to other gangs and pick up 4 weapons (Chainsaw, Desert Eagle , Rocket Launcher and AK).
-Can buy minigun from Russian Dealer on Docks for $250.000 and Heat Seeking RPG for $200.000.
-You get calls from other gangs from San Fierro asking for weed. If you go to Unity Station you can sell drugs for very high price ( weed x 50 = $150.00) to the gang members.
-You get followed by FBI members (followed , not chased!) whom follow you to your safehouse. If they succesfully see you entering your safehouse you get 5 wanted stars.
-You get called from people all around the country asking for drugs. You can see them at the warehouse.

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:08 PM Edited by Freakingfreak, 08 November 2006 - 10:15 PM.

you should use the movement keys scrolling and 1 key to choose the selected entry. Then you can change quantity from 0 (default is 1, 0 cancels) and up with arrow keys and again press a key to accept changes, which is more like how it's usually done.
EDIT: If you want you can make it even better. Instead of asking for quantity after choosing a single "product", you can scroll with arrow keys threw the list of items and press CONVERSATION_YES or CONVERSATION_NO to raise or lower that item's quantity count, respectivly. That way you can have even faster shopping, set quantity for a number of items, press a single button to buy them all (as well as have a single button to exit) and you're finished. .

i can do that ,but it will take some time ,i think it lots of work to do ,when now u just press 1 key (and after u play a bit u remember the keys, they always t same)and buy as much dope as u want,press other key buy other ,simple but effective,ill might replace the menus in later version.
In addition about the mobile Ammunation...getting guns in SA is already so damn cheap and easy, hell, it's too unchallenging. So even though it's a quirky feature to have, it IMO is overdone, there should be features that make weapons harder to get instead.

you forget that this is a stripped scm so basicly this is t only way to get weapons in this mod ,and i made sure that the prices for the good weapons be very high ,and even if u buy them u get very low ammount of bullets .
after reading lord fido post i think maybe to change that to house spawning weapons and t better house u buy better weapons inside ,what u guys think better?

I have ideas for the starting, i hope a bit of it can get to the beta.

lord fido all your ideas r great but there is no way it will get into t beta unless u want the beta released in couple of months ,i think your idea is good but for a completly new mod and if i will have time and will, i might make it one day ,cause i liked t idea very much.
so guys great ideas but keep in mind that i want to release it soon as possibole i barely have time for coding and if ill try to implement all your ideas it will take ages .
ph34r.gif laters icon14.gif

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

Okay. But the buy weapons for homeis should be in.

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:34 PM

wink.gif icon14.gif

grovespaz
  • grovespaz

Group: Morons

• Members

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:09 AM

This mod looks great!
How much time did you already spend on it?

Keep it up,
Grove

zeta1
  • zeta1

-All Tarkers Must FŮcking Hang-

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

Wow this is awesome dude, reminds me a lot of Scarface xmas.gif

HyperVyper
  • HyperVyper

Psycho Clutch Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:14 AM

Sweet mod, especially for a more concentrated mod about dope and stuff, i even have a slogan for this mod: "SA: Dopewars, illegal trafficing made fun biggrin.gif "

Fido4life
  • Fido4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

this is gonna be soo cool biggrin.gif please release ! tounge2.gif

Fido4life
  • Fido4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:26 PM

this is gonna be soo cool biggrin.gif please release ! tounge2.gif

Tennesse
  • Tennesse

Slaughterhouse

• Members

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:15 PM

yeah, a release would be great! looks awsome
very good job! I hope at least a beta will come around soon

jshell
  • jshell

(*336*)

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:55 PM

does anybody know when this is gonna be released?

spectre01
  • spectre01

GTA & MW Lover

• Members

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:34 AM

nice mod!!! you really must get some ideas from "Scarface: the world is yours", right? lol

asonofashadow
  • asonofashadow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:14 AM

I look forward to playing so much. Here are some suggestions tell me what you think x).

1. Plants in your back yard. You should be able to most deifnately get a green house built.

2. Plants in your house. Purchase better systems like hydroponics.

3. Set up drug houses, meth labs ect.

4. House raids.

5. Drug Lord status: Can recruite/and or hire guards. I'm not sure if you have played Shadowrun for the SNES or the the Genesis. But you should also be able to hire special npc's with unique stats. play it if you get a chance anyone.

6. Taking drugs- You should get stat changes, and visual effects for psychoactives like acid. Or make them kinda comicish like powers. Cocain makes you run really fast. PCP if your on that your like -50 health getting shot still attacking cops. Like a beserker mode. Which would be cool say if you fought a guy on it, or could give it to your guards, or buddies that would follow you.

7. Your homies will come over and chill with you and hang out. Randomly , or some how they call you, or you can call them to go on a ride with you.

8. Snitches and undercover- Not sure how you should include this but it's definately a part that should be involved I think.

9. Busted, and Warrents- if you get tailed back to your house and you don't notice your being followed, you can get raided, and if your there you will have to fight them off. Like the next time you enter your house they will be outside with a warrent, or after you wake up. There should also be a way for warrents to be issued for your arrest. So your like allways hiding from the cops.

10. New star system- Something along the lines of maybe,

1 star: when your out of your car you can get busted or at a road block, but if you change cars or something they can't find you.
2 stars: you will be asked to pull over

Dasees
  • Dasees

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

my dad usta play shadowrun all the time on genises... but i also like to see some of those features in the game

Freakingfreak
  • Freakingfreak

DopeFiend

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:19 AM

Hello all ,been having a few setbacks here, but anyway, a beta will be release real soon ,so please try to be a bit more patient .
How much time did you already spend on it?

im working on this for at least half a year to a year but not daily and not on a regular basis,had lots of breaks ,some of them went on for months .
i made the drugs buying/selling system way back ,and added and removed features along t way, some of them stayed in t mod, some i completley removed,baiscly i did it for personal use ,but after playing for couple of months i thought that its pretty selfish not to release ,but in order to release, i felt i need to add more featuers to the mod and since i dont have that much free time + im a lazy basterd,it takes time smile.gif
you really must get some ideas from "Scarface: the world is yours", right? lol

nope i didnt had a chance to play scarface yet , i made the drug system for personal use way before scarface was released .but since lots of peeps mentioned that it reminds them of scarface it seems like i need to check it asap tounge.gif
Purchase better systems like hydroponics

lol asonofashadow,good thinking man ,but probably most of your ideas which i liked very much wont go into t beta ,im trying to wrap it up and not start a new ,at least not yet. some of your ideas will probably end up in t next version .

3. Set up drug houses, meth labs ect.
4. House raids.

those r really cool ideas icon14.gif
6. Taking drugs- You should get stat changes, and visual effects for psychoactives like acid

this idea i always wanted to do, but its quite hard to implement through scm coding ,at least t visuals part ,stat changes r easy to do but t results r not satisfactory .
Can recruite/and or hire guards. I'm not sure if you have played Shadowrun

yep ,good old shadowrun was 1 of t best games for snes&gensis ,i liked it very much ,u can hire bodyguards allready in this mod ,but they dont have special stats .
and i made this mod without levels or status like many of you suggested ,u will have all the options right from t moment you start but u'll need lots of money to use all of them
so it wont matter if t option is there from t begining since u start broke .
"SA: Dopewars, illegal trafficing made fun "

lol HyperVyper icon14.gif
does anybody know when this is gonna be released?

soon,real soon wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users