Photo

Increasing Super-Sprint

10 replies to this topic
iholley
  • iholley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:29 PM

I know there must be way of increasing the characters super-sprint speed, if by increasing the speed of the animations or some collision percentage, but I have no clue. Any thoughts?

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:55 AM

The animation doesn't dictate the speed at which the character runs - it will have a set value somewhere I suppose, probably obtainable through memory hacking. Either way, it's not been tried before, and requires someone to look for the memory address in order for it to happen.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

I believe someone made a hack to do it in Vice City and GTA3, If i can find the website with the download on it I'll post it icon14.gif . The authors on these forums somewhere too wink.gif .

PLPynton
  • PLPynton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (iholley @ Oct 1 2006, 23:29)
I know there must be way of increasing the characters super-sprint speed, if by increasing the speed of the animations or some collision percentage, but I have no clue. Any thoughts?

i do not know what game you are talking about and what is super-sprint actually in your mind. genarelly forcing animation to speed up forces engine to apply movement and whole action around character to be done faster about the same factor. so if you speed up run animation 10 times the char will run 10 times faster. it should work in sa and vice.

iholley
  • iholley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:29 PM

I'm wanting to work with SA, and super-sprint is simply the sprint key,as in sprinting as opposed to regular running for CJ. I thought that the animation speed would be they key, just because I recently tried the superman mod (based off of Super CJ) and it looked like the power meter simply increased or decreased animation speed for the character. I thought it was great but instead of using a power meter, why not just max out the super-sprint so the increased speed actually only applies to his running, only problem is I don't know how to do it.

Hanney
  • Hanney

Hardcore VC-MP Fan.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:44 PM

So your trying to change the walking speed of the sprint when you tap the sprint button? Is there any file which contains this or is it part of the animation?

PLPynton
  • PLPynton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (iholley @ Oct 2 2006, 15:29)
I'm wanting to work with SA, and super-sprint is simply the sprint key,as in sprinting as opposed to regular running for CJ. I thought that the animation speed would be they key, just because I recently tried the superman mod (based off of Super CJ) and it looked like the power meter simply increased or decreased animation speed for the character. I thought it was great but instead of using a power meter, why not just max out the super-sprint so the increased speed actually only applies to his running, only problem is I don't know how to do it.

do it thru missioncoding. check if character animation is "something" (e.x. "musclesprint") then set it to 10.0x speed rate or whatever you want. i strongly suggest to not to do that because... you will see what occurs when actor is trying to align position to enter vehicle for example... furthermore the sprint animation cannotbe speeded up as run animation is because it simply works not, believe me i tried and that is why in SCJ mod you can not sprint vfast but run.
if you have questions how to do it look at the code posted in SCJ topic.

Cowpat
  • Cowpat

web schmeb

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:16 AM

I made a mod for both GTA3 and Vice which enabled you to speed the player up. It worked by modifying the ifp file. Unfortunately, SA uses a different animation format and I haven't investigated it. I'm sure I've seen a mod somewhere which allows you to speed up player, something like an in-game console which allows you to change many game values. Can't recall which.

What you probably want to do is speed up the translation of the player along the ground. Actually speeding up the animations looks terrible. Trust me - I know.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Cowpat @ Oct 3 2006, 20:16)
I made a mod for both GTA3 and Vice which enabled you to speed the player up. It worked by modifying the ifp file. Unfortunately, SA uses a different animation format and I haven't investigated it. I'm sure I've seen a mod somewhere which allows you to speed up player, something like an in-game console which allows you to change many game values. Can't recall which.

What you probably want to do is speed up the translation of the player along the ground. Actually speeding up the animations looks terrible. Trust me - I know.

Ah yes, thats right, it was CowPats website I saw, how can I forget. Sorry about that mate icon14.gif .

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Cowpat @ Oct 3 2006, 10:16)
I made a mod for both GTA3 and Vice which enabled you to speed the player up.  It worked by modifying the ifp file.  Unfortunately, SA uses a different animation format and I haven't investigated it.  I'm sure I've seen a mod somewhere which allows you to speed up player, something like an in-game console which allows you to change many game values.  Can't recall which.

What you probably want to do is speed up the translation of the player along the ground.  Actually speeding up the animations looks terrible.  Trust me - I know.

Doesn't changing the animation mean in effect that the model will run further distances without the player being able to stop him? Or does the engine stop the animation as soon the move button is relased?

Alex

Cowpat
  • Cowpat

web schmeb

• Members

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:23 AM Edited by Cowpat, 27 October 2006 - 02:41 PM.

QUOTE (AK-73 @ Oct 5 2006, 15:38)
Doesn't changing the animation mean in effect that the model will run further distances without the player being able to stop him? Or does the engine stop the animation as soon the move button is relased?

For GTA3 and Vice the ifp file contained both the numbers for waggling the players limbs around (the animations), and for the xyz translations through space. By setting the 'y' values to zero you could have the player run on the spot, the rest of the animation unchanged.

The San Andreas ifp files contain many less numbers, though it has been suggested the animations are in some kind of compressed format, so they may not necessarily contain less information.

I think the engine stops the animation as soon as the button is released. This is not the case for the 'ready to fight' stance, which is obviously timed to continue after the key is released. So, yes, I think there may be a way to circumvent the animation timer. Of course that won't speed up the player in any way.

Edit: in clarification of the above - the translations are usually considered to be part and parcel of the animations, but for the purposes of the question at hand (making the player cover more ground in the same amount of time) it serves to consider them as being somewhat separate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users