Photo

Sir, yes sir!

27 replies to this topic
Coffee Breath
  • Coffee Breath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:33 AM

I've finished VC 3 or 4 times, but every time I come up to this mission, I completely forget how to do it. If you just try and steal the tank, it's locked. Then it says find a way to lure out it's occupants and that's where I get stuck.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:42 AM

Try carefully blocking the path of the tank, as this will prompt the CO to order a soldier to get off the tank to remove your vehicle. On that point, the tank would be unlocked and can be stolen already. Just be prepared for the ensuing action.

Someguy in Forum
  • Someguy in Forum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

Have you killed all the soldiers

Have u tried shoting them through the front of the tank or if that doesnt work u could use a flame thrower or molotov to kill them

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

The army are just cops with better guns and a new uniform. And as such, they have the same desires as normal cops. Don't rush, because that's the common mistake when trying to pass this mission. The convoy will stop for coffee and donuts, leaving you a great chance to enter the tank without passing the mission in 2 health points.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

Park something in front of the Rhino. Get out and get into the Rhino. I start off by driving backwards while firing the cannon. This works well to clear the area out and help ensure that you don't get pulled out of the Rhino while trying to leave. From there, it's pie.

If you're interested in ensnaring an FBI Rancher, blow up all the cops you can on your way to the garage. once you have 5 stars, wait for some FBI to show up. THEN drive into the yard and deposity the Rhino. When the mission is passed, you should be able to run up to one of them and jack it. You'll need to get away quick and you'll have a 1 star wanted level, but you'll also have an FBI Rancher.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

I normally will take the tank at the donut shop when the soldier gets out and instead of delievering it, take it to the hyman condo downtown... park it in the garage and let the timer explode it.... then exit the garage let the door shut and then re-enter-- the tank will be healed--- then use it for vigilante to knock that out relatively early and easily.

Then repeat the mission to pass it-- stealing at the donut shop is the easiest method.

I did this once where I got a bunch of rocket launchers and started firing from a distance where they can't shoot you... after you blow up everybody you will here them say something like "lets get out of here" and they abandon the tank.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

I had a problem doing this mission when I first tried it. Just simply wait for the Rhino to stop at the Donut Shop and then jack the tank. If you try to jack it before it stops, you'll get end up with Kruger bullets up your ass.

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:08 PM

Wait by the Little Havana Donut shop.The tank will eventually stop there.Kill the gunner. This makes the soldiers puzzled. Enter the tank and drive towards the destination.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:14 PM

Load up on guns and simply kill 'em all cool.gif

Really, by the time you're playing the mission you should be really high on Tec9 ammo, and I'm sure there are a few instances where you could get an Uzi or MP5. Because the weapon class is the same, all ammo'll travel right over and leaves you with a really powerfull weapon. Ammo comes in handy, or you could do the same trick with a M4, instead of the ruger. Same story as with the semi-auto gun.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:31 PM

I usually do this mission as soon as it comes up (or as soon as I can after getting the money to buy Hyman Condos, whichever). But I can't remember if you can hold off on this mission until you get the mansion, which is much closer to the spot where you steal the tank. If you can, then you could store it there.

Getting it to the condos before it blows up can be hard, especially with three stars (which can become more than that depending on how much havoc you wreak en route).

Also, I find no need to kill the gunner; after the soldier answers "Sir, yes sir!" to his order to get donuts, you can just walk right up and make off with the tank. Make haste getting out of there if you are trying to save it at the condos, because being as fast as you can you'll only make it with ~10 seconds to detonation. If you are simply doing this to pass the mission and parking it at Cortez's lockup, it's not far away at all and you have plenty of time.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:50 AM

If memory serves me the mansion garage isn't tall enough for the tank to fit-- I could be wrong on this.

And I am 99% sure that the mission Sir Yes Sir must be done prior to Death Row meaning you won't own the mansion yet...

You will need to reverse the turret and fire to get to the condo in time but you should have plenty of time if you do this

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Oct 6 2006, 21:50)
You will need to reverse the turret and fire to get to the condo in time but you should have plenty of time if you do this

Actually, I managed (barely) to get it there without firing backwards (except to shoot cop cars occasionally). The key is to keep moving forward and know how to get there without making any bad turns. Make one, and you won't get to the garage in time.

Thanks for clarifying that about the mansion.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:21 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 08 October 2006 - 08:30 AM.

Isn't the mansion ownable after Rub Out? And I think Spuds is right about the garage there. Hyman is still ideal for the Rhino, tall enough and I think the nearest from where you must steal it. I'm not sure though if the distance between Hyman and Sunshine is about the same or Hyman is still the nearest.

A bit OT: but you can store a Hunter in the mansion's garage somehow smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Oct 8 2006, 03:21)
Isn't the mansion ownable after Rub Out?

Right, but I'm almost certain "Sir, Yes Sir" must be done prior to "Death Row" which is done prior to "Rub Out"-- meaning you can't own Sunshine Autos or the Mansion...

We are getting a bit off topic...

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

Driving the doubt and the off topicness even further, I'm pretty sure you can do Sir, Yes Sir after owning assets.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

More off topic-- but you are wrong.. I just went though this part of the game to check out a glitch for Marthas Mugshot and did the minimum to get there...

I HAD TO comlete Sir Yes Sir before I aquired the mansion (I remember that it was either before "Death Row" or "Rub Out")

And a quick google search yielded this handy chart... (its a PDF)-- "Sir Yes sir" is a requirement for Death Row....

http://patrickw.gtag...e...0vice city"

This is also handy to show which missions are required for the Assasination missions to become available...

Now please back on topic... Don't make me split this thread... anuj_cop.gif

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

Okay then. But this thread is pretty much closed. The question has been answered, and anyone who's looking for the answer reads the first posts and leaves.

I'll shut up now. tounge.gif

WILLY1
  • WILLY1

WILLY1

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:43 AM

park in front of the tank

plunkett
  • plunkett

Ehhh... Sure, why not..

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:58 AM

^^with a fire truck also helps..

also, in Vice City, you can use an M4 or sniper to shoot through doors or see-hole

xShannonxMx
  • xShannonxMx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

biggrin.gif All you do is get to the procession as fast as you can and follow it along when it gets to a shop one of the leaders shout " Soldier, Goget some donuts!" "Then he reply's "Sir, Yes Sir" he gets out of the tank and then if you walk up to it and get in simply drive off, then drive to your destination!x.

theloserwins
  • theloserwins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:30 PM

Well...
I didn't use any weapons but grenades!!!
wow.gif
I did that for a few times!!! (with luck)

I started off from backwards, and tracked them...
I threw grenades at the cars, so the threat has lowered...
I rushed into the tank, and it's all up to the tank...

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:08 PM

I had the strategy guide so I knew to wait until the tank stopped for donuts. Then for some reason the door is left unlocked so you can hop right in and speed off, no problem.

Adrena1in
  • Adrena1in

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Oct 8 2006, 11:45)

Right, but I'm almost certain "Sir, Yes Sir" must be done prior to "Death Row" which is done prior to "Rub Out"-- meaning you can't own Sunshine Autos or the Mansion...

That's answered the question I've been searching for for a while now. I've got all the assets, and done all the missions I can find, but I kept reading about "Sir, Yes Sir!", though never did it.

I guess I just missed a mission pink-halo or didn't take a phone call, and bypassed it. Shame, because I'm not a bit stuck for things to do. Mind you, I've got a few tanks to "play" with anyway.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Adrena1in @ Jan 16 2007, 23:01)
QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Oct 8 2006, 11:45)

That's answered the question I've been searching for for a while now. I've got all the assets, and done all the missions I can find, but I kept reading about "Sir, Yes Sir!", though never did it.

I guess I just missed a mission pink-halo or didn't take a phone call, and bypassed it. Shame, because I'm not a bit stuck for things to do. Mind you, I've got a few tanks to "play" with anyway.

Not likely. Missions don't generally just 'disappear' like that.

Have a gander at Patrick's extremely helpful VC sequence chart. It'll be interesting at the very least...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

Ditto-- it is not possible to own any businesses without having done that mission... its one of Cortez's missions-- the only one of his that is optional (for completing the story) is his final mission... the one done on his big boat-- "all hands on deck"

SeanMcC
  • SeanMcC

'I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you.'

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

Yeah.
'Sir, Yes Sir!' unlocks 'Death Row' which in turn unlocks 'Rub Out', 'Shakedown' and the assets.
For 'Sir, Yes Sir!', I wait by the coffee shop in Little Havana. When the tank arrives and the soldier is order to get some donuts, I hop in the tank and take it to to the nearby garage. Although sometimes you have to let a soldier out of the tank before you reach the garage otherwise he'll shoot at you when you complete the mission.

smaisey
  • smaisey

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

Works every time:

just park your bike (or whatever vehicle you are using) in front of the tank, the driver of the tank will get out, allowing you to simply just open it and drive off!

Adrena1in
  • Adrena1in

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:28 PM Edited by Adrena1in, 30 January 2007 - 02:10 PM.

QUOTE (SeanMcC @ Jan 16 2007, 13:53)
Yeah.
'Sir, Yes Sir!' unlocks 'Death Row' which in turn unlocks 'Rub Out', 'Shakedown' and the assets.
For 'Sir, Yes Sir!', I wait by the coffee shop in Little Havana. When the tank arrives and the soldier is order to get some donuts, I hop in the tank and take it to to the nearby garage. Although sometimes you have to let a soldier out of the tank before you reach the garage otherwise he'll shoot at you when you complete the mission.

Oh right, perhaps I did do them then, but just forgot. blush.gif I definitely did some missions for Cortez, ending with the one on his boat where you have several shootouts, including shooting down some choppers.

EDIT: Yep, I did do it before. Did it again the other night, and though I don't remember the soldiers at all, I remember driving the tank to the lockup. Did it really easily again, (the Mini-Gun made light work of the soldiers!).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users